Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

I believe pats latest price was about half that

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Anybody tried Tom Ford cherry smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

For women:

Cerrutti 1881. Literally got about 20 compliments on my perfume the last 2 months wearing this one, beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Having read through the thread here I picked up Al Haramain L'Aventure & L'Aventure Knight EDP along with the highly recommend Armaf Club de Night Intense EDT from a German ebay retailer who ships to Ireland.

So far I've only opened and used the Armaf Club de Night Intense and I have to say it's an absolute beast. I love it and it certainly gets the compliments. I can't compare it to Creed which seems a crazy price but it's definitely the nicest smelling EDT or EDP I've ever used.

Previous to it I was using Cerrutti 1881 for men which I received as a gift. I'd never heard of it but I actually really liked it too. But Intense is vastly superior.

Prior to that I'd grown tired of the usual CK and Hugo and was using rather inexpensive aftershave from Fine Accoutrements , Fresh Vetiver being my favorite. It's seems to be OOS everywhere but as a day to day scent it was nice.

I must check out the fragrance split thread to see exactly how it works but for now I'm loving the new scents. I'll report back on the others when I've tried them out.

I've been using Al Haramain L'Aventure Knight (Green Irish Tweed Clone) the last few days and it's absolutely amazing. Totally love the smell of it. My father actually has an early GIT and L'Aventure Knight to my noise is exactly the same. Apparently modern versions of GIT are slightly different formulated so I can't comment on them.

I since decided to pick up a few more of the very well regarded clones. They are due to arrive next week. Ordered the below from Makeup.ie who do free shipping to Ireland for orders over €19. The prices seem the most competitive of any I've seen so the free shipping is an extra bonus :-)

Lattafa Fakhar - Which is a clone of Yves Saint Laurent Y.

Armaf Club De Nuit Milestone - Which is a clone of Creed Millesime Imperial

Armaf Club De Nuit Sillage - Which is a clone of Creed of Silver Mountain Water

Afnan Supremacy Incense - Which is a clone of Amouage Interlude Man.

Also order some stuff from the Lattafa shop on amazon.de. Lattafa Asad - Dior Sauvage Elixir clone and Lattafa Khamrah - Kilian Angels Share with a Vanilla twist.

My father has Angel share and Creed SMW which I found nice and can compare the clones/inspired by when they arrive.

There's a few dirt cheap clones of some great scent I previously had. I'll pick some up next month. That'll be me done for the next couple of years 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The Irish Travellers choice.....

'Hey Boss'

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Little update from me : The Lattafa Khamrah & Lattafa Asad arrived. I managed to get my hands on a Dior Sauvage Elixir sample over the weekend and did a side by side comparison of the Asad and the Sauvage Elixir. To my nose there is absolutely zero difference between the two. I mean zero, it's worth checking out Asad if you're a fan of Sauvage Elixir.

I'll compare Lattafa Khamrah with my dads Kilian Angels Share tomorrow but I expect it to be as described elsewhere as Kilian Angel Share with an extra vanilla twist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Where did you get the Asad delivered to Ireland from?

Most places I look won’t deliver here or the shipping is nearly as much as the bottle!

https://makeup.ie is very handy for low cost delivery. Any orders over €20 are free, coming from Poland I think and takes over a week but it's sent via UPS/An post. Asad is OOS there at the moment but sign up for notifications when it's in stock and jump on it when the email comes in.

Alternatively if you want to get a few Lattafa and Maison Alhambra products in one go you could try the Lattafa shop on amazon.de.

At the weekend I discovered that they have their website https://lattafa.de which is actually cheaper than amazon.de and free delivery with over €90 spend. I picked up a few well regarded Maison Alhambra Tom Ford and Parfums de Marly clone scents. Blind buys on my part but I don't mind taking a chance. I ordered them last night, paid via PayPal so there's little risk involved. Waiting on delivery to be confirmed. I'll update on this.

Finally another place I've used a few time is Parfumden on ebay https://www.ebay.ie/str/parfumeden . Delivery is €6 but they will combine postage with multiple products but you'll have to request a combined total invoice which you'll receive within 24 hours. Decent prices there and a huge selection.

Update on the Lattafa Khamrah , it's as described Kilian Angel Share with extra vanilla, the scent lasts all day for me and it's gorgeous. I've had multiple people comment on it and wanting to get their hands on it. I'll be ordering a second bottle of this !!!

I actually have 15 various scent due to arrive this week, 3 from Makeup.ie, 8 from Parfume Den and the 4 direct from Lattafa. I'll order a few more of the Tom Ford clones as they come back in stock and that's it 🫣

Post edited by Confused11811 on

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

That Club De Nuit isn't too bad. By the way what do ye prefer to get when buying fragrances, the eau de toilette or the eau de parfum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Parfum is generally a higher concentrate of perfume oil but also tends to be a lot more expensive so it depends on the fragrance in question imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I kinda guessed myself as well. Cheers for the reply. 🙂

Advertisement