Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

Looking at it from an Irish mans perspective i agree that there are very few good looking Irish girls ( most of them look butch with lip hair ,and bad odour ,and no personality ).You can spend a whole day in central Dublin of a Saturday without seeing one stunner .If you do they are probably British ,French or Italian etc
    Here in Thailand where i live now there are at least a few stunners to be seen per hour in any crowded area .They are also more feminine and have a personality .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dcmu

anto2 wrote: »
    L
    Here in Thailand where i live now there are at least a few stunners to be seen per hour in any crowded area .They are also more feminine and have a personality .

But what about the women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BennyBlanko

The question on this thread was "Why are Irish people so ugly?"

Can we not leave Johnny Ronan out of this FFS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nope. In an English night club recently some Brit said to me 'you're too pretty to be Irish'. We are seen as ugly :(
    That was ONE person, who was being a wanker. It hardly means "we're seen" as ugly.
    rossie1977 wrote: »
    with men like pierce brosnan, Colin Farrell, Stuart Townsend, Cillian Murphy and jonathan rhys meyers i find that hard to believe, we irish men are in huge demand in hollywood
    I think it's more a case of good-looking men are in huge demand in Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

type "can a n" in to google

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

rossie1977 wrote: »
    with men like pierce brosnan, Colin Farrell, Stuart Townsend, Cillian Murphy and jonathan rhys meyers i find that hard to believe, we irish men are in huge demand in hollywood

And don't forget the fine specimans of irishness we are sending around the world this patricks day.

Brian Cowan in america and mary harney in new zeland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I don't think Irish people are ugly at all.
    Sure, you'll find "ugly" people here, but you can find them anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

dcmu wrote: »
    But what about the women?

They are also very beautiful on average ,but lack the big tits of the average Ladyboy .Glad you are so informed .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I've just seen this question when googling.

You'll find people in this part of the world thats unique. Stunning redheads etc.

And to the people who say its because we don't mix with others, well thats nonsense. Swedish people are generally regarded as being the best looking people and they're not mixed.

So its all nonsense and trust me I've got higher standards then most people!
    brummytom wrote: »
    As an outsider; Irish people aren't ugly.. it's just some weird inferiority complex you've got going on

Indeed. Some people have different ideas. I once heard somebody say they Germans are ugly but I tend to have the opposite opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

what I have noticed compared to other countries is that Irish TV soaps will have very average looking people on them while other countries only have above average looking people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

"Why does everyone want to be Irish"...

Well? :P

We are a race of extremely sexy feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I get the usual ones mentioned early in the thread but this other one, I'm saving for a rainy day:
    Why did the chicken cross the road.

People are actually putting this into google ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Google "why is there.......

A dead Pakistani on my couch.....:D:D

type "can a n" in to google

You've got the pick of some doozys in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

small gene pool = too inbred.

"can a b"
    Can a baby have an erection

I could do this all day....and I will:)

"Cancel my appointments, I've got work to do!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BongoJuice

Poor diet and rotten luck with our ancestry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

The following link is proof that, in England at least, there exists an underclass of people, a high proportion of whom have a horrible physical appearance. These people tend not to work, tend to cheat on their partners, tend to abuse drugs and alcohol, tend to have kids young and often and tend to have high rates of criminal activity.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-stunners-of-Jeremy-Kyle/330422406140#!/pages/The-stunners-of-Jeremy-Kyle/330422406140?v=photos

People from the actual working-class and middle class want nothing to do with these scrawny,toothless scumbags and greasy-haired, obese cows and so the members of this underclass tend to exclusively procreate with one another. As a result, their children tend to possess many of the undesirable physical traits of their parents and the cycle perpetuates. Obviously the environment they grow up in is as heavy, if not a heavier, determanent of how their peronality will develop but they still inherit their rough appearance from their parents.

From walking around Dublin and other towns of this country, I believe that such an underclass also exists, but to a much lesser degree. The true scumbag appearance seems to be confined, in this country, to areas of inner city Dublin ie. heroin addicts.

Apart from these people, and ignoring the numbers of overweight people, I believe that Irish people and English people have a high proportion of attractive people in the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The following link is proof that, in England at least, there exists an underclass of people, a high proportion of whom have a horrible physical appearance. These people tend not to work, tend to cheat on their partners, tend to abuse drugs and alcohol, tend to have kids young and often and tend to have high rates of criminal activity.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-stunners-of-Jeremy-Kyle/330422406140#!/pages/The-stunners-of-Jeremy-Kyle/330422406140?v=photos

People from the actual working-class and middle class want nothing to do with these scrawny,toothless scumbags and greasy-haired, obese cows and so the members of this underclass tend to exclusively procreate with one another. As a result, their children tend to possess many of the undesirable physical traits of their parents and the cycle perpetuates. Obviously the environment they grow up in is as heavy, if not a heavier, determanent of how their peronality will develop but they still inherit their rough appearance from their parents.

From walking around Dublin and other towns of this country, I believe that such an underclass also exists, but to a much lesser degree. The true scumbag appearance seems to be confined, in this country, to areas of inner city Dublin ie. heroin addicts.

Apart from these people, and ignoring the numbers of overweight people, I believe that Irish people and English people have a high proportion of attractive people in the population.

Thanks, thanks a lot now how am I supposed to sleep with those horrid images in my brain? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BongBoyJay

Cos were born n breed on Spuds & cabbage.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Kanye wrote: »

I'm ruddy-faced, hairy and pale but still incredibly beautiful by international standards.

I've heard of oxymorons, but as the fat woman said to the dietician, in terms of keeping the weight off, I take the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dudess wrote: »
    I understand there's a particular stereotypical "look" but that's the stuff of comedy, piss-taking etc, which is fair enough, but realistically there is major diversity among Irish people in terms of how they look.

I always thought that too until I moved overseas and you really can spot an Irish person a mile away. There may be slight differences but essentially we adhere to the stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I always thought that too until I moved overseas and you really can spot an Irish person a mile away. There may be slight differences but essentially we adhere to the stereotype.

they're the ones with the pasty white skin and bad dress sense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'm presuming someone has made an "Imma let you finish" joke at this stage??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

We're better looking than the eskimos.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Partly this plus I reckon hotness is related to access to sunshine. There isn't enough goddamn sunshine in Ireland.

I'm pure Irish. 7 gen Dub one side, Meath and Donegal the other.

One of my mates on holiday a few years ago told me I looked Dutch.

Dutch!!??

I didn't know that Dutch people had 'a look'?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nulty wrote: »
    I'm pure Irish. 7 gen Dub one side, Meath and Donegal the other.

One of my mates on holiday a few years ago told me I looked Dutch.

Dutch!!??

I didn't know that Dutch people had 'a look'?

You'd neglected to get the round in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wouldn't be far from the truth :D Mixed race kids can often be stunning looking. Of course we'll all be the one race eventaully in such a small world.

• Advertisement

You'd neglected to get the round in

OI! Thats my Dutch heritage you talking about there!:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement