Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 apocalypse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Pixel8 wrote: »
    What do you think that other 90% of your brain is really used for? And what exactly is Junk DNA? It's time to start asking these questions if you're still a skeptic...

1: It is a myth that humans only use 10% of our brains. In truth, we use every part of it, as can be visualized by using fMRI scans.

2: I think people are just going to keep throwing around the term "Junk DNA" here no matter how many times I try to explain it.

Simply put, you hear "Junk DNA" and think that "Hey my DNA isn't junk! It is special and magical and unique just like me" but the thing is, "Junk" is only just a name.

Junk DNA does not get transcribed into mRNA. mRNA is usually translated into proteins which then have a function in our body. This is why it's called junk DNA. However it does have certain functions in regulation of other genes and can act as sites for further genetic evolution. Many of the functions of Junk DNA are still not known.

So don't just assume that because it's called Junk DNA that we think it is useless. Just call it "Noncoding DNA" instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I bet they knew back in cavemen time what the appendix was for :( But they cant tell us now can they?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

caseyann wrote: »
    I bet they knew back in cavemen time what the appendix was for :( But they cant tell us now can they?:D

I bet they didn't know it even existed.

RoboClam wrote: »
    I bet they didn't know it even existed.

I bet they knew more than we did and used it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

RoboClam wrote: »
    1: It is a myth that humans only use 10% of our brains. In truth, we use every part of it, [/'quote] We don't Not even the half of it. The human brain is more capable of things you ever allow yourself to believe. But since your following a system of dis info (science) I'm not surprised by your findings.
    Simply put

So don't just assume that because it's called Junk DNA that we think it is useless. Just call it "Noncoding DNA" instead.

"Noncoding". Ha now that was funny. DNA that is there but as coding in non form. Oh dear lord. DNA is there because it was coded, but science just doesnt understand it thats all. Because the people who tampered our dan made sure you dont know :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

mysterious wrote: »
    science just doesnt understand it thats all.

No Mysterious, you clearly don't understand it.

What about your claim that we only use half our brains, when fMRI scans show that all of it lights up for different functions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

As I understand it was something to do with digesting grass which we no longer need to do, used in conjunction with the caecum?

DigiGal wrote: »
    As I understand it was something to do with digesting grass which we no longer need to do, used in conjunction with the caecum?

Apparently it is to help fight off infection and against radiation,and is more useful to a child and gets smaller when you get older.

Apparently it is to help fight off infection and against radiation,and is more useful to a child and gets smaller when you get older.
    ah I see, should we not need it more now. It might be there for when we travel through space to get away from whatever it is 2012 has instore??

As long as mine doesnt explode and kill me!!

ah I see, should we not need it more now. It might be there for when we travel through space to get away from whatever it is 2012 has instore??

As long as mine doesnt explode and kill me!!

Hahahahaha :D missed your humour DigiGal:D
    Didnt think of it,have you still got yours?i still got mine:p
    The fear of appendix burst is enough to give you ulcer:(

• Advertisement

I do but i'd rather not, best to get rid of it really. Every time i get a pain in my stomach I run around exclaiming that my appendix has burst but it never does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

yekahs wrote: »

What about your claim that we only use half our brains, when fMRI scans show that all of it lights up for different functions?

The only thing you need to understand is yourself, the rest is not your control or concern. Sicence is bull****. Because its all feeding and gaming. It's all conditioning to keep us one sided it and left brained. Keep it all logical etc. It's just rubbish and not fit for humanity

Since humanity are not robots. We have more parts of our brains, than just logic and been cot in the intellectualim of our society.

Science conditions the mind. This is putting the mind into a trapped bubble.

I do but i'd rather not, best to get rid of it really. Every time i get a pain in my stomach I run around exclaiming that my appendix has burst but it never does.

I heard a story once the the longer you keep your appendix the longer you look younger than your age :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Spirit of time

Mysterious you could not have put it any better

Put simply it is more a state of mind opposed to an actual physical event.

Follow up on Mayan culture as those guys knew the true state of time and space.

Those who control time and space control all of those minds who are not conscious to the fact!

So what day is it?

2012 is the height of cosmis energy consciousness bombarding our planet. THere is a lot of dis info on 2012. The powers that be are giving you two reality hypothesis doomsday and new age world order government.

This propaganda is just a distraction to what's really happening. We are asked to be aware of our fears and face them, and learn to be more self aware and responsible to the reality we are moving into. This shift is waking us all up. It's happening now and there is no one going to escape it.

The people who try to escape or self delude themselves into thinking nothing is happening or avoiding the real awareness and truth of who we are, will just be pushed off this planet through all the catylcisms. Through this global trauma people been suggestible to giving into all power factions that rule the planet. LIke 9/11. People were asleep to consciousness and this woke us up, but at the same time we are stil falling for the lies for the last 10 years. The majority of the people are so scared they would rather have their freedoms stripped and totally give themselves into the system of control rather than take full responsibility for thier own lives. Its' the fear of betrayal, mistrust, dis loyality and belittlement the populations of the world just don't want to face up too in our governments. The reality is, we are either going to face up to it, or we just fall behind.

2009 -2010 has already seen massive shifts. People will have kundalini awakenings also all the way to 2012. The people will find the shift hard to ignore. Many upheavals and past feelings will come up, because you have bottled them in or repressed them. This is the time to let them go the past once the healing takes place. The lies are coming out. The corruption is coming out. The darkness is coming out. The pimple has reached its swell and has bursted. 2012 is about mass awakening and change. The healing of this world is already happening. Things will get worse before it gets better and it will continue to be chaotic way up till 2012.

2012 is just very largely missunderstood.

We are becoming aware that we are creating reality and realising that we always were co creating this world. Since the power is now radically shifting from the illuiminati back to the masses. The illuminati continue to try hold as much grip over society as they can by creating tightened security and a big brother society whereby people are just droned by the system.

It's the end of the world as we know it, but there is no asteroid or planet slamming into our planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sicence is bull****.

Oh the irony.......if science is 'bull****' why do you continue to use a computer to post on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

humanji wrote: »
    How do you know that those things haven't been looked into and found wanting? They're random ideas with no real basis. The GCP is a study, not proof of anything.

Can't remember who discovered it but tests were done on how thought process works and they found that a spike appears up to 2 seconds before someone even thinks of moving their arm from when the brain thinks about moving it to when it actually physically moves. When the test was applied to hundreds of individuals at the same time there was a greater amount of time before the action happened, about 2 mins ahead of the action happening which could be detected with instruments. There are observable results in tests like these and although its all still fairly new, its leading to something like a convergence of spirituality and science, some say...
    You can cause things to happen in your own life by just positively thinking about them all the time, the more you positively think about something the more the steps involved in achieving your goal manifest themselves in your mind and you can then take each step at a time, keep thinking and the next step presents itself. The same way when you think negatively about something, you end up convincing yourself not to even bother taking the first steps to understand it coz it just looks like too many steps, too much hassle and you couldnt be arsed anyway and then you get stuck in a rut, you moan about the things that are wrong with everything and you never grow up coz you dont face your fears and learn from them... In other words, thought creates reality, just like they say in The Secret, think negative and negative things happen and vice versa. So, if you can get masses of people to think about the same thing then that can influence that thing coming into being, like always showing war and death on TV makes people accept the wars still going on in the world, all so the bankers can make more money. Obviously this is how the media and religion have brainwashed us all.

If we all think about an apocalyptic 2012 then thats what will happen in parts of the world, but its all because of negatively thinking about the doom and gloom. In order for the positive evolution scenario to happen in 2012 you will have to believe that 2012 is going to be a good change for the world enlightening everybody and upgrading our DNA, or some such thing. That band of particles from the centre of the galaxy, which makes up the spiral of the galaxy is heading towards us now and we're almost fully in it, Wilcock thinks that is the reason why all planets in the solar system are heating up, and he has images to prove it. This has to have some sort of effect on the human body and specifically on our DNA because DNA is a transmitter/receiver of information.

Humanji, im still researching those subjects i mentioned above so i can't really say much good or bad about them at this point, so much information and disinformation to keep us from looking into them in the first place...
    But one subject which does get bashed all the time by misinformed scientists is Astrology. My mother and uncle have both done this for over 25 years and up until i was about 18-20 i though it was all crap. Then my uncle read my chart properly and told me some very strange things about myself that he just couldn't have known, uncle or not, they were personal things about myself that nobody could know unless i specifically told them. I brought friends to have their charts done and sure enough things have all happened in our lives which he said would happen, he described my friends down to a tee and its all to do with planet gravities having a subtle influence on our bodies and minds swaying us more in different directions all the time according to their positions in the solar system, its actually fascinating stuff when you begin to see how the patterns in this data are matched to real life events. So sure enough i do believe more in it now than i did before and on looking into it further in terms of the elites and all that, most of them have their own personal astrologists to tell them when the best times are to do certain things, as J.P. Morgan said "Millionaires don't use Astrology, Billionaires do". All these elites are well aware of astrology, astronomy, numerology etc. the positions of the planets and all that, even the Vatican is interested in this stuff now.
    There is a lot more to all those things than we've been told to believe by the powers that be, why would elites have had us all educated to believe astrology and other similarly regarded subjects are worthless when there they are using them and benefiting from all this info themselves. That's how they remain in control, coz we still mostly think there's nothing to all this 'unscientific' information, stop believing what they told us before and research it all yourself. You'll be surprised at what you find when you get all the political science misinfo out of the way! :)

yekahs wrote: »

I agree with RoboClam about Junk DNA although i never said it was useless DNA, just DNA science hasn't figured out the function of yet. How would you say it gets its upgrades or gets activated?

With regard to your statement about it being a myth that we only use 10% of our brain, here's a good link explaining how misleading that is, maybe i should have said 10% of our brain functionality: http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/how.html
    Research Report
    Dormancy of the Human Brain
    Dormant Brain Research and Development Laboratory
    T.D.A. Lingo, Director

The human brain is only 10% functional, at best.
    The first to outline this theory, later proved a fact by others, was Australian Neurology Nobel Laureate Sir John Eccles. (Lecture: University of Colorado, University Memorial Center Boulder, July 31, 1974.) "The brain indicates its powers are endless."

In England, John Lorber did autopsies on hydrocephalics. This illness causes all but the 1/6th inch layer of brain tissue to be dissolved by acidic spinal fluid. He tested the IQ's of patients before and during the disease. His findings showed that IQ remained constant up to death. Although over 90% of brain tissue was destroyed by the disease, it had no impact on what we consider to be normal intelligence.

Russian neurosurgeon Alexandre Luria proved that the 1/3 bulk of frontal lobes are mostly dormant. He did this by performing ablation experiments on persons. He gave physiological and psychological tests before, cut out parts and whole frontal lobes, the re-tested after. His conclusion: removal of part or all of frontal lobes causes no major change in brain function, (some change in mood alteration). The frontal lobes are mostly dormant, asleep. (Luria, A.R. "Frontal Lobes and the Regulation of Behavior." In: K.H. Pribram and A.R. Luria, Editors, Psychophysiology of the Frontal Lobes. New York, and London, Academic Press, 1973)

Finally, the human brain contains 10 billion neurons, mostly in the outer layer of brain cortex. the function of these currently dominant cells is fairly clear. but the brain also contains 120 billion glial cells. Aside from some secondary nurturing of neurons, the primary function of the glia is not clear. What big bang mirical awaits mankind within these mysteries?

Today, most would agree without argument that the potential of the human brain is infinite. Thus, to state that a person uses 10%, 5%, or even 1% of their potential brain capacity (infinity) is overly generous.

The point is this: There is no dispute among honestly rational experts about the latent potential of the human think box. There is only friendly dispute about how much and what still awaits us, patiently to be self-discovered between each set of ears. Hence, the wisdom of intuitive folksay was correct: "The human brain is only 10% functional." John Eccles thinks that number is too high. "How can you calculate a percentage of infinity?"

fMRI scans show we use most sections of our brain but it doesn't show the density of that usage. For example, there are 3 main parts to the brain, the reptilian brain, the mammalian brain and the cerebral cortex, if you don't get enough oxygen into your brain, you might not be making much use of your higher brain or your cerebral cortex because oxygen first travels to the reptilian part, then the mammalian and then if theres any left the cerebral cortex. Smokers would be affected by this and ive seen people who lack in oxygen being more temperamental because of using their reptilian brain which has a more survival instinct, animalistic nature, act first think later attitude. That's why they say take a few breadths before lashing out at someone and you'll probably thank yourself later.
    I looked into this because i know a psychiatrist who uses a device which reads brain activity from the 3 different regions and graphs charts on a computer screen as to the percentage of use of each part as questions are being asked to the subject etc. in real time. The results were amazing and just go to show that oxygen is vital for your body and you're whole brain and without it, you're using even less of your brain than you thought, oxygen decides whether you'll be using more of your reptilian brain and less cerebral cortex to think and answer questions or more of your cerebral cortex and less of the reptilian brain.

Are you right brained or left brained?
    http://www.shamozzle.com/RightLeftBrainTest.html

Ever try drinking some <removed by mod>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

Can't remember who discovered it but tests were done on how thought process works and they found that a spike appears up to 2 seconds before someone even thinks of moving their arm from when the brain thinks about moving it to when it actually physically moves. When the test was applied to hundreds of individuals at the same time there was a greater amount of time before the action happened, about 2 mins ahead of the action happening which could be detected with instruments. There are observable results in tests like these and although its all still fairly new, its leading to something like a convergence of spirituality and science, some say...
    I think you misunderstood the results as an absence of free will would definitely not converge science and spirituality.
    You can cause things to happen in your own life by just positively thinking about them all the time, the more you positively think about something the more the steps involved in achieving your goal manifest themselves in your mind and you can then take each step at a time, keep thinking and the next step presents itself. The same way when you think negatively about something, you end up convincing yourself not to even bother taking the first steps to understand it coz it just looks like too many steps, too much hassle and you couldnt be arsed anyway and then you get stuck in a rut, you moan about the things that are wrong with everything and you never grow up coz you dont face your fears and learn from them... In other words, thought creates reality, just like they say in The Secret, think negative and negative things happen and vice versa. So, if you can get masses of people to think about the same thing then that can influence that thing coming into being, like always showing war and death on TV makes people accept the wars still going on in the world, all so the bankers can make more money. Obviously this is how the media and religion have brainwashed us all.

Thinking positively is harmful. Thinking balanced is beneficial. All books like the "secret" are complete bull**** preying on peoples insecurities. They give comfort to people by giving them back a sense of control in the short term but can become a mental burden in the long run. For example you lose your job. Was it because the company was failing? No it was because you weren't thinking positively enough. Your cancer returns. Was it bad luck? No it was because you weren't thinking positively etc etc. Corporations love those books because it shifts the blame of job losses from them to the employee. That in my opinion is sickening.
    Those books are promoted by the Media (Opera and the likes) quite aggressively btw.
    If we all think about an apocalyptic 2012 then thats what will happen in parts of the world, but its all because of negatively thinking about the doom and gloom. In order for the positive evolution scenario to happen in 2012 you will have to believe that 2012 is going to be a good change for the world enlightening everybody and upgrading our DNA, or some such thing. That band of particles from the centre of the galaxy, which makes up the spiral of the galaxy is heading towards us now and we're almost fully in it, Wilcock thinks that is the reason why all planets in the solar system are heating up, and he has images to prove it. This has to have some sort of effect on the human body and specifically on our DNA because DNA is a transmitter/receiver of information.

What on earth are you talking about?
    But one subject which does get bashed all the time by misinformed scientists is Astrology. My mother and uncle have both done this for over 25 years and up until i was about 18-20 i though it was all crap. Then my uncle read my chart properly and told me some very strange things about myself that he just couldn't have known, uncle or not, they were personal things about myself that nobody could know unless i specifically told them. I brought friends to have their charts done and sure enough things have all happened in our lives which he said would happen, he described my friends down to a tee and its all to do with planet gravities having a subtle influence on our bodies and minds swaying us more in different directions all the time according to their positions in the solar system, its actually fascinating stuff when you begin to see how the patterns in this data are matched to real life events. So sure enough i do believe more in it now than i did before and on looking into it further in terms of the elites and all that, most of them have their own personal astrologists to tell them when the best times are to do certain things, as J.P. Morgan said "Millionaires don't use Astrology, Billionaires do". All these elites are well aware of astrology, astronomy, numerology etc. the positions of the planets and all that, even the Vatican is interested in this stuff now.
    There is a lot more to all those things than we've been told to believe by the powers that be, why would elites have had us all educated to believe astrology and other similarly regarded subjects are worthless when there they are using them and benefiting from all this info themselves. That's how they remain in control, coz we still mostly think there's nothing to all this 'unscientific' information, stop believing what they told us before and research it all yourself. You'll be surprised at what you find when you get all the political science misinfo out of the way! :)

Astrology works because of a humans nature to have a bias towards supporting evidence and a tendency to ignore anything to the contrary. They also only use general statements. http://republicofawesome.com/nerdism/proof-astrology-bull****/. Just tell me one of these doesn't sound convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I can see it either which way...but I've still to figure out a way by which the shadow of her feet are correct for both.

• Advertisement

Mind****. How does that work? It changed direction when I blinked and my head almost exploded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Thanks for that link on left v right brain.That was pretty cool!
    I couldnt for the life of me turn it anti-clockwise even after looking at the bottom images.I kinda knew already i was left brain mostly,although i write and draw with my left hand i am mostly right hand and feet in sports etc.So im curious now whats the story there lol.
    Thanks for the inspiration anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Ever try drinking some <removed by mod>

Do not give people medical advice, even indirectly like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I am partially Psychic and dreamt about the tsunami before it happened on boxing day in 2004.I was dreaming about tidal waves for months previous to the disaster.Only thing was i was dreaming it was here.
    Foretold my friends car crash,only thing i didn't see was, i was in the car.
    Among many other things.

As for the 2012 apocalypse i am not sure,it is possible.But they do say it is a few disasters people can fortell, and then a change in the world.And they can be out on the full prophecy.

:D:D:DLol.

That is the maddest thing I've read on this forum yet.

Who's they the local psycatriac ward or something? What sort of a ststement is that? THEY???

You just make this stuff up as you go along don't you?

Sparticle wrote: »
    Astrology works because of a humans nature to have a bias towards supporting evidence and a tendency to ignore anything to the contrary. They also only use general statements. http://republicofawesome.com/nerdism/proof-astrology-bull****/. Just tell me one of these doesn't sound convincing.

What kind of a ridiculous link is that to post as proof or *evidence* of anything? thats just an opinion from another misinformed fool and his *scientific* test couldn't be more unscientific, a bit like Richard Dalkins trying to disprove Astrology in "Enemies Of Reason" by using tabloid horoscope charts as well and doing exactly what you tried to do, giving a scorpio a reading of a capricorn and pretending its the scorpio reading, i mean, what? That proves absolutely nothing except that you're idea and Richard Dalkins idea of Astrology is completely childishly formed.
    If you're gonna try and disprove it then do a proper experiment and get a proper full personal reading done according to your own personal chart, you'll need the date you were born, the time you were born (down to the minute) and the position on the planet where you were when you were born in order for it to be as accurate as possible, and then try prove that wrong.
    You and Dalkins seem to think that the 12 general zodiac sign readings that we see in the papers sum up Astrology, what a bunch of ignorance. Under each of the 12 signs you have hundreds of different types of capricorn, hundreds of different types of scorpio etc. etc. so to come to a conclusion about Astrology from 12 generalised readings that you see in the paper, im sorry but it doesn't get more unscientific than that.
    Some people can be sooooooo lazy in their research, i dunno...

I actually enjoyed Dalkins Root of All Evil but after that, he just turned into an absolute extremist with a huge chip on his shoulder.

What kind of a ridiculous link is that to post as proof or *evidence* of anything?

First of all I did not declare it as evidence that astrology was false I simply posed a question.
    thats just an opinion from another misinformed fool and his *scientific* test couldn't be more unscientific,

At no point in the article does he claim his test is scientific but he does urge you to read an actual scientific paper.

bit like Richard Dalkins trying to disprove Astrology in "Enemies Of Reason" by using tabloid horoscope charts as well and doing exactly what you tried to do, giving a scorpio a reading of a capricorn and pretending its the scorpio reading, i mean, what? That proves absolutely nothing except that you're idea and Richard Dalkins idea of Astrology is completely childishly formed.

That test is meant to show the Forer effect not disprove astrology(Despite what the guy in the link says, he seems like a bit of a douchebag TBH). That is the bias people have when it comes to how they see themselves and if it causes you to question astrology the so be it.
    I have no idea how a reading is formed, please share.
    If you're gonna try and disprove it then do a proper experiment and get a proper full personal reading done according to your own personal chart, you'll need the date you were born, the time you were born (down to the minute) and the position on the planet where you were when you were born in order for it to be as accurate as possible, and then try prove that wrong.

If I do and I say that it is wrong one million excuses would pop up probably ending in you saying that I am biased, that I am lying or that I didn't want it to work so it didn't work. Could you honestly say that you would change your mind based on my hypothetical experience. The burden of proof is on you not me.
    You and Dalkins seem to think that the 12 general zodiac sign readings that we see in the papers sum up Astrology, what a bunch of ignorance. Under each of the 12 signs you have hundreds of different types of capricorn, hundreds of different types of scorpio etc. etc. so to come to a conclusion about Astrology from 12 generalised readings that you see in the paper, im sorry but it doesn't get more unscientific than that.
    Some people can be sooooooo lazy in their research, i dunno...

I admit I didn't know about the subcategories but I really cannot take astrology seriously because it does not use the scientific method, peer review or any form of quality control for that matter. If an astrologer makes a prediction and it's wrong, do they review their methods. Nope. I really hope you realize the irony in using the term unscientific in an argument defending astrology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

Here is an interesting article and tie in with all the stuff of unified conciousness etc.

http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/black-box.html

<copy-pasted article replaced with link by bonkey.>

There's no need to copy the content...and you should always include a link to where you sourced it from>

Chriskavo wrote: »
    Here is an interesting article and tie in with all the stuff of unified conciousness etc.

http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/black-box.html

Great link, thanks for that!
    'We're taught to be individualistic monsters,' he says. 'We're driven by society to separate ourselves from each other. That's not right. We may be connected together far more intimately than we realise.'

Sparticle wrote: »
    If I do and I say that it is wrong one million excuses would pop up probably ending in you saying that I am biased, that I am lying or that I didn't want it to work so it didn't work. Could you honestly say that you would change your mind based on my hypothetical experience. The burden of proof is on you not me.

If if if... if you just stop talking about it and prejudging it and just go get it done properly, then comment on it, i'll believe whatever you say. Skeptics have a tendency to talk and debate things til the cows come home when all they have to do is get off their asses and try it for themselves but their negativity just won't bring them around to even giving it a go... Less talk, more action is whats needed. Its all based on fear, are you afraid there could be some truth to all this and life could somehow be predestined to an extent? Or are you afraid your mates might call you names if you don't conform to their beliefs? lol
    All Astrologers have different levels of knowledge about the subject, same as any other profession. Go to someone who has done it for at least 25 years with your date, exact time of birth and place of birth. They should be able to describe about 85-90% of your personality and attitude towards life and when major changes have happened and will happen in your life such as marriage, babies, career changes, relationships, deaths etc.
    I admit I didn't know about the subcategories but I really cannot take astrology seriously because it does not use the scientific method, peer review or any form of quality control for that matter. If an astrologer makes a prediction and it's wrong, do they review their methods. Nope. I really hope you realize the irony in using the term unscientific in an argument defending astrology.

They use the positions of the planets in our solar system relative to earths position and the suns position, can't get more scientific than that... There are records of all the planet positions for 6000 years in a book called an Ephemeris which Astrologers use to calculate effects on your chart.

Astrology Ephemeris for 6000 years:
    http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

I know a lot of people are still skeptical of Astrology but there is definitely something to it. We might not be able to describe what the exact relationship is between us and the planets scientifically yet, but we will. The planets are not there for us just to look at, they obviously support some function which we still know nothing about. All in good time...

The people who say there is no effect from planet gravities on humans on Earth are forgetting what happens when you throw a pebble into a pond, how far do the ripples go? How far would the ripples go if it was a massive stone you threw into the pond? Well, planets are massive so why can't they have an effect on our little planet? Everything affects everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

If if if... if you just stop talking about it and prejudging it and just go get it done properly, then comment on it, i'll believe whatever you say. Skeptics have a tendency to talk and debate things til the cows come home when all they have to do is get off their asses and try it for themselves but their negativity just won't bring them around to even giving it a go... Less talk, more action is whats needed.
    Good point ! Here is a good clip to add to it... about 3:30 in

Advertisement