Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Dean Roche

Wibbs wrote: »
    At least you've eased off on the loud noises. Though trying to quote you with the times new roman tags is a pain. You really do see what you want to see don't you. Yet accuse others of doing the same. Not uncommon. I've seen every single example you've so far given. British bars are all over the place. German style beer bars not that unusual. Spanish bars. less so but tapas joints sell grog too.

More like our smoking problem. Like I say I have no idea where you've travelled but I've been out on a school night in quite a few european cities and the bars do a grand trade. Like southsiderosie in Madrid you can get a bevvie at all hours. Many places in the EU you will see on street beer vending machines.
    Good god, man, no one is denying the Irish have a problem with alcohol in certain quarters, but it's more recent than you think/know, others have alcohol problems(the EU drinks more alcohol than anywhere else on earth) and you're whipping yourself up into some ire based rant which simply doesnt fit the evidence.

How have I "just proving"(sic) your point. Now your argument has become silly. Do you fit Italy into "western europe"? Corruption is a national sport. France? Where nepotism is almost enshrined in law. Spain? where on the misappropriation of land and funds by all sorts of local leaders was and is well dodgy(google corruption and Marbella for fun). Then there's some of the cops. Greece? Ah hahahhahahah yep, clean as a whistle they are. Give me an ever loving break. I'll give you incompetent. That said if you have traveled as much as you claim you will surely have observed that pretty much every nation on earth you visit you'll hear the same things from the natives. Its human nature.

No, you've rumbled me *drools on floor, while rocking back and forth*. Then why do you sound like one so precisely. I'm neither English, nor your friend, so lets drop the ould "mate" part shall we? If you're looking for aggressive effect, may I suggest "pal" as a more local example of the vernacular?Repeating something ad nuaseum doesnt make it any more of a fact. Then stop reading tabloids and maybe you will sound less like one.
    Awash, give me a break. Heroin use is lower now than it has been for many a year. Its still too much, but again typical emotive tabloid reasoning. BTW european isnt a "race". Individual european nations are certainly not "races" either.
    No it is not. Clearly you dont understand statistics.

The what now?
    Links please.

Oh like the recent defense of home bill? Spud packed ears? Jesus you really hate your "race" it seems.

Here comes the traveler rant a coming methinks.

Yes yes I will! *ranty noises*

TL;DR? mikom summed it up.

Other European nations do indeed have corruption and like you said they are no country free of it, the reason why Ireland has more corruption is for evidence to see look around! It’s a backward hole of a country when compared to most other European countries; just compare it to the UK with its superior infrastructure and public services! It’s called intelligence and a political ruling class less prone to corruption my friend...

Come to think of it not so long ago the country was run by the Irish Catholic Church a (Paedophile ring) that done the thinking for the Irish and the condition of the country was predominately like a pigsty! The wonderful Irish republican leaders that many Irish are so proud of aloud this to happen which makes it even more of a joke!

Yes they are such things as European sub races, they are for the most part physical difference and intelligence difference and traits between those races, but in your books all races are all the same right! Or they they are only one race the human race right LOL!

As for alcohol Not broad stroking or generalizing a whole entire nation of people but the Irish are pack of alcoholic micks and noting you will ever say will change that fact, they live up to their alcoholic stereotype very well, pubs open from morning 7 days a week, drink drink yap yap drink drink yap yap all week! No wonder things are so sluggish and noting seems to get done! I have lived in many European mainland nations and I don’t see alcohol abused the way it’s abused in Ireland.

Wibbs wrote: »
    At least you've eased off on the loud noises. Though trying to quote you with the times new roman tags is a pain. You really do see what you want to see don't you. Yet accuse others of doing the same. Not uncommon. I've seen every single example you've so far given. British bars are all over the place. German style beer bars not that unusual. Spanish bars. less so but tapas joints sell grog too.

More like our smoking problem. Like I say I have no idea where you've travelled but I've been out on a school night in quite a few european cities and the bars do a grand trade. Like southsiderosie in Madrid you can get a bevvie at all hours. Many places in the EU you will see on street beer vending machines.
    Good god, man, no one is denying the Irish have a problem with alcohol in certain quarters, but it's more recent than you think/know, others have alcohol problems(the EU drinks more alcohol than anywhere else on earth) and you're whipping yourself up into some ire based rant which simply doesnt fit the evidence.

How have I "just proving"(sic) your point. Now your argument has become silly. Do you fit Italy into "western europe"? Corruption is a national sport. France? Where nepotism is almost enshrined in law. Spain? where on the misappropriation of land and funds by all sorts of local leaders was and is well dodgy(google corruption and Marbella for fun). Then there's some of the cops. Greece? Ah hahahhahahah yep, clean as a whistle they are. Give me an ever loving break. I'll give you incompetent. That said if you have traveled as much as you claim you will surely have observed that pretty much every nation on earth you visit you'll hear the same things from the natives. Its human nature.

No, you've rumbled me *drools on floor, while rocking back and forth*. Then why do you sound like one so precisely. I'm neither English, nor your friend, so lets drop the ould "mate" part shall we? If you're looking for aggressive effect, may I suggest "pal" as a more local example of the vernacular?Repeating something ad nuaseum doesnt make it any more of a fact. Then stop reading tabloids and maybe you will sound less like one.
    Awash, give me a break. Heroin use is lower now than it has been for many a year. Its still too much, but again typical emotive tabloid reasoning. BTW european isnt a "race". Individual european nations are certainly not "races" either.
    No it is not. Clearly you dont understand statistics.

The what now?
    Links please.

Oh like the recent defense of home bill? Spud packed ears? Jesus you really hate your "race" it seems.

Here comes the traveler rant a coming methinks.

Yes yes I will! *ranty noises*

TL;DR? mikom summed it up.

They are no true crime stats in this country, what would you expect from Irish establishment that allows the elderly and cancer patients to die on trolleys without dignity? So don’t expect true crime stats in mick land . If a reliable competent source done stats on Irish crime I would wager you it would be high...

I have pointed out examples why this country is not safe and why this country has a noticeable high crime rate for its small population... Links please? I take that as being sarcastic on your behalf yeah? So you deny that a polish man was attacked on the weekend and left in a critical condition by feral Irish chimps?

I could post endless articles on Irish crime horror stories like this on this little island but I just don’t have the time, you just keep believing in your little fantasy that the menace across this island don’t exist. I have always said the Irish are prone to violence and crime; it’s in the breed just like certain breeds of dog are more likely to attack than others.

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=27742&locID=1.2.141&date=2010-10-04&date_mode=&page=1&show_cal=&newspanel=&showspanel=&web_only=&full_episodes=

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1017/1224256900212.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-207202041.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/0529/student.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0922/barryp.html

http://lostchildreninthewilderness.wordpress.com/2010/05/07/dublin-drimnagh-man-david-curran-19-found-guilty-of-double-murder-updated/

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-137358764.html

http://www.theirishworld.com/article.asp?SubSection_Id=2&Article_Id=4349

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Dean Roche wrote: »

As for alcohol Not broad stroking or generalizing a whole entire nation of people but the Irish are pack of alcoholic micks and noting you will ever say will change that fact, they live up to their alcoholic stereotype very well, pubs open from morning 7 days a week, drink drink yap yap drink drink yap yap all week! No wonder things are so sluggish and noting seems to get done! I have lived in many European mainland nations and I don’t see alcohol abused the way it’s abused in Ireland.

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
    Brighter than a lucky penny,
    When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
    And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine. ♫

mikom wrote: »

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
    Brighter than a lucky penny,
    When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
    And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine. ♫

This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud, speaking about the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud, speaking about the Irish.

Anthony Burgess said it............ but nice try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

It’s a backward hole of a country when compared to most other European countries; just compare it to the UK with its superior infrastructure and public services! It’s called intelligence and a political ruling class less prone to corruption my friend...

Yes they are such things as European sub races, they are for the most part physical difference and intelligence difference and traits between those races, but in your books all races are all the same right! Or they they are only one race the human race right LOL!

I have lived in many European mainland nations and I don’t see alcohol abused the way it’s abused in Ireland.

I will heed the wise words of a wiser man than I...
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

However I will suggest to Dean that your vast travelling and exposure to such a variety of 'races' seems to have thought you little of the human condition, perhaps (seeing as you hold Ireland and its people in such low regard) you should immediately re engage in your travels and education and gain an understanding of the world before continuing to identify 4 million individuals who live, love, lose, dance, work, dream, aspire, cry and die all with your silly child like definitions and tired cliches.
    Please don't take this as a personal slight, it is only a reaction to your above posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Predator_ wrote: »
    Nerds on here watch too much tv and judge the average Irish person on the street against the beautiful people on tv. Go to America/UK and take a look at all the fatties.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Dean Roche

hey, dean your obviously a troll, anyways

here I provided a link so you roam the streets of dublin

report back with 70% tracksuits
    Should only take 10 clicks around to get 100 men,
    You can provide 70 out of 100 tracksuits......GO

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Hyde+Road,+Limerick,+Ireland&sll=53.38153,-6.294839&sspn=0.001897,0.004823&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Hyde+Rd,+Limerick,+County+Limerick,+Ireland&layer=c&cbll=53.350363,-6.260677&panoid=5_7hH9BT0fOQdfnun3K0dQ&cbp=12,263.67,,0,11.64&ll=53.350446,-6.260716&spn=0.000879,0.002036&z=19

clived2 wrote: »
    Dean Roche

hey, dean your obviously a troll, anyways

here I provided a link so you roam the streets of dublin

report back with 70% tracksuits
    Should only take 10 clicks around to get 100 men,
    You can provide 70 out of 100 tracksuits......GO

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Hyde+Road,+Limerick,+Ireland&sll=53.38153,-6.294839&sspn=0.001897,0.004823&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Hyde+Rd,+Limerick,+County+Limerick,+Ireland&layer=c&cbll=53.350363,-6.260677&panoid=5_7hH9BT0fOQdfnun3K0dQ&cbp=12,263.67,,0,11.64&ll=53.350446,-6.260716&spn=0.000879,0.002036&z=19

Speaking your mind is a troll on Irish boards? A lot of people wear tracksuit bottoms in Ireland its so common it looks like a parody joke! This is mostly an Irish male thing not like you would notice this anyway. Observation is not a strong Irish trait just like they have no concept on future consequence or the ability to plan and think logically.

I will make my own video when I have the time and will post up on this board, not a ****y goggle sat image, I will walk up the main street of wexford with a hidden camera and a few other towns and city’s if I have the time, this visual evidence will indeed prove that the Irish male do have a thing with dozy tracksuit bottoms..

What’s my problem with it? Iit looks lazy filthy and reflects badly on the country but then again Irish Celtic traits are filthy so its deeply rooted, its no surprise that most of the chavs and neds in the UK come from a Irish rc blood line, just look at Glasgow Liverpool! The most Irish city’s in the UK hence their dreadful crime rates.

I will heed the wise words of a wiser man than I...

However I will suggest to Dean that your vast travelling and exposure to such a variety of 'races' seems to have thought you little of the human condition, perhaps (seeing as you hold Ireland and its people in such low regard) you should immediately re engage in your travels and education and gain an understanding of the world before continuing to identify 4 million individuals who live, love, lose, dance, work, dream, aspire, cry and die all with your silly child like definitions and tired cliches.
    Please don't take this as a personal slight, it is only a reaction to your above posts.

My observation is my observation and my opinion is my opinion, as a said I am not making sweeping generalisations about Irelands natives but if you want good old-fashioned honesty I am no quicker one to give it. I like this country and want to see it progress by sorting out its many problems and dropping its retrograde habits and corruption, but will that ever happen? NA, most Irish vote for corrupt and incompetent politicians like they always have done since independents as they do now and will continue to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 kilkenny_kid

Because the jizz was tainted when it was time for the load to blow. Hence ugly people. Mind you, your probably ugly as a dogs crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SallyPie

Not really Ireland??? Actually Cork IS in Ireland... And not all Irish people are ugly. I'm not perfect and I don't love myself but I'm not ugly either!!! You obviously have some serious problem with us Irish people to have said something as nasty as that!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Scambuster

I'm decent looking but that would just make me a statistical outlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SallyPie

People all over the world wear tracksuit bottoms... It's not just Irish people!!! What's everybody's problem with Irish people??? God almighty!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think its because we have no vitamin D so we're malnourished.
    Who are the best looking nation? Think I heard it was the French before. Are we the very last or just low on the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Hmm no wonder us Irish drink so much. How else are we supposed to find each other attractive. If it wasn't for alcohol we may of died out.

Edit: yes this is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Cochore wrote: »
    Irish girls are very attractive until their early 20s. They go downhill very rapidly after that. You can usually spot an Irish woman by the double chin and/or gunt.
    The majority of Irish women have double chins regardless of their weight or size. My guess is that it is a consequence of poor diet, lack of exercise and too much alcohol.
    Nnnnnnnnot totally true - the "majority" stuff especially. And Irish men are from the same gene-pool/live the same lifestyle yadda yadda. I'd still prefer a pasty, slightly flabby, funny Irish man to an Italian stallion though - e.g. http://crossfitatlanta.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/29/p7280065_2.jpg

/shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Scambuster

Dudess wrote: »
    Nnnnnnnnot totally true - the "majority" stuff especially. And Irish men are from the same gene-pool/live the same lifestyle yadda yadda. I'd still prefer a pasty, slightly flabby, funny Irish man to an Italian stallion though - e.g. http://crossfitatlanta.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/29/p7280065_2.jpg

/shudder
    No, Irish men are more active. Irish women have very low participation rates in sport from their teenage years. That was one thing I noticed when going abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

^^^

I predicted it as sure as night follows day - just not so soon... :o
    Scambuster wrote: »
    No, Irish men are more active. Irish women have very low participation rates in sport from their teenage years. That was one thing I noticed when going abroad.
    To be fair, that's a good point - and it's great how guys have five-a-side etc which is a social get-together as well as a way of keeping fit. We go to dance classes all right but only in very small groups, and if one can't make it, the class manages fine without her, as in the class doesn't depend on everyone being there.
    But the consumption of high quantities of beer, breakfast rolls, chips, take-aways - this is hardly just the preserve of Irish women. And when it comes to obsessing over calories, having just salad for lunch etc, this seems more of a girlie than male thing.
    I find Irish women scary, if a truck or a train rammed into them it would only cause brusing - they have that much lard on them. Seriously are there any women who are size 8's or 10's in this country?
    Yes. Your imagination is running away with you - this is Ireland, not Mississippi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Irish women do not deserve us.

Yes, that's why we are so dismissive to you in clubs. Because deep down, we know we aren't good enough. Obviously the better genes go straight to the males here. Even our DNA is sexist!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thats just something fat women say to make themselves feel better about their options.
    Shouldn't you be posting in that other stupid thread you have open and ignored :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

There's about 300 staff at my place, and honest to god my standards aren't that high, but there's like 2 or 3 max that I would bang, girls that is. And I've already been with one of them. In fact she's the only one I can think of I'm assuming there must be 1 or 2 more.
    So maybe we are all ugly. No that's harsh, but per capita we probably don't have as many pretty people as other countries for whatever reasons. I stay in good shape though it's the least we could do to make up for our pastiness etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I think Google is being a bit racist to us Irish:rolleyes: And OP did you say that Cork is not really Ireland or did I misunderstand that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I don't think we are the worst, I could think of many other countries that have it worse. We weren't fortunate enough to have the weather is all.

Some Irish women are stunning though and boy do they know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BrenRilley

The Irish ugly!!!!!:mad:
    Colin Farrell,ugly? NO!
    Sinead O'Connor,ugly? NO!
    Brendan Rilley,ugly? NO!
    We are the nation of beautiful people,poetry,song and philososphy
    The Heathen English are a race of mongrels,war lovers and haters

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Logical first post :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

My internets says this:

why are
    4kgnz8.jpg

and this:

why are i
    2ngqwjt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

BrenRilley wrote: »
    The Irish ugly!!!!!:mad:
    Colin Farrell,ugly? NO!
    Sinead O'Connor,ugly? NO!
    Brendan Rilley,ugly? NO!
    We are the nation of beautiful people,poetry,song and philososphy
    The Heathen English are a race of mongrels,war lovers and haters
    Give it a rest would ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Alana_linux

maybe coz they have a down syndrome ? or maybe coz they are an alcoholics and heavy smokers ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement