Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Keegan4 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering is it possible to turn down on-campus accommodation if offered it??

Yup, just reply to the email that you get and c say that you can't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Hey,

going into third year after being on erasmus last year.

Anyone looking for a house mate? I have a car if that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

Any first year business students willing to share a house pm me!!....going into finance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

Right lads I'm for Maynooth anyways in September and I badly need some accommodation. Come on and help me out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bioboy

1st year Biotech student, looking for somewhere to live, pm me if you want to share

• Advertisement

Got on campus!!! Big relief!!..:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

Didn't get on campus unfortunately , looking to share with someone don't really mind at this stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Css94

Hey didnt get campus, so looking for a room, single or double ensuite would be great! I'm a first year, female, 19. If anyone has anything let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

Going into first year arts and didn't get campus! I'm female, 19 and going crazy here looking for something! Someone helpppppppp!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 David J.

1st Year Music Tech Student looking for Room. Didnt get Campus Unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Ney luck getting campus here either. First year Engineering and my mate, first year science. We're a great pair of lads looking for somewhere to rest our heads and toast our bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

I love the way the thread has been flooded with new first year students. Bang on time boys and girls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

Didn't get campus! ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

Right well I suppose the best thing we can do is not to panic anyway :P ,

Have ye been ringing around or found anything?

Havent found anything myself but if say a group of us who have nothing atm wanted to let out a house together and split the rent thats an option we can consider? :)

Try not to worry I'm sure all will work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

Anyone have any idea how many people (roughly) get off the waiting list? I'm number 55..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

RTE news headline come the 1st of October;

"Homelessness figures in Maynooth skyrocket 1000%."

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Got campus, blow of not getting first choice softened somewhat for now. When do we find out where we'll be?

Got campus, blow of not getting first choice softened somewhat for now. When do we find out where we'll be?

Tomorrow via email, hope I get river or university apartments.... Great relief not having to go up and look for a place!!!...:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Izzy7

This house is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Izzy7

Hey there,
    We have a double sized room available in moyglare village, which is just a 5 minute walk from college and is the closest estate to college without it being on campus. It's 97 a week including electricity and the house itself is lovely and we have a garden. There are 4 of us and we are all girls going into second year. Please pm me if you are interested there is a sense of urgency, I have a few interests already, so please get onto me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Ah! An Arainn Mhor person :) spent years there as a student and two as cinnire... /ot
    MrNeeson wrote: »
    Right lads I'm for Maynooth anyways in September and I badly need some accommodation. Come on and help me out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

Ah! An Arainn Mhor person :) spent years there as a student and two as cinnire... /ot

hahah yes I live on Arranmore, but I'm from Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roses00

Need a girl to share a twin room,lookin like my only option now cus twin iis the only one Ive found free.. any girl who see's this up for it? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Omg didnt get campus, went up today and EVERYTHING is gone! :( ended up in a twin room :s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    Omg didnt get campus, went up today and EVERYTHING is gone! :( ended up in a twin room :s

Hey look on the bright side at least you have one!!

God I really need to get the finger out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Hey look on the bright side at least you have one!!

God I really need to get the finger out!!

ohhh jes I know ! If I left it a day later I dont think Id have somewhere to stay! Is it normally this busy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NiamhMoloney

Im looking for accommodation in maynooth but there is literally nowhere available, does anyone have any information or knows of people looking for someone to take a room??

waghag wrote: »
    That gives me hope. I'm still looking too and the list from the residence office is not great. The last listings added were all 25/26th August. I'm tempted to take a room in a house with professionals but I'm afraid that I'll miss out not living with other students esp. in first year.

I am in the exact same situation and also just set up this account to look at other peoples opinions on the matter. Only have one male friend going to maynooth and would really prefer living in a student house rather than digs!

Hey! I'd be willing to because i am stuck in the same position! Add me on facebook if possible cause i only just set up this account and i'm struggling to figure out how it works! :P is it in a house or digs??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Anyone have any idea how many people (roughly) get off the waiting list? I'm number 55..

would love to know the answer to this ....my daughter is 352, which i believe is the very last number ...im guessing she may abandon all hope and start looking at house sharing?

Advertisement