Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Enigma IE wrote: »
    OK Shammy, see you online tonight for a game so biggrin.gif

You picked up Halo wars ?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Seriously loving the Barret atm. I'm an intervention man myself but been trying this out recently. One beast of a gun! went 50-15 with it a while ago. Best I've played in a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Apologies for the double post but I just went 21-0 on Rundown, and got the AllPro challenge in the same match :) I was coming up behind some guy just as the match was ending and outta no owhere a guy walked infront of me, bam, 2 headshots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Just got a nuke on FFA WITHOUT boosting, couldn't believe it! Killstreaks were Pave Low, Chopper Gunner and of course the nuke. Got it on Rundown. Idiots were easy pickings and I just hid in a bush with the Chopper Gunner. I was 1 kill off and one guy was closing in on my position and I JUST managed to kill him while killing myself in the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

So can you answer the question on PaveLows then? Did it count for your killstreak without you having to do any convoluted fix? Did you have both up at the same time, or did you wait for the PaveLow to finish and then launch the gunner?

• Advertisement

shawpower wrote: »
    So can you answer the question on PaveLows then? Did it count for your killstreak without you having to do any convoluted fix? Did you have both up at the same time, or did you wait for the PaveLow to finish and then launch the gunner?

It seems they fixed the glitch. All kills with a Pavelow count towards your streak now. And I had to wait for the Pavelow to finish its run of the map before I could call in the Chopper Gunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

It seems they fixed the glitch. All kills with a Pavelow count towards your streak now. And I had to wait for the Pavelow to finish its run of the map before I could call in the Chopper Gunner.

Why did you have to wait? Air Space too crowded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Maybe he didn't have enough kills for CG?
    But yea you can't call in more than 1 helicopter (on your whole team) at any time, unless it's a harrier (thanks Tallon :P).

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Why did you have to wait? Air Space too crowded?

Pretty much! No two attack aircraft of the same class (Except Harriers) can enter the airspace at the same time.

So am I right in thinking your nuke consisted of you getting 9 kills and then you snuck off to a corner waiting for it to finish before pulling out your Chopper? I'd do exactly the same if it was me btw, and I think I'd prefer to go for a nuke by using 9-11-25. If you use Hardline, it might be easier than you think... :)

• Advertisement

So am I right in thinking your nuke consisted of you getting 9 kills and then you snuck off to a corner waiting for it to finish before pulling out your Chopper? I'd do exactly the same if it was me btw, and I think I'd prefer to go for a nuke by using 9-11-25. If you use Hardline, it might be easier than you think... :)

I have a class with Hardline and a Scar with extended mags but I used another class to get it. No Scavenger. AK-47 Bling w/ Silencer and Holographic. Sidearm is a TMP but I didn't need to use it. Stopping Power and Ninja.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I really need to unlock the extended mags on the Scar, with those and stopping power it'd be awesome

krudler wrote: »
    I really need to unlock the extended mags on the Scar, with those and stopping power it'd be awesome

Stopping Power really isn't necessary on a weapon like the Scar. You're probably looking at one less bullet to drop somebody when all you usually need are 3.

Stopping Power really isn't necessary on a weapon like the Scar. You're probably looking at one less bullet to drop somebody when all you usually need are 3.

Even better, can keep cold blooded pro, god I love that perk. That+ silenced weapons and you're practically invisible. Although I never use silencers with my Intervention, does anyone find it takes way more shots with the silencer to put someone down? even at mid range?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

that one extra bullet plus the increased power on my secondary is enough to convince me though

I have a class with Hardline and a Scar with extended mags but I used another class to get it. No Scavenger. AK-47 Bling w/ Silencer and Holographic. Sidearm is a TMP but I didn't need to use it. Stopping Power and Ninja.

I've never once used the TMP, which is mad. It looks a decent gun.

Even better, can keep cold blooded pro, god I love that perk. That+ silenced weapons and you're practically invisible. Although I never use silencers with my Intervention, does anyone find it takes way more shots with the silencer to put someone down? even at mid range?

Yeah, by default all weapons lose power when they're silenced. The UMP is an exception to the rule though, its stats are bugged so that it loses little or no power over range or if it's silenced. It's to balance them out since you won't be showing up on peoples' radar. Keep in mind the MG4 and M9 pistol are bugged. You'll still show up on radar regardless of whether or not they have a silencer attached.
    I've never once used the TMP, which is mad. It looks a decent gun.

You should give it a go, it's an excellent sidearm. Only thing I'll say to you is there's a fairly limited amount of ammo and magazine size (15 rounds) so it's best used in conjunction with Scavenger although if you're accurate enough it can still hold its own with controlled bursts if you're using a different blue perk. Akimbo is fairly useless with it. Use extended mags with it when you unlock it, as you don't really need a red dot or holographic sight since the iron sights are decent enough considering it's meant to be used close range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

its easy know the summer holidays have started for some. there was an unbelievable amount of boosters just waiting to be killed in new and creative ways :D. most of them were irish too which was weird.

. most of them were irish too which was weird.

Since the stimulus pack update, you're far more likely to get thrown into lobbies with Irish people. It'll look for them first and then move it out further afield. Very rare to get yanks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

oh riot shield, you are so awesome...

Its so much fun using one, people panic so much when they come across you....

Headquarters is so much fun with the shield too, was on a team the other night and we won 200 - 10. because i was shielding it up....

only peoblem is the stickies....

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »

Headquarters is so much fun with the shield too, was on a team the other night and we won 200 - 10. because i was shielding it up....

I always use a Riot Shield on Search & Destroy. That with Scavenger, Lightweight and Commando, together with stun grenades and C4. The amount of fun you'll have with that, seriously! That and you'll actually get more points for Crowd Control and an assist than a kill on its own in S&D. 600 points instead of the usual 500.

Korvanica wrote: »

A handy trick for that is if you're in an area with a few bodies or if you're trapping people with c4 if make sure you're standing over a dropped gun and if someone sticks your shield with semtex quickly swap it for the gun and leg it, you may take some damage but you might escape being killed, hard to do though needs really quick timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

A handy trick for that is if you're in an area with a few bodies or if you're trapping people with c4 if make sure you're standing over a dropped gun and if someone sticks your shield with semtex quickly swap it for the gun and leg it, you may take some damage but you might escape being killed, hard to do though needs really quick timing.

Thats the thing, you need to be in the right place at the right time. Theres really no defence for it apart from that.

Headquarters is my fave gametype for the shield... capture the hq and back into a corner.. and if youve scavenger and throwing knife on... loads of kills as they come in... :D

Was in a hq match the other night and there were 3 on my team using shields... excellent stuff...

If you stick your head inside a wall when you're stuck you'll survive the explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Blast shield on + riot shield = surviving semtex, if you're willing to give up other equipment.
    I usually use it if trying to cap flags/whatever, smoke grenade + riot shield + blast shield = MY FLAG!

Got my 3rd nuke and went up to 1.10 k/d/r in one game, 31-1, woo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Got my 3rd nuke and went up to 1.10 k/d/r in one game, 31-1, woo :D

I'll see your 1.10 and raise you my 1.43 lol:D

Love that airdrop.... got my 8 kills on favella MTDM, dropped it while my harriers covered, contained uav, predator missile, chopper gunner and an ac130!!!!! Sweet, let the spawn rape begin!.... ended up 7500 - 2500, 36 - 6 me whoop whoop!

hightower1 wrote: »
    I'll see your 1.10 and raise you my 1.43 lol:D

Love that airdrop.... got my 8 kills on favella MTDM, dropped it while my harriers covered, contained uav, predator missile, chopper gunner and an ac130!!!!! Sweet, let the spawn rape begin!.... ended up 7500 - 2500, 36 - 6 me whoop whoop!

Awesome, wanna know what I got in the last airdrop I bothered getting? 3 UAVs, a Counter UAV, and an ammo crate, whoopedy fcuking doo! havent used that as a killstreak in ages I dont like the waiting around for stuff to fall out of the sky, I've seen few people use aidrops on FFA, like,why? you leave yourself massively exposed while you're picking up the crates,and usually people just tube you and nick all your stuff. least on TDM you can let the others get things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Awesome, wanna know what I got in the last airdrop I bothered getting? 3 UAVs, a Counter UAV, and an ammo crate, whoopedy fcuking doo! havent used that as a killstreak in ages I dont like the waiting around for stuff to fall out of the sky, I've seen few people use aidrops on FFA, like,why? you leave yourself massively exposed while you're picking up the crates,and usually people just tube you and nick all your stuff. least on TDM you can let the others get things.

I really love it, I set up harriers with it cause you can never count on your team watching your back so I harrier the area directly over the drop zone and it clears it out nicely while providing cover also. A short while back I managed to get TWO ac130 from one drop. Sweet. Sure you get some bad ones but thats half the fun. Its a total game changer if you get lucky if not it makes the most tempting bait in the middle of that nice clear area for another 8 kills and try again!

• Advertisement

Exploiting the pure greediness of others on this game seems to do wonders. Playing an FFA on Storm. Threw an Emergency Airdrop at the back of the map in the lot between the mannequin factory and the train cars, the one with the bulldozer/digger in it. As soon as I did it, I noticed they weren't really killstreaks worth my while getting. Think they were two predator missiles, a counter-uav and an ammo crate.

My killstreaks at the time were Harrier Strike, Emergency Airdrop and Pave Low. As soon as all the crates hit, I head up into the building opposite the mannequin factory and sit at the window overlooking the lot at the top of the stairs. I must have picked off at least 12 people just running for all of those crates, it was hilarious. I also used my Harrier Strike directly on the lot as people were trying to pick them up too. By the end of it I jumped out and picked up one predator missile and left the rest. I was at 20 or so kills and everyone else in the match hadn't even gotten into double digits.

Advertisement