Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The Polish eh, come over here, slag our women off, eat all our swans, take our jobs, buy all the Puma trainers from our sports shops......

:p

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Still a bit harsh!

And don't get me started on the Latvian girl at work that told me I was fat and needed to go on a diet. And came in the next day with a DIET PLAN for me. argh!

Ask to see her 'papers' :p
    The cheeky moo!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Still a bit harsh!

And don't get me started on the Latvian girl at work that told me I was fat and needed to go on a diet. And came in the next day with a DIET PLAN for me. argh!
    No offence to you but people here should watch out what they eat. I know its not my business but its good to see somebody taking care of themselves and their body.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Still a bit harsh!

That's daft(I don't like "curvy" and you're anything but fat) and not a little rude. Cultural diff maybe? I've gone out with a couple of eastern European women and I did notice that kind of upfront thing going on. Particularly around diet/weight. The "oh you're getting a bit fat/hit the gym time" I heard almost the exact same convo as yours between another Latvian woman and her mate. That's a tiny sample though so maybe we just met two mad wans. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

No offence to you but people here should watch out what they eat. I know its not my business but its good to see somebody taking care of themselves and their body.

I don't watch what I eat one bit, but I'm not fat at all! I'm borderlining on underweight for my height. That's why I was so shocked! Oh well.

• Advertisement

I don't watch what I eat one bit, but I'm not fat at all! I'm borderlining on underweight for my height. That's why I was so shocked! Oh well.

Give her a boot in the flaps and tell her to mind her own business!
    Tomorrow bring in a leaflet for one of those 'Anorexia Helplines' on it for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Haha. Flaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Mammy says I'm handsome and ceeeeewl!

Then the public chased me back into the sewers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Dean Roche wrote: »
    I have travelled to a lot of European countries and lived in a few and I never seen alcohol abused the way it is abused in Ireland. Many pubs in Ireland are open from morning to night 7 days a week, as I said before in the 21st century they are a drinking culture but other European nations have a far more mature attitude to alcohol than the Irish overall . People from other European countries like their few drinks on the weekend but with Irish it is 7 days a week, it don’t stop.

Yes and no. I've lived in Spain (and am there now), and people drink seven days a week. They take a drink with their 11am ham sandwich, have wine with the 2pm dinner, have a drink after work with some tapas, and will have another drink in the evening with supper or pintxos. A lot of older Spanish men will take a splash of whiskey in their morning coffee (the bars in working class neighborhoods are open at 7am). Spaniards drink all day, every day; my office in Madrid even had beer in the vending machine. The main difference with Ireland, however, is that people drink with food, and don't have that many drinks at one time; it's spread out. Also the glasses are usually pretty small.

So the end result is that a Spaniard may have four small units of alcohol over the course of the day that they pair with olives, fresh bread and ham, while an Irish person may have four pints in two hours and finish the night with a greasy 2,000 calorie carry-out. Is it any wonder then that this has an affect on the appearance of Irish 20 to 30-somethings? Even taking into account that Spaniards are generally smaller-framed than Irish people, the drinking lifestyle does make a difference in appearance (and behavior when out in public; frankly I think the crazed behavior that is so visible in Dublin on a Friday or Saturday night is more unattractive than any physical characteristics).
    You also have to remember in many countries around the world they are Irish bars for the Irish on the travel, you can find them all over the US Britain and mainland Europe! They are no Dutch bars, no polish bars, no British bars, no Spanish bars, no Danish bars, no Swedish bars, no Italian bars, it only takes the Irish to have Irish bars… it don’t take a genius to come up with a conclusion that Irish culture is based around alcohol.. is also a corrupt retrograde and very badly ran country when compared to the UK and other western European nations. I suppose you deny that also?

Oh, please. Spanish tapas bars are everywhere, German bars are pretty common as well, and Japanese sushi bars are ubiquitous in most large cities. Most other continental European countries have a cafe culture rather than a bar culture: you can order a beer or a drink if you want, but most people go to cafes to read, have coffee, or meet their friends without binge drinking being involved. Actually that was one of the things I felt was lacking in Ireland; yes there is a great pub culture, but if you want to meet friends, but don't necessarily want to drink, there aren't many options.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cochore

Irish girls are very attractive until their early 20s. They go downhill very rapidly after that. You can usually spot an Irish woman by the double chin and/or gunt.
    The majority of Irish women have double chins regardless of their weight or size. My guess is that it is a consequence of poor diet, lack of exercise and too much alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

So you like em young eh? Anything under 20? Jesus that doesn't leave a lot of legal women!

There are plenty of good looking women in their 20s, 30s and even 40s in this country.

Cochore wrote: »
    Irish girls are very attractive until their early 20s. They go downhill very rapidly after that. You can usually spot an Irish woman by the double chin and/or gunt.

"Gunt" is an interesting typo.

"Gunt" is an interesting typo.

Not a typo. Definition of gunt.

Cochore wrote: »
    Not a typo. Definition of gunt.

:eek:

Ewwww.

Well, you learn something new every day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 libs

aah irish people aint ugly... we are attracted to opposites thats all. I know plenty of Irish males that have women falling at their feet when they away from home...or so they say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

One thing people seem to be mixing up here slightly, being overweight and being ugly aren't neccessarily the same thing. I'm sure there's lots of skinny people that ou would find unattractive. While being overweight is generally not an attractive feature (some people have a bit of a fat fetish) it doesn't make a person ugly....it makes them fat.

OisinT wrote: »
    There are plenty of good looking women in their 20s, 30s and even 40s in this country.
    That's true - but most of them aren't Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Nerds on here watch too much tv and judge the average Irish person on the street against the beautiful people on tv. Go to America/UK and take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Ha, i cant believe this thread is still going, every country has ugly fu@kers and fat c@nts, get over it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Dean Roche

Wibbs wrote: »
    Eh don't see the relevance of the link?

Missing my point again. If crime is so high here why aren't the Garda themselves showing this in the crime figures?
    And as I said they're open for longer hours in most EU countries. Again being simplistic. Indeed I would say that more europeans would drink small amounts daily, whereas the Irish are bingers.

Of course they're open. Look lets make this simple; the availability of alcohol is not the problem in this country. Alcohol is more available in other countries. Basically you're guilty of the same simplistic thinking as the government you so detest. Hence alcohol is less available now than 5 years ago(shorter opening times for pubs and offies), yet the problem remains.

Then your claims of traveling extensively are overblown or you're guilty of the same lack of observational skills you are quick to find in others. The inclusion of British bars in your list, is alone grounds for suggesting that.

Yet when asked for links to stats to show this you link to another set of opinions, not facts. Like I said that's tabloid thinking and its way too prevalent for comfort these days.

Of course I know the meaning of political correctness in all its forms. Adding that I would be "PC" along with me not writing much is ironic indeed.

Is there corruption in Ireland? Yes of course. No nation is free of it. Are others as bad? Yep. Some are worse and some are better, but we are by no means the worst by any stretch. In Italy it's a national sport, there have been all sorts of scandals in Spain, to name but two. If anything I'd say we're not very good at it.

And again what is it with the affectation of the coloured fonts?

Irish bars are world renowned; we don’t see or hear of the German bars, Italian bars, Spanish bars or British bar est. When in the US and around the world we don’t see bars with the St George cross or the union jack but its not uncommon to see pubs around the world with paddy names green and all things resembling Irish. As I said it don’t take a genius to come up we conclusion that Irish culture is based around alcohol

The smoking ban really shows up Ireland ’s dreadful alcohol problem when you see people sucking on their smokes outside a pub at 11:00 in the morning during the week!

I have travelled and lived around and I don’t see the Germans or Spanish stuck in pubs every day and night, sure mainland Europeans like their few on the weekend but with the Irish it never stops! It’s always an excuse to drink either out or at home, it’s called alcoholism…

Yes you’re right some nations have higher corruption that others, you have just proving my point! Ireland is indeed a very corrupt country without doubt the most corrupt country in Western Europe by far. But not just corrupt but incompetent, they can’t even run a little island sized country right with just over 4 million natives in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

brummytom wrote: »
    As an outsider; Irish people aren't ugly.. it's just some weird inferiority complex you've got going on

That'll be the brits and churches fault :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I blame fake tan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Dean Roche

Wibbs wrote: »
    Eh don't see the relevance of the link?

Missing my point again. If crime is so high here why aren't the Garda themselves showing this in the crime figures?
    And as I said they're open for longer hours in most EU countries. Again being simplistic. Indeed I would say that more europeans would drink small amounts daily, whereas the Irish are bingers.

Of course they're open. Look lets make this simple; the availability of alcohol is not the problem in this country. Alcohol is more available in other countries. Basically you're guilty of the same simplistic thinking as the government you so detest. Hence alcohol is less available now than 5 years ago(shorter opening times for pubs and offies), yet the problem remains.

Then your claims of traveling extensively are overblown or you're guilty of the same lack of observational skills you are quick to find in others. The inclusion of British bars in your list, is alone grounds for suggesting that.

Yet when asked for links to stats to show this you link to another set of opinions, not facts. Like I said that's tabloid thinking and its way too prevalent for comfort these days.

Of course I know the meaning of political correctness in all its forms. Adding that I would be "PC" along with me not writing much is ironic indeed.

Is there corruption in Ireland? Yes of course. No nation is free of it. Are others as bad? Yep. Some are worse and some are better, but we are by no means the worst by any stretch. In Italy it's a national sport, there have been all sorts of scandals in Spain, to name but two. If anything I'd say we're not very good at it.

And again what is it with the affectation of the coloured fonts?

Tabloid thinking are you really pretending to be thick or are you that thick? You don’t pick up on things too well do you? I don’t go by tabloid thinking, I bass things on observation and observation only and reach a conclusion mate! I taught I pointed this out to you? In fact the Irish mainstream media for the most part glamorize crime and scum in Ireland instead of exposing them as the retarded menace they are.

The country is rampant with drug and criminal gang’s, towns and city’s are awash with heroin Dublin in particular. Not just this but the country has a disproportionate about of knackers scum and a menace that you just do not find in any other European race.

As for crime in Ireland it very high for its very small population, maybe if that poor Swiss teenager knew the truth about the high crime rates on this little island maybe she would be still alive today

The Italian student violently attacked by Irish knackers and left brain damaged and paralyzed for life

The female eastern European artist apartment broken into and got for fingers cut off for her money cards and jewellery

The 2 polish men brutally murdered when violently attacked and stabbed with a screwdriver by filthy Irish knackers

Dying female British tourist after getting hit by a bus gets her hand bag robed by filthy Irish knackers, how low can you go!

Keith Barry’s grandfather kicked toe death by Irish knackers in broad daylight at his Waterford home; in addition to that he was intimated by the retarded menace beforehand. Keith Barry called for the mob rule Irish government to bring in the much needed proper law and order to this island but it all fallen on their deaf spud packed ears as it always do.

I could list endless stories like this but it’s just too much to mention, just too much to write!

Speaking of violent crime in Ireland a poor polish man was again brutally assaulted for no reason and left fighting for his life because of the Irish knacker menace, the menace you see too often across this country

What did the ugly attacker look like? Big jaw, muzzle gob, sloped wrinkled forehead holding in his tiny inbreeded thick Celt Neanderthal frontal lobes, the typical Irish knacker tribe extraction what else is new

You just keep telling yourself that this little island has low crime rates

Just keep telling yourself that!

I have travelled and lived around and I don’t see the Germans or Spanish stuck in pubs every day and night, sure mainland Europeans like their few on the weekend but with the Irish it never stops! It’s always an excuse to drink either out or at home, it’s called alcoholism…

HA!!! What the hell part of Spain were you in? Obviously not Madrid, where the local bars open at 7am so you can get your cafe con whiskey.

Dude, let it go. People in other countries DO drink, and drink quite a bit. Irish bars are famous internationally because of the craic, their welcoming nature, and the fact that they get a satellite feed so you can watch NBA basketball and the Premier League/La Liga no matter where you are in the world. Actually that's the reason why they are proliferating in Spain: traditional Spanish bars don't have 8 television screens with multiple live feeds, so when Irish bars first appeared on the scene, they made money hand over fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Because your parents had sex???

Kanye wrote: »
    107449.JPG

(^^^If you type "why" into google.ie. For some reason, typing "why" then space this question moves up one.)

I was having a conversation with a stunning girl from Cork (i.e. not really Ireland) about why people from Ireland are ugly. The conversation originated from a Romanian (i.e. not Roma) taxi driver with extensive knowledge.

I'm ruddy-faced, hairy and pale but still incredibly beautiful by international standards. So, what's the story?

Edit: link fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Argggh......

Argggh......

Argggh......

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100108063233/uncyclopedia/images/archive/b/b5/20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Irish bars are world renowned; we don’t see or hear of the German bars, Italian bars, Spanish bars or British bar est. When in the US and around the world we don’t see bars with the St George cross or the union jack but its not uncommon to see pubs around the world with paddy names green and all things resembling Irish. As I said it don’t take a genius to come up we conclusion that Irish culture is based around alcohol

The smoking ban really shows up Ireland ’s dreadful alcohol problem when you see people sucking on their smokes outside a pub at 11:00 in the morning during the week!

Yes you’re right some nations have higher corruption that others, you have just proving my point! Ireland is indeed a very corrupt country without doubt the most corrupt country in Western Europe by far. But not just corrupt but incompetent, they can’t even run a little island sized country right with just over 4 million natives in it.
    i was in a greman bar before they do actually exist.
    ireland the most corrupt country in europe?hogwash
    did you ever here of a fealla called silvio berlusconi?
    bertie ahern would'nt even lace his boots!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

At least you've eased off on the loud noises. Though trying to quote you with the times new roman tags is a pain.
    Irish bars are world renowned; we don’t see or hear of the German bars, Italian bars, Spanish bars or British bar est. When in the US and around the world we don’t see bars with the St George cross or the union jack but its not uncommon to see pubs around the world with paddy names green and all things resembling Irish.
    You really do see what you want to see don't you. Yet accuse others of doing the same. Not uncommon. I've seen every single example you've so far given. British bars are all over the place. German style beer bars not that unusual. Spanish bars. less so but tapas joints sell grog too.
    More like our smoking problem. Like I say I have no idea where you've travelled but I've been out on a school night in quite a few european cities and the bars do a grand trade. Like southsiderosie in Madrid you can get a bevvie at all hours. Many places in the EU you will see on street beer vending machines.
    Good god, man, no one is denying the Irish have a problem with alcohol in certain quarters, but it's more recent than you think/know, others have alcohol problems(the EU drinks more alcohol than anywhere else on earth) and you're whipping yourself up into some ire based rant which simply doesnt fit the evidence.
    Yes you’re right some nations have higher corruption that others, you have just proving my point!
    How have I "just proving"(sic) your point.
    Ireland is indeed a very corrupt country without doubt the most corrupt country in Western Europe by far.
    Now your argument has become silly. Do you fit Italy into "western europe"? Corruption is a national sport. France? Where nepotism is almost enshrined in law. Spain? where on the misappropriation of land and funds by all sorts of local leaders was and is well dodgy(google corruption and Marbella for fun). Then there's some of the cops. Greece? Ah hahahhahahah yep, clean as a whistle they are. Give me an ever loving break.
    But not just corrupt but incompetent, they can’t even run a little island sized country right with just over 4 million natives in it.
    I'll give you incompetent. That said if you have traveled as much as you claim you will surely have observed that pretty much every nation on earth you visit you'll hear the same things from the natives. Its human nature.
    Tabloid thinking are you really pretending to be thick or are you that thick? You don’t pick up on things too well do you?
    No, you've rumbled me *drools on floor, while rocking back and forth*.
    I don’t go by tabloid thinking,
    Then why do you sound like one so precisely.
    I bass things on observation and observation only and reach a conclusion mate!
    I'm neither English, nor your friend, so lets drop the ould "mate" part shall we? If you're looking for aggressive effect, may I suggest "pal" as a more local example of the vernacular?
    I taught I pointed this out to you?
    Repeating something ad nuaseum doesnt make it any more of a fact.
    In fact the Irish mainstream media for the most part glamorize crime and scum in Ireland instead of exposing them as the retarded menace they are.
    Then stop reading tabloids and maybe you will sound less like one.
    The country is rampant with drug and criminal gang’s, towns and city’s are awash with heroin Dublin in particular. Not just this but the country has a disproportionate about of knackers scum and a menace that you just do not find in any other European race.
    Awash, give me a break. Heroin use is lower now than it has been for many a year. Its still too much, but again typical emotive tabloid reasoning. BTW european isnt a "race". Individual european nations are certainly not "races" either.
    As for crime in Ireland it very high for its very small population, maybe if that poor Swiss teenager knew the truth about the high crime rates on this little island maybe she would be still alive today
    No it is not. Clearly you dont understand statistics.

The female eastern European artist apartment broken into and got for fingers cut off for her money cards and jewellery
    The what now?
    ]Dying female British tourist after getting hit by a bus gets her hand bag robed by filthy Irish knackers, how low can you go!
    Links please.
    Keith Barry’s grandfather kicked toe death by Irish knackers in broad daylight at his Waterford home; in addition to that he was intimated by the retarded menace beforehand. Keith Barry called for the mob rule Irish government to bring in the much needed proper law and order to this island but it all fallen on their deaf spud packed ears as it always do.
    Oh like the recent defense of home bill? Spud packed ears? Jesus you really hate your "race" it seems.
    What did the ugly attacker look like? Big jaw, muzzle gob, sloped wrinkled forehead holding in his tiny inbreeded thick Celt Neanderthal frontal lobes, the typical Irish knacker tribe extraction what else is new
    Here comes the traveler rant a coming methinks.
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Yes yes I will! *ranty noises*

TL;DR? mikom summed it up.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Holy sh*t 44 pages!!!! We really are that ugly.

• Advertisement

karlog wrote: »
    Holy sh*t 44 pages!!!! We really are that ugly.

Well, at least you are chatty... :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement