Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Love the smell of Armani Code.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

padi89 wrote: »
    If you want to get a decent fragrance then yes in general niche fragrances are more expensive but in general are miles ahead of any of the ones you already have. The ones you listed are all a bit Saturday night dishco to be honest.

Well it is a Saturday night fragrance I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

Shane732 wrote: »

Nicest aftershave I ever smelt in my life is "Jill Sander" For Men. It's all my OH wears now since I introduced him to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

daltonmd wrote: »

Nicest aftershave I ever smelt in my life is "Jill Sander" For Men. It's all my OH wears now since I introduced him to it.

I bet he doesn't wanna know how you came to know it though....you old sailor you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

Slattsy wrote: »
    I bet he doesn't wanna know how you came to know it though....you old sailor you !!

Told him I smelt it off a gay friend lol .... Up there for dancing!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Fair enough what i should have said is they are all a bit common, synthetic headache inducing fragrances, in your face with zero refinement, think of lynx being blasted in a GAA dressing room. I used to wear them myself but i'd never go back, we're spoon fed these fragrances through advertisement but they are quite rancid in comparison to good perfumers.If you are interested in fragrances there is a huge variety out there. Nobody can tell you get this get that, smell is subjective so you really need to go and sample and really take your time. Do you live in Dublin?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

CK one is one of the classics and nicest scents on a guy - clean and fresh but not overpowering

padi89 wrote: »
    Fair enough what i should have said is they are all a bit common, synthetic headache inducing fragrances, in your face with zero refinement, think of lynx being blasted in a GAA dressing room. I used to wear them myself but i'd never go back, we're spoon fed these fragrances through advertisement but they are quite rancid in comparison to good perfumers.If you are interested in fragrances there is a huge variety out there. Nobody can tell you get this get that, smell is subjective so you really need to go and sample and really take your time. Do you live in Dublin?

Yup I'm living in Dublin.

You're certainly tarring every major brand name with the same brush there.

There is a huge amount of pretentiousness out there when it comes to aftershave.
    Some people wouldnt know the difference from a Next brand @ €15 to Creed at €150 or whatever.

There is a huge amount of pretentiousness out there when it comes to aftershave.
    Some people wouldnt know the difference from a Next brand @ €15 to Creed at €150 or whatever.

From what I've seen Creed is a lot more than €150!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

daltonmd wrote: »

Never heard of it, where can I check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Absolutely love Zegna, really masculine. Emporio homme is delicious and not too strong. Eternity is sexy too, when I smell it on a guy I just wanna bite his neck. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Absolutely love Zegna, really masculine. Emporio homme is delicious and not too strong. Eternity is sexy too, when I smell it on a guy I just wanna bite his neck. :o

CK Be has that effect on me.

Yup I'm living in Dublin.

You're certainly tarring every major brand name with the same brush there.

And deservedly so they aren't good quality product simple as.

Anyway, it's been a while since i was last in Dublin but Brown Thomas on Grafton St had a so so collection, there are a few counters worth a look Diptyque, Joe Malone, Tom Ford, Maison Martin Margiela etc, personally i really like the Hermes counter. You'll just need to sample every now and then whenever your in town, walk away to refresh your palate and try some more. In time you'll be able to narrow down what types you like or don't like or even what perfume houses you don't like i didn't like creed but you may love it. When you have an idea of the types of fragrances you like then there are loads of places online selling samples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

About a year and a half ago, a girl I know got me a bottle of this for my birthday, as it was "her favourite"! I generally wouldn't be a big aftershave guy, I'd buy any auld ****e without putting much thought into it or usually just use whatever ended up on the bedroom drawer set after my birthday or Crimbo, but since I've was gifted a bottle of this wonderstuff not that long ago, I've been getting comments on how amazing it smells from women every time I go out!
    211132.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

Does anyone have CK One, CK Free or CK in2u? How long do they last and what's your opinion on them? I'm looking for a nice summer-scent and these were quite nice when I smelled them in boots the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i know herself likes Calvin Klein BE... so i must buy another bottle as my current one is running low

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

hugo boss bottled or lacoste red.
    it should be a law for men to smell like one of these at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Must get Lacoste Red again as an everyday fragrance - always good to have around Christmas too - has a bit of a festive smell to it :pac:

I just picked up a bottle of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, I must say I'm really keen on the fragrance.

I had intended on going for Terre D'Hermes based on the good reports it's getting on basenotes. However when I smelt it I wasn't keen on it at all.

• Advertisement

I just picked up a bottle of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, I must say I'm really keen on the fragrance.

I had intended on going for Terre D'Hermes based on the good reports it's getting on basenotes. However when I smelt it I wasn't keen on it at all.

I wasn't mad on it either.
    If ya don't mind me asking how much did you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

John Varvatos.
    Unfortunately only available in UK, from Selfridges or Heathrow duty free, or US or from ebay.

I wasn't mad on it either.
    If ya don't mind me asking how much did you pay?

I paid £100 (€131) for 50ml.

The guy at the checkout was gas, he scanned the barcode and nearly fell off the chair at the price of it. He actually asked me if the price was right on it, to which I answer "yes, but I've no problem with you giving me a discount!" Unfortunately it didn't work!

Personally I don't think it was too bad. I quickly checked other places online (amazon etc...) once I got home and it seemed to be STG£150 for 50ml and £230 for 100ml. Although you do seem to be able to pick up a bottle (100ml) off perfuma.com for €255. I've never heard of perfuma.com so I'm not sure of the authenticity.

So far I like it. We'll see how it's going after the 50ml.

Tobacco Vanille and Tuscan Leather seem to get good reviews.

I just don't get the obsession with Terre D'Hermes. Maybe I wasn't getting a proper smell of it with all the various other fragrances around.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Big fan of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino too, I prefer shower gels/body moisturisers myself, cost 50 euros for 150/250ml, which surprisingly lasts for ages ! Well worth it in my opinion.

Black Orchid is amazing too. Its a shame TF only does 3 shower gel/body moisturisers

I just don't get the obsession with Terre D'Hermes.
    Me neither.

I'd say you would like some Frederick Malle fragrances Shane, check them out if you are ever in Paris/London/NY. They are sadly very expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I need some assistance..............

Has anone seen Diesel Plus Plus for Men for sale in Dublin. I used to wear it a lot to work yrs ago but then the ex got me some new smells and I never got back into buying it. Would love to get my hands on a few bottles now.

It can be got online but I would prefer to go into a store and buy it.

http://www.getprice.com.au/Diesel-Plus-Plus-Masculine-75ml-EDT-Mens-Colonge.htm#more-details

anyone??

frAg

I just don't get the obsession with Terre D'Hermes. Maybe I wasn't getting a proper smell of it with all the various other fragrances around.

You don't have to "get it", smell is subjective you just didn't like it, simple as. You need to go with what you like not reviews they can be used as a guide but that's all really, just because loads of people like it doesn't mean you will. I really liked Bois Morocain when i sampled Tom Ford yet if i look on Basenotes it doesn't get favorable reviews. I don't like fragrances with Neroli on my skin but it works for you, best thing to do is just sample yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

CK Eternity for me. It goes on the body, the neck, all my clothes and all around my room....Even spray the bin ! It is my scent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Chic for men by Carolina Herrera makes me go gooey when my hubby wears it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Carraig95

If ya really want to get something that truly smells classy, and completely stands out check out 'Creed - Silver Mountain Water'...

You may laugh at the name, but it is absolutely the nicest I've ever smelled. It's sold only in Brown Thomas, and is ridiculously expensive. I think I paid €130 for a very small bottle (it was a voucher from the boss back in the good times when this Kerry mucker lived in Dublin, trust me noooo way would I be gettin it otherwise!!!).

In all fairness, they women do like the shtink off it!!!!

http://www.creedboutique.com/content/4-about-creed-dynasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Burberry Touch for Men is unreal!

Advertisement