Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 abregy

Never seen snow like it here in Cavan and it's still lashing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Pangea wrote: »
    You can congratulate me when i get snow ,Not counting my chickens yet :cool:

Hi pang! Guess u r getting what I am getting. Just rain. No sleet even. Ain't going to hold my breath. Though have to admit forecast is impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Su Campu wrote: »
    Well it's sleeting and wet-snowing below the 200m I predicted, but I don't see any sign of the disruption that was forecast? Maybe from flooding and high winds (ferries cancelled) but I haven't heard of any problems on the roads at low levels in the Republic (yes roads in Donegal, Wicklow, etc,) but at sea level? I've just driven from Tallaght (105m - sleet) to Naas (100m - rain). The majority of the ME stations around the country are reporting rain or sleet, so it's still not the winter whiteout. But there is still time later

Sorry Campu I,m afraid you are wrong. I Drive for a living and today is the first time all winter i had to stop conditions here a serious some minor roads are a no go.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

well its snowing heavily here in Longford, 80m ASL

and its sticking, i might also add :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    You can congratulate me when i get snow ,Not counting my chickens yet :cool:

i'm just trying to jinx it for you:p. ah no hopefully you'll get snowed in. make sure you take some pictures if the snow does come!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

137 (41 members & 96 guests) Moderators : 2

nacho libre, hawkwing, Peterx, average_runner, atgate, munsterlegend, Gonzo, maquiladora, whitemocha, hotwhiskey, gothwalk, thecretinhop, irish1967, t|nt|n, forkassed, Daemonic, Downtime, splish, davehey79, Stevek101, Sierra Oscar, Washout, mwrf, cherryghost, abregy, hellboy99, alfaz, Griff77, lawhec, Weathercheck, weather, glossy, jon burrows, cdev, Min, WolfeIRE+, joe316, Fionagus, wingnut32, Vain, pauldry

who would have thunk it at the end of March:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

137 (41 members & 96 guests) Moderators : 2

nacho libre, hawkwing, Peterx, average_runner, atgate, munsterlegend, Gonzo, maquiladora, whitemocha, hotwhiskey, gothwalk, thecretinhop, irish1967, t|nt|n, forkassed, Daemonic, Downtime, splish, davehey79, Stevek101, Sierra Oscar, Washout, mwrf, cherryghost, abregy, hellboy99, alfaz, Griff77, lawhec, Weathercheck, weather, glossy, jon burrows, cdev, Min, WolfeIRE+, joe316, Fionagus, wingnut32, Vain, pauldry

who would have thunk it at the end of March:eek:

Has WolfeIRE gone the way of Nurofen and added a + ??? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Has WolfeIRE gone the way of Nurofen and added a + ??? lol
    Don't know what that means. Certainly not an indication of my academic ability anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Sorry Campu I,m afraid you are wrong. I Drive for a living and today is the first time all winter i had to stop conditions here a serious some minor roads are a no go.

Fair enough, if that's at low levels then I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

well its snowing heavily here in Longford, 80m ASL

and its sticking, i might also add :)

what part of Longford ya in Cherryghost no sign of it here in town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

main band starting to edge down...notice the last radar image compared to the second last:
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Rain/Snow beginning to move back south as the low moves out to sea..

An interesting evening coming up:)

p1269956351.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

It has just started raining heavily here in Limerick.

You are being quite ignorant here to be honest.

Nobody really expected appreciable snowfall at low levels through this morning and afternoon and you know this by looking at the charts.

I was only repsonding to Darkman's reply which he directed at me regarding getting snow with -4°C 850s. I then finished my reply by acknowledging that it was still early days. If that's ignorant to you then sorry, wasn't supposed to be. I've already admitted this morning that I underestimated things, what more do you want?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

ellieh1 wrote: »
    It has just started raining heavily here in Limerick.

nothing new there then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Tis 4c here and bit of rain the wind is starting to intensify.

Fair play to all of you in the line of snow fire... lucky feckers!!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Ugh nooo ... Were going to miss out again how are we going to get snowif it heads south... ( back into depressing mode!)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I was only repsonding to Darkman's reply which he directed at me regarding getting snow with -4°C 850s. I then finished my reply by acknowledging that it was still early days. If that's ignorant to you then sorry, wasn't supposed to be. I've already admitted this morning that I underestimated things, what more do you want?!

No criticism from me anyway. I think anybody who sticks there neck out with regard to weather forecasting should not be criticised (especially amateurs). Models and models and that's all.

Btw, temps starting to fall back a little here now. 2.5c DP 2.1c atm. Sleet interspersed with bursts of wet snow.

Su Campu & Darkman,

Differing interpretations of what is going to happen make it all the more interesting for us of little meterelogical knowledge here - I'm sure the Eagle and Jean Byrne have big arguments about what is coming. Fair play to both of you - whoever is sometimes right or wrong - keep up the good work. :)

snow ghost wrote: »
    Su Campu & Darkman,

Differing interpretations of what is going to happen make it all the more interesting for us of little meterelogical knowledge here - I'm sure the Eagle and Jean Byrne have big arguments about what is coming. Fair play to both of you - whoever is sometimes right or wrong - keep up the good work. :)

who could disagree with Jean Byrne in one of her shiny dresses?

• Advertisement

on your knees and repent to the weather gods!

who could disagree with Jean Byrne in one of her shiny dresses?

Paul Cunnigham in his hat?

I bet Gerry Murphy is insanely jealous of jean's dresses and he dresses up in similar ones at home as he practises his forecasts in the mirror...muttering to himself "I'll show you Jeanie - in your shiny bloody dresses" :pac:

on your knees and repent to the weather gods!

I is doin it, but they's wantin more than repentin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

The action is moving south alright
    109194.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Still mildish down here, temp just dropped from 8c to 6c during a squally shower. Wind making it feel a lot colder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Snowing in Dublin! Not sticking though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

snowing very heavy now in monaghan town beginning to stick to road grass houses etc already well covered already several accidents around town roads very bad take your time if you intend travelling through co.monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭Speak Now

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Snowing in Dublin! Not sticking though :(

Good sign though, wait for nightfall. Couple of degrees lower will make the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I is doin it, but they's wantin more than repentin!

How about public execution? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

The WHOLE of Northern Ireland is now covered by the red extreme warning :eek::eek::eek::eek: - Severe Blizzards, Severe Drifting Snow & Very Heavy Snowfall

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement