Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

nipplenuts wrote: »
    OP, Irish people are beautiful. I think you just have too many mirrors.

The OP never stated he believed Irish people were ugly. If you actually read his post rather than reading the thread title and jumping to conclusions, you would have seen that he was explaining how when you type "why" into google that is the most popular search..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Sure we have been inbreeding with each other for thousands of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

The GAA is to blame. They encourage division at county and even at parochial level. As a result you get latent hostility towards your neighbours which leads to a lack of crosstown sexytime and lack of dissemination of that genetic code.

GAA advocates might as well be living in caravans and obsessing on their dahgs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

im irish, im fugly....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Being told you're not ugly by the English is like being told you're not a bad dad by Josef Fritzl.
    We've got Cheryl Cole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Stacey.x

brummytom wrote: »
    We've got Cheryl Cole
    <3

We've got Cheryl Cole

You can keep her. Cheap slag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

DKZ wrote: »
    The OP never stated he believed Irish people were ugly. If you actually read his post rather than reading the thread title and jumping to conclusions, you would have seen that he was explaining how when you type "why" into google that is the most popular search..

don't be a pedant. Yes he told us about the Google thingy, but then he pondered as to why we're ugly. your post is silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

We've got Cheryl Cole

Self loathing is a terrible thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

We gotta fight, fight, fight, fight, fight for this love
    If it's' worth having, it's worth fighting for........... ah fuck it, get my lawyer on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Kanye wrote: »
    107449.JPG

(^^^If you type "why" into google.ie. For some reason, typing "why" then space this question moves up one.)

I was having a conversation with a stunning girl from Cork (i.e. not really Ireland) about why people from Ireland are ugly. The conversation originated from a Romanian (i.e. not Roma) taxi driver with extensive knowledge.

I'm ruddy-faced, hairy and pale but still incredibly beautiful by international standards. So, what's the story?

Edit: link fixed.

Some people really believe everything they read, If your Irish and you believe in this you must be at that cross roads of plain 2 ugly.. Ugly Betty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

Glad I'm only half Irish = half ugly.. ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Don't be so hard on yourselves, you're not ugly at all. Have you ever been to Germany or Netherlands? :D Most women I've seen here are quite pretty. Men are not too bad either, well, at least these not slouching - must be the habit of trying to protect your head from the rain or vitamin D deficiency :p

Haha I googled "why" in Polish and the results are "why men cheat" "why can't I have an orgasm" and "why men love mean women" :D Nothing about you, Irish. Sorry:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Try typing "Why are" into google.co.uk for to get your fix of racial hatred.

Googles content and search results are location specific, so it seems to prove what i have Irish believed, there is a hell of a lot of self loathing irish people out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

who types questions into search engines anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

who types questions into search engines anyway?
    RIP AskJeeves

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

typical potato-head Irishman

fryup wrote: »

typical potato-head American

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Whatever you do, don't type google into google or you'll break the internets.

jd007 wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't type google into google or you'll break the internets.
    10 PRINT "C64 RULES!"
    20 GOTO 10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ragg wrote: »
    there is a hell of a lot of self loathing irish people out there
    Unless those Irish people who go on about the Irish being ugly etc exempt themselves, which I've no doubt is often the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

Ok, so I typed 'Why' into Google and got 'Why are the Irish so Ugly' as a second option as was previously said. Clicked on it and selected the second option on the screen and ended up...back on this thread. Going for a quiet lie down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

We're a small population island so there's less of a genetic mix. Before the celtic tiger years there was only new people were from the plantations and with the ulster one genes were largely kept apart due to cynisicm toward mixed Catholic/Protestant marriages

The Romanian taxi driver comes from a country where theres been new influxes from all directions due to Romania's location, therefore there's gonna be better looking people there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

DKZ wrote: »

Hmmm. When I type "why" into google.ie I get Myspace, myspace, wikipedia wikipedia....nothing in the first 40 results about ugly people.

But you are correct, I didn't read beyond the start of the OP. But the question lay in the title, and so.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Dudess wrote: »
    Unless those Irish people who go on about the Irish being ugly etc exempt themselves, which I've no doubt is often the case.

I don't think irish people are 'ugly' per se. I just think that on average we are porky and unfit, and like it or lump it that amounts to 'unattractive'. And yes I consider myself in need of losing a stone or two and spending some time in the gym. I've been to countries where there were lots and lots of stunning women for example - but really I don't think they were any less ugly, they were just on average alot slimmer than irish people and as a result more attractive (the men were also slimmer, but i can't tell you how attractive or not they were :P).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

<Inserts sweeping accusations about people from different countries>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Well, my question is "why am I so hot" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Irish guys are super hot! Even if they're not picture perfect their personalities take over it. Wouldnt swap them for the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't think irish people are 'ugly' per se. I just think that on average we are porky and unfit, and like it or lump it that amounts to 'unattractive'. And yes I consider myself in need of losing a stone or two and spending some time in the gym. I've been to countries where there were lots and lots of stunning women for example - but really I don't think they were any less ugly, they were just on average alot slimmer than irish people and as a result more attractive (the men were also slimmer, but i can't tell you how attractive or not they were :P).
    I understand there's a particular stereotypical "look" but that's the stuff of comedy, piss-taking etc, which is fair enough, but realistically there is major diversity among Irish people in terms of how they look.
    fryup wrote: »
    Not that typical, no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Anyway, how you carry yourself is what really sets hearts racing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement