Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Been using Davidoff Cool Water lately, quite nice. A well rounded fragrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HardCored

ye, my dad has that one. its really nice! hugo boss orange is nice too! but it really depends what you are into (i know this is obvious) Also, it might be worth it checking with your girlfriend (or friends who are girls) to see what they like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Abercrombie fierce is what I've been using for a while and both guys and girls really seem to like it. Girls have commented on how good I smell so you can't go wrong with it tbh;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Tom Ford's Oud Wood

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I picked up 'Terrain' from Next today due to the recommendation in this thread, it is indeed nice, thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ahava

I used to work with a guy who made me feel weak in the knees every time he passed by me. Not because he was particularly attractive, but because the way he smelled. I had to ask. It was Ultraviolet (Man) by Paco Rabanne.

I bought a bottle and started wearing it myself (the Ultraviolet for Women is nowhere near as nice). I can't tell you how many times I was asked what perfume I was wearing by strangers (usually women sitting next to me on a bus or a train).

There is something incredible about that fragrance, something... mmmhm ;)

Now there's an endorsement!! :D

EDIT: Hang on, you bought the mens one for yourself? What's it smell like?

Andy!! wrote: »
    Now there's an endorsement!! :D

EDIT: Hang on, you bought the mens one for yourself? What's it smell like?

:D Yeah. The look some of these women gave me when I told them it was a man's fragrance. I felt a bit pervy *giggles*

What does it smell like... it's really hard to describe. I kid you not when I say it made me feel week in the knees, I mean it literally. I just looked it up and it says on some website: it's "an interesting masculine fragrance, more intense and provocative than the feminine version". Intense and provocative. Yeah, that's quite accurate. In a gentle and non-imposing way though. Magnetic is also a word I'd use to describe it. One of a very few material things that resonates with me on a... below the belly button level... if you know what I mean...

I swear to god I'm not paid for saying this (I probably should be though!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch. Yummiest smell on earth!

Very expensive though, can't find it for cheap or even reasonable anywhere! :P

• Advertisement

Had a sniff of Ultraviolent for Men by Paco Rabanne yesterday. It's ok, fruity I guess, but I think a bit too chemically smelling too... wasn't blown away by it.
    You sure you're not a sales rep Ahava? ;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

Personally I think the nicest fragrance out there is Carolina Herrera 212 Men, smells incredibly good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Vetiver by adolfo Dominguez. Don't think it can be found in Ireland,I usually buy it in Spain for the oh.

The brand Roger & Gallet have a couple of men fragrances, they are nice. They can be found in some chemists

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I was just going to post about the fact I'm using this lately (212 VIP for men), and it smells very very nice :) Nothing but compliments about it!

Had a sniff of Ultraviolent for Men by Paco Rabanne yesterday. It's ok, fruity I guess, but I think a bit too chemically smelling too... wasn't blown away by it.

Hmm... now that I think of it... I remember having a very similar reaction to it when I first had a sniff in the shop. 'twas a good few years ago that I used it and think I just forgot, but yeah, I remember putting it on every morning and not being able to stand the smell for about an hour or so :o

Yeah, it needs 2-3 hours on the skin before it settles and "develops" this magic quality. But once it does, it's really beautiful. If you really want to know what I'm talking about, maybe squirt a bit on your wrist and have a sniff after about 3 hours. Alternatively just furgetaboutit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ahava wrote: »

Hmm... now that I think of it... I remember having a very similar reaction to it when I first had a sniff in the shop. 'twas a good few years ago that I used it and think I just forgot, but yeah, I remember putting it on every morning and not being able to stand the smell for about an hour or so :o

Yeah, it needs 2-3 hours on the skin before it settles and "develops" this magic quality. But once it does, it's really beautiful. If you really want to know what I'm talking about, maybe squirt a bit on your wrist and have a sniff after about 3 hours. Alternatively just furgetaboutit :D

So put it on first thing in the morning if you're going on the pull later that night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Threw on a splash of Terre D'Hermes in the airport the other day and by jesus is it the business. Really really professional fragrance is the best way I could describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Woodward

i really like boss in motion by hugo boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Can you recommend the best place to buy this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Channel allure sport is so nice people always ask me what I'm wearing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Can you recommend the best place to buy this ?
    I love this too but as far arch know you can't buy this in Ireland can't wait until they open there store In Dublin I will be there just to buy it lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

+1 for A&F Fierce

I stock up whenever I'm in the US or London and sometimes ask friends or family to pick me up a bottle.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Right lads I need a new fragrance, so suggestions would be most welcome.

Current lineup includes (non-exhaustive list):

JPG - Le Male
    PR -1 million
    Chanel - Allure Homme
    Armani - Black Code
    Prada - Pour Homme
    Prada - Infusion d’Homme
    Dior - Fahrenheit

So I'm looking for something different than the above.

It's a going out fragrance I'm looking for not a work fragrance....

Suggestions?

Has anyone tried any of the Creed fragrances or Terre D'Hermes?

Shane732 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried any of the Creed fragrances or Terre D'Hermes?

Can you afford them ??

Right lads I need a new fragrance, so suggestions would be most welcome.

Current lineup includes (non-exhaustive list):

JPG - Le Male
    PR -1 million
    Chanel - Allure Homme
    Armani - Black Code
    Prada - Pour Homme
    Prada - Infusion d’Homme
    Dior - Fahrenheit

So I'm looking for something different than the above.

It's a going out fragrance I'm looking for not a work fragrance....

Suggestions?

Dior Dior is unbelievable.

go back through the thread, find my post and ye cant go wrong :p

Slattsy wrote: »
    Can you afford them ??

I'd be lying if I said I knew how much they were?

Edit: Just looked there. They are expensive but if they were something special then I'd have no problem buying one of them.

I'd be lying if I said I knew how much they were?

Edit: Just looked there. They are expensive but if they were something special then I'd have no problem buying one of them.

Yeah they be pricey alright.
    Im not gonna say they're not lovely, but personally i just dont think its worth the price. There's some smashing ( and uncommon) smells out there for a quarter of the price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

guerlain - ylang ylang and vanille

l occitane lavender

l occitane notre flore

anais anais by cacharel

viktor & rolf flowerbomb

an amazing heavenly scent which is sweet but not too sweet and a bit sharp but not too sharp is ............... carrement belle in vanille,you can get it in any scent in patchouli even,and they are done in paris you can only mail order in paris they are simply the best gourment perfumes,they even have one(vanille) that smells better than viktor & rolf!!!type carrement belle into google and go on their website its worth buying!!

armani white

creed flowers

prada

estee lauder pleasures

fragonard vanille

fragonard grain de soleil

jimmy choo eau de parfum

britney spears curious

britney spears fantasy

givenchy irresistable

givenchy ange ou demon

ysl yves saint laurent paris

ysl in love

body shop jasmine

body shop vanilla

chanel chance

givenchy ylang ylang

lou lou by cacharel

lush tuca tuca (another great scent on my top list)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

If you want to get a decent fragrance then yes in general niche fragrances are more expensive but in general are miles ahead of any of the ones you already have. The ones you listed are all a bit Saturday night dishco to be honest.

Advertisement