Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So S&D was so hacked this weekend (my personal favourite being OHK'd by what looked like an M9 across the map, through a hanger wall on scrapyard....yipeee) that I played some DOM.
    Surprisngly DOM wasn't hacked much as far as I could see. It's not a game mode I play much and don't really know what I'm doing.
    Started off in Estate. Marathon, Leightweight, Steady Aim & Spas. Just ran big loops around the map capping A & C.
    Finished 9-15. Topped the leaderboards by miles and we crushed the other team. So funny really enjoyed it. Played a good bit of DOM afterwards. It's killing my kd but was lots of fun Sat/Sun. :)
    No-one shoots down air support at all anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Oh I miss this game. Reading this thread has brought it all back to me. I spent countless hours on this game. It was the first cod I had xbl for on launch day and imo it was the best by a country mile B.O. and MW3 cant compare to it. Don.'t even get me started on B.O.2. It had the best maps of the series Highrise, Favela, Sub-Base, Wasteland,Terminal, Rust and Bailout best maps ever.

I remember I got to 9th prestige but it took me ages I flew through the ranks of the rest of em but MW2 had a much steeper learning curve for a relative noob like I was at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tim3000 wrote: »
    Oh I miss this game. Reading this thread has brought it all back to me. I spent countless hours on this game. It was the first cod I had xbl for on launch day and imo it was the best by a country mile B.O. and MW3 cant compare to it. Don.'t even get me started on B.O.2. It had the best maps of the series Highrise, Favela, Sub-Base, Wasteland,Terminal, Rust and Bailout best maps ever.

I remember I got to 9th prestige but it took me ages I flew through the ranks of the rest of em but MW2 had a much steeper learning curve for a relative noob like I was at the start

I got into MW2 online late, had a crappy net connection around launch and was maybe 4-5 months later I started playing it online, sweet jesus, getting annihilated every match. Hands down the best maps of any COD game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

krudler wrote: »
    I got into MW2 online late, had a crappy net connection around launch and was maybe 4-5 months later I started playing it online, sweet jesus, getting annihilated every match. Hands down the best maps of any COD game though.

I don't know why but I never could, and still can't play MW2 and do well

I have a 2 kd in MW3 and Blops 2..........hell I think my Blops 1 kd is still hovering around 3

But not MW2.

Nope - The universe just decided that I'm forever going to be sh1t at that game

x43r0 wrote: »
    I don't know why but I never could, and still can't play MW2 and do well

I have a 2 kd in MW3 and Blops 2..........hell I think my Blops 1 kd is still hovering around 3

But not MW2.

Nope - The universe just decided that I'm forever going to be sh1t at that game

I'd say its due to the killstreaks in it. Looking back they were very over powered in comparison to the later games. Which I think was the right way about it if you get the kills then you deserve a weapon capable of dominating the other team :pac:

Predator, harrier and pavelow were my ks of choice all you needed was 5 kills for the predator get two kills with that then get two kills with the harrier for the Pavelow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd say its due to the killstreaks in it. Looking back they were very over powered in comparison to the later games. Which I think was the right way about it if you get the kills then you deserve a weapon capable of dominating the other team :pac:

Predator, harrier and pavelow were my ks of choice all you needed was 5 kills for the predator get two kills with that then get two kills with the harrier for the Pavelow.

Indeed, stick on hardline and you could get an AC-130 out of 4 kills really, get your pred, harrier, that did all the extra work for the ac/chopper or whatever,especially on a map like Afghan or Wasteland where it was all open, you'd rack up streaks in no time. On a big ground war match the amount of streaks were mental, but it added to the absolutely chaotic feel of the game.
    I still think it's the best sounding COD game too, on a decent sound system the noise of the chopper gunner overhead or an AC130 raining down explosions was something else.

Think the only full game of Ground War I played (my internet couldn't handle it at the time)ended with me being trapped in the car park in Underpass getting absolutley pasted by air support.
    Spawn die, spawn run a step die, spawn die etc etc

Still a better game than any I had on blops 2 :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Think the only full game of Ground War I played (my internet couldn't handle it at the time)ended with me being trapped in the car park in Underpass getting absolutley pasted by air support.
    Spawn die, spawn run a step die, spawn die etc etc

Still a better game than any I had on blops 2 :)

See thats where you switch to a different class. I had a dedicated anti-air class complete with RPD Stinger, cold blooded and marathon. In Blops2 I have one class for every map I don't even bother to change out perks and that kinda thing. Blops 2 doesnt have the same level of frenzy as MW2. There always seemed to be something going on in those games maybe it was just superior map design

See thats where you switch to a different class. I had a dedicated anti-air class complete with RPD Stinger, cold blooded and marathon. In Blops2 I have one class for every map I don't even bother to change out perks and that kinda thing. Blops 2 doesnt have the same level of frenzy as MW2. There always seemed to be something going on in those games maybe it was just superior map design

No, I have a stinger class. Trust me in that game it made no difference. I have several classes that I never change.
    Assault
    2 x SND (one with ninja one with sitrep)
    OMA (with akimbo machine guns)
    Danger Close (sometimes it just all gets too much)
    Sniper
    Witch (Marathon/LW/S Aim)
    LMG
    AIR Support (Stinger)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Are there many servers playing MW2 nowadays

• Advertisement

Are there many servers playing MW2 nowadays

Can't answer. I'm in the hackfest that is the PS3 :rolleyes: Have no real issues getting games although S&D was just about unplayable last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

krudler wrote: »
    I started playing it online, sweet jesus, getting annihilated every match. Hands down the best maps of any COD game though.

Nothing beats the feeling of slowly but surely getting the hang of a fps and then dishing out some pain :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Bro was playing a game on highrise the other day,played one or two rounds,yes I got tubed,yes I got commando-ed/commandoed? but I still did enjoy running around with the spas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Bro was playing a game on highrise the other day,played one or two rounds,yes I got tubed,yes I got commando-ed/commandoed? but I still did enjoy running around with the spas.

Beast of a gun. Up for reliving the summer of 2009 in the near future?

Cossax wrote: »
    Beast of a gun. Up for reliving the summer of 2009 in the near future?

Like this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'm completely free all night so can happily rage till my controller breaks over MW2 if anyone is about.

I'm completely free all night so can happily rage till my controller breaks over MW2 if anyone is about.

I'm about tonight too - Will play anything

Except Ghosts obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KingNerolives

Does anyone still play on the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I've given up on it, as it was hacked to bits the last time I played. Same went for MW3.

Or is it getting better?

I've given up on it, as it was hacked to bits the last time I played. Same went for MW3.

Or is it getting better?
    On PS3 there is only tdm games. There are hacked players but most games are fine. Still one the best games about even if though it's 9 years old. It's really surprising the amount of people who play together, like clans all mic'd up to. You wouldn't even see that in the newest cod whatever you call it.

• Advertisement

Played this weekend and got destroyed. I only play when drinking (which is my excuse) Can be hard finding games but still loads of fun when it works.
    I'm terrified I'll get my stats reset even though it really doesn't matter at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm terrified I'll get my stats reset even though it really doesn't matter at this stage.

This happened to me on Black Ops I think it was because I called someone a bad name for hacking. I was pissed off initially but then realised I didn't care as I never play it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I still play - a lot - when It allows obviously - but yes it is still by far the best game of them all - there is literally 0 bad maps apart from the add-ons - the sound, graphics are still well up there to this day.

Probably the best fps of all time!

If it was re-released at €100 on the ps4 i'd pay it!

ardinn wrote: »
    I still play - a lot - when It allows obviously - but yes it is still by far the best game of them all - there is literally 0 bad maps apart from the add-ons - the sound, graphics are still well up there to this day.

You play on pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

ardinn wrote: »

Can't argue with any of that, I know if they released it tomorrow I'd lump straight in as would 90% of my original clan, cracking game! Hope they rerelease it and don't act the bollocks with any of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Found a copy of this during a clear out. Is anyone playing this anymore? Would love a few games of domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Found a copy of this during a clear out. Is anyone playing this anymore? Would love a few games of domination.

NTbIOfv.gif

Advertisement