Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

ok its my first time getting a passport, they recieved it on the 10th of may, it is currently on stage 2 and was last updated on the 20th so thats when i presume the passport entered stage 2.

target date is the 30th, this dosent seem right as it is meant to take 27 working days. Is this accurate and how long does stages 3-6 take?

Edit: And what are there working days (mon-fri)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,850 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

interesting article on the rush to get a passport .
    Backlog of passport applications sparks fears for fans heading to Euro 2016

Holidaymakers have been warned not to book flights unless their passports are up to date after the Passport Office admitted it was way behind in processing thousands of passport applications.

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has drafted in 227 temporary clerical workers to help clear 68,281 passport applications. There is currently a backlog of 13.5pc - 9,217 applications.
    It also confirmed to the Irish Independent that it had approved overtime at three offices - Mount Street and Balbriggan in Dublin and at the Cork Passport Office.

With Euro 2016 less than three weeks away, those fans hoping to witness Ireland take on Sweden at the Stade de France in Paris on June 13 have been told to submit their applications for a passport renewal in person rather than by post.<snip>
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2016/backlog-of-passport-applications-sparks-fears-for-fans-heading-to-euro-2016-34741098.html

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

Select the disabled option.

Pardon my ignorance but what photo do they use then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shaunao

Thanks again ^^
    I have an appointment in cork tomorrow. Dublin is fully booked out unfortunately.
    This seems like another stupid question I know .. but would a photocopy of my old passport or an older passport be valid ID? My age card hasn't arrived yet and apart from the lost passport that's all I have -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

hey, does anyone know the latest time passports can be issued at? Ran into a bit of an issue and had to reschedule flights. I asked the agent could she give me a date in good faith that it should be issued by and she said that as long as I don't book a flight before business close on my target date I should be ok. There's a flight that I just might make but if I'm waiting any longer than 5pm I'm screwed, she said close of business is 17:00 and their website says 16.45. Has anyone collected it in person and been left waiting? Gonna knock into their office before work tomorrow to see if I can ask someone

• Registered Users Posts: 5 elthon

im scared as hell , sent my passport for renewal on the 10th , its still on stage 2 of 6 stages and its target issue date is 30th of may , and im travelling to the usa on the 2nd may already haven booked tickets,

what do i do in this predicament???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

elthon wrote: »
    im scared as hell , sent my passport for renewal on the 10th , its still on stage 2 of 6 stages and its target issue date is 30th of june, and im travelling to the usa on the 2nd already haven booked tickets,

what do i do in this predicament???

Did you include a copy of your flight booking so they now you've travel booked? I did that and it definitely helped get it back in time. If not try message them in a private message on Twitter and ask them to add the info to your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I received a call today from the passport office, 6 working days after the target issue date, letting me know that all is good and that the passport will be with me in next few days.
    6 extra days isn't much really, fair play to them, all in all the experience wasn't too bad as I was expecting longer delays.
    If anybody is in a rush, my advice is to drop them a DM on twitter with as much information as possible, be nice and polite and you will be sorted.

sillysocks wrote: »
    Did you include a copy of your flight booking so they now you've travel booked? I did that and it definitely helped get it back in time. If not try message them in a private message on Twitter and ask them to add the info to your application.

ive sent them my situation as well as the ticket via twitter, i'll remain optimistic for the time being, but it doesnt seem as they'll respond , i just check the website but it says 14 working days, and its the 13th today, but i still remain on stage 2 of 6, dont think it'll remacoulessqly jump to stage 6 by 2moro

man this sucks lol, you think this will lead to my ticket being cancelled, thus money being wasted,? this is al a first timer thing for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ive sent them my situation as well as the ticket via twitter, i'll remain optimistic for the time being, but it doesnt seem as they'll respond , i just check the website but it says 14 working days, and its the 13th today, but i still remain on stage 2 of 6, dont think it'll remacoulessqly jump to stage 6 by 2moro

man this sucks lol, you think this will lead to my ticket being cancelled, thus money being wasted,? this is al a first timer thing for me

Is it your first passport so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

elthon wrote:

My application moved to stage 3 on Wednesday then I received the call that my passport is almost ready today, so 24 hours overall.
    By the time my passport will be printed and sent its 48 hours (or 2 working days) from stage 3 to stage 6. Its very quick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I can't find my passport and want to apply for a passport card. Where could I get my passport details? I flew with Ryanair last October, would they be able to give me my details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

you have to have a passport to apply for a passport card.

ie be in possession of a passport.

it is not a replacement its supplementary.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Is it your first passport so ?

no im renewing it via passport express ( 10 year ) so that would be my second one right lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would think that it would be highly unlikely that Ryanair would be able to give you your passport details due to data protection etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Once mine started to move it went from stage 2 to 6 in two days or so. They guarantee next day delivery once it's posted so you might be ok! Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

no im renewing it via passport express ( 10 year ) so that would be my second one right lol?

Yes, you just said it was your first time but now I understand it's your first renewal.

Passport express doesn't exist any more tbh, it's a postal service for passports and the main way of applying. Ignore the delivery date on the form, check the turnaround time on the website and keep trying to get them on the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Due to fly to Paris on the 8th, sent in my passport form because I lost my old one but forgot to click express. Is there anyway I could get my passport in time for next wednesday? Can I arrange to go in somewhere next week to speed up my application(at an extra fee of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If it's the 4th of July you should be ok, was told in the P.O today it's currently 4 weeks, was in an emergency before and cued up at the passport office and got it there and them, not sure if that's allowed anymore it was 18yrs ago.

• Advertisement

Damn :O Is there anyway I can get my passport details and sign up for the passport card?

i think legally you don't even need a passport it's just the airlines look for it, you should be able to get to France on the boat without one.

I don't think you can, 'free movement' yeah right, I'm trapped on this damn island

Mec27 wrote: »
    I don't think you can, 'free movement' yeah right, I'm trapped on this damn island

You can, the passport thing isn't a requirement it's just the airline look for it, ring your airline and see what they say or get the boat http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/eu-citizen/index_en.htm

Yeah I don't think there is a chance with flying, but cherbourg could be an option, so stressful though, I might try ask them if I can get the details off the passport and apply for the eu card thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was in the post office last Sat and the lady ahead of me asked for an express form. She was told 6 week delay on those right now, 10 week + on regular. I know that's different to what a previous poster posted, but either way it's a long delay.

Are you going for the Euros? You will need your passport for entry to any game regardless of how you arrived in the country.

If I were you I would be contacting your local politician at this stage as he/she will likely be your best chance of fast tracking your application.

Damn, I'm meant to be heading to France for the summer, 10 week delay :O

I mean I can change my flight from the 8th, but by sounds of it I'll be literally stuck in Ireland for the summer. My uncle has a boat in England, he heads to France in it quite a lot might be my only way of getting out of here.

I'm going Euros but not going to any matches, just taking in the Ireland group games, then working in Toulouse.

What do people make of my proposal about obtaining my new passport number and expiry date? I'd probably need it by Monday which isn't going to happy but even if I got it by wednesday I should receive the card by the latest the following friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You can, the passport thing isn't a requirement it's just the airline look for it, ring your airline and see what they say or get the boat http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/eu-citizen/index_en.htm

Lol, a big lol actually :)

Schengen related piece that doesn't translate well into Irish person travelling to France :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Ring the passport office in balbriggan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement