Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe winter storm- Severe Blizzards and Heavy Snow this evening/night - Take Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Yeah I dont think we are going to get much snow , too far west, i think u might be the cut off point, raining away here.

you already have :mad:

However i head there was bad snow in Letterkenny.

well i'm not getting any either :( my weather incantation has not worked this time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really heavy snow here in ballymount dunno if its sticking though least hope not as i have to head home in an hour ha :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

just looked at Ireland weather .com, crazy for this time of year

Dublin airport, 1 degree snowing

Casement, 1 degree snowing

Mullingar 0 degrees snowing

Ballyhaise 0 degrees snowing

Killucan 0.4 degrees snowing

And its the middle of the afternoon on the 30th march!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

3.8C/1.3C here and drizzlin away. Lowest pressure reading here since Novemeber as well at 978.9mb

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

trogdor wrote: »
    3.8C/1.3C here and drizzlin away. Lowest pressure reading here since Novemeber as well at 978.9mb

We are quite close to the centre of this thing now. Things have brightened up alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Am i right in saying the west wont get much as its sort of circling around north/east?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

well its been snowing here for the past 40minutes light on its own really heavy in the gusty winds... weird! not lying.. thats the worrying thing!

can you imagine the day you'd experience if you had to drive from Dingle up to Fermanagh today. i'm sure there is someone doing that today.

owenc wrote: »
    well its been snowing here for the past 40minutes light on its own really heavy in the gusty winds... weird! not lying.. thats the worrying thing!

suddenly everything seems right with the world:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

We are quite close to the centre of this thing now. Things have brightened up alot.

Indeed, the barometer doesn't know what to make of it:p swinging quite fast up and down between 978.9mb to 979.4mb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Mean wind speeds beginning to pick up a little around the country:

Malin Head: 40 Knots: (BF 8)
    Roaches Point: 35 Knots: (BF 8)
    Belmullet: 28 Knots: (BF 7)
    Shannon Apt: 22 Knots: (BF 6)

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Up here by Newbliss, Co Monaghan it hasn't stopped snowing at all today. I don't think I've ever seen such persistent snowfall :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

woke up today at 6.30 and I was surprised to look out the window and find snow all over the place,but since then its not sticking just blizzard.
    this is in sandyford/stepaside

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

back to the small sleety type snow.. tbh i dont think it will have properly turned to snow till the colder dps have came... and they arnt to come to dinner according to weather woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Don't think it's gonna make it this far west. Still raining grey and miserable. 27 hours of spitting rain. Ah well. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

8.5 degrees in waterford city? snow shield :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I love owens posts, he reminds me of a hamster on a wheel, im sure you will be lucky tonight:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Lads are we still on track for this to intensify through the evening/night or has the worst passed?

Rain is becoming a little heavier here now. Yay!

Edit, pressure starting to rise, rapidly. 987.6mb currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Temp dropping fast out in Kildare

OutsideTempHistory.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Hi all

Congratulations to ye that have the glorious white stuff falling from the sky!! :D

Quick question, is there any chance that there is thunder in the air at the moment?? over north Leitrim specifically?

No snow, just rain here. It tried to sleet earlier but merely padded out a couple of raindrops ;)

esk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

just looked at Ireland weather .com, crazy for this time of year

The Donegal Postman reported on Highland Radio this morning that he saw a fox get married to a badger on Mount Errigal last night. He said that's either a sign of snow on the way...or that Head Shops in Donegal are deadly bud!!!!!

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    The Donegal Postman reported on Highland Radio this morning that he saw a fox get married to a badger on Mount Errigal last night. He said that's either a sign of snow on the way...or that Head Shops in Donegal are deadly bud!!!!!

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

davehey79 wrote: »
    what part of Longford ya in Cherryghost no sign of it here in town

just south of Killoe. about 5 miles from the town

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

also, the system seems to be pushing a little further west than previously thought, by the looks of things on the radar anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Temp 0.8

DP -0.3

Its dropping like a stone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Hi everyone,

Fermanagh still getting battered with high winds and blizzard like conditions.

Roads were rough getting home, and I've taken a few photos here:

YESTERDAY: (Posted earlier on the thread)
    snow.jpg

TODAY: (Taken at the same spot about 20 mins ago)
    snow1-1.jpg

Two more taken about 5 mins ago:
    snow2-1.jpg
    snow3-1.jpg
    the snow seems to have given the shed has a new colour!!

Will post here if there's any changes or if the storm/snow gets worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

also, the system seems to be pushing a little further west than previously thought, by the looks of things on the radar anyway :)
    i wish it would go back the way it came sick of the rain thought we were going to get a break from it today in gaalway

cold, heavy rain, in a stiff northerly breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its completely stopped here past 15 minutes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement