Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭bren2001

Anyone enlighten me on the turnaround time for the Passport Card, applied yesterday and wondering will I have it by Friday next week? I'm off to France then and ideally would use the card instead of the passport.

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Quick question about the passport card.

I've to renew my passport and going to send off for the 10-year 32-page passport.

Can I also send off for the passport card at the same time, or do I need to wait for 32-page passport to be received?

passport.ie states that you need a valid passport to apply for card so not sure if I've to get standard passport before applying for the card.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Cheers for that, Fred :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Can someone give me some advice. Passport renewal has been on stage 2 for over 14 working days have now also passed target date. I have been trying to contact the office by phone, no luck, by email, no luck and have tweeted them and direct mailed them and still no reply. Can I go into the office and collect my passport or am I wasting my time going in without some notice ? Only problem is I'm trying to give them notice but no one is replying and yes I'm traveling next Friday so panic is setting in. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Can someone give me some advice. Passport renewal has been on stage 2 for over 14 working days have now also passed target date. I have been trying to contact the office by phone, no luck, by email, no luck and have tweeted them and direct mailed them and still no reply. Can I go into the office and collect my passport or am I wasting my time going in without some notice ? Only problem is I'm trying to give them notice but no one is replying and yes I'm traveling next Friday so panic is setting in. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'd tweet them once more "help, flying next friday, passport at stage 2 for last 14 working days"
    It would seem the more panicky you sound the better response you get.
    And because Monday is a bank holiday, I'd be trying every day 2/3/4 times a day till you speak to someone. Keep trying the phone too.
    I don't think they'll see you if you just rock up to the counter.

Can someone give me some advice. Passport renewal has been on stage 2 for over 14 working days have now also passed target date. .

If it was a renewal you might get it soon.

I applied on the 13th of May and got mine today.

I'm not flying until August so was giving myself plenty of leeway but that wasn't a bad turn around.

A day spent tweeting ringing and on hold to no avail. Incredibly frustrating that they have been replying to other peoples tweets but not me. Will be quing at 8 o clock tomorrow morning what good it will do, I'm not sure. But I need to talk to someone in order to be able to make that flight next Friday. Really dissapointed with the service today, quite frankly a disgrace getting no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

It's been well publicised in the media that there's up to 10 weeks of a wait for passports at the moment. I'm sure they're not sitting there twiddling their thumbs!

• Advertisement

SarahS2013 wrote: »
    It's been well publicised in the media that there's up to 10 weeks of a wait for passports at the moment. I'm sure they're not sitting there twiddling their thumbs!

I completely get that, I am frustrated that whoever is operating twitter helped someone out who didn't know where abouts on her passport to look to find the expiry date. While I send countless tweets just looking for guidance on what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Make a passport appointment and go into them - https://www.passportappointments.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Applied for my passport card on Monday afternoon and it has been posted today :D.
    Very quick and efficient service regarding the passport card application.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

Hi there,
    My family and I, (parents+2 kids) applied for our passports beginning of May, yesterday they finally went to stage 3 and last night stage 5 but one them(one of the parent's ones) had stayed at stage 3, and this morning I noticed it had gone back to stage 2 ! .while the others were still on stage 5? Anyone know what could be going on? Please God it's just a small adjustment and it'll be at stage 5 with the others this week?

Could be a simple rescan of one of the documents or photograph, or an internal quality check. If that is the case it will be done the next day. Otherwise you will be contacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maria11

Hi, I sent my daughter's passport express application on the 6th of May and still waiting. She is travelling the 15th and I can't even sleep thinking she wont have her passport on time. Is there anyway I can go to the passport office and collect it? will I need to go with her and my husband? she is only 13. I tried to call them, email them twitter them but no answer or reply. I also tried to make an appointment but the next date available is the 15th of June so too late. Can you please advise of what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Malee wrote: »
    Could be a simple rescan of one of the documents or photograph, or an internal quality check. If that is the case it will be done the next day. Otherwise you will be contacted.

Hi Malee, thanks for reply, it must have been a rescan alright as it went back up to stage 3 yesterday so hopefully it ll fly along now, the others are still at stage 5 and one has been posted. Thank God!

maria11 wrote: »
    Hi, I sent my daughter's passport express application on the 6th of May and still waiting. She is travelling the 15th and I can't even sleep thinking she wont have her passport on time. Is there anyway I can go to the passport office and collect it? will I need to go with her and my husband? she is only 13. I tried to call them, email them twitter them but no answer or reply. I also tried to make an appointment but the next date available is the 15th of June so too late. Can you please advise of what to do?

Hi Maria, I finally got through this morning after calling the office at 9 o clock which is when the phone lines open so they actually place you on hold. Could be your best bet for tomorrow if no one contacts you today

Hi maria11, what stage is it at on the tracking? Ours were received by them on May 6th, stayed at stage two til May 30th(last monday) and now are all basically done and ready to be posted..so end stages are very quick it seems,hth..

