Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Lovely big flakes in D15 now.

Gotta wonder how much snow there'd be on the ground by now if it was actually sticking. It's been non-stop all day.

Saw a car coming in from 'somewhere' else that had quite a lot of snow packed onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

snow ghost wrote: »
    Paul Cunnigham in his hat?

I bet Gerry Murphy is insanely jealous of jean's dresses and he dresses up in similar ones at home as he practises his forecasts in the mirror...muttering to himself "I'll show you Jeanie - in your shiny bloody dresses" :pac:

Now that would be a site to behold! :D
    Can you just imagine being whipped by Jean though, I can..:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    The action is moving south alright
    109194.gif
    IT'S gonna miss me!!! And there's no way it's gonna settle.. What's my chance if lying snow in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

How about public execution? :pac:

CRUCIFY HIM! CRICIFY HIM! He hath betrayed us the traitor!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Jesus DE! she has big arms she would batter ye, there would be welts on your arsen! dare i hope that push south of weather may clip us yet?

• Advertisement

snowjon wrote: »
    The WHOLE of Northern Ireland is now covered by the red extreme warning :eek::eek::eek::eek: - Severe Blizzards, Severe Drifting Snow & Very Heavy Snowfall

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html

Seems a bit full on Jon. Wouldn't 'severe blizzards' equate to severe drifting and heavy snowfall rather than them being 3 separate entities?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snow here in Dublin 4 at the moment.

owenc wrote: »
    IT'S gonna miss me!!! And there's no way it's gonna settle.. What's my chance if lying snow in the morning?

In Coleraine - about as much chance as Brian Cowen being re-elected! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The WHOLE of Northern Ireland is now covered by the red extreme warning :eek::eek::eek::eek: - Severe Blizzards, Severe Drifting Snow & Very Heavy Snowfall

Never seen anything like that before for all of NI. Looks like they are in for an absolute pasting. Roads will be an absolute nightmare. Hope people know about the warnings and avoid travel later.

Worth remembering that just because the warnings stop on the border on the map, it doesn't mean the weather above will stop at the border too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The end is nigh:eek::D:D:D

• Advertisement

Jesus DE! she has big arms she would batter ye, there would be welts on your arsen!?

OH YES! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Worth remembering that just because the warnings stop on the border on the map, it doesn't mean the weather above will stop at the border too!

:rolleyes: Who would think that?

xabi wrote: »

He's just making a point. :)

OH YES! :D

Just make sure it is actually Jean doing the spanking Deep and not Gerry in drag. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Never seen anything like that before for all of NI. Looks like they are in for an absolute pasting. Roads will be an absolute nightmare. Hope people know about the warnings and avoid travel later.

true, but the worst of it will be in NI and Scotland. the snow on the mountains in Scotland will last well into May at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snow getting much heavier now starting to stick on cars Newcastle Co Dublin

The end is nigh:eek::D:D:D

I think you should start a new thread titled "THE END IS NIGH!" weathercheck - if only to put the wind up those who come here blaming people interested in the weather for the weather. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

The more inland areas of Dublin will have more precipitation in the next hour or so...coastal dublin is in the 'eye'...this will change as the low shifts to the E

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You can really see the systems core becoming defined in the latest radar pics. precip has now past here to the west but should begin to push back in later this evening/tonight.

http://met.ie/weathermaps/radar/WEB_radar_201003301100.gif

snow ghost wrote: »
    Just make sure it is actually Jean doing the spanking Deep and not Gerry in drag. :eek:

Either/Or...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow has just started to intensify here oer past 10 minutes! looks like its about to move southwards again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

xabi wrote: »

Because reading the current forecast & warnings on Met Eireann's site gives a tamer, less severe outlook to what the UKMO is now saying. The weather in Cavan for example will probably be very similar to Fermanagh, but the severity of what to expect is different depending on whether you read the forecast from Met Eireann or the UKMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

no snow in kk atm, there was some lying on hills this morning ( not very high hills - but not much snow) it was melted by lunch time. Awful lot of rain and wind though, rivers very high and branches down . . .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

You can really see the systems core becoming defined in the latest radar pics. precip has now past here to the west but should begin to push back in later this evening/tonight.

http://met.ie/weathermaps/radar/WEB_radar_201003301100.gif

Amazing system! Looking across the water, 13c at Manchester AP atm. For once, we're on the right side! :)

2.4c DP 1.9c here now. Sleet has turned to snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I KNEW those skis would come in handy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Windy sunny day over here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

irish1967 wrote: »
    Hi pang! Guess u r getting what I am getting. Just rain. No sleet even. Ain't going to hold my breath. Though have to admit forecast is impressive.
    Yeah I dont think we are going to get much snow , too far west, i think u might be the cut off point, raining away here.
    i'm just trying to jinx it for you:p. ah no hopefully you'll get snowed in. make sure you take some pictures if the snow does come!.
    you already have :mad:

However i head there was bad snow in Letterkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Kilkennyweather.com

Temp 4.9
    DP 1.7

Wind chill : -7.1!!!

I don't know how wind chilll is measured but thats freezing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

LookingFor wrote: »
    Lovely big flakes in D15 now.

Gotta wonder how much snow there'd be on the ground by now if it was actually sticking. It's been non-stop all day.

Saw a car coming in from 'somewhere' else that had quite a lot of snow packed onto it.

was thinking the same, easy a foot or so..

anyhow looks like its sticking to the grass now ...

• Advertisement

Pressure seems to have bottomed out here in the west at least. 987.3mb, should start rising from here on in. Getting the occasional gust of 30mph+ although mean windspeed is steady on 15mph NNW. Temp rising a little believe it or not on 4.8c with just some spits of light rain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement