Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

vicwatson wrote: »
    So if you are applying for the renewal of a childs passport that was issued after January 1st 2005 then you don't have to send their birth cert right??

Yep, I renenewd my child's lately and only included the expired passport. Then I got worried that I should have included a birth certificate after seeing it somewhere else so I contacted the office who said it wasn't necessary because they'd have it on file from the first application.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

vicwatson wrote: »
    Passport website says -

"You need to include these documents when you’re making your passport application. Please note if your child’s passport was issued on or after January 1st 2005 you do not need to submit the birth certificate, unless you are submitting a sole guardian affidavit/court order or your child’s birth has been re-registered since their most recent passport was issued."

Yet back of the app form under checklist says "your most recent Irish passport, if applicable (if under 18 enclose your birth certificate also)

Which one is correct ?

If the birth cert was already submitted with a passport application in the last ten years then they have it on record and you won't need to submit it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maria11

I sent a renewal application for my daughter the 6th of May and no passport received yet. When I check the pass tracking is still in stage 2 of 6 and target the 27th. She is travelling the 15th of June and I am a bit anxious about it. Can you tell me if I should contact them? or how many days are taking at the moment from stage 2 to 6 to receive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

maria11 wrote: »
    I sent a renewal application for my daughter the 6th of May and no passport received yet. When I check the pass tracking is still in stage 2 of 6 and target the 27th. She is travelling the 15th of June and I am a bit anxious about it. Can you tell me if I should contact them? or how many days are taking at the moment from stage 2 to 6 to receive it?

It's taking 1 to 2 working days from stage 3 to stage 6 and add to it another day for delivery.
    There is no harm in contacting them via Twitter and let them know about the travel dates. They will surely sort it out for you :).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maria11

thank you for your help alwald. But do you know how long it takes from stage 2 to 6 to stage 3? Is taking so long that I am concern if there is an issue with the documents I sent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

thank you for your help alwald. But do you know how long it takes from stage 2 to 6 to stage 3? Is taking so long that I am concern if there is an issue with the documents I sent.

Mine took something like 15 days or more to move from stage 2. I had it 24 hours after it went to stage 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Mine sat at stage 2 for 5 days maybe but the last stages happened within the space of 3 days so I had it back on the 10th day after I sent the passport away :) I thought mine was stuck and was worried but I got it soon afterward.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Orders sons renewal 10th may
    It's now on stage 5 (printed and ready for posting ) so expect to have it this week

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just booked a trip to France (very last minute, travel the 17th of June) only to discover son's (3) passport is out of date. Earliest appointment is the 13th of June. Is the 3 day turn around guaranteed?

Is there a walk in service? Happy to take day off it it means getting it earlier.

Is there a faster way of getting it faster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

godtabh wrote: »
    Just booked a trip to France (very last minute, travel the 17th of June) only to discover son's (3) passport is out of date. Earliest appointment is the 13th of June. Is the 3 day turn around guaranteed?

Is there a walk in service? Happy to take day off it it means getting it earlier.

Is there a faster way of getting it faster?

Phone your local TD's office. They can fast track passports.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

athtrasna wrote: »

Should I be doing that now?

I know some one working in the DFA but in a totally unrelated area. I've sent her an email for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You'd think they'd have better things to do like have a country to run :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Should I be doing that now?

I know some one working in the DFA but in a totally unrelated area. I've sent her an email for advice

We're booked to fly on the 17th June too. Like you last minute thing and only sent renewals for 2 kids off via passport express last Monday. Am nervous and unsure what to do. Sent proof of travel off with the application so it's just a waiting game now.

think I am going to head in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

How long time does the passport card takes once it reaches the 5th stage "Your Passport Card is currently in a queue waiting to be printed. Applications may remain at this stage for a number of days."?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Guys is there anyway I could get access to my expiry date and passport number? I just need the european passport card by next week, I don't need passport.

Mec27 wrote: »
    Guys is there anyway I could get access to my expiry date and passport number? I just need the european passport card by next week, I don't need passport.

Not unless you have a copy/photo of your passport somewhere.

Went in to the passport office today. There by 8 and out by 9:30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

can you just go without an appointment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Went in to the passport office today. There by 8 and out by 9:30

Did you get the passport there and then? I'm getting really anxious. Am considering making an appointment for 14th June in case I dont have passports.

Can I collect in person an application submitted through passport express?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

I applied for a passport card last week but never received any email or application number so I've no idea what stage it's at. I see that money was taken out of my bank account though. Anybody have experience of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Fair enough. I was in a rush doing it and just assumed they would send it out. I mean it's normal practice to email out a reservation number in every other scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

They cannot anymore, they have the same options as any citizen i.e. get an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Can sone one clarify if it's appointment only at passport office now?

I took tomorrow off work to go in to get a newborn passport for Monday week? Don't mind waiting in Q for ages

Can sone one clarify if it's appointment only at passport office now?

I took tomorrow off work to go in to get a newborn passport for Monday week? Don't mind waiting in Q for ages

Yes. Appointment only, you can arrange appointment on the Dfa passport website.

Páid wrote: »
    They cannot anymore, they have the same options as any citizen i.e. get an appointment.

Not sure about that. Aware of accelerated cases lately

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Not sure about that. Aware of accelerated cases lately
    What was the turnaround time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Hi there,
    My family and I, (parents+2 kids) applied for our passports beginning of May, yesterday they finally went to stage 3 and last night stage 5 but one them(one of the parent's ones) had stayed at stage 3, and this morning I noticed it had gone back to stage 2 ! .while the others were still on stage 5? Anyone know what could be going on? Please God it's just a small adjustment and it'll be at stage 5 with the others this week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement