Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Its an inbuilt defence mechanism. The uglier you are, the less chance there is of being rogered by a priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

It doesn't come up if you try on google.com

That said, the 4th suggestion down on google.com is "Why can't I own a Canadian" so obviously different places have different pressing issues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

I'm fully Irish on both sides, but somehow i'm very tanned, have dark brown hair and eyes and am small (typical Irish trait) but my features don't look Irish or anything. And before anyone says it I'm sure that I'm not adopted and that my parents are my parents!!

grand, are you legal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

brummytom wrote: »
    As an outsider; Irish people aren't ugly.. it's just some weird inferiority complex you've got going on
    Being told you're not ugly by the English is like being told you're not a bad dad by Josef Fritzl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

But my Mom says I'm beautiful......

Are you calling my Mom a liar?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

genericguy wrote: »
    nope, it's actually the case. neh neh!

You roll with that so dude!

But my Mom says I'm beautiful......

Are you calling my Mom a liar?!

Pretty much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I'm fully Irish on both sides, but somehow i'm very tanned, have dark brown hair and eyes and am small (typical Irish trait) but my features don't look Irish or anything. And before anyone says it I'm sure that I'm not adopted and that my parents are my parents!!

Do you have a family tree going back 400 generations or so? What do you consider Irish features to be? Seriously interested as I've been reading some books on genetics and ancestry.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Kanye

As an outsider; Irish people aren't ugly.. it's just some weird inferiority complex you've got going on
    16-year-old guys tend to be attracted to pretty much anything. So sorry, your vote doesn't count.

Osu wrote: »
    Pretty much!

I'm telling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

grainne seoige!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭AttackThePoster

Cringing at genericguy here.

Continue.

I'm telling!

You do that. And see what happens to you... Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭kpbdublin

Too many deep fried burgers and toxic beer

Osu wrote: »
    You do that. And see what happens to you... Yeah.

Um.....what?

I'm telling!
    She's also ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Cringing at genericguy here.

Continue.

:p

SugarHigh wrote: »
    She's also ugly.

Awwwwww.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

If I type 'why' into the Google search bar on my browser the top suggestion is 'why are black people so loud' in second place we have 'why can't I own a Canadian' and in a respectable third, 'why is my poop green'

true story

Google really is a mine of information

Our low genetic diversity increases the chances that reccessive mutations will show themselves (and many of these cause decreased attractiveness). In people with a more diverse genetic heritage many of these ugly genes remain unexpressed giving them a more attractive appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Blame your ma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

genericguy wrote: »
    gettin' desperate brum?
    If by desperate, you mean aroused; then yes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its to do with centurys of eating nothing but potatoes, eventually we began to get heads like spuds

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Lux23 wrote: »
    I'm glad I am not full Irish, gives me a nice smug feeling. I still could be ugly.

Nobody has offered to put a bit more Irish in you :confused:.
    What's happening to AH, where has the sweaty desperation of the internet gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

RayM wrote: »
    And if you type "Why are" into Google, the second suggestion is "why are the irish impervious to psychoanalysis".

Fück you, Freud. Fück you.
    If I type 'why' into the Google search bar on my browser the top suggestion is 'why are black people so loud' in second place we have 'why can't I own a Canadian' and in a respectable third, 'why is my poop green'

true story

Google really is a mine of information
    Kanye wrote: »
    107449.JPG

(^^^If you type "why" into google.ie. For some reason, typing "why" then space this question moves up one.)

I was having a conversation with a stunning girl from Cork (i.e. not really Ireland) about why people from Ireland are ugly. The conversation originated from a Romanian (i.e. not Roma) taxi driver with extensive knowledge.

I'm ruddy-faced, hairy and pale but still incredibly beautiful by international standards. So, what's the story?

Edit: link fixed.

Google chooses its suggested questions based on location, search history and browsing history. It says way more about the person getting the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Google chooses its suggested questions based on location, search history and browsing history. It says way more about the person getting the results.

What suggestions do you get when you type 'why' into your browser search box?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

and people call that 'ugly' :(

OT:
    OP pics or gtfo!!(has to be done i suppose?:P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

10,000 years of cold hard wind, constant rain and eating nothing but spuds isn't the ideal conditions for beauty!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I don't find Irish people ugly. Yeah if i was to just look at the scangers walking around the place i'm sure i would think that. There are some great looking women here but the average girl is just well....average. Wouldn't label them ugly. Although i find a lot of girls are over weight. I reckon that's to do with the climate and the diet. When it's warm for a good part of the year and you have to wear less clothes you tend to exercise more. Also with the drink culture here there is a lot of eating fast food. And it is eating it at the wrong time too. Right before bed where you won't be burning any of it off. Also Ireland pretty much has only one lineage. Whereas somewhere like America is such a mix of races that some exotic looking gems pop up. Same for England and Australia. Immigration is relatively new for here.

A lot of it is all relative though. I'd be considered exotic here but stick me in any Spanish speaking country and i'm just an average guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Atlantic weather.
    Look what it's done to our coastline. Would be surprising if it didn't do a job on our features as well.

• Advertisement

lugha wrote: »
    Atlantic weather.
    Look what it's done to our coastline. Would be surprising if it didn't do a job on our features as well.
    Iceland seems to be doing fine.
    http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh3/ChatBot_aBe/IcelandicGirl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement