Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dedicded to fcuk around for a while, equipped throwing knives, scavenger and lightweight, got a 5 kill streak with just knives on Terminal:D its funny hearing people raging because you get them with a throwing knife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

3 amazing games today :) averaged 30 kills and one death per game . had to turn off the box after that the pressure got to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

sierra117x wrote: »
    3 amazing games today :) averaged 30 kills and one death per game . had to turn off the box after that the pressure got to me :)

Pressure 's only for tyres m8 ;)

Headquarters is my fave gametype for the shield... capture the hq and back into a corner.. and if youve scavenger and throwing knife on... loads of kills as they come in...

I tried this earlier, riot shield + infinite throwing knives with scavenger=utter hilarity :D

I was in a gme with MurfyAthea and me and another guy on the opposite team were both using riot shields, every time we met each other we just circled around and got in a shoving match, it was hilarious. Really goes to show once you stop caring bout kdr and streaks and all the other greedy bullsh1t that goes along with this game it can be a fcuking hoot to play with the right people.

Does anyone know if Steady Aim helps a throwing knife? have no idea..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

krudler wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Steady Aim helps a throwing knife? have no idea..

I doubt it as steady aim only affects shooting from the hip, not from down the sight and you have to aim with the knife for it to throw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Sound whoring! Have heard a few sneaky feckers trying to throwing knife/non-commando stab me in the back/following me and on hearing them, turn, drop and pump them full of lead. Satisfying is not even the word!

Prestiged yesterday and am already at lvl 24, played about 25-30 games, that aint bad going, gonna do it again once I hit 70 as I want another custom slot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a good game in Underpass there, 25-4, got up an AC-130. Was accused of hacking, which I choose to take as a compliment.

Denny M wrote: »
    Got a good game in Underpass there, 25-4, got up an AC-130. Was accused of hacking, which I choose to take as a compliment.

I've started using Uav/Care Package/Harrier as my killstreaks since prestiging again, its actually more fun this way, instead of worrying about getting high streaks you're getting more kills from knowing where people are and random crap from the care packages, although having scavenger on and getting 3 ammo drops in one match had me fit to smash the controller, so I used em as bait instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've started using Uav/Care Package/Harrier as my killstreaks since prestiging again, its actually more fun this way, instead of worrying about getting high streaks you're getting more kills from knowing where people are and random crap from the care packages, although having scavenger on and getting 3 ammo drops in one match had me fit to smash the controller, so I used em as bait instead :D
    At the mo I have Pred/Harriers/AC-130, that was the first AC I actually got outside of a CP. I was using Hardline, so after I got the pred it was pretty plain sailing. Only problem when I got the AC was the other team all fled inside. Got a few of them, but not as many as I would like. I know there was at least one trying to take it down, but they made the mistake of standing in the open without cold blooded.

And the CP baiting is hilarious, so many people fall for it.

Sit Rep Pro ftw!

Was on Subbase last night, got behind the opposition who were all on the far side of the map (where you often get snipers up high with the walkway in front of them) and killed 2 of them. I could then hear the footsteps so loudly (4x normal, shame it doesn't cancel Ninja out), all racing towards me as I lit up on their mini-map. Got my pred nice and quickly, thanks for that guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cossax wrote: »
    Sit Rep Pro ftw!

Was on Subbase last night, got behind the opposition who were all on the far side of the map (where you often get snipers up high with the walkway in front of them) and killed 2 of them. I could then hear the footsteps so loudly (4x normal, shame it doesn't cancel Ninja out), all racing towards me as I lit up on their mini-map. Got my pred nice and quickly, thanks for that guys!

yes it does, it puts them back onto normal footstep sound pre SRPro..you dont use headphones maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Stratige

callaway92 wrote: »
    yes it does, it puts them back onto normal footstep sound pre SRPro
    No it doesn't.

from the COD wiki:
    Infinity Ward did state that Sitrep Pro does not cancel out Ninja Pro but however Ninja Pro is made louder but does not cancel it completely

Havent gotten Sitrep pro myself so couldnt tell ya

Stratige wrote: »
    No it doesn't.

yes it does...over on the Sherdog COD forum, they have been saying for months that it brings it back to normal footstep sound, so you sir, are WRONG

I have SRPro and it does make people with Ninja Pro sound normal...tried it before

I only got Sitrep Pro last night so I'm not sure on Ninja Pro tbh, will have a good listen later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Cossax wrote: »
    I only got Sitrep Pro last night so I'm not sure on Ninja Pro tbh, will have a good listen later.

did it take you long to get it :confused:

did it take you long to get it :confused:

it takes around 3 solid days of playing, always having sitrep on...you get some games where you might get 10-15 claymores if a few people are using them, especially with scavenger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Stratige

it brings it back to normal footstep sound, so you sir, are WRONG
    Oh, ok.

it takes around 3 solid days of playing, always having sitrep on...you get some games where you might get 10-15 claymores if a few people are using them, especially with scavenger

It's annoying enough to do, esp. if you come across some bollix with a heartbeat sensor or a headphone user.

It is a useful perk though, if you play Derailed, Sub-base, Underpass or Rundown you're likely to come across quite a few claymores, it'll tell you where someone is as well as saving your ass if you plan on rushing into a building unaware.

No idea how people get the 750 though.

Me and JamieDev are having a great laugh killing boosters all afternoon, found 2 sets of them in a game there it ridiculous, getting double kills with semtex all over the place :D

Just went 30-5 on Storm with the Akimbo G18s and Scrambler, fuuuuun! :cool:
    Got Scrambler Pro (for completeness, mainly) in 2 or 3 rounds with Akimbo weaponry, G18s and P90s.

LOL, I got thrown into a game of TDM where my team was losing 3200-900, they were all snipers and crap ones at that, and just as I spawned an enemy guy threw a care package marker right near me, killed him, took his crate, chopper gunner! since all my team were camping on one half of the map, I spawn trapped the other team and raped them, brought the team score back up to 3000, we won in the end:D

LOL, I got thrown into a game of TDM where my team was losing 3200-900, they were all snipers and crap ones at that, and just as I spawned an enemy guy threw a care package marker right near me, killed him, took his crate, chopper gunner! since all my team were camping on one half of the map, I spawn trapped the other team and raped them, brought the team score back up to 3000, we won in the end:D
    lol, epic! What map was it on? And of all the things he could have got, I bet the owner of the CP was bloody raging!

Denny M wrote: »
    lol, epic! What map was it on? And of all the things he could have got, I bet the owner of the CP was bloody raging!

Wasteland, the enemy team kept spawning near the helicopter, it was double kill after double kill, only for my team moved and they started spawning in other places I would have kept going :D 21 kills out of a stolen care package, its things like that that make the game worth playing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

ive done this on cod4, we were losing by about 1500 points, i killed 20 people in a row bringing us up to about 7000 points, i was congratulated by my own team while accused of cheating by the other team, i was ''camping'' in one building waiting for them to come to me, when i shot one id move to another room and waited for them to come back lol. eventually ran out of ammo and got killed while switching weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

gino85 wrote: »
    I was camping in one building waiting for them to come to me
    Fixed that for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

gino85 wrote: »
    ive done this on cod4, we were losing by about 1500 points, i killed 20 people in a row bringing us up to about 7000 points, i was congratulated by my own team while accused of cheating by the other team, i was ''camping'' in one building waiting for them to come to me, when i shot one id move to another room and waited for them to come back lol. eventually ran out of ammo and got killed while switching weapons

are you sure you just werent accused of "camping" :confused:

Advertisement