Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SiobhainD

Lads tell me I'm not the only first year who went for self catering? I'm staying with a young family with another first year who I've never met! Anyone have any experience of this kind of accommodation and what is it like in terms of independence?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

SiobhainD wrote: »
    Lads tell me I'm not the only first year who went for self catering? I'm staying with a young family with another first year who I've never met! Anyone have any experience of this kind of accommodation and what is it like in terms of independence?

My first year of college(not in Maynooth) I stayed in this kind of accomodation and loved it. Come and go as I wanted and if I wasn't going to be back for dinner(which did happen at times due to some sessions) I just let the family know minimum of an hour before 6 when dinner was due to be ready. Just have a good chat with the family about what they expect from you and be sure to ask any questions that you have. Things will settle down after a while.

Quite a lot depends on the other person your sharing the room with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jaffajaffa

Hey I mailed maynooth today to ask they add me to their self catering list, I have a twin ensuite room and one single room to let would suit females. Im 24 and also starting in maynooth next month studying Arts.I live in Leixlip bout 15 min walk to bus/train to Maynooth however I drive so if we were heading to col/home at the same time can give lifts. Pm me if any interest & could arrange for you to come and have a look at the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roisin Dela

First year music student desperately in need of accommodation!! Left it so late, anyone have space/looking to fill up a house or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fatbiker

My 2 housemates are leaving so have 2 bedrooms available in house share on pound lane 330 and 350 a month not including bills. 1 year lease with cheaper rent in July and no rent due in August.
    Sharing with me, i'm 22 years old, male, second year, easy going.

Looking for housemates who want a quiet house, would suit someone who has to knuckle down and work this year. Landlord says they don't want first years so basically not someone looking for a party house.

Great location, behind londis on the main street, like 2 mins walk from everything and bout 5 mins to college.

Loads of interest already so id kinda like to live with people with similiar interests. PM me anyway if interested.
    PM sent...if it's not too late..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 NicolaB94

Has anyone got any accommodation quite close to the college in maynooth? I'm 18, 1st year, desperately needing somewhere. I'm easy going, quiet enough, non-smoker, looking to house share if anyone has any rooms. Finding it quite difficult to find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbob181

I have a room in kingsbry. Rent is 70 per week plus electricity and broadband. Landlord pays for bins. I'm 22 doing law, the other two lads are both 23, ones doing buisness, the other does english. We are all going into our final year. All non-smokers, but if ya want to smoke it's ok. PM me if interested or if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Jimbob181 wrote: »
    I have a room in kingsbry. Rent is 70 per week plus electricity and broadband. Landlord pays for bins. I'm 22 doing law, the other two lads are both 23, ones doing buisness, the other does english. We are all going into our final year. All non-smokers, but if ya want to smoke it's ok. PM me if interested or if you have any questions.

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jessierex

My daughter going into 1st year Arts was lucky yesterday and secured accommodation in Beaufield . Can anyone tell me what the area is like ? She knows no one up there and will be sharing with 2nd years .#worried mum

Where did your daughter get her info to get a house in beaufield, cos I'm a new arts student too and I can't get accommodation anywhere! :(

• Advertisement

She got it off daft.ie . But the house is now full ,sorry about that . Good luck in your search , we spent 2 days in Maynooth looking for accommodation and its nearly impossible .It seems crazy such a big place with lots of housing estates and a shortage of houses for students .

Did you have things rang up before you went or was it just a case of looking on the internet while you were there just trying to find something. I know, I've been down in it and I'm going down again to look, it's so difficult.

Have heard from a few people that one of the reasons for the shortage of 3+ bed housing in Maynooth at present is because Intel in Leixlip are renting them for their workers and stockpiling them so that they are available for when new staff start. Massive construction work going on there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

SiobhainD wrote: »

A friend and I are doing the same thing secured our house yesterday.

Hoping that there won;t be much restriction or rules by the landlady, kinda had to take self catering because there really wasn;t much else at all :/

where did you end up living after?

NicolaB94 wrote: »
    Where did your daughter get her info to get a house in beaufield, cos I'm a new arts student too and I can't get accommodation anywhere! :(
    There is a house on daft.ie now

jessierex wrote: »
    There is a house on daft.ie now

What one is it?

Griffin Rath Hall.

Have heard from a few people that one of the reasons for the shortage of 3+ bed housing in Maynooth at present is because Intel in Leixlip are renting them for their workers and stockpiling them so that they are available for when new staff start. Massive construction work going on there at the moment.

You wouldn't happen to know of any accommodation going at all in the area though, would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jaffajaffa

You wouldn't happen to know of any accommodation going at all in the area though, would you?

Hi Nicola,

I put up a post a few posts back I have a twin en suite and one single room to let in my house in Leixlip,if your interested.

I have mailed Maynooth to add it to their self catering list, if your interested give be a pm.

Gillian.

Afraid not. Had rooms to let last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Heard that myself too. Bit ridiculous if true.

If you're having a lot of problems finding accom, the SU welfare officer might be another person to contact - (01) 708 3669 and vpwe@nuimsu.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9 niamhb1994

I know everyone is asking this but does anyone know of anywhere that has accommodation going in Maynooth? I never thought it would be so hard to find accommodation!

niamhb1994 wrote: »
    I know everyone is asking this but does anyone know of anywhere that has accommodation going in Maynooth? I never thought it would be so hard to find accommodation!

I'm in the same boat, I can't find anything! :(

its so annoying isn't it? are you a first year, yeah? I've been trying everywhere and there's literally nothing!

I'm in the same boat, I can't find anything! :(

its so annoying isn't it? are you a first year, yeah? I've been trying everywhere and there's literally nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 concus10

I'm in the same boat, myself and a mate looking for a house/two rooms, impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nameischloe

It's not normally this bad, is it? I've tried calling probably 20 or 30 numbers in the last couple of days, most rooms are taken up with one or two saying they already have people coming to look at the rooms. Bit panicked at this stage!

jessierex wrote: »
    Griffin Rath Hall.

is the house gone? i can't seem to find it on daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Where are people looking? Is it only on daft.ie or do they advertise in other websites etc?

• Advertisement

niamhb1994 wrote: »

yeah i'm a 1st year, it really is, i've rang so many places and no luck in any of them!!

Advertisement