Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Irish people so ugly?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

No, I don't believe this for a second, rubbish.

Actually, I was told first hand from a Finnish friend of mine the exact same thing, after living there for the first 20 years of her life, she made more male friends here in Ireland in 1 year. Apparently they tend to be cold and stick with there own gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Xcellor wrote: »
    Inbreeding is clearly to blame. Too many left or died during famine and cousins were married and in small communities that's gonna cause problems..............

I've never heard of cousins marrying cousins here. Granted, the gene pool was small but cousins marrying cousins? What's your source for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Noffles wrote: »
    There you go then.. a blondie from far away says Irish girls are prettier.... :rolleyes:

The difference between her and most of the experts here is she has actually lived in different countries.

I'd value her intelligent, well traveled opinion more than the bitter, self haters posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

Raekwon wrote: »
    Ireland on average aren't the best looking people in the world but I think that our personality more then makes up for it.

If you take Scandinavians for example, there is a very high percentage of stunningly beautiful people in counties up there but they are usually very odd with cold personalities and a dry sense of humour.

QFT. Cold...and I'm not talking about the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

MultiUmm wrote: »
    I've never heard of cousins marrying cousins here. Granted, the gene pool was small but cousins marrying cousins? What's your source for this?

Who said anything about marrying? ;)

(no incest)

• Advertisement

I'm living in England at the moment and I actually think they are a lot more attractive as a whole. Yeah there are a lot of Vicky Pollard types around but they are balanced out at the other end.

I always thought of the Irish and English as being from the same genetic stock but being over here has made me appreciate the difference between Celtic and Anglo-Saxon genes. There's a lot more people with sallow complexions here and the skin quality in general seems to be better. I also think that people dress better over here as well.

Previously I lived in New Zealand and that's another jump again. One of the things I really noticed there is how few teenagers smoked and also how I hardly ever saw any beer bellies. The diet and lifestyle there is entirely different as well.

Most New Zealander's trace their ancestry to these islands so it really made me think of how Irish people could look if we took better care of ourselves.

The demon drink plays it part.
    So do genetics, the Irish do have a fairly distinct genetic make-up.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20727770.201-first-irish-genome-sequenced.html

They're not fat they just all look really strong. Its bizarre. Must be something in the water.

Those strong bellies give it away everytime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Those states are also full of meth addicts who certainly aren't known for their high weight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

We live in a balanced world and to balance all the beautiful people in Australia, well there's Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 goodlookingman

Were not all ugly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Island nations and too much inbreeding over the last ten thousand years or so. Look at opposite areas like the Mediterranean where three continents have been merging since the fertile crescent.

If you travel around Japan, while you'll see some stunning looking women, you'll also see some incredibly ugly people from both sexes. Native Australians also come to mind since they were cut off 40,000 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

old_aussie wrote: »
    We live in a balanced world and to balance all the beautiful people in Australia, well there's Ireland.

the Aboriginals are an unusual and beautiful race alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Dean Roche

Were not all ugly :)

The average run of the mill Irish woman looks average looking and no better looking or worse than their first Scottish cousins, but we do have exceptional fine looking Irish girls, when you do get a good looking Irish woman they are very good looking, some of the most stunning looking woman I have ever seen ware harpish Irish woman.

As I can say for Irish men their overall dominating traits are ugly and unkempt, fresh clean cut healthy looking ones are noticeably a minority. The average Irish male bad skin that is dull crusty and prematurely aged, poor hygiene and a deplorable dress sense, as you can see their obvious love for tracksuit bottoms adds to their ugly looks. A lot of Irish male ugliness to an extent is genetics but most of it is brought on by neglecting their appearance and abusing themselves with very unhealthy lifestyles, the main factor alcoholism, but then again all those factors mentioned are mostly brought on by genetics.

You would rarely get an Irish male that looks after their physical appearance by exercising, eating well, dressing and grooming well and having a mature attitude to alcohol.

You constantly seen Irish woman that are dressed well groomed well and look well, only to be with a male partner that looks like a filthy haggard tramp or a lazy unkempt slob in a tracksuit bottoms. From my observations I can deduce that many Irish women have no pride or honour in themselves by having such low standard when it comes to men

I am an Irish male but I don’t look like a regular Irish male Celt, my surname Roche more than lightly indicates that I have some outside genetic material in my Irish blood, probably Anglo Norman and Frankish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Dean Roche wrote: »
    You constantly seen Irish woman that are dressed well groomed well and look well, only to be with a male partner that looks like a filthy haggard tramp or a lazy unkempt slob in a tracksuit bottoms. From my observations I can deduce that many Irish women have no pride or honour in themselves by having such low standard when it comes to men

seen, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Seriously, this guy is still here despite all the insulting drivel (without humour) directed at group after group...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

martaphal wrote: »
    right, now we all get together in a think tank and discuss, whose descendants most of the americans are...

I am thinking Anglo Saxon, German, and Scots-Irish. Certainly not Catholic Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I am extremely handsome.

Just sayin

Lol at the countless Irish people saying the Irish are ugly... surely your collective hotness has now rendered the theory invalid...? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sure I might as well join in with a lot of the generalisations going on in here. Show me a good looking Aussie and I'll show you a flying pig. Only place I've been in the world where people were p1ssing into a hand basin in the gents, a popular spot it was as well. The hand basin beside it had piece of sh1t floating in it. People dying with Cholera have more class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I am thinking Anglo Saxon, German, and Scots-Irish. Certainly not Catholic Irish.

Mexicans, Japanese, Chinese, Italians, Africans....eh do I need to go on :rolleyes:. You're thinking of 'white' (as much as that word is wrong in this context) Americans and a particular type of white person at that...

By the way, the Anglo-Saxons were a Germanic tribe in the Dark Ages...don't think they made it to America...

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Lol at the countless Irish people saying the Irish are ugly... surely your collective hotness has now rendered the theory invalid...? :confused:

As I said The average run of the mill Irish woman looks average looking and no better looking or worse than their first Scottish cousins, but we do have exceptional fine looking Irish girls, when you do get a good looking Irish woman they are very good looking, some of the most stunning looking woman I have ever seen ware harpish Irish woman.

As for Irish men most of them don’t even pass for average, they are ugly looking and dirty. Most Irish men don’t make the effort with their physical appearance have no class or dress sense, their love for wearing tracksuit bottoms everyday confirms that

The average Irish male, bad skin, sloped forehead with forehead wrinkles, big ugly jaw, thick looking and alcoholic prone. Dress sense p**s stained tracksuit bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

You mean all those beautiful Australians decended from the Irish convicts? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They're rideable.. but I couldn't spend a day with one. Balanced world indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

oh i like me some dirty lookin irish men hahahaahah:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭notonlybutalso

Aussies are **** every single one of them, and the women are all eight foot tall with size 12 feet. Hate aussies. And their stupid accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Raekwon wrote: »
    Ireland on average aren't the best looking people in the world but I think that our personality more then makes up for it.

If you take Scandinavians for example, there is a very high percentage of stunningly beautiful people in counties up there but they are usually very odd with cold personalities and a dry sense of humour.

You got that perfectly correct. Would extend that from Scandinavia throughout mainland western (Germany) and eastern Europe (right throughout Poland and Russia). Even a significant portion of English people are pretty dull, with monotonous boring voices, but constantly going on about being a little crazy and mad for having 'the craic'

Dean Roche wrote: »
    As for Irish men most of them don’t even pass for average, they are ugly looking and dirty. Most Irish men don’t make the effort with their physical appearance have no class or dress sense, their love for wearing tracksuit bottoms everyday confirms that. The average Irish male, bad skin, sloped forehead with forehead wrinkles, big ugly jaw, thick looking and alcoholic prone. Dress sense p**s stained tracksuit bottoms.
    Living in Ireland, I think it's fair to say I see a lot of Irish men, and the hugely insulting likes of the above is very much the exception rather than the rule.
    From what I see, most people in Ireland are average-looking - the vast, vast majority don't stand out as either ugly or very beautiful. I'm not saying it's shallow to notice how a person looks now and again - especially if their looks are noticeable (in a good or bad way) or to place an importance on physical attractiveness when it comes to the opposite sex, but some people on this thread seem to spend WAY too much time nitpicking people's appearances, dress sense etc.

You are very wrong, the amount of people that get this one wrong is astonishing! The Irish Catholics make up one of the biggest European groups in the US by far, the Irish Rcs constantly immigrated and had massive families and subsequently multiplied, most Irish settled in the big urban areas like NYC Chicago est., Boston would be the most Irish part of the US

The so called Scots Irish the proper name Scots, settled in the old south and the mountains, the rednecks and hillbillies in the old south are of Ulster Scottish and Scottish decent.

Dudess wrote: »
    Living in Ireland, I think it's fair to say I see a lot of Irish men, and the hugely insulting likes of the above is very much the exception rather than the rule.
    From what I see, most people in Ireland are average-looking - the vast, vast majority don't stand out as either ugly or very beautiful. I'm not saying it's shallow to notice how a person looks now and again - especially if their looks are noticeable (in a good or bad way) or to place an importance on physical attractiveness when it comes to the opposite sex, but some people on this thread seem to spend WAY too much time nitpicking people's appearances, dress sense etc.

I was talking about Irish men not woman; this is just my observations that’s all. As far as what I can see is most Irish men don’t look after themselves and their alcoholism and their terrible dress sense.

I have pointed out to you that most Irish girls are average looking and I have pointed to you that we also have a “fair share of very attractive Irish woman”. Most Irish woman do make the effort with their appearance but most Irish men don’t, so why do Irish woman put up with such laziness and slobbery from their men! For example today I seen this very attractive, well dressed, well groomed pretty Irish doll, but her male partner looked like an unkempt slob in a tracksuit bottoms! This is something I see almost constantly in this country!

Every god dam where you look in this country all you see is most men of all ages in “tracksuit bottoms” its everywhere! They wear them ever day! God is that all they can bloody wear?! Tracksuits make people look thick, lazy, dirty, cheep trashy, and slob like. You can spend 5K on a tracksuit bottoms and ya would still look like a pikey!

God you can get a 100 Irish men in one area and 70% of them would be in tracksuit bottoms Fact!

I am one of the minority of Irish men that actually wears proper clothes and looks after myself.

• Advertisement

:confused:

I know you were talking about Irish men. And I don't see this majority that you speak of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement