Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

fryup wrote: »
    typical potato-head Irishman

Only potato heads think Wayne Rooney is Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Tender Hoop

Speak for yourselves you ugly c unts.

I'm very very good looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

No need to read the whole thread, all i need to say is im a handsom bastard, and im irish, so meh to you thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

going back to the whole google situation with this type "I like"into google search and can someone please explain what i like to fork myself means im extremely good looking btw but i cheated im half-cast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

brummytom wrote: »
    As an outsider; Irish people aren't ugly.. it's just some weird inferiority complex you've got going on
    Nope. In an English night club recently some Brit said to me 'you're too pretty to be Irish'. We are seen as ugly :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Nope. In an English night club recently some Brit said to me 'you're too pretty to be Irish'. We are seen as ugly :(

I think thats what the kids call, "a chatup line".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

I always perceive Brits like a people with the Down syndrome...these faces, slow moves.. I think its cause they used to shag their sisters for sooo long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I'd agree with that. Of all the countries I have been to the ratio of corkers:mingers is the lowest in this country. No inferiority complex about it. Just a fact in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Chillaxe wrote: »
    Only potato heads think Wayne Rooney is Irish.

Wasn't it his Gran that said " He's English on the outside, but Irish on the inside". I really thought it'd be the other way round tbh :pac:.

Morrissey probably said it best though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

But the main question is: Why do you people give a fcuk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Chillaxe wrote: »
    I think thats what the kids call, "a chatup line".
    Oh :(
    I just ain't down with the kids these days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Dudess wrote: »
    I understand there's a particular stereotypical "look" but that's the stuff of comedy, piss-taking etc, which is fair enough, but realistically there is major diversity among Irish people in terms of how they look.

Not that typical, no.

I am speaking on average. Of course there are individuals that break the mold so to speak (thou i usually find they have an attitude to boot.
    <Ollie> wrote: »
    Wasn't it his Gran that said " He's English on the outside, but Irish on the inside". I really thought it'd be the other way round tbh :pac:.

Morrissey probably said it best though..

Armidillos!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I don't think our ugly is any worse than any other nationalities ugly folk!
    There's a foot for every shoe anyway;)

I am speaking on average. Of course there are individuals that break the mold so to speak (thou i usually find they have an attitude to boot.

Maybe they just don't like you. I know plenty of "hot" Irish chicks that are totally cool.. This is just another stereotypical notion that is load of baloney.. 'hot Irish chicks are stuck up their own arse'.

Or maybe, you really do have an inferiority complex?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Maybe they just don't like you. I know plenty of "hot" Irish chicks that are totally cool.. This is just another stereotypical notion that is load of baloney.. 'hot Irish chicks are stuck up their own arse'.

Who said anything about "chicks"?

Just to be clear - I like girls, but i deliberatley kept this gender neutral because I think it applies to both genders. I find on average good looking irish women have major attitudes about themselves - but i believe the same is probalby true of good looking irish guys too.

But riddle me this Dr Freud - if this is all about me having an inferiority complex, why do I NOT find the same trait in good looking foreign women ?

but i believe the same is probalby true of good looking irish guys too.

Btw, I know plenty of good looking guys that are not that way. I actually can't think of a single one that is like what you describe tbh, and I know a good few "good looking guys". A load of absolute bollox tbh..
    But riddle me this Dr Freud - if this is all about me having an inferiority complex, why do I NOT find the same trait in good looking foreign women?

So you never went to Centra or Spar to find a hot foreign girl with a bit of an attitude? Christ, you're a first for sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

with men like pierce brosnan, Colin Farrell, Stuart Townsend, Cillian Murphy and jonathan rhys meyers i find that hard to believe, we irish men are in huge demand in hollywood

rossie1977 wrote: »
    with men like pierce brosnan, Colin Farrell, Stuart Townsend, Cillian Murphy and jonathan rhys meyers i find that hard to believe, we irish men are in huge demand in hollywood

That's the cream of the crop though. You don't become a Hollywood movie star unless you're good looking (usually). Not saying there isn't a Colin Farrell in every town in Ireland, but just it's a bad example really.

Btw, I always thought you were a female Rossie.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

gavredking wrote: »
    Simple....we dont eat swans :pac:
    of course.insted u eat other ****e for unknown reason called food:D
    btw i think polish people were blamed for that addiction not romanian

• Advertisement

Btw, I know plenty of good looking guys that are not that way. I actually can't think of a single one that is like what you describe tbh, and I know a good few "good looking guys". A load of absolute bollox tbh..
    Frankly everything about your posts here says you are one of these good looking but obnoxiuos types, so i wouldn't expect you to a) diss your own or b) be aware of your/their obnoxiousness
    So you never went to Centra or Spar to find a hot foreign girl with a bit of an attitude? Christ, you're a first for sure..
    No not at all. I find that foreign workers here are generally very nice to me. Usually if I get attitude its the Irish staff that are giving it

Frankly everything about your posts here says you are one of these good looking but obnoxiuos types, so i wouldn't expect you to a) diss your own or b) be aware of your/their obnoxiousness

I'm not in in the slightest bit obnoxious. I'm a very easy going person really. It's only an internet forum, so I really wouldn't want to judge what type a person is by their posts. :)

I'm not in in the slightest bit obnoxious. I'm a very easy going person really. It's only an internet forum, so I really wouldn't want to judge what type a person is by their posts. :)

Really ??
    This was pretty judgemental and obnoxious:

Really ??
    This was pretty judgemental and obnoxious:

You forgot the "or maybe" bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

This man has something to sat about it.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I think i may just open a new thread but change the 'Irish' for 'Polish' or 'Nigerian'. Imagine the uproar that'd cause with the do-gooder brigade :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

History of inbreeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Terry79

History of inbreeding.

Started in Laois or Leitrim.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 benzie

may be we are all were drunk, so we are impaired on our judgment :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Terry79 wrote: »
    Started in Laois or Leitrim.;)

Ya cheeky****...I will hunt ya down...well..I'll give ya Leitrim..but..

Nah., I'm going to hunt ya down!!!!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement