Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 apocalypse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We is all gonna dieeeeeeee :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Pixel8 wrote: »
    If if if... if you just stop talking about it and prejudging it and just go get it done properly, then comment on it, i'll believe whatever you say. Skeptics have a tendency to talk and debate things til the cows come home when all they have to do is get off their asses and try it for themselves but their negativity just won't bring them around to even giving it a go... Less talk, more action is whats needed. Its all based on fear, are you afraid there could be some truth to all this and life could somehow be predestined to an extent? Or are you afraid your mates might call you names if you don't conform to their beliefs? lol
    All Astrologers have different levels of knowledge about the subject, same as any other profession. Go to someone who has done it for at least 25 years with your date, exact time of birth and place of birth. They should be able to describe about 85-90% of your personality and attitude towards life and when major changes have happened and will happen in your life such as marriage, babies, career changes, relationships, deaths etc.

They use the positions of the planets in our solar system relative to earths position and the suns position, can't get more scientific than that... There are records of all the planet positions for 6000 years in a book called an Ephemeris which Astrologers use to calculate effects on your chart.

Astrology Ephemeris for 6000 years:
    http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

I know a lot of people are still skeptical of Astrology but there is definitely something to it. We might not be able to describe what the exact relationship is between us and the planets scientifically yet, but we will. The planets are not there for us just to look at, they obviously support some function which we still know nothing about. All in good time...

The people who say there is no effect from planet gravities on humans on Earth are forgetting what happens when you throw a pebble into a pond, how far do the ripples go? How far would the ripples go if it was a massive stone you threw into the pond? Well, planets are massive so why can't they have an effect on our little planet? Everything affects everything.

The pebbles haven't suddenly being thrown into a pond. There are only 12 contellations in astrology, what about the other stars out there? Shouldn't there be 12 groups of people with exactly the same life, shoudn't twins/triplets etc have the same life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

fontanalis wrote: »
    The pebbles haven't suddenly being thrown into a pond. There are only 12 contellations in astrology, what about the other stars out there? Shouldn't there be 12 groups of people with exactly the same life, shoudn't twins/triplets etc have the same life?

nag nag nag, do you're own research

nag nag nag, do you're own research

Don't take you're doubt out on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

fontanalis wrote: »
    Don't take you're doubt out on me.

ok. nag nag nag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The two of you grow up or don't post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Nick Dolan

Being sceptical means you just dont believe any nonsence that comes your way so that you remain "balanced" or "open minded" and astrology is some of the silliest nonsence Ive ever heard. Im including the tabloid stuff and the readings professional astrologers do.
    They use the positions of the planets in our solar system relative to earths position and the suns position, can't get more scientific than that.

I dont think you can get any more pseudoscientific than that.except maybe-

My cat is secretly organising an underground resistance to the Isreali blocade of gaza, beacuse the earth orbits the sun at a distance of 1AU.
    This is a provable scientific fact, lots of studies, experiments and huge mountains of evidence, and I am basing my logic on this.

Astrology is a less messy form of Haruspicy, reading animal entrails to determine the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Another spiral has been seen , this time in Australia , there is something going on , what i don't know :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKjvLnG6iQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Yet another rocket gone wrong :P
    My imaginitive side might ask has cern been running any experiments around this time?
    But realistically its probably just a gov experiment of some kind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

espinolman wrote: »
    Another spiral has been seen , this time in Australia , there is something going on , what i don't know :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKjvLnG6iQ

Something going on all right. That is the booster from SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket which was launched an hour before that video was recorded.

www.universetoday.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I'm an idiot for for posting here, but that said, here goes. Mysterious, (+others) seem to think they are aware of things going on that people are generally unaware of. Now I'm a gambler at heart. I believe that most knowledge you have that is special can be used to your advantage; for example if you could of predicted 9:11 before it happened, you could easily bet on it and make a lot of money. You don't need to bet on the exact event, just on the likely responses. In fact as far as I remember, they caught people involved in that because of very unusual stock market manoeuvres. That wasn't magic, or psuedo-intellectual clap trap, it was because they had advance warning, and knew that something was going to happen. So, if you happen to be lucky enough to be aware of some cosmic event that is likely to change humanity in a meaningful way - bet on it. I'll be your bookie.

