Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

shawpower wrote: »
    Class. I'd love to hear a live game recorded when Danger is playing!

Brian, you'll be under pressure to ease off on the "lurking" so you're not outted on ShammyTube!!

I saw a video yesterday evening on YouTube with one guy I know featuring in it. He went 9-7 or something, so wasn't horrendous stuff. But still, it'll put pressure on us to raise our game!!!

I don't think this lurker tag is justified, I typically use Marathon Pro as my Perk 1 on my favourite class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

So what did you try and did it work?

My new favorite weopan is the ACR + Red Dot.
    Last night I equipped Sleight Of Hand and Steady Aim and it was beast !!!!!

Very accurate, very fast reload time and wicked spraying accuracy !!!!

Was playing FFA with Shammy and the lads so had to "Lurk" more than usual to try and keep my K/D respectable.
    I was only negative a couple of times :D

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I don't think this lurker tag is justified, I typically use Marathon Pro as my Perk 1 on my favourite class!!

Ha ha ha, Lurking rocks !!!!
    Until you get a killstreak going anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

claiva wrote: »
    Ha ha ha, Lurking rocks !!!!
    Until you get a killstreak going anyways

I've no problem with playing cautious until you can in your first killstreak e.g. predator or harriers...... or if I'm getting absolutely raped, lurk and pick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Enigma IE wrote: »

You're the one who mentioned your lurking tendencies!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love the ridiculous intellegence of some of the people in the game. There was 3 lads camping with snipers in one of the houses in Overpass, using tactical insert. I managed to get near the house, lobbed in a nade, bang, got all 3 and their inserts.

I have to say though, my favorite aspect of the game is the range of weapons. I mean sure, people over-using certain guns can annoy, but there is a much wider range than in CoD4 which I'm pretty fond of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Just started playing FFA the other day.And for some reason I seem to be flying up the levels'.Tbh out of three games I might hit evens K/D ratio but evry 3rd or so game I get maybe 26/4 or there abouts.If im gonna get a nuke it will be on FFA.While my xp from kills is a bit lower than MTDM my bonus seems to be higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just got my second 'All Pro', this time with a FAMAS! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Jev/N wrote: »
    Just got my second 'All Pro', this time with a FAMAS! :D

You got pro in all the perks ? How long did it take for the siterip ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You got pro in all the perks ? How long did it take for the siterip ?

Nah I got the 'All Pro' challenge, 2 headshots with 1 bullet.

Never got all pro in the perks yet - SitRep has always been the one I failed to get - probably due to the lack of me using it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

WOOHOO!!!!

Should have my XBox back in a short while, so I'll be getting my MW2 fix again. :) It's only gone two weeks, but it feels like at least double that!!

Then it's just a matter of a figuring out what accessories I need to keep, how to transfer data to not lose anything, then down to the closest GAME/Gamestop to trade in for a new Jasper model. :)

Just popped out to the shops last night to see what kind of trade-in deals they are offering.

Gamestop are selling 2nd hand 360 20Gig Arcades at €140, so offered me €70 for mine. They are selling a "super" Elite 250Gig model with 2 controllers and FF13 at €250 so it would cost me €180. Included in that they are offering to do a data transfer. Nice deal I thought, and was walking away happy.

Then I decided to call into the HMV store to see if they accept trade-ins. Girl behind the counter said absolutely, and after tapping away at her computer for a while said that they offer "up to" €92 for 2nd hand Arcades in mint condition. Added to this is the fact that their price for exact same bundle is €235. So I'd have a new console for possibly as cheap as €143. But on top of this I have €30 worth of HMV vouchers built up from doing online surveys with www.irishopinions.com so it'll only actually cost me as little as €113 for a brand new Elite. Sweet!!

Now I just have to hope that the mint condition 360 I sent to get fixed comes back in the same condition, or that the replacement I get is in equally as good a condition. The girl in HMV said that they've no problem paying that top price for trade-ins when I asked how likely it was to get that price.

One question is whether all the new "super" Elites come with the Jasper Chip?

I can't wait to get back into MW2 at this stage. :D:D

The machine you get back will be perfect. So no problem there. I think all Xboxes produced after Oct 2009 or something have the new Jasper chipset so all you have to do is check the manufacture date on the console sticker. I think you can actually check this without opening the box.
    Do not buy a new Xbox without the new chipset.
    The power brick is much smaller and lighter aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Decided to break out the RPD for a spin last night. GWTDM on skidrow I had killstreaks set as UAV, counter UAV, harriers and was using hardline so we had a UAV for effectively the whole game while the enemy had none! Won like 10,000 - 4,500 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

RPD is brilliant on Skidrow, if you spawn over by the open part where the cab is just crouch behind the door and aim down the corridor where everyone runs to , have gotten multikills by just holding down the fire button, gotta love thos huge mags :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Took out a sentry gun today with the barrett. It took 15 bullets with fmj, but I took it out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Took out a sentry gun today with the barrett. It took 15 bullets with fmj, but I took it out :cool:

Love doing the same myself with whatever gun I have at the time, it doesnt take an impossible amount of ammo to take it out and most times you can position yourself so you can just see its ammo box and hit that to take it out. Sure it takes a fair amount of rounds and they prob see you at it but its usually too late before you die.... takin one for the team!

I have coldblooded on so just walk straight up to a sentry and knife it :D quite how a small knife does moer damage to a mounted machine gun than a round from a 50 cal rifle is beyond me, but thats MW2 for ya :)

edit, from the wiki:
    Some sneaky players will use the Pro version to play dead. By going prone and repeatedly tapping the switch weapon button, the player will appear to be dead, and their name not appearing will aid in the concealment.

WHY have I never tried this?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Thought I was being smart today when I found people sniping / camping by putting a claymore behind them. It worked a few times, until one guy moved as soon as the claymore was placed, and it blew me up too. :o

I just got a 9 kill streak from the same 2 boosters on Teminal, found them in the area before the metal detectors, shot them both, got them both again from their TI's, then stood in the opposite corner and went prone, they came right back and did it again, another 4 kills, then got the last as I ran out of the area and one of them was on the way back AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

krudler wrote: »
    I just got a 9 kill streak from the same 2 boosters on Teminal, found them in the area before the metal detectors, shot them both, got them both again from their TI's, then stood in the opposite corner and went prone, they came right back and did it again, another 4 kills, then got the last as I ran out of the area and one of them was on the way back AGAIN

did you win the game?

• Advertisement

40GB, I was quoted at 170 euros in Gamestop and GAME to trade in. I have a friend who says Smyths offered 200 but that was just before Xmas last year and he reckons they mixed it up with a 60GB somehow. Shall be checking it out myself in hopefully a week or two.

120GB Slim is 299 euros(?) I think, though I could be getting that mixed up with the bundle deals they offer.

How long ago ?

I just rang Gamestop there ............€80 is all they are offering now for a 40g :eek:

Basically €220 for the slim with the trade in .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

How long ago ?

I just rang Gamestop there ............€80 is all they are offering now for a 40g :eek:

Basically €220 for the slim with the trade in .

:confused:

About a month or so ago.

Gamestop, GAME and Xtra Game all quoted 170.

G3

Love it.

:confused:

About a month or so ago.

Gamestop, GAME and Xtra Game all quoted 170.

for a 40g ? you must have a bigger one :confused:

I mean the 40g fat are now €200 new .

Must have lowered their prices or they were mistaken. I'll find out soon enough when I do trade it in.

I was 100% quoted the 170 euros to trade in the Phat 40GB PS3.

LOL, had a showdown with the worst sniper ever, i was in last stand after being shot by someone, this guy with a sniper rifle knifed him, i was lying on the floor and the guy, instead of knifing me too, obviously thought he'd show off and get a headshot, i was scooting over towards him as quick as i could , he shoots, misses, shoots,misses,shoots,misses AGAIN, and i knife him in the knees, he left the game after that :D

LOL, had a showdown with the worst sniper ever, i was in last stand after being shot by someone, this guy with a sniper rifle knifed him, i was lying on the floor and the guy, instead of knifing me too, obviously thought he'd show off and get a headshot, i was scooting over towards him as quick as i could , he shoots, misses, shoots,misses,shoots,misses AGAIN, and i knife him in the knees, he left the game after that :D

you complain about Commando on here, yes? And yet you use Last Stand which is miles more stupid than Commando..it is basically another life

callaway92 wrote: »
    you complain about Commando on here, yes? And yet you use Last Stand which is miles more stupid than Commando..it is basically another life

Sorry meant Final Stand, the deathstreak one, not the perk. thats last stand, always gettin them mixed up. I dont think you can move around with last stand? i dunno never use it, ninja is what i always have in that perk class

Sorry meant Final Stand, the deathstreak one, not the perk. thats last stand, always gettin them mixed up. I dont think you can move around with last stand? i dunno never use it, ninja is what i always have in that perk class

ah ok:)
    Ninja is by far the best Yellow Perk

• Advertisement

Well thats a new one, 2 guys on opposite teams were boosting on a TDM game on Estate, me and another guy who was on the other team as well copped what they were up to and teamed up to stop them, this went on for a few other games as well, mustve looked well odd to anyone else, were on sub base standing beside each other waiting for the boosters to come back, boosters uniting the seals and spetnatsz :D i found one of them who was on my team standing in a corner and trapped him so he couldnt move he went mental lol :D

Advertisement