Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

padi89 wrote: »
    First things first,MY opinion is not wrong, you may not agree but it's MY opinion.

Secondly i said expensive brands, (Klein, Boss etc are not) Creed and Tom Ford are the names always thrown at people when they say they want something a bit more interesting and anyone looking will certainly know these names. There is a lot of hype surrounding these fragrances, the marketing is great but the products aren't IMO. Creed is gone pretty much borderline Niche these days, it's available at nearly every department store so it's hardly a unique item. Tom Ford is a fashion brand, it's not Niche.

Silage and longevity have nothing to do with price you should know that. Go spray something like Joop/Angel and a L'artisan fragrance which will likely be 3 times the price, you won't be happy with the outcome.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Where is Creed available in Ireland? It's a niche fragrance.

I don't understand the reference you make out to expensive either. Are you saying there are much better expensive perfume houses out there or much better perfume houses out there?

I wasn't talking about the price of them at all.

The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Shane732 wrote: »

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Where is Creed available in Ireland? It's a niche fragrance.

I don't understand the reference you make out to expensive either. Are you saying there are much better expensive perfume houses out there or much better perfume houses out there?

I wasn't talking about the price of them at all.

The mind boggles.

I know you don't know what I'm talking about its obvious from your posts.

Creed is available in Harvey Nichols and Brown Thomas the last time I was up that way.

Creed is overpriced, there are much better perfume houses in the same and lower price brackets.

You said that some cheaper synthetic fragrances don't even last an hour, i am telling you that this is not exclusive to cheaper perfumes.

I hope you understand this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 goochtrooper69

I love a bit of Old Spice myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

I'm going to purchase some Davidoff Cool Water next. I quite like the smell off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

The g/f got me some Channel allure for Christmas,

She seems to like it :)

My favourite one, smells amazing. Bought myself a bottle of Issey Miyake - L'Eau D'Issey there after xmas. Smells great and lasts about a week when you spray it on lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Quite partial to 212 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

51HPi8vkaOL._SY450_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Joop WILD is my favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

Splash of Brut in the morning.. Nothing better to make you feel like a real man or a 1970s 1st Division Footballer..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

Joop or Yves Saint Laurent are what i usually buy...girlfriend loves joop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Joop is like friggin mustard gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

joop is the vilest smell ever invented and the *cough * 'men' who wear it should be made drink it .

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

padi89 wrote: »

Creed is overpriced, there are much better perfume houses in the same and lower price brackets.

Such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Such as?

I agree with him.

There is only one Creed fragrance (imho) that stands out and probably worth forking out for.
    The rest of them are not, and simply blend in with the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Bleu De Chanel is the only thing I would wear. Its clean and masculine. Its really strong and one pump is enough. Any other mens cologne is to common. Everyone wear paco one million or hugo boss.

Perfume experts say chanel is the only fragrance thats worth its price

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

hfallada wrote: »
    Bleu De Chanel is the only thing I would wear. Its clean and masculine.

Have this myself in my 'select' collection :D
    Beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Burberry For Men Eau de Toilette is pretty nice and not too "girly"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Ran out of Bleu and decided to replace it with Platinum Egoiste. Quality option as well. Gucci by Gucci is up there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Been a while since I've had to go shopping for a fragrance but I'm heading away to sunnier climates for the next few months and want to buy an appropriate eau de toilette. Ideally something summery and fresh to wear in the evening. Had a look in House of Fraser today but honestly didn't know where to start so all recommendations appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Been a while since I've had to go shopping for a fragrance but I'm heading away to sunnier climates for the next few months and want to buy an appropriate eau de toilette. Ideally something summery and fresh to wear in the evening. Had a look in House of Fraser today but honestly didn't know where to start so all recommendations appreciated.

I like
    channel allure homme sport
    Hugo boss bottled
    Abercrombie and fitch fierce
    Dolce and Gabbana the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Spicebomb by Victor&Rolf. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

450---Brut_After_Shave_tcm28-298900.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48 buffalo909

Jean Paul Gaultier le male, cant go too far wrong there, my favourite is Paul Smith Story but I don't know if its still available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Allure Homme Sport is lovely.I'd highly recommend it,though it is a bit pricey but well worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Festy wrote: »
    Allure Homme Sport is lovely.I'd highly recommend it,though it is a bit pricey but well worth it imo.
    The housemate uses it. The smell stays for days!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Barna77 wrote: »
    The housemate uses it. The smell stays for days!
    That's my problem with it.

I used to love it but, much by One Million by Paco Rabane, it's almost too strong and overpowering

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

PrettyBoy wrote: »

For something fresh and summer-y, and that you can wear in the evening, I'd recommend Lacoste Pure White. Nice scent, it's not over-powering, and it's suitable for day time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

G-Money wrote: »
    Red by Lacoste. I was out one night wearing it and a girl and her friends were literally coming up, one after the other to smell my neck. No word of a lie.

Had a lady recently in a coffee shop come up and ask me what I was wearing and that it was amazing.

Red, Lacoste.

It works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Must give this Red Lacoste a try :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Had a lady recently in a coffee shop come up and ask me what I was wearing and that it was amazing.

Red, Lacoste.

It works.

Right, this is a ringing endorsement! Is there just one type of Red Lacoste? I google imaged it and there seems to be a couple of options ?

Advertisement