Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 apocalypse

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Di0genes wrote: »
    You mean the way the cameraman was suspended and the channel investigated the incident?

I'd dearly love for the Alex Jones and Coast to Coast types to have this degree of accountability for their behaviour.

Yeah :rolleyes:

AFTER the Mediawatch programmed was aired:D

That is par for the course behaviour for media hacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

Nick Dolan wrote: »
    I just wanted to know what was the story here, i didnt want to come barging in here roaring "its all rubbish! " and have everyone turn around and say "jaysus ,relax its only a bit of fun". But if its a case that people are deliberatly trying to convince others that a diaster will occur in 2012, well I have a problem with that. The disaster stuff is a mishmash of bad science and fuzzy logic and easily demonstrated to be false . I dont want to seem like im trying to stifle or shout anyone down but just add my voice to the mix (Must stop consulting bad metaphor book).And id better watch that video actually...

Dr Rick Strassman, a US professor of psychiatry has discovered that DMT ( or the '(Spirit Molecule') is also produced by the pineal gland during times of extreme physical or psychological trauma or at a significant moments such as birth or death, and that it can result in people having mystical episode or out-of-body experiences, where consciousness appears to detach from physicality. Strassman and other speculators believe that a huge rush of DMT production in our pineal glands could be stimulated across the entire global population in response to a cosmological energy spike, solar EMP or geomagnetic polarity shift, perhaps resulting in a mass out-of-body experience that affects the entire population of Earth.

The 2012 prophecies are unusually cross-referenced by many sources, ancient and modern, and seem to represent an important upwelling from the collective psyche, stimulating an awareness of imminent change. Cosmic forces and alignments may be the bringers of that change, but, whether metaphor or reality, the simple self-reflection that knowledge of the prophecies is inspiring in itself may contribute to an important development stage for humanity. Any road to higher consciousness may be something to be fought in the eyes of a ruling elite. Its fear of losing the control and privileges maintained for so long might well be the driving force behind the erosion of liberty and programme of suppression that many believe is in place. If 2012 does bring huge events, conscious knowledge in the run up wil surely help us; if it ultimately disappoints, the speculation will still have awoken many up to wanting to improve the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

digme wrote: »
    Why is higher more spiritual?
    :p

It's just the way it is. Want me to find an article on it ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Nick Dolan

Chriskavo wrote: »
    The 2012 prophecies are unusually cross-referenced by many sources, ancient and modern, and seem to represent an important upwelling from the collective psyche, stimulating an awareness of imminent change.

Nope the 2012 theories were founded on the mistaken belief that the Mayans predicted the end of the world and not just an arbitary calender cycle. And once the millenium passed off apocalyse free, some people went scurrying to find the next Big Date. Even leaving aside the weirder theories i still dont buy the mass collective consciousness stuff, it seems to vague and new age to me.

Nope the 2012 theories were founded on the mistaken belief that the Mayans predicted the end of the world and not just an arbitary calender cycle. And once the millenium passed off apocalyse free, some people went scurrying to find the next Big Date. Even leaving aside the weirder theories i still dont buy the mass collective consciousness stuff, it seems to vague and new age to me.

I have not mentioned Mayans or an apocalypse. Have you read my post in it's entirety?

• Advertisement

Chriskavo wrote: »
    The 2012 prophecies are unusually cross-referenced by many sources, ancient and modern

what other ancient sources are you talking aboit. 2012 hinges on the Mayan calendar its the hook that people hang their theories on

what other ancient sources are you talking aboit. 2012 hinges on the Mayan calendar its the hook that people hang their theories on

The Mayan - I agree with you is the most predominant but important elements from the same cycle can be found as a prominent part of the King Wen sequence in the I Ching, or 'Book of Changes', the Chinese divinatory cycle. The Aztecs would be another example as well as the Peruvian Incas who predict that the ' pachakuti' or 'turning over' of the world and time would occur in 2012.

Nick, is this a wind up ? ya'd think ya'd research a bit before ya dive in here... :rolleyes:

Nick, is this a wind up ? ya'd think ya'd research a bit before ya dive in here... :rolleyes:

Thanks Talkie- I take it that Nick knows a lot more than he is letting on-at least I hope so!!

You see the problem with cycles is that they come and go and are no more significant than a cars odometer clicking round. And you guys arent making it any easier, fillings people heads with twisted terrible theories of ...er.....were all gonna feel better after 2012 . Kind of hard to get all steamed up and angry about that. Oh look! a homeopath aselep in the corner! Im off to poke him with a metre stck.....:D

• Advertisement

Cheeky! Nope it aint a wind up and whats this about research

You see the problem with cycles is that they come and go and are no more significant than a cars odometer clicking round. And you guys arent making it any easier, fillings people heads with twisted terrible theories of ...er.....were all gonna feel better after 2012 . Kind of hard to get all steamed up and angry about that. Oh look! a homeopath aselep in the corner! Im off to poke him with a metre stck.....:D

I'm not twisting anyones head with terrible theories or high hopes. It fascinates me like many others that many ancient cultures hold this year in high importance. Maybe it is our own arrogance and obsession with self that has allowed us to ignore what our ancient brothers and sisters are trying to tell us.What is so terrible about the possibility of attaining higher consciousness !?- Christ we need it!! I'm not claiming anything re: my earlier post and "If 2012 does bring huge events, conscious knowledge in the run up wil surely help us; if it ultimately disappoints, the speculation will still have awoken many up to wanting to improve the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭OVERTONE69

It's the same story different day mate. I've pretty much heard it all at this point.

Somewhere along the line rumor and fact collided.
    Some say warts poles will switch and will cause our heads to explode or the earth to spin being covered with
    our own oceans.

Some say aliens are coming back to pick us up and save us from aliens who are gonne make us slaves.

One girl was determined we were going to the center of our galaxy ( if we were we'd be long dead. It's just a cluster of stars)

it all stems from one true thing that's happening. The Mayan calender is going to start a new cycle. And not end as sone people have said.

The whole 2012 thing started with that and has sine been riddled with ignorance studipity and Hollywood.

The fact to think that were smart enough to predict when were gonne die is proof enough of how stupid it has gotten.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is the amount of suicides. But hey, a few less stupid people to hold the world back.

One last thing. And I'm pretty sure my
    numbers are wrong, but u think the year in Mayan roughly translates to

and in 2012 it will become

Nope. Here it is. Down at the 2012 bit.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar?wasRedirected=true
    So that's probably
    where the genius got the idea the worlds gonna go to he'll. In my opinions, it's already there.

that last nonsensical post of mine was meant in jest , maybe that didnt come through properly. Humour People! If all youre trying to put out there is that 2012 will see some spiritual thing as opposed to the doomsday stuff, no one can say your doing harm. I dont believe a word of it myself, but there ya go.

that last nonsensical post of mine was meant in jest , maybe that didnt come through properly. Humour People! If all youre trying to put out there is that 2012 will see some spiritual thing as opposed to the doomsday stuff, no one can say your doing harm. I dont believe a word of it myself, but there ya go.

Nick - I kinda knew you had your tongue firmly in your cheek. Check this vid out.

Thought you were gonna watch that vid Nick ? :D

Indeed i did i got side tracked by stephen seagal (long story) . Its all bunk i reckon . You can go back to any year in history and find a disaster. The mayans started their calender and on round just falls on 2012. and the stuff of mass consciousness awakening and all is doublespeak. and my favourite doublespeak word is Energy which can be twisted and used to fit any purpose

Indeed i did i got side tracked by stephen seagal (long story) . Its all bunk i reckon . You can go back to any year in history and find a disaster. The mayans started their calender and on round just falls on 2012. and the stuff of mass consciousness awakening and all is doublespeak. and my favourite doublespeak word is Energy which can be twisted and used to fit any purpose

Perhaps but wouldn't it be wonderful if our species found itself with enhanced transcendental faculties that remain active, the wilder visions settling down into a new sense of telepathic intuition and communalism. Perhaps, in such a new awakened world, those of the old control agendas find themselves marginalized and left behind by a civilization liberated from shackles that no longer work in an altered context-which may be their greatest fear. A whole new evolutionary adventure may then present itself.

Mr Ickes stuff there is pure pseudoscience. Throwing in words like vibration and frequency and the like. The analogy of a radio is just that, an analogy and he picks it up and runs with it turning humans into recievers.

• Advertisement

Mr Ickes stuff there is pure pseudoscience. Throwing in words like vibration and frequency and the like. The analogy of a radio is just that, an analogy and he picks it up and runs with it turning humans into recievers.

That is precisely what we are - receivers and transmitters of information. In a crude sense we are radios- literally! Thats why we need to get out of AM and on to FM... in fact we need to get on to the even higher plateau of digital lol!!

Michio kaku said it too, one of the smartest minds of our time.

Another clip you didn't watch ?

I watched it all right. Its still pseudo science, waffling on about vibrations and the stadium of manipulation and all that. He takes the notion of radio signals and applies it to people and everyone is supposed to go "yes thats how radio waves / quantum physic / my toaster works, so it must be true" .

Example :
    This universe we call our reality (refered to as our horizon universe) resonants to a fundemental carrier signal , but most of this signals energy is contained in the side bands frequencies, each specified by an individuals Pass Band Characteristic. However, this energy transference is proportionally tiny and easily blocked by oscillations in three dimensional timespace produced by counter swaying mechanisms of other biological intermediates. These oscillations cause standing waves in the side band effectively nulling the horizon universes carrier signal, unnoticeable only because of there restricted wave domain

English:
    Dogs wagging their tails destroy the universe

Thats how easy it is to make genuine science say anything you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

Im going to say that for the last 2 years and even up until 2012

The Media is going full force on talking about it even worse then the millenium bug.

There is something going on I'll admit that but what that something is

well were all going to just have to wait and find out.....

cause were not in control are we....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

cable842 wrote: »
    he Media is going full force on talking about it even worse then the millenium bug.

No they're not. Theres the odd mention of it, commenting on how ridiculous it is, but its not scare mongering. You'll find that comes from the CT camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

Im taking about 2012 the cereal 2012 the new Batman movie 2012 the the end of the world or something more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Im taking about 2012 the cereal 2012 the new Batman movie 2012 the the end of the world or something more.

huh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

So a Batman movie is a sign of the apocalypse?

Were you even around for Y2K? It was on the cover of freaking magazines.

As to Roland Emmerich. He told you aliens were going to blow up the whitehouse, an event I distinctly recall didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

So when did people on here first hear about this whole 2012 stuff? Around the same time as the movie? or shortly beforehand?

Will we notice anything different on Dec 22 2012? Or will we just "feel" different?

• Advertisement

I read 'fingerprints of the gods' when i was maybe 16..(14 years ago)..and, to be honest, i have been wary of the 2012 thing since..all i have seen since could be percieved as a progression towards it,..

One image i've seen recently kind of points toward a singularity..when information is available instantaniously..(i should probably point out now that i could probably be considered a buddhist..i kind of think the eastern philosophies and modern physics are coming together to the same conclusions..i am firmly of the belief that the collective conciousness exists..i think that conciousness is probably multi dimensional..chaos theory is pretty much the mathematics behind the universe..on a sub atomic level all matter is just a combination of different quarks, which may be just different vibrational frequencies of minute strings..if you look close enough there's no difference between you and the chair you're sitting on..the universe is just a massive energy dance..)

Anyway, here's that image..
    (its the bottom one..)

Advertisement