Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Destiel

Where are people looking? The ones on the college website all seem to be gone... And the only ones on offer seem to have a thing against first years!

Might as well add female, 17 going into first year arts. Need accommodation as there's no way I can commute from Ennis! non-smoker and really would prefer a quiet house. Not one for parties, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bendover2

Hi Guys, 20 year old male, 2nd year arts student looking for anything at this stage! Anybody have any suggestions or does anybody want to join forces in the search for a place to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 niamhb1994

Everyone is doing this but its worth a try.
    18 year old primary school teaching student looking for a room in Maynooth!
    Anyone have a room or wants to join me in my search?(most likely won't be very successful!)

NicolaB94 wrote: »
    yeah i'm a 1st year, it really is, i've rang so many places and no luck in any of them!!

what are you gonna do? are you able to commute or were you planning on staying in maynooth? this is actually headwrecking, i'm so annoyed that basically no one got on campus!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NicolaB94

niamhb1994 wrote: »
    what are you gonna do? are you able to commute or were you planning on staying in maynooth? this is actually headwrecking, i'm so annoyed that basically no one got on campus!

I have to stay in Maynooth, it's too far for me to commute every day, I'm still ringing/emailing. I honestly don't know, I'm getting seriously stressed. Yeah I looked at the list and there was more on the waiting list then who actually got it...

• Advertisement

I have to stay in Maynooth, it's too far for me to commute every day, I'm still ringing/emailing. I honestly don't know, I'm getting seriously stressed. Yeah I looked at the list and there was more on the waiting list then who actually got it...

Yeah i'm ringing and emailing and everywhere seems to be gone. I went down to the college yesterday and they said that places will become available and not to panic, but I want it sorted now! do you have anyone to live with? yeah its ridiculous! the froebel college and intel are the reason there's less areas to live apparently! feel bad because i'm going to froebel there haha

Yeah i'm ringing and emailing and everywhere seems to be gone. I went down to the college yesterday and they said that places will become available and not to panic, but I want it sorted now! do you have anyone to live with? yeah its ridiculous! the froebel college and intel are the reason there's less areas to live apparently! feel bad because i'm going to froebel there haha

I was down in Maynooth yesterday looking and got nothing, felt like such a waste. So do I, like asap, I hate being uncertain about something so important. No I have no one to live with, going on my own :/ Oh well you can't help that but did hear about the intel, it's mad!

I was down in Maynooth yesterday looking and got nothing, felt like such a waste. So do I, like asap, I hate being uncertain about something so important. No I have no one to live with, going on my own :/ Oh well you can't help that but did hear about the intel, it's mad!

yeah same! really? i know a girl from here who's looking for accommodation and so am I, we could try a three bedroom place maybe?

yeah same! really? i know a girl from here who's looking for accommodation and so am I, we could try a three bedroom place maybe?

yeah I'm all by myself :P yeah that could work, if there's anything!!

yeah I'm all by myself :P yeah that could work, if there's anything!!

I'll pm you if I come across anything :P

• Advertisement

I'll pm you if I come across anything :P

I'll do the same. We'll get something, eventually :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

If people are panicking it moght be worth getting an estate agent in the town on the phone. There's bradys and Coonans I think? I'm sure a quick google will get the details. They might have stock before it goes up on daft. May be worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Phone numbers for estate agents

Bradys: 01 6510000
    Coonans: 01 628 6128 info@coonan.com

both are on the main street I think.

Hope yous all find something - it seems to be awful difficult this year :/ keep hounding at the residence office in the college too. 01 708 3322

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

Rang residence office and they said its mayhem up there and there's around 1000 students looking for accommodation and there's just nothing there for them and at this stage the best bet is to try get something in a nearby town like kilcock and get the bus in everyday :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Yeah Celbridge & Kilcock are very close by, Leixlip a bit further. Suppose if you were at college in Trinity or somewhere you'd have to get the bus as well as paying for accom so it's not too outrageous an idea but still...

If you're looking outside Maynooth, Celbridge or Leixlip would be best as I'm pretty sure there's no Dublin Bus service between Maynooth and Kilcock. Train goes to Kilcock but it's not hugely regular and the last one is at like 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jessierex

is the house gone? i can't seem to find it on daft.ie
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=732373

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bendover2

if anybody is interested in joining forces in for a house please reply . 20 Male 2nd year arts student !

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

bendover2 wrote: »
    if anybody is interested in joining forces in for a house please reply . 20 Male 2nd year arts student !

Anyone get housed in Rye?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aoife Hanlon

I know everyone is asking this but does anyone know of anywhere that has accommodation going in Maynooth? I never thought it would be so hard to find accommodation!
    I am exactly the same I'm 18 and starting primary school teaching cannot find a thing! It's kinda worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aoife Hanlon

Everyone is doing this but its worth a try.
    18 year old primary school teaching student looking for a room in Maynooth!
    Anyone have a room or wants to join me in my search?(most likely won't be very successful!)

I'm exactly the same 18 starting primary school teaching! I'll join you in your search

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Really wish I owned a house in Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

First year science student needing a room baaaaaadly..

Someone add me to their wolfpack and lets get a house together :)

MrNeeson wrote: »
    First year science student needing a room baaaaaadly..

Someone add me to their wolfpack and lets get a house together :)

The problem is is there's no houses available to rent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

shawnanana wrote: »
    The problem is is there's no houses available to rent!

I know right! It's getting so ridiculous at this stage, I'm going to be homeless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Might be worth checking out Drumcondra if ye are really stuck, easy commute from there. Obviously a last resort. I know 2 people that commute from there myself, 1 out of choice (living with friends going to DCU).

MrNeeson wrote: »
    I know right! It's getting so ridiculous at this stage, I'm going to be homeless :(

Same! Maynooth need to build more houses...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Can't believe how crazy it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

THFC wrote: »
    Might be worth checking out Drumcondra if ye are really stuck, easy commute from there. Obviously a last resort. I know 2 people that commute from there myself, 1 out of choice (living with friends going to DCU).
    Even yous can try looking anywhere along the train line.. Clonsilla, Castleknock, Coolmine, Ashtown, Broombridge, Drumcondra etc (more than likely I left something out but yous know what I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

jessierex wrote: »
    My daughter going into 1st year Arts was lucky yesterday and secured accommodation in Beaufield . Can anyone tell me what the area is like ? She knows no one up there and will be sharing with 2nd years .#worried mum

Hi there! My friend was in first year last year and he stayed in Beaufield Close with 4 second years. He got on great with them. I think if first years are put in with second years the second years can show them the ropes which is always a good thing. Beaufield is nice enough. There's a lot of amenities and stuff nearby and the train station and college are both nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Nicki20

I Think we should all just make a pact to move to the same suburb so that will have a nice network there at least :L

Advertisement