Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I swear by Fierce. It always gets me loads of compliments, but I've had it for a while so I'm thinking I might as well switch up a bit.

Any sort of fragrance that's similar in subtly to it? I wouldn't want an overpowering one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

whats your fav atm?

It's probably my favourite because it's running out and I want to cherish it. It might be hard/most likely expensive to replace.

I've enjoyed CK One a lot this summer. That's running out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Morf wrote: »
    It's probably my favourite because it's running out and I want to cherish it. It might be hard/most likely expensive to replace.

I've enjoyed CK One a lot this summer. That's running out too.

i had ck one ,dont like it, gave it to my dad.

my favs atm are boss (original), diesel (only the brave) and armani diamonds(on my 3rd bottle)love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

I have Fierce by A&F
    It's the dog's bollocks. Nearly out of it though. Anyone know when that A&F store opens in Dublin? Don't want to order online again.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Mont Blanc Legend is very similar to A&F Fierce to me anyway. Try it and see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone else like YSL Pour L'Homme?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Right I think I'll invest in another Tom Ford. I'm wondering if any of you know where there might be a decent deal on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

I am a girl and all I wear is YSL L'Homme, even though it's for men.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

Chanel blue "pour homme" is the best perfume I had so far IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Carolina Herrera 212 VIP, 1 million paco rabanne or Armani Code. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Notorioux wrote: »
    212 VIP and Armani Code for me.

I bought both of them on recommendations and just no. Far, far to overpowering with even just a tiny, tiny amount. Didn't get good reactions from them either, just what the hell is that type of reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

At the moment I have Clinique Happy (daytime), Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male (night time only), and Givenchy Play Sport (daytime/night time).
    I bought both of them on recommendations and just no. Far, far to overpowering with even just a tiny, tiny amount. Didn't get good reactions from them either, just what the hell is that type of reactions.

I'm surprised you got negative reactions about Giorgio Armani Armani Code. It's an unique fragrance, and I used to get very good reactions from people about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I'm surprised you got negative reactions about Giorgio Armani Armani Code. It's an unique fragrance, and I used to get very good reactions from people about it.

Exactly! You'll defo get an instant shag on a night out with that smell. :D +1 with Clinique only for day time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

Pacorabbane blue is nice to.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Abercrombie fierce
    Dolce gabanna the one
    Channel allure sport
    Calvin klein encounter

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

The g/f got me some Channel allure for Christmas,

She seems to like it :)

Picked up a bottle of Tom Ford Noir de Noir and I have a bottle of Creed Aventus on the way as well.

Also got a couple of fragrance at Christmas as presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Shane732 wrote: »
    Picked up a bottle of Tom Ford Noir de Noir and I have a bottle of Creed Aventus on the way as well.

Also got a couple of fragrance at Christmas as presents.

I'll be honest Shane, i dont get the hype with the Aventus. Its nice, thats a given but its not that nice.
    I think Creed have nicer one's, but once you like it.

I must actually try a few Tom Ford's out. What site did you order from, and do they do 30ml/50ml bottles?

DH wears Vera Wang for men. Its fab.

Right I think I'll invest in another Tom Ford. I'm wondering if any of you know where there might be a decent deal on them?

I've never actually sampled any of Tom Ford's fragrances.... are they worth the investment?

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'll be honest Shane, i dont get the hype with the Aventus. Its nice, thats a given but its not that nice.
    I think Creed have nicer one's, but once you like it.

I must actually try a few Tom Ford's out. What site did you order from, and do they do 30ml/50ml bottles?

I've only sampled Aventus and I quite liked it. Everyone seems to be mad about it so I decided to buy a 50ml split of it.

I've bought my Tom Ford fragrances from a variety of different locations. I bought my last Tom Ford from a split on basenotes. 50ml bottle for STG £80. I've paid as much as STG £160 for a 50ml bottle of Tom Ford so £80 is a steel!

I've never actually sampled any of Tom Ford's fragrances.... are they worth the investment?

It really depends on what you're looking for.

Some of the stuff you buy in the shops is complete sh*te.

I like the Tom Ford stuff.

It really depends on what you're looking for.

Some of the stuff you buy in the shops is complete sh*te.

I like the Tom Ford stuff.

Would the Tom Ford For Men fragrance be suitable for someone in their mid/late 20s? Or is it more suitable for an older man.
    As in someone in their mid 20s wouldn't wear Aramis! :P

Would the Tom Ford For Men fragrance be suitable for someone in their mid/late 20s? Or is it more suitable for an older man.
    As in someone in their mid 20s wouldn't wear Aramis! :P

Well I'm in my early to mid 20's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Not in my opinion, completely overrated and overpriced inc Creed. They are just well known expensive brands, there are much better perfume houses out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaipur by Boucheron is by far my favourite. Hard to get though.

padi89 wrote: »
    Not in my opinion, completely overrated and overpriced inc Creed. They are just well known expensive brands, there are much better perfume houses out there.

Sorry but that's just wrong.

Creed is hardly a well known brand when compared to Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss etc...

It's a niche brand.

If you don't mind synthetic fragrances, some of which don't even last an hour then any of the cheaper ones available are fine.

The likes of creed are fundamentally different in terms of what goes into the bottle.

Again Tom Ford didn't exist prior to 2004 so it's hardly on a par with the likes of Hugo Boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

First things first,MY opinion is not wrong, you may not agree but it's MY opinion.

Secondly i said expensive brands, (Klein, Boss etc are not) Creed and Tom Ford are the names always thrown at people when they say they want something a bit more interesting and anyone looking will certainly know these names. There is a lot of hype surrounding these fragrances, the marketing is great but the products aren't IMO. Creed is gone pretty much borderline Niche these days, it's available at nearly every department store so it's hardly a unique item. Tom Ford is a fashion brand, it's not Niche.

Silage and longevity have nothing to do with price you should know that. Go spray something like Joop/Angel and a L'artisan fragrance which will likely be 3 times the price, you won't be happy with the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Clinique Happy and Armani Code for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

If you happen to walk down Dame Street on a regular basis A&F scents won't be one you'll have for too long. It stinks up the whole side of the street! Overbearing and nauseous. Even if a person was initially fond of their fragrances this would definitely put you off - common and lacking subtlety.

Advertisement