You're the expert, so you can pick the event. Will gold become more valuable or less after 2012? Will the dollar fall, or is the Euro likely to strengthen? These are just examples, feel free to pick some other valuation. If you aren't able to come up with a suitable wager then you are very unlikely to be intelligent enough to interpret the "special" information you feel you are privy to, to any worthwhile degree.

I talk a lot with football fans. Most football fans are normally reasonable people, but when you talk to them about their own football team they behave like small children, unable to follow simple reason or logic. So I can make money betting against them - my edge is I'm not blinded by a tribal following of a football club. So mysterious, I challenge you. Back your idiotic (only in my humble opinion) ideas with cash. And if you aren't prepared to....well then stfu, and stop wasting peoples time. Humans are stupid and confused enough without having to listen to your rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

What i think is going to happen, which i feel has happend before over the years on earth is, on dec 2012, some humans who have evolved in the spiritual/mental ways will move onto a 'higher plane' or disappear from earth and the ones who are left behind here on this planet will have no memory of these people who moved on to the 'next world'.

So say if it was your brother who moved on to the 'next plane/world' and you are left behind it would be as if he was never born, your parents would have no memory of him at all, ever.
    Or i say it was your mother that moved on, there would be a new memory of her made in your fathers/grandparents/older siblings minds but you would not know of her since birth if you are the youngest (if that makes sense).
    So for us who are left behind it will be like nothing has changed at all in dec 2012 and we will have another date in the media to look forward that something major will happen, say 2070, and media will be saying 'nothing happend in 2012 and this next date is rubbish...'
    This is always what i have thought since 1995 when i found out about the 2012 date and reading up on it.

Or its the end of the recession for the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭feelites

its not good now and its gonna be worse

few months back - haiti earthquake
    few weeks back - volcano waking up in island
    few weeks back - big diesel leak over the ocean
    few days back - over 20 tornados in one day in US

its a fact, the anomalies which happen recently are not normal
    year by year something happen which people didnt see ever...

as im polish i will give u my example
    if anybody track the worlds news will know it
    25% of poland is flooded like a big sink
    in some parts of the country u can only see the top of the trees

http://www.samper.pl/polska_z_lotu_orla/obrazki/pl-powodz.jpg

THE EARTH IS GONNA GET TWISTED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

feelites wrote: »
    its not good now and its gonna be worse

few months back - haiti earthquake
    few weeks back - volcano waking up in island
    few weeks back - big diesel leak over the ocean
    few days back - over 20 tornados in one day in US

July 12, 1992, - 28 Tornadoes in one day in the state of Ohio alone.
    July 1992 - 44 tornadoes in one month
    1992 - annual total of 61 tornadoes
    The global environment group, which has been agitating in Poland for modern systems of natural complementary flood protection since devastating floods in 1997, said it greatly regretted the loss of life of property in current floods.

'But in Poland, despite losses caused every year by floods and appeals from NGOs such as WWF. the same mistakes continue to be repeated over and over again,' said Piotr Nieznanski, Head of Conservation for WWF Poland.

'Uncontrolled development of areas at risk from flooding is considered at present as one of the most important causes of mounting economic and social losses resulting from river flooding.

'At the same time, already three quarters of floodplains of the Odra and the Vistula river in Poland have been confined inside flood embankments and open for development even though it is common knowledge that the flood embankments do not guarantee 100% safety to these areas.'

During thirteen years which elapsed since the great flood of 1997 WWF published and distributed to local authorities brochure 'For rivers - space, for humans - safety,' which emphasises the need for a series of new solutions to improve flood safety.

I'd suggest people looked a little closer to home rather than at the bleedin' stars...

