Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

There's an Armani-Mania-shaped box under the christmas tree this year. Nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Aventus-Creed,Get compliments off girls all the time on it. It was also reffered to by a girl i know as the "knicker Dropper"

For the price its not worth it. It's nice, but many many more better scents out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Red by Lacoste seems to have been made with me in mind. :cool:

Received Lancome Hypnotise as a Christmas present. It's pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

in past years I've liked Hugo Boss (the original one) but lately it's been Le Male, feckin expensive but a nice scent.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Slattsy wrote: »
    For the price its not worth it. It's nice, but many many more better scents out there.
    I don't know how you could say a certain scent is better than another one but personally this is one of my favourites. It's all down to personal taste at the end of the day. Another one i like is Escada Magnetism.
    I guess I don't like wearing the more common ones like Le male, aquadi gio or boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Barna77 wrote: »
    At €150 in BTs it better make knickers drop! :eek:

Probably as you have to be loaded to be able to afford it and it's the money they really smell :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

Three new additions to the collection

Armani Code- although I had it before
    YSL L'homme
    YSL La nuit de L'homme

Not sure how I ended up getting both YSL ones but they're top class. Worn both only once so far and have been asked many times what am I wearing.

Womena and men so it must be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Had three women sniff my neck when I met them and asking me what I was wearing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Farenheit 32, nice everyday scent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MartyMcDoodle

Hugo Boss Bottled
    Lacoste Red
    Hugo Boss Orange
    Dolce and Gabbana The One
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Diesel Only The Brave
    CK Be
    Burberry Weekend

... etc

Go and smell them yourself first though. It's all about preference.
    You can try the testers in Boots or Debenhams or any other perfume shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MartyMcDoodle

Versace Bluejeans

Love this one and it is so cheap too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Love this one and it is so cheap too!

Haha, smells like the '90s :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Frederic Malle - Carnal Flower, best thing I've ever smelt

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

awec wrote: »
    Gucci Guilty, Chanel Bleu, Black Diamonds.

I wear Chanel Bleu and always get compliments from guys when i wear it.;)

For me, on a guy i love the original Paco Rabanne
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4NiipRaA9qsog5pfyuZDMjjNZCvVRqdtm6KfSHhkKeV4NFoUS

Or

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwLbq7JO2WKF7A4tumgyYeXcgb8XuBpi6cHVUIRxw6cj4D93ZiBniT6pYWpw

Both oldies but goodies IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Got a sample of this in a GQ and it smelt great, cant find anywhere local that sells it either so a good one if you dont like to be wearing what everyone else is (Had a bad experience with Paco Robane 1 million in this regard)

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_lid_T-am-pid_60905M-am-cid_Cologne__products.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

NiallFH wrote: »
    Got a sample of this in a GQ and it smelt great, cant find anywhere local that sells it either so a good one if you dont like to be wearing what everyone else is (Had a bad experience with Paco Robane 1 million in this regard)

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_lid_T-am-pid_60905M-am-cid_Cologne__products.html

That's a nice one, but fairly common. It's in plenty of outlets too.

du Maurier wrote: »
    That's a nice one, but fairly common. It's in plenty of outlets too.

Which one's have you seen it in? I tried Debenhams, The Perfume shop and Boots but none of them had it.

Its easy to get in online stores of course but most people I know dont buy online unless its something they bought before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Which one's have you seen it in? I tried Debenhams, The Perfume shop and Boots but none of them had it.

Its easy to get in online stores of course but most people I know dont buy online unless its something they bought before.

Clery's, Arnott's, and House of Fraser in Dundrum.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Picked up a few bottles of my usual fragrances in the Arnotts sale last week, quite pleased with the saving, though I need to expand my range so this thread has been quite useful for recommendations. I tried CK Obsession and CK Free which I was recommended and really didn't like either, I guess my nose must be broken as they seem to be loved by many.

I'm quite surprised Diesel Plus Plus hasn't gotten a mention here though, I love the refreshing sweetness of it and it's not overpowering at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I've used Cool water and Hugo Boss but the last couple of years i've settled on Armani Code.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Have a number of aftershaves atm that I'm fairly pleased with - 1 million, Armani code, Le Male, Channel Allure Sport

I'm thinking of getting a small bottle of Lacoste Red however - I miss that fragrance, haven't had it in ages!

Not sure if I should be going for slightly older fragrances atm however - nearly 24 and want to move away from teenage fragrances - feel this is what I might be going back to if I get Lacoste Red

Any Suggestions?

Gucci Guilty. It's lovely!
    Was thinking Gucci by Gucci but it's a bit musky/strong - not sure about it but I'll check out guilty cheers awec :)

Gucci by Gucci is disgusting.
    If you want an older fragrance go for something like Chanel Bleu

If you're in Armagh Niall you're closest one is unfortunately Victoria Square in Belfast.

That is actually only about 5 minutes from where I work and 30 minutes from where I live, quite handy, never thought to try there, cheers.
    PaulieC wrote: »
    feel this is what I might be going back to if I get Lacoste Red

I used it a bit when I was younger than about 3 years ago my gf at the times parents bought me one of the huge bottles.

I never really liked it the first time round and that bottle is still 90% full.

Not a fan at all, never had anyone comment on it either to say its nice or otherwise.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Gucci by Gucci is disgusting.
    If you want an older fragrance go for something like Chanel Bleu

Heard good things about Chanel Bleu tbf
    I used it a bit when I was younger than about 3 years ago my gf at the times parents bought me one of the huge bottles.

I never really liked it the first time round and that bottle is still 90% full.

Not a fan at all, never had anyone comment on it either to say its nice or otherwise.

Had numerous comments about it when I had it when I was younger so I find that odd tbh :confused:

I hate having huge bottles of aftershave unless it's a firm favourite!

• Advertisement

Advertisement