Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 in your face

Debenhams were selling it at duty free price, it was €37 I think for 50ml bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

mcw92 wrote: »
    Anyone know cheap places for this? cheapest ive seen is 48€ for a 50ml bottle.
    If you know anybody going through Cork Airport they've dad it at €27.50 for a long while in The Loop which is amazing value

Could be the same in Dublin for all I know

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

does anyone know any decent sites for buying cheapish aftershave? Looking for that A&F Fierce after all the positive vibes, but it looks like I'll be forking out about €70+ notes.

I got Paco Rabanne One Million last year for about €45 on ebay. 100ml too so it was decent value at the time I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Ah but see its worth the 70 notes. If ya got a euro for all the compliments that come with it :P

better buy it for €100 so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Which would you prefer from

armani code

armani mania

or a third fragrance that is named after a date (similar to 1880) that I used a couple of times and thought was nice from boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Which would you prefer from

armani code

armani mania

or a third fragrance that is named after a date (similar to 1880) that I used a couple of times and thought was nice from boots.

Cerutti is what you're thinking of. It's lovely and fresh.
    Good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

What are peoples opinion of Davidoff CoolWater and Davidoff Hot Water. Kind of one for working during the day and one for wearing at night.

I ask because both of them seem to be fairly cheap, the reviews look good and you can buy a matching deo and body wash for them, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

What are peoples opinion of Davidoff CoolWater and Davidoff Hot Water. Kind of one for working during the day and one for wearing at night.

I ask because both of them seem to be fairly cheap, the reviews look good and you can buy a matching deo and body wash for them, I think
    Had cool water but felt it was an older fragrance than I was able to pull off at 18 haven't gone back to it since but it's a nice fragrance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Wouldn't be a fan myself.

• Advertisement

What deodrant do ye wear with the aftershave. Do most of them come with a matching deo, or can you get a non scented deo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Lynx

LordSutch wrote: »
    Lynx

hahha, fair enough. Dumb question really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

What deodrant do ye wear with the aftershave. Do most of them come with a matching deo, or can you get a non scented deo

I'm no expert on this, but I think it's worth the money to buy a full set of something - no point slpashing out (:pac:) on something good and wrecking it with something not so good competing with it. I spent about €150 on YSL l'Homme Nuit and felt decadent doing it, but the fact that it works for the whole of a good date or night out and is often complimented makes me happy enough that I spent the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Heya,

I'm looking to buy a new fragrance (eau de toilette). I was going to post in the nicest fragrance thread but I suppose I'm looking for a particular type of fragrance.
    Specifically I want one that I can use during the day, and one that would be ideal for winter time. Most of my daytime fragrances are fresh, crisp, fruity type ones that would probably be more suitable for the summer (I've have/had D&G Light Blue, Clinique Happy for Men, Kenneth Cole Reaction).

So, anyone have any suggestions? Or, is there even a difference between summer and winter daytime fragrances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Threads merged,no need to have 2 separate threads on the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Aventus-Creed,Get compliments off girls all the time on it. It was also reffered to by a girl i know as the "knicker Dropper"

• Registered Users Posts: 47 5ftGiant

Aventus-Creed,Get compliments off girls all the time on it. It was also reffered to by a girl i know as the "knicker Dropper"

Same as, tried it as a tester and it generated serious reactions, definitely my next purchase!

My hitlist - Lancome Miracle, Clinique Happy, and Acqua Di Gio for daytime

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beckham intense instinct smells great which suprises everyone when i get compliments about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

has Joop "Jump" been mentioned yet? if not it should have been. "212 Sexy" for men is good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Armani code and Clinique happy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I really like Marc Jacobs - Bang.

A&F fierce on route from Amerikay right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dancoxkilc

I like armani code and the david beckham one actually smells nice if a little sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Boss - Hugo Boss or Aqua Di Gio by Armani are the two I'd alternate in wearing. Both well known, but they're really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Been rocking it with Gucci by Gucci and Tom Ford Grey Vetiver for the last while, really like them both.
    Next on my list is Narcisso rodriguez .

I usually get mine from house of Frasier uk site, much cheaper than the shops over here, and I think its free delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

EDIT: Woops- wrong thread.
    Back on topic, Por Homme by Jean-Paul Gaultier is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

At €150 in BTs it better make knickers drop! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

I recommend the below site for samples of fragrances. Often its hard to get English, US, or French men's cologne/scent in Ireland even to have a whiff to see if you like them or not. So to avoid shelling 60 clams on something that smells like burnt rubber/seaweed try these fellas.

http://theperfumedcourt.com/

Advertisement