Same thing going on here, people building on floodplains and being surprised when they get flooded. Sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭feelites

of course u're right
    people could prepare better for this flooding
    BUT
    it doesnt change the fact that there was nothing like that before in there

every year now - summer is hotter, winter is colder
    year by year we can see it clearer
    theres no calendar for it anymore
    u can have a winter in the summer
    and summer in the winter

for me its very obvious - the climate is changing

so........ calendar.... is changing aswell.... for something else that we dont know yet

as i said its gonna get twisted so i suggest for anyone to stock as many books as possible and stuff like seeds, tents, sleeping bags and basic kitchen stuff like knifes coz its gonna be the highest value in the future when we gonna loose everything ;)

that how is gonna look in the future, no money, no cars, no electricity, nothing like that.... just pure livin ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I'm an idiot, but that said, here goes. Mysterious, (+others) seem to think they are aware of things going on that people are generally unaware of. Now I'm a gambler at heart. I believe that most knowledge you have that is special can be used to your advantage; for example if you could of predicted 9:11 before it happened, you could easily bet on it and make a lot of money. You don't need to bet on the exact event, just on the likely responses. In fact as far as I remember, they caught people involved in that because of very unusual stock market manoeuvres. That wasn't magic, or psuedo-intellectual clap trap, it was because they had advance warning, and knew that something was going to happen. So, if you happen to be lucky enough to be aware of some cosmic event that is likely to change humanity in a meaningful way - bet on it. I'll be your bookie.

You're the expert, so you can pick the event. Will gold become more valuable or less after 2012? Will the dollar fall, or is the Euro likely to strengthen? These are just examples, feel free to pick some other valuation. If you aren't able to come up with a suitable wager then you are very unlikely to be intelligent enough to interpret the "special" information you feel you are privy to, to any worthwhile degree.

I talk a lot with football fans. Most football fans are normally reasonable people, but when you talk to them about their own football team they behave like small children, unable to follow simple reason or logic. So I can make money betting against them - my edge is I'm not blinded by a tribal following of a football club. So mysterious, I challenge you. Back your idiotic (only in my humble opinion) ideas with cash. And if you aren't prepared to....well then stfu, and stop wasting peoples time. Humans are stupid and confused enough without having to listen to your rubbish.

I'll bet you that gold is going multiply in value at least 50x in 5 years, our money will become useless paper.
    I'll place the bet in cash of €100 at odds of 100/1, but want payment in GOLD at the rate it is trading at, at the moment of placing bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

uprising2 wrote: »
    I'll bet you that gold is going multiply in value at least 50x in 5 years, our money will become useless paper.
    I'll place the bet in cash of €100 at odds of 100/1, but want payment in GOLD at the rate it is trading at, at the moment of placing bet.

Edit: Nevermind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I think utube may have done something to these videos to stop us from watching them , the audio is out of sync and they keep stopping and starting when you try to watch them :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3GM3CbFt1w

Hoagland has evidence that something is going to happen in 2012 , he shows it in these videos .

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

espinolman wrote: »
    I think utube may have done something to these videos to stop us from watching them , the audio is out of sync and they keep stopping and starting when you try to watch them :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3GM3CbFt1w

Hoagland has evidence that something is going to happen in 2012 , he shows it in these videos .

Your broadband speed could be slow, thats why it keeps stopping and starting.
    Press pause after the vid starts, and then play it after it fully loads.
    That should solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

uprising2 wrote: »

why not just buy €200 worth of gold now yourself? assuming there is no paper money in 5 years i would assume it's going to be a bit of a hassle to get payment from some randomer you struck a bet with on the internet 5 years beforehand. will the internet even exist in the same form?
    anyway, setting 100/1 odds for your own bet is pretty lol from a gambling point of view.

• Advertisement

RGDATA! wrote: »
    why not just buy €200 worth of gold now yourself? assuming there is no paper money in 5 years i would assume it's going to be a bit of a hassle to get payment from some randomer you struck a bet with on the internet 5 years beforehand. will the internet even exist in the same form?
    anyway, setting 100/1 odds for your own bet is pretty lol from a gambling point of view.
    Also good luck trying to buy solid gold bars.Its kinda hard to get a hold of them as the gold currencies aka promissary notes are more abundant than the actual gold in exstence.Most places online you try to buy gold from will only want to give you a reciept thanking you for your money.

RGDATA! wrote: »

Just 200, why not set himself up for life (the Mad MAx 2 wasteland that awaits us) and pump everything in, just like property it can only go one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Torakx wrote: »
    Also good luck trying to buy solid gold bars.Its kinda hard to get a hold of them as the gold currencies aka promissary notes are more abundant than the actual gold in exstence.Most places online you try to buy gold from will only want to give you a reciept thanking you for your money.

For small to medium sized investors the best way of buying actual gold is to buy bullion coins. Many mints such as the Perth mint or the Austrian mint produce pure gold coins annually for purchase. Buying gold is a good longterm investment and the coins add a bit of interest to collecting them as well. Buying gold isn't difficult like you make out.

Im glad to hear that.I would just then warn people not to accept anything other than actual gold in your hand.Btw is there anywhere in ireland that sells solid gold for cash?
    And does anyone know if it needs to be registered that yo have bought it?like name address or anything like that.

More on the 2012 scaring,a friend of mine said to me the other day."you know there are no rumours or anything of a new xbox,ps4,nintendo being in production for after 2012.Ussually you hear rumours of a new console a few years before they are manufactured.Just a thought lol.Do these big companies know something we dont? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Itall doesn't matter, 2012, will still decieve the world. People are not standing up. EGO is momentous now. The media, Conspiracy movement, this forum, T.V, the media, Education systems, New age movements are all controlled by the all seeing eye.

It sees all, but cannot hold feeling or the crown of this world. 2012 will be momentous for sure, but it will not last.

Which is a pity because it sounds like it could be fun.

mysterious wrote: »
    Itall doesn't matter, 2012, will still decieve the world. People are not standing up. EGO is momentous now. The media, Conspiracy movement, this forum, T.V, the media, Education systems, New age movements are all controlled by the all seeing eye.

It sees all, but cannot hold feeling or the crown of this world. 2012 will be momentous for sure, but it will not last.
    Well i like to hedge my bets :)
    I am open to the idea that a disaster could happen around that year or sometime after even in 2020 or so.
    Im also open to the idea there is an all seeing eye aka shadow government ruled by some higher entity.I just havent seen enough evidence to support it yet as a realistic situation.
    For what its worth,posting on this forum about a certain paradigm that totally contradicts most of what the majpority of people here believe will cause a knee jerk reaction such as you have experienced so far.
    Im sure you are genuine,but i have found that while the conscious mind is contemplating what you are saying the subconscious is the dominant one and its the subconscious that will decide if you are with it or against itwith relation to perspectives,beliefs and our reality as we have learned it.
    So to bring your paradigm or way of thinking better to the masses you need to imo be speaking to the unconscious mind more than the conscious.
    Obviously a tv helps massively but you can still do it with posts.
    Basically saying what you are saying while it may or may not be true in this reality will have the opposite effect you wish it to have because you are just putting it out there as appose to slipping it in the way we are all normally programmed via the tv and books.When the brain is in alpha wave mode its a semi trance state which kind of turns off the conscious mind and allows the unconscious to absorb information better.
    Its alot of waffle maybe for most what i just said.Its also true and effective when used properly.I guess for posting and putting a very different perspective across to people its very hard without a tv.You wouldneed to bore people witha long piece of text maybe and then excite them with pictures of somethign they can relate to but with smallpieces of information that correlates with your theory or beliefs.This is one of the few ways i could see you being able to "wake" people up to your line of thinking.
    Talking down to people will have the opposite effect and cause people to shy away from your ideas.Making me wonder are you trying on purpose to hide something within your posts (like aliens existence) and scare people off the scent or just accidently appearing to be doing so.
    I guess most people would see it that you are a bit crazy.I certainly dont!
    I find all people very interesting,as long as they are actually being themselves anyway hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

humanji wrote: »
    Which is a pity because it sounds like it could be fun.

Whats your definition of fun.:rolleyes:

mysterious wrote: »
    Whats your definition of fun.:rolleyes:
    Well what most people know is that nothing will happen. What you know is that loads of crazy stuff will happen. What you know will happen is a lot more interesting than what I know will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

humanji wrote: »
    Well what most people know is that nothing will happen. What you know is that loads of crazy stuff will happen. What you know will happen is a lot more interesting than what I know will happen.
    my head hurts reading that :D

Advertisement