Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

fedor.2 wrote: »
    Blackpitts,you're not a taxi driver are ya?

no, but i'm a pimp, why? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Because the Vikings kidnapped all the good looking Irish women and took them to Iceland donkeys years ago. Fact

been to iceland and ..... sheesh something must of gone wrong with that plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Blackpitts wrote: »
    i don't think it's just a fear of rejection to be honest.
    I've noticed that many beautiful girls are letting themselves go after they get married and have babies. I mean there is a huge difference between the number of stunning girls aged 18-28 and the one aged 29-39.
    Few friends of mine who were really foxy ladies became more similar to my old auntie after just 2 years of marriage and a baby.:p
    I know that the married life doesn't allow people to have a lot time to take care of themselves and the pregnancy is a huge stress for a woman's body but wherever i go (France, Italy, Spain etc..) i see many married women with children (aka MILFs :D) still attractive.

Anyway, what i said above is even worse when we talk about men.

Ah but you see when married and with babies,only person they want to think want them is their husbands,and rightly so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

caseyann wrote: »
    Ah but you see when married and with babies,only person they want to think want them is their husbands,and rightly so :D

not sure if the husbands are 100% happy with that tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Cue husband having an affair with a 22 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I never got this. Wouldn't you want to look nice for your husband? I've noticed when I'm dating someone I'm actually more careful about what I eat and working out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

its a bad diet and lack of simple exercise like walking.
    nobody walks in ireland, the public transport is so bad that having a car is essential for 90% of the population.
    couple that with the fact that every second establishment in ireland is either a chipper, chinese takeaway or pub and u have a recipe for obesity and bad skin.
    + the bad weather doesnt help, nobody ever has to show skin in ireland because its ****ing freezing, even on the "hottest" summer days in the year, therefore people can hide all sorts of misery underneath those clothes.
    thus...your answer....
    believe me lads, it aint the same here in spain :)
    its funny actually, my german cousin who's slightly older than me used to visit us in dublin every year or two and just last week i met up with him and he remarked at how irish women have almost inflated in general over the past 20 years.
    americanized/irish diet has killed any good looks we did have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

and also, not saying the men are any different...
    irish diets in general are disgusting really, male or female, in comparison to most other places in the world (with the obvious exception of america, england and probably canada + aus).

Blackpitts wrote: »
    not sure if the husbands are 100% happy with that tho ;)

Ah well i am sure those who get frumpy and sloppy their husbands arent micheal angelos david ;) unless you are speaking from personal experience,then if you are kick your wife in butt and bring her shopping and a bit of spa treatment.:p
    Cue husband having an affair with a 22 year old.
    For whom,Me? dont worry about my OH he is loyal and very happy with my assets :o
    I never got this. Wouldn't you want to look nice for your husband? I've noticed when I'm dating someone I'm actually more careful about what I eat and working out.

LMAO you think i was talking about myself.
    I always took care of myself and watched what i eat and worked out didnt do it when i was dating or for anyone but me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

If I type in "Why are Irish" they come up in the following order:

why are irish people so stupid
    why are irish people so white
    why are irish people alcoholics
    why are irish people so beautiful
    why are irish men so hot
    why are irish people so proud

So it's all plain sailing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

LMAO you think i was talking about myself.
    I always took care of myself and watched what i eat and worked out didnt do it when i was dating or for anyone but me.

That wasn't directed at you specifically; it was more a general comment on what seems to be an unfortunately common phenomenon.

That wasn't directed at you specifically; it was more a general comment on what seems to be an unfortunately common phenomenon.

What is women?who dont dress up and look good for their husbands all the time?
    Are you including men in that,how they get fat and dont look good for their wives?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What is women?who dont dress up and look good for their husbands all the time?
    Are you including men in that,how they get fat and dont look good for their wives?

Q. Why are married women heavier than single women?
    A. Because single women come home, take a look at what's in the fridge and go to bed. When married women come home, they check out what's in the bed and head straight to the fridge.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Q. Why are married women heavier than single women?
    A. Because single women come home, take a look at what's in the fridge and go to bed. When married women come home, they check out what's in the bed and head straight to the fridge.

Thats awful LMAO :D

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

That poll looks less than scientific

• Registered Users Posts: 38 springwell7616

Too many English genes, cause they're an ugly bunch!

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

I find that very hard to believe because English and Scottish people are practically the same people.

India number 8? :rolleyes:

I don't know how this study was done, or who took the study. But it would seem to me that they should take about 100 random people between ages of 20 and 40 (after 40 a poor diet might start to have a big impact and that's not what we're looking for). They should weigh between 130 and 180 pounds. All people sporting moustaches or something like that should be excluded, obviously all make-up is excluded. The people then should vote for each person from each country without knowing what country that person was from.

100 people from each country would be necessary, especially to separate out the England vs Scotland or England vs Wales. 100 is only 50 for each sex. It would barely be a couple for each type of look...: freckled, acne, long-nosed, large-eyebrowed, big round face, red-faced, skinhead, furrowed over nose, much facial hair, etc.

Blah, blah, blah, I know my post was boring but I'm just trying to talk about the realistic ways that you could do this study. I DOUBT they actually did all that, sometimes I would like to give them a smack for the things they do with things like obvious confounding factors. :rolleyes:

Too many English genes, cause they're an ugly bunch!

I'm living in England at the moment and I actually think they are a lot more attractive as a whole. Yeah there are a lot of Vicky Pollard types around but they are balanced out at the other end.

I always thought of the Irish and English as being from the same genetic stock but being over here has made me appreciate the difference between Celtic and Anglo-Saxon genes. There's a lot more people with sallow complexions here and the skin quality in general seems to be better. I also think that people dress better over here as well.

Previously I lived in New Zealand and that's another jump again. One of the things I really noticed there is how few teenagers smoked and also how I hardly ever saw any beer bellies. The diet and lifestyle there is entirely different as well.

Most New Zealander's trace their ancestry to these islands so it really made me think of how Irish people could look if we took better care of ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I've done quite a bit of travelling and in all honesty there are quite a few stinkers in all countries. I'd say in terms of percentage of population Ireland holds its own - and I'd be surprised if there is a large variance.

USA gets a good rep for looks but it is very regionalised and they also have a large population from which to pick the camera friendly people. The good looking people there are more likely to take pride in their appearance rather than having natural genetics.

Teeth whitening, braces, good diet, pride and style can make many people quite attractive.

I'd say Irish peoples 'lack of attractiveness' is more due to lack of pride in appearance rather than poor genetics.

Ireland is also a small country so we have a smaller pool to pick out our beauties from.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Ireland is also a small country so we have a smaller pool to pick out our beauties from.

and we're inbred

pmcmahon wrote: »
    and we're inbred

Speak for yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Speak for yourself.

i am,and you too stop being so ungrateful jaaayyysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

"Ugly" is subjective. I for instance, like Asians, and I can guarantee that somebody reading this doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 martaphal

now on a very very boring night i managed to read through the whole thread! several things:
    - inbreed (for sure)
    - unbeneficial lifestyle (sure)
    - tough luck with genes in the first place (sure)
    - radon radiation (not helping)

that's that. i'm quite well traveled and i must say the average irish person is well let's say not as good looking as say a lot of other people in europe. but even with bad preconditions as mentioned, the bad dress sense doesn't help either. don't get me wrong, sure there are stunners and the opposite as everywhere else. but look at the saturday night out:

there are girls dressed a tiny bit better than hookers (sorry), a whole make-up shop in the face, trying to pull (a decent guy) and then wondering why the lads think they're easy to get? with the girls i often miss a certain amount of style, elegance and i don't know, it's hard to describe. someone earlier mentioned a lack of down to earth mentality. it's true. it's just over the top. going into a tiny pub in the midlands dressed up like a beauty queen in a way too short and tight skirt... and even during the week, someone else put it very nicely, the fat squeezed out on the waist (a waist, which is basically non-existent anyway with irish build unless with stick monsters) or something... sometimes one should just face truth and buy the size that fits! and the lads, well. they are certainly a lot more laid back, sometimes too much. i honestly do not know what it is, but there's something wrong in this country.

also everyone always says everything is good craic and whatnot. irish also come along quite superficial and dull a lot of times, but i don't think that's something the folks are quite aware of. big turn-off though!

some features sure the irish can't do a lot about, but do you have to present the more disadvantageous ones so offensively????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I am not ugly! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

martaphal wrote: »
    now on a very very boring night i managed to read through the whole thread! several things:
    - inbreed (for sure)

that's that. i'm quite well traveled and i must say the average irish person is well let's say not as good looking as say a lot of other people in europe. but even with bad preconditions as mentioned, the bad dress sense doesn't help either. don't get me wrong, sure there are stunners and the opposite as everywhere else. but look at the saturday night out:

there are girls dressed a tiny bit better than hookers (sorry), a whole make-up shop in the face, trying to pull (a decent guy) and then wondering why the lads think they're easy to get? with the girls i often miss a certain amount of style, elegance and i don't know, it's hard to describe. someone earlier mentioned a lack of down to earth mentality. it's true. it's just over the top. going into a tiny pub in the midlands dressed up like a beauty queen in a way too short and tight skirt... and even during the week, someone else put it very nicely, the fat squeezed out on the waist (a waist, which is basically non-existent anyway with irish build unless with stick monsters) or something... sometimes one should just face truth and buy the size that fits! and the lads, well. they are certainly a lot more laid back, sometimes too much. i honestly do not know what it is, but there's something wrong in this country.

also everyone always says everything is good craic and whatnot. irish also come along quite superficial and dull a lot of times, but i don't think that's something the folks are quite aware of. big turn-off though!

some features sure the irish can't do a lot about, but do you have to present the more disadvantageous ones so offensively????
    You've a knack for observing and analysing species, you should apply to be David Attenborough's replacement when he retires.

Your post will get plenty of thanks from self-hating Irish people though in fairness...

- inbreed (for sure)

Oh GOD.... why did you have to bump this weeks old nonsense again.................. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

- inbreed (for sure)

and the way you put it isnt offensive at all ?? get a grip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Well, it's hardly being broken up with frequent sex by the sounds of things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement