Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Tuesday is fine with me to. 31 from dub! 1st year law.

it might be handier if you both add me on facebook then we could have a group chat

deleted link as chainsofgold deleted their post for what I imagine was for the same reason

I dont do facebook!! hate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stacerz17

k added ya :)

When is everyone looking to move in??

I dont do facebook!! hate it!!
    ha ok, since we cant see you what are ya like to live with? any skeletons in your closet ;)

• Advertisement

When is everyone looking to move in??

well i start registration the 16th i think, ill be working right up to the 15th, so that evening i guess :)

stacerz17 wrote: »
    ha ok, since we cant see you what are ya like to live with? any skeletons in your closet ;)

My skeletons are well dead and buried!! :P OK ill log back on to facebook for a while, need to start a new one. mail me your address there. :)

My skeletons are well dead and buried!! :P OK ill log back on to facebook for a while, need to start a new one. mail me your address there. :)

haha well mine is https://www.facebook.com/MissDeBudlieAy

added you but because im never on it it will prob take ages to sort its self out

added you but because im never on it it will prob take ages to sort its self out

what's your views on partys :) also you smoke yeah?

• Advertisement

what's your views on partys :) also you smoke yeah?

Parties are fun as long as its not 5 days a week from the starting of October! I smoke yes but trying to give up and I never smoke inside anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Word of caution to everyone posting their facebooks, do so only after having considered the risks

Also welcome to our lovely lil newbies

Thwip! wrote: »
    Word of caution to everyone posting their facebooks, do so only after having considered the risks

Also welcome to our lovely lil newbies

shall keep this in mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Was talking to a couple of friends mine who work in Intel, they were saying that the company's taking any and all properties going. Even renting places when there's no one to live in them. Driving up prices and making it hard for poor students to find places. Best of luck to you all guys. BTW those two rooms I advertised earlier are both gone, stop sending me PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

19 year old 1st year student starting in September, Looking for a place to share , anybody else in the same boat?. Would like to think I'm a very genuine down to earth kinda guy, up for the bit of craic as well. If anybody is interested or knows of any rooms which are available to rent let me know thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Gaaah, I knew I should've started looking for accom ages ago! In the same boat as everyone else, looking for a room (preferably double). I'm 22, clean, and relatively quiet, starting first year primary education. Plus I like to bake, so if you were to share with me there'd be an endless supply of cookies and cakey goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

me!! i actually don't care who I have to live with

Ah jaysus thanks :(;)

And I would've replied to you stacer but I was at work and now its seems chains is in. Bloody work :P

But sure I'll put it up again sure:

Im 19, going into my second year in law. Im clean and sound, I guess. I like my music and my parties but not too much of either. PM me if looking for a housemate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

If anyone needs an extra person for a house PM me.
    I'm 17 (more mature than what the age usually suggests), going into 1st year and stuck for a room still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Whillikers

Hey guys, there's a nice 5 bed house very close to the college up online at the moment but I don't have nearly enough potential roommates to fill it up.

Its €450 a week for the house, and I was just wondering if we could organise something here, cause I wouldn't mind livin' with people here.

I'm a biological and biomedical science student going into my third year.

I'm up for the banter but also have studies on my mind this year so I know when to be quiet, anyone up for this, it's the first good thing I've seen in ages and don't want it to be snapped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

Whillikers wrote: »
    Hey guys, there's a nice 5 bed house very close to the college up online at the moment but I don't have nearly enough potential roommates to fill it up.

Its €450 a week for the house, and I was just wondering if we could organise something here, cause I wouldn't mind livin' with people here.

I'm a biological and biomedical science student going into my third year.

I'm up for the banter but also have studies on my mind this year so I know when to be quiet, anyone up for this, it's the first good thing I've seen in ages and don't want it to be snapped up.

€450 is a bit steep for me.. I'm looking for something up to €350ish a week (I'm broke like) haha

• Advertisement

Well split between five rooms, its only about 350 a month, if we throw some couples in the rooms, maybe that'd drop to 300/320, assuming that a couple wouldn't be paying an even split for just one room. It could work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Myself and my friends will be going to Maynooth (hopefully) this year and accommodation is giving us a headache. Some of them have scholarships so their places are guaranteed but it seems a bit risky for the rest of us hoping for on-campus accommodation. There'd be at least two of us but if we found a nice place there could be four or five. Anyone have anywhere to recommend or should I just brose daft.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

If It would be in and around 350 a month and I got my own single room I would definitely be willing :)

Yeah 350 is Around my Budget too

• Registered Users Posts: 7 reacher20013

Hi, im a 19 year old hopefully starting my first year course in NUIM (doing Science)

Looking for accommodation :3 anyone have any :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jaffajaffa

Hi guys,

Would students consider renting a house in leixlip? Im considering renting my house out. Do students usually pay rent by the week and what sort budget do people have?

The house is large 4 bedrooms 3 of which are double one is en suite, I reckon I would put them up individually with different rents.

Its a fairly new build & in good condition this would be the first time the house has been let.

15 min walk to Louise bridge train station and bus stop to Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Whillikers wrote: »
    Well split between five rooms, its only about 350 a month, if we throw some couples in the rooms, maybe that'd drop to 300/320, assuming that a couple wouldn't be paying an even split for just one room. It could work :P

350 a week is within my budget and I'd be willing to stay if it was close enough to the college. How far away is it? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Hey guys can anyone tell me if the houses on this list (link below) are the only ones left or whats the story with it? starting in septempet and clueless trying to sort out this college craic! :D

http://residence.nuim.ie/documents/HOUSEHOUSESHARESEPT13-14.pdf

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    350 a week is within my budget and I'd be willing to stay if it was close enough to the college. How far away is it? Cheers!

The house is in Moyglare Village, so one of the closest places you could find. I don't think there's a massive student presence in the area but I'm not really sure about that.

There seems to be gathering interest here, should we get a list of people who are up for this?

Maybe shoot me a PM if you want to go for this and I'll try and get a group going. Just an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Keegan4

Hi, just wondering is it possible to turn down on-campus accommodation if offered it??

Advertisement