Hi maria11, what stage is it at on the tracking? Ours were received by them on May 6th, stayed at stage two til May 30th(last monday) and now are all basically done and ready to be posted..so end stages are very quick it seems,hth..
    I sent it the 6th but register the 9th and stage two since I checked the first time, probably two weeks ago or longer. I would hate if she can't go , I am sending her on her own for the first time before we all go on holidays to my family in Spain and she is so exited about it. She already has her suitcase done:o

I sent it the 6th but register the 9th and stage two since I checked the first time, probably two weeks ago or longer. I would hate if she can't go , I am sending her on her own for the first time before we all go on holidays to my family in Spain and she is so exited about it. She already has her suitcase done:o
    Hi maria11, ours were on stage 2 for a little over two weeks also, we then sent them a private tweet asking them what was going on and they asked did we have proof of travel?..which we didnt because we were waiting for our passports but had our annual leave booked..anyway things really started moving then coincidence or not, i dunno?!..Why dont you private tweet them with proof of your daughter's flights and i would say they'll get it moving for you, they always responded to our tweets even if it took a day but sometimes alot quicker..

• Advertisement

Hi maria11, ours were on stage 2 for a little over two weeks also, we then sent them a private tweet asking them what was going on and they asked did we have proof of travel?..which we didnt because we were waiting for our passports but had our annual leave booked..anyway things really started moving then coincidence or not, i dunno?!..Why dont you private tweet them with proof of your daughter's flights and i would say they'll get it moving for you, they always responded to our tweets even if it took a day but sometimes alot quicker..
    Yes, I sent four private tweets but I didnt give much information, I just said it was urgent. I will send them one now and hopefully someone really nice reads me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Toodles_27 wrote: »
    Yes. Appointment only, you can arrange appointment on the Dfa passport website.

Thanks for the reply.Just for other people reading in on this thread it is not appointment only at the passport office.

I went to office and joined the Q at 8am. Opened at 9am and was seen and out by 9.45am. It may not be this way all the time as I was top of the Q but it's certainly not appointment only at the passport office.

And the people there could not have been more helpful

Thanks for the reply.Just for other people reading in on this thread it is not appointment only at the passport office.

I went to office and joined the Q at 8am. Opened at 9am and was seen and out by 9.45am. It may not be this way all the time as I was top of the Q but it's certainly not appointment only at the passport office.

And the people there could not have been more helpful
    Really!! thats very good news! thanks for the information Trollington. I am trying to make an appointment online an there is no way to get one on time. My girl's passport is processing now so, will they give it to me on the day? or will I have to comeback. Another question you may Know, do my husband and my daughter have to come with me? Is a renewal not a new passport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

athtrasna wrote: »
    Phone your local TD's office. They can fast track passports.

There used to be a counter in Molesworth Street where passports of certain politicians' constituents were ready for pickup.

That day is gone as is that dreadful building!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

Major dilemma here. I lost my passport on Thursday night and am due to fly to Oslo on Thursday this week, got all documentation from gardai signed etc and went to the passport office and they said I will have to get a rapid renewal passport but they cannot do anything until Monday.. I'm worried about the current circumstances that I may not get it, does anyone know anything about this service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Has anyone used the Rapid Renewal Appointments system? If I manage to snag a slot for Monday morning, what day/time will the passport be ready for (hoping to fly @ 6pm from Dublin)? Its a simple renewal (thought it expired 2018, actually 2016 - obviously need new glasses)....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emmamorris

I've submitted 3 passports, mine and my two sisters. I submitted them on the 18th of May 2016 and then because of minor issues they were sent back. We all got in a panic thinking we weren't going on the holiday but sent them off and thought we were okay. Two of the applications are now on stage 5/6 and are printed and ready to be sent off whilst the last one is still on stage 3/6 (where the three had failed the last time). Really starting to panic now as we're flying out on the morning of the 20th of June 2016. Anyone ever been in this situation? Has it definitely failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

emmamorris wrote: »
    I've submitted 3 passports, mine and my two sisters. I submitted them on the 18th of May 2016 and then because of minor issues they were sent back. We all got in a panic thinking we weren't going on the holiday but sent them off and thought we were okay. Two of the applications are now on stage 5/6 and are printed and ready to be sent off whilst the last one is still on stage 3/6 (where the three had failed the last time). Really starting to panic now as we're flying out on the morning of the 20th of June 2016. Anyone ever been in this situation? Has it definitely failed?

What did they fail them on the last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

emmamorris wrote: »

Direct message them on twitter the application number and your proof of travel (screenshot) they should be able to assist you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 emmamorris

Toodles_27 wrote: »
    What did they fail them on the last time?
    They all failed in the third stage when the applications were being checked. We left the applicant name off all 3 of them, stupid I know. Then the youngest one had a flower accessorie in her hair in the picture we sent off and apparently this isn't acceptable as it was classed as a head covering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement