Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

krudler wrote: »
    Well thats a new one, 2 guys on opposite teams were boosting on a TDM game on Estate, me and another guy who was on the other team as well copped what they were up to and teamed up to stop them, this went on for a few other games as well, mustve looked well odd to anyone else, were on sub base standing beside each other waiting for the boosters to come back, boosters uniting the seals and spetnatsz :D i found one of them who was on my team standing in a corner and trapped him so he couldnt move he went mental lol :D

Only ever came across boosting on TDM once.Easy kills tbh:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Was playing TDM on Afghan last night, spawned to begin with facing the plane, with the hill to the right and the poppy fields to the left, ran right to go up the hill to the anti air gun, was using the silenced Scar and a guy had a sniper rifle who was running beside me, I went around the back of the anti air gun emplacement and looked way over by the stone staircase up that small hill where theres a tree, could see something moving, took a two round burst, boom, headshot :D silencers reduce bullet distance? pffft :D and the guy I killed was a sniper to make it even sweeter,heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Was playing Overgrown today (becoming my favourite map!). We had UAV on, and I'm on the side by the petrol garage looking down the map by the building with the gallett gun. Two guys run out one behind the other, Barrett .50 with fmj and stopping power pro, two headshots one bullet :D
    Same thing happened in the game before I typed this. Rundown and I'm in the house over looking the east bridge (one beside the two small houses with tin roofs). Hear two guys coming, I run onto the stairs and pick two off with 1 bullet :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I picked up a lovely triple kill with my AA-12 with extended mags. One of the hostiles called in a care package (outside the garage). I blasted him with my shottie then stepped back into the garage, waiting on his buddies to arrive.

3 of them promptly arrive and squabble over the care package (predator I think), I rushed out of the garage and got a sweet triple kill with my AA-12.

Any 'non-kill-streak' multi kills are sweet.

I tried sniping for the first time properly as I'm sh1te at it and am sick of seeing those cool quickscoping videos on youtube and not being able to do it :D Begun using the Intervention, have unlocked the silencer, acog scope and fmj for it so far,and am actually enjoying using it.
    does connection have a lot to do with good sniping? I usually get 3 bars on games, but theres been plenty of times I've hit guys dead centre in the head and only got a hit marker, frustrating to say the least. Getting a pile of "one shot one kill" kills in a match is a sweet feeling though:)

I've tried doing what a lot of good snipers suggest and have the crosshairs pointing at where enemies should be when moving around rather than moving the cursor to them when I see them, is Steady Aim essential for quickscopes? Been trying to get out of my "comfort class" and start using other guns like the snipers, machine pistols and shotguns, am loving the UMP45 as well.

• Advertisement

Had an awesome game of TDM on Wasteland against a clan earlier, 5 on 5 and we completely annihilated them, I got a predator within a minute of starting then got a 5, count em, 5 kill hit with it, got my harrier and pavelow and my Wargasm challenge all in one :D

I went 19-3 with 3 assists and the guy who lead the game went 27-1 with 2 assists,talk about kicking ass. final score? 7500-2120 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Had an awesome game of TDM on Wasteland against a clan earlier, 5 on 5 and we completely annihilated them, I got a predator within a minute of starting then got a 5, count em, 5 kill hit with it, got my harrier and pavelow and my Wargasm challenge all in one :D

I went 19-3 with 3 assists and the guy who lead the game went 27-1 with 2 assists,talk about kicking ass. final score? 7500-2120 :D

Not quite in the same league but came across a 5-strong clan in the lobby and was paired up with them on Sub-base, reckoned it'd be an easy win but after 2 minutes we were 10-3 down (2 of those kills and none of the deaths being me), haven't a ****ing clue what they were up to but they all quit and left me play against the opposition on my own until some later arrivals balanced up playing numbers....was kinda fun to be hunted!

I have experienced it the other way around as well when it was 5 v 2 on Favela and we were all legging it around the map trying to flush them out - fair play to the 2 for sticking with it when they both ended up with 20+ deaths each!

I have experienced it the other way around as well when it was 5 v 2 on Favela and we were all legging it around the map trying to flush them out - fair play to the 2 for sticking with it when they both ended up with 20+ deaths each!

Had this happen too, joined a game where the team was getting creamed and me and 1 other guy were the only ones left as the rest fcuked off, was fun just running around together and as the other team kept bunching up to take us out we were both getting multiple kills when they found us, a handicap mode would be kinda cool, 5 on 2 or 4 on 1 or something, see how good you really are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Got my first nuke tonight on Quarry!! Pity I didn't have a video because I attacked Flag A on Domination and managed 9 kills with the Scar-H Silenced, before calling in a support chopper to get the extra two I needed, had 13 kills when I called in the chopper gunner and that did the rest of the work. Got to 28 kills and called it in!

Did a PRINT_SCREEN just before I called it in, delighted!

29176_432586450539_681165539_6010992_7033068_n.jpg

got a 11-0 k/d on overgrown just using claymores!and no i didnt camp i 'hid'.Love claymores:Dnot one bullet or knife used in anger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

First games back last night after a 3-4 week hiatus, while XBox was being repaired. Went positive in every game on my first session and averaged a 2:1 for those 4 games.

Then joined back in later with some of the guys from here and had a more mixed bag. Best was 27:11 I think, but there was a horrendous negative game on Wasteland as well. Not having the Thermal Barrett unlocked yet this prestige sure hurt me there!!!

But it's great to be back. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Gots ta love thermal + barrett fmj + stop power pro on underpass. 16-3 not great but 3 deaths at the start then 16 kill streak at the end. Actually getting decent at quick scoping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    got a 11-0 k/d on overgrown just using claymores!and no i didnt camp i 'hid'.Love claymores:Dnot one bullet or knife used in anger

sounds like an exciting game ;)

sounds like an exciting game ;)

haha I know it sounds sh1te!try it sometime its not as easy as you would think.Had just watched a lad who only uses his knife on youtube so said **** it will give it a go with claymores.

It was ffa any time I got shot somebody else would take out the lad that was shooting me.got that challenge where you take more hits than if you had painkiller

EDIT:just seen the highlighted 'hid' surely its not camping if you dont shoot?:)

haha I know it sounds sh1te!try it sometime its not as easy as you would think.Had just watched a lad who only uses his knife on youtube so said **** it will give it a go with claymores.

It was ffa any time I got shot somebody else would take out the lad that was shooting me.got that challenge where you take more hits than if you had painkiller

think I'll pass .......

running around with a kinfe >>>>>>>>>>>>> hiding in the grass waiting for some mug to walk into my claymore

onlyusemeblade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>onlyusemeclaymore

think I'll pass .......

running around with a kinfe >>>>>>>>>>>>> hiding in the grass waiting for some mug to walk into my claymore

onlyusemeblade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>onlyusemeclaymore

was hiding in the grass..was playing defensively:)

ah that was his name.Mind you if i ever get site banned I reserve the right to have 'onlyusemyclaymores' as my name.

gonna head for a 12-o k/d next time.What do you play it on creasy?xbox?could show you the interesting flora of MW2 if you want.my GT is DesertSmurf

was hiding in the grass..was playing defensively:)

ah that was his name.Mind you if i ever get site banned I reserve the right to have 'onlyusemyclaymores' as my name.

gonna head for a 12-o k/d next time.What do you play it on creasy?xbox?could show you the interesting flora of MW2 if you want.my GT is DesertSmurf

I play it on PS3 ....why don't you just set up another account

"onlyusemyclaymore"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

That actually sounds like a fun diversion for a few games. There's one guy trying to get a nuke only using Claymores. Plus, there's another Irish chap who makes montages of Claymore kills. It's actually quite funny.

Sometimes people take this game too seriously. There is so much fun to be had with it if you're not obsessed with a k:d ratio etc. Fair play L_M

Tbh honest would of thought I would of got more stick.

Getting a nuke would be tough(cant get one using guns!!)
    Only ever tried it on overgrown as I hate that map with avengence.Its a fukking campfest especially the 2 house's over on the side that has the petrol station at the bottom.

Tried maybe 5 times and my k/d was horrific.The 11-0 was my first positive k/d.

Creasy is right though its just not as glamourous as onlyusemeblades:)

[QUOTE=Creasy_bear;66106310why don't you just set up another account

"onlyusemyclaymore"[/QUOTE]

im on the xbox and only get free online play for a month before you have to pay extra.Fukking micro$oft.greedy bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Came home from work, put on Favela, got a Nuke....

Fuuking awesome :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Loving COD2 atm, the best player 99/100 times will come out on top and there is no silly jacked up perks, glitches or killstreaks to worry about.

Started using other guns that I hadnt really been doing before, unlocked the red dot and grip for the M1014 shottie, what a gun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Started using other guns that I hadnt really been doing before, unlocked the red dot and grip for the M1014 shottie, what a gun :D

Great weapon, can't wait till I unlock it again this prestige, extended mags makes it a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I'm taking a break from this game , my gameplay has really gone downhill for the last couple of weeks, but i went out on a high , boosters joined our ffa lobby and had fun killing them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Got my second Nuke about 20 minutes ago in a game of Domination on Overgrown, the good news is I recorded it, ended up 42-3 or something like that, it's pretty straight forward once you get 7 kills, call in the harrier, get your Chopper gunner and kill away.

Then we played CTF on Overgrown and I was 11-0 and got my chopper gunner again, this time I got about 3 kills before it was shot down! Bah would've been sweet to get two nukes in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Shammy wrote: »
    I'm taking a break from this game , my gameplay has really gone downhill for the last couple of weeks, but i went out on a high , boosters joined our ffa lobby and had fun killing them :D

OK Shammy, see you online tonight for a game so biggrin.gif

got a 30-1 killstreak on FFA last night on favela.Of course I didnt have the nuke equipped:onext time:D

Meant to post this last night, I shot down a harrier with a mounted minigun! on Overgrown, the one with the gun in the house window that looks towards the petrol station area, a guy called in his harrier and I didnt have Cold Blooded equipped so i legged it in there to hide, saw the harrier hovering past facing over towards the bridge and just let rip, brought it down after a few seconds of fire, didnt even know you could do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Meant to post this last night, I shot down a harrier with a mounted minigun! on Overgrown, the one with the gun in the house window that looks towards the petrol station area, a guy called in his harrier and I didnt have Cold Blooded equipped so i legged it in there to hide, saw the harrier hovering past facing over towards the bridge and just let rip, brought it down after a few seconds of fire, didnt even know you could do that

yeah the harriers are hard ones to get . the choppers usually fly lower i find and tend to dip a bit when their moving . the harriers on the other hand seem to be up much higher a lot of the time . i think it depends on what surface their called in over . ie buildings they fly high but flat land they come in low

Advertisement