Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Recently got a 100ml bottle of Bleu de Channel and I think I've found a fragrance that I will be using for some time - absolutely love it.

So that leaves my collection at:

Blue Channel
    Armani Code
    One Million - Paco Rabane
    Allure Spore - Channel
    Le Male - Jean Paul Gaultier
    Only by the Night - Hugo Boss

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators Posts: 53,443 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Hugo Boss is nice and women seem to love it.
    Women also seem to love jean paul gaultier le male. Don't like the smell of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver. Uber snazzy stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

(I posted this in the Facial Hair and Hats forum but maybe it should have actually been in here)

I am looking for a good cologne but would really like to test some. Some sample packs would be great, the more the better really.
    I don't want to go into a shop and smother myself with different samples. Would prefer to wear them for a day.
    I am happy to pay for any samples.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Hugo Boss is nice and women seem to love it.
    The one in the green box is my choice, been so for a long time, and yep they love it

But I tried a yesterday morning the one in the black bottle, just a sample, it was nice and could still smell it late last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Got Paco Rabanne - One in a Million for my birthday,it is amazing.

Also have

Dior - Farenheit
    JPG - Le Male
    Carolina Herrara - 212 Sexy Man
    Hugo Boss - Original
    CK One

Got Paco Rabanne - One in a Million for my birthday,it is amazing.

Also have

Dior - Farenheit
    JPG - Le Male
    Carolina Herrara - 212 Sexy Man
    Hugo Boss - Original
    CK One
    One Million is very nice alright but wouldn't wear it daily more of a going out fragrance.

212 Sexy man is a cracker though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

One Million is too common now.
    Had it when it first came out but dont wear it anymore.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    How hipster of you :pac:

PaulieC wrote: »

How hipster of you :pac:

That must make me sound like a pretentious git but I'm actually not !! Lol

That must make me sound like a pretentious git but I'm actually not !! Lol
    Said in jest don't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I picked up a bottle of the new JPG called Kokorico in heatrow airport last week, its very nice, had numerous comments about it already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The top two for me would be Bleu De Chanel and JPG - Le Male.

Honourable mentions to Chanel Allure Sport and for a more old skool vibe my fave is Paco Rabanne original.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

One that I used to always wear was Hugo Boss: Energise. Came in red packaging. That was my scent... Needless to say my scent has been discontinued.

Sorta just making my way through the hugo boss collection now, some I like but none that stand out!

One that I used to always wear was Hugo Boss: Energise. Came in red packaging. That was my scent... Needless to say my scent has been discontinued.

Sorta just making my way through the hugo boss collection now, some I like but none that stand out!

Boss Orange is smashing. Very sophisticated and smart. It's a great with a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Auc_Drive

Ck Eternity (Aqua) YUM!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Boss Orange is smashing. Very sophisticated and smart. It's a great with a suit.

Just discovered you can still buy Energise from ze UK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Can anyone recommend a "supermarket" type fragrance under Euro 15 that is pleasant?

Don't ever use fragrance but got a couple of functions coming up soon. My hand would fall off if I paid over 20 euro for a bottle of anything, not into designer/label type stuff!! Cheers guys!!!

• Advertisement

bureau2009 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a "supermarket" type fragrance under Euro 15 that is pleasant?

Don't ever use fragrance but got a couple of functions coming up soon. My hand would fall off if I paid over 20 euro for a bottle of anything, not into designer/label type stuff!! Cheers guys!!!
    Next have a number of Fragrances for men that are around the €15 mark iirc

One is called Terrain I believe and is similar in some ways to The One by Dolce and Gabanna which is a very nice scent.

They have another one that is also similar to Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier which is also quite popular

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

bureau2009 wrote: »

ZARA do some cheap ones that are quite pleasant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just bought a bottle of Paco Rabanne - 1 Million, very nice fragrance I must admit. It was quite easy choosing it over most of the other options available in the shop.

But sure, what do I know? I'm only the guy who'll be wearing it, the real test is when the ladies get a whiff! :cool: :D

Expensive stuff though :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Just bought a bottle of Paco Rabanne - 1 Million, very nice fragrance I must admit. It was quite easy choosing it over most of the other options available in the shop.

But sure, what do I know? I'm only the guy who'll be wearing it, the real test is when the ladies get a whiff! :cool: :D

Expensive stuff though :eek:

I have one friend who tells me it smells like I've been smoking when I've been wearing it!!

Most women seem to love it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I like Happy for Men by Clinique and The One by Dolce and Gabbana. However hands down my favourite is Red by Lacoste. The women who've got close enough to smell it haven't complained either :cool:

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Favourite would be Issy Miyake - L'eau D'issey, with Davidoff Coolwater and Fahrenheit a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

More to add to my ever extending collection which I got this week are D&G The One. I freaking love it and so do the girls but it just doesn't stay on my skin long enough.

The third in my YSL L'homme collection "Libre" was picked up last week. Expensive enough like the rest of the range but equally good. Very summer smell to it.

phoenix833 wrote: »
    More to add to my ever extending collection which I got this week are D&G The One. I freaking love it and so do the girls but it just doesn't stay on my skin long enough.

Found that myself too, even after a shower the fragrance doesn't last all too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HardCored

Diesel Only the brave is my favourite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HardCored

but JPG Le Male and DG the One are really nice too

Advertisement