Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emmamorris

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Direct message them on twitter the application number and your proof of travel (screenshot) they should be able to assist you
    I've already direct messaged them, is there any other way to get it sorted? Say if the third one has failed? I've already tried to book an appointment for the rapid renewal service but there aren't any appointments until the 24th and I'm leaving on the 20th???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

I e-mailed them last tuesday, they didn't really seem that fussed, and my passport status hasn't updated since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Technique

My daughter has an appointment booked for tomorrow to get her passport renewed (she's travelling abroad on 25th June). The lady in the Passport Office at the time she made the appointment indicated that someone else could drop off the form for her.

What's the story here? Does her friend need any ID to drop off the form? Is a written letter from my daughter necessary, giving permission for someone else to drop off the form?

Thanks for your help.

I got onto them on Twitter, despite all the stories about them being really efficent, they were no help. I don't see why they didn't give out passport numbers and expiry dates and just let people get the Euro cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Passport card system won't accept my actual passport photo as a valid photo :/ Medical exception advised on the AH thread, anyone succeeded that way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

First time applicant. Application date 16/05/16. Target date was 07/06/16. Application proceeded to stage 1 on 18/05/16 and then to second stage on 23/05/16. After the target date, sent a DM on twitter when I was told it was just 16 working days and I need to wait till the number of working days mentioned on their website that was/is about 12 working days. Noticed a change in the update (? effect of the DM) to Stage 3 on 10/06/16 evening. When can I expect my passport on hand? Thanks in advance.

Literally no update whatsoever despite getting onto them last week, what a protracted draw-nout process this is. My passport isn't even going to make the target date.

Very very very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

mac.in wrote: »
    First time applicant. Application date 16/05/16. Target date was 07/06/16. Application proceeded to stage 1 on 18/05/16 and then to second stage on 23/05/16. After the target date, sent a DM on twitter when I was told it was just 16 working days and I need to wait till the number of working days mentioned on their website that was/is about 12 working days. Noticed a change in the update (? effect of the DM) to Stage 3 on 10/06/16 evening. When can I expect my passport on hand? Thanks in advance.

The status got updated today evening to Stage 5 and mentions to be posted in days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I'm travelling Wednesday 22nd at 6am and just realised my son's passport has expired.

Any advice on what to do?

Can't use the Rapid renewal service until we're within 3 working days of our travel. Can't get an appointment based on the other option until 23rd June.

Can i just turn up at 8am at the PP office tomorrow and queue and hope to be seen? If i go with his option, can i pick the Passport up at the office or can it only be posted? I see the Rapid renewal allows you collect the PP usually by close of business on the same day.

• Advertisement

Here I sent them a message last week about a flight I was due to take yesterday. It never arrived nor did it update and I DM'd them asking would I have the passport by Friday(the target issue date on the website which hasn't updated since the 8/6) I DM'd them again and got the reply 'have you proof of another flight?' WTF gives? Surely they are taking the piss? They obviously did **** all to get it to me in time for Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Passportstress

Hello everyone! I'm absolutely desperate to get my passport sorted. Meant to be traveling on the 21st (SIX DAYS!!) but target date is 22nd. Sent off passport via Passport Express. I wanted to go down the appointment route but all appointments were blocked out so I couldn't get one. Then I DMed the Passport Office and I detailed exactly what was up, my flight details, everything. They regurgitated the same info that they couldn't guarantee that I would get my passport in time. I honestly don't know what to do at this stage, does anyone know if people are queueing up these days and if they are actually getting anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Passport card system won't accept my actual passport photo as a valid photo :/ Medical exception advised on the AH thread, anyone succeeded that way?

Queued to be printed, seems thats the way to go.
    Hello everyone! I'm absolutely desperate to get my passport sorted. Meant to be traveling on the 21st (SIX DAYS!!) but target date is 22nd. Sent off passport via Passport Express. I wanted to go down the appointment route but all appointments were blocked out so I couldn't get one. Then I DMed the Passport Office and I detailed exactly what was up, my flight details, everything. They regurgitated the same info that they couldn't guarantee that I would get my passport in time. I honestly don't know what to do at this stage, does anyone know if people are queueing up these days and if they are actually getting anywhere?

If you've gone down the express route I don't think you can now change to the in person option. Also I'd expect that the passport office is the worst incarnation of hell right now.

Hi, how long did it take for your passport to go from Stage 3 to actually being in your hand, my passport just went to stage 3 myself and I don't know when I'll get it?
    mac.in wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Hi, how long did it take for your passport to go from Stage 3 to actually being in your hand, my passport just went to stage 3 myself and I don't know when I'll get it?

It takes 1 to 2 working days from stage 3 to stage 6 and add to it another working day for delivery. You should have it by Monday!!

Thanks so much, I hope so now!
    alwald wrote: »
    It takes 1 to 2 working days from stage 3 to stage 6 and add to it another working day for delivery. You should have it by Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 roundone

How long is it currently taking for a passport to issue? My application was received 25/05 and target date was 15/06 but it's still at stage 2. Last updated 02/06.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Just had my passport back. I applied to the London embassy via post. The online form doesn't work like it would for someone in Ireland it stayed on stage 2 for all 7 weeks and then was at stage 6.

They don't send it out special delivery to us in the UK.

Took 7 weeks in the end. Only took 6 days for my wifes Uk one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

roundone wrote: »
    How long is it currently taking for a passport to issue? My application was received 25/05 and target date was 15/06 but it's still at stage 2. Last updated 02/06.
    Exactly the same dates for me.

I'm not traveling until August though, so I'm certainly not panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ConorDon97

Hi guys, it seems like a lot of people are panicking at the moment and I might be one of them!

I sent an application on the 1st June, it was received on the 2nd June but it is still on stage 2 and has not been updated since 9th June. I am due to go to Spain on the 28th June and the target issue date is 23rd.

I have tried to contact them through email and twitter, but they haven't replied. Do you guys think it should arrive? Their website says it is currently 12/13 working days and the woman at the post office said 14 days so surely it should?

Otherwise, what will I do about it? Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DM!

Hi all,
    I'm wondering if someone can help. I sent my application via Express Post and it was received on the 08/06. It only moved to Stage 2 on Wednesday. I was wondering if I was to go down to the Passport Office when it reaches Stage 3 (hopefully next week), could I queue up with proof of travel and walk out with my Passport in my hand? The target issue date is the 28/06 and I'm travelling on the 29/06, I'm not that audacious 😄. I tweeted them with the same query but had no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Mine actually moved onto Stage 3 last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

DM! wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm wondering if someone can help. I sent my application via Express Post and it was received on the 08/06. It only moved to Stage 2 on Wednesday. I was wondering if I was to go down to the Passport Office when it reaches Stage 3 (hopefully next week), could I queue up with proof of travel and walk out with my Passport in my hand? The target issue date is the 28/06 and I'm travelling on the 29/06, I'm not that audacious 😄. I tweeted them with the same query but had no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It most likely won't move to stage 3 next week, more like 2 weeks from now.

Drop in with proof of travel a week before you're due to fly.

That said, the forms for passport express say to leave at least 6 weeks before travel to apply, so you're cutting it very fine.

To be fair, many people just see the "12/13 working days" as "current turnaround times" and just think it will be no problem. They should really inform people more clearly, though I know they do advise 6 weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

ConorDon97 wrote: »
    To be fair, many people just see the "12/13 working days" as "current turnaround times" and just think it will be no problem. They should really inform people more clearly, though I know they do advise 6 weeks too.

People should really inform themselves more clearly.

All I am saying is they are only causing more problems for themselves by showing conflicting turnaround times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mimimc

We're flying on Friday and thought the expiry on our sons' passport was 2018, but it's 2016! I won't be eligible to apply for a rapid renewal appt until 12.30 on Wed, if I get one, it will be for thursday, but I'm worried this will be cutting very fine. Can we still just arrive at the passport office and wait?

Ok my passport has moved on to Stage 5 on Thursday, so it's printed. I'm due to travel on TUESDAY. Very soon!!! I thought with my passport at stage 5 on Thursday it would be here by Friday but no such luck. Can anyone say it will be here tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Ok my passport has moved on to Stage 5 on Thursday, so it's printed. I'm due to travel on TUESDAY. Very soon!!! I thought with my passport at stage 5 on Thursday it would be here by Friday but no such luck. Can anyone say it will be here tomorrow?

It SHOULD be, mine was with me within 24 hours of stage 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

mimimc wrote: »
    We're flying on Friday and thought the expiry on our sons' passport was 2018, but it's 2016! I won't be eligible to apply for a rapid renewal appt until 12.30 on Wed, if I get one, it will be for thursday, but I'm worried this will be cutting very fine. Can we still just arrive at the passport office and wait?

Same thing happened to myself (except we discovered on Sat and due to fly Monday @5.55pm from Dublin).

Made appointment on Sunday @12:30 for 9am Monday
    Went to passport office early to ensure 9am appointment (both parents/guardians need to be present - nearly caught us out).
    Had passport back at aprox. 2:45pm - there are no guarantees you will get it this early in the day, but they "normally" will have it done buy close of day.

They were very organised in the office and were doing things sensibly (like organizing the queue outside the office based on the type applicant) and every member of staff was genuinely helpful (as you can imagine there were a lot of stressed folks there).

IMO I would suggest queuing up early on Monday (I know this post is a bit late for this) and getting your application into the 3 day turn around queue and only use the Thur appointment as fallback (its hard to grab those slots).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement