Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Shammy wrote: »
    On a 34 win streak in domination , then switched over to TDM (see megabitch thread)

Was that on your own, or in a party? Hard to do with randoms, so qudos if you managed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

shawpower wrote: »
    Was that on your own, or in a party? Hard to do with randoms, so qudos if you managed that.

with three English lads that i usually play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I literally played no COD for a week, but got back into it properly last night. Played FFA mostly and really felt back on form after a month or two of mediocrity. I hosted quite alot of games, which certainly helps. It's one of those games that really messes with your head. My game time clocked over 16 days last night, serious value for money. Fantastic.

I'll be in the megabitch thread tomorrow, saying I spoke to soon wink.gif

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I literally played no COD for a week, but got back into it properly last night. Played FFA mostly and really felt back on form after a month or two of mediocrity. I hosted quite alot of games, which certainly helps. It's one of those games that really messes with your head. My game time clocked over 16 days last night, serious value for money. Fantastic.

I'll be in the megabitch thread tomorrow, saying I spoke to soon wink.gif

I was playing earlier in the evening before you got on. Had some average enough games but then leveled up which gave me a new killstreak. So I decide to unlock the nuke and try for that for the laugh.

I set my streaks to Harrier/Chopper/Nuke, jumped into a Domination game and the first map in was Karachi. I also set my Perk 2 to Hardline. Got killed early at 1:1 but then got my 6 kills and found a quiet space with a roof (killed myself too many times!!) to call harrier in. Gets me two kills and then I get told that my Pavelow is ready for call in? What?!? Bugger, mustn't have selected it right so no Chopper. So when the harrier finishes, I'm up to about 12 kills so would have gotten my chopper easily. Then in comes my Pavelow. It starts circling the map as normal, but their whole team are bunched at the C flag spawn (UAV was online) and my Pavelow on the other side of the map. I was raging. It ended up getting me to 19 kills so I was 5 short. I went looking for those kills but got picked off before getting any. I reckon that with the chopper and their spawn, I could have gotten pretty close.

So I thought I'd try again. Next map: Highrise. I had ended up on a strong team the previous game, that were playing Domination correctly, holding 2 flags and spawn trapping the opposition to ensure the win. So when I ended up with them again, I thought I'd have a great chance on this map. We spawned at C so I ran out to ensure we got B. I was running a Tar silenced, thinking that i'd prefer to go unnoticed as I racked up the kills. When we had B, I hopped up on the ledge by the propane tank to start picking them off as they came out from the A spawn. Trouble was that with my silenced non-stopping power gun I was dealing light damage, so the guys up at the windows were getting the kills while I was getting stuck with assists. I ended up with 13 kills, 10 assists!!! and something like 6 deaths at the end when I ran closer to their spawn or cleared out our C flag. But I didn't get a single killstreak. If I had, the chopper would have destroyed them in the back. If I'd been running with the right gun for the circumstances, those assists probably would have halved which would have gotten my harrier pretty easily.

So clearly neither were very close to the nuke, but if I'd not made two setup mistakes there were definitly possible nukes for the taking. Firstly, killstreak was arseways, and then I needed a non-silenced, possible FMJ gun to make sure of the kills on Highrise. Oh well. But it's the first time in 3 prestiges that I've bothered to really try for a nuke, so I'm encouraged and will give it another go soon enough.

I also set my Perk 2 to Hardline.

Is using hardline for 1 less kill, actually a wothwhile trade off for stopping power? I can't see it. Those 10 assists could easily have been 10 kills?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I was playing earlier in the evening before you got on. Had some average enough games but then leveled up which gave me a new killstreak. So I decide to unlock the nuke and try for that for the laugh.

But it's the first time in 3 prestiges that I've bothered to really try for a nuke, so I'm encouraged and will give it another go soon enough.

Reminds me of a game me friend and I were in yesterday, on highrise actually. We were over the south side (the building facing the one where snipers try and climb onto the roof). I sat in with my intervention picking off people trying to storm our building, and killing people that did enter with my usp. My friend is in the same building with me, sniper picks him off from that spot on top of the building. Over the mic he tells me there's a guy up there, I kill him and his TI with a pred :)
    Then I get harriers and they get me I think 13 streak (had uav cos I only just prestiged). Meanwhile my friend has got chopper out (and nuke equipped, he always goes for nukes). About 4 minutes left, he's screaming down mic that he's at 25 kills, (he never got nuke before). Not realising that our score was 7,300 I kill two guys that are about to storm the building (as I'm defending him), bringing our score up to 7,500. He didn't have time to set nuke off, I felt so bad ;)

Td;dr. Stopped mate from gettin nuke by getting game winning kill just as he gets 25th kill.

Is using hardline for 1 less kill, actually a wothwhile trade off for stopping power? I can't see it. Those 10 assists could easily have been 10 kills?

Probably not. I won't be trying it again I think. I guess it just makes that first step a bit easier to get the harrier. 6 kills with a silenced Tar is pretty attainable, so I thought I'd try it for a little bit. Looking back though, I'd defintely run with Stopping Power.

Although, one tip I read here is to set up three classes. All with OMA installed, and all with your favorite Assault Rifle and identical apart from having different Perk 2's. It went something along the lines of using Stopping Power to give you a good chance of getting to 7 kills, then swapping to DangerClose pro before calling in the Harrier and Chopper for major benefit there, and then switching to Hardline to make it 24 for Nuke instead of 25. Although maybe it was just using 2 classes. Hardline first to mean you just get to 6, then change to DCP for air support, and then back to Hardline...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Td;dr. Stopped mate from gettin nuke by getting game winning kill just as he gets 25th kill.
    Ouch! That's gotta hurt :)

About 4 minutes left, he's screaming down mic that he's at 25 kills,

I'm assuming he didn't notice the score himself and therefore realise he needed to call it in immediately!! Sickner though.

Probably not. I won't be trying it again I think. I guess it just makes that first step a bit easier to get the harrier. 6 kills with a silenced Tar is pretty attainable, so I thought I'd try it for a little bit. Looking back though, I'd defintely run with Stopping Power.

Although, one tip I read here is to set up three classes. All with OMA installed, and all with your favorite Assault Rifle and identical apart from having different Perk 2's. It went something along the lines of using Stopping Power to give you a good chance of getting to 7 kills, then swapping to DangerClose pro before calling in the Harrier and Chopper for major benefit there, and then switching to Hardline to make it 24 for Nuke instead of 25. Although maybe it was just using 2 classes. Hardline first to mean you just get to 6, then change to DCP for air support, and then back to Hardline...

Interesting tactic.

• Advertisement

Interesting tactic.

Yeah, the logic is seamless in fairness. I've never tried DCP with AirSupport, but it sounds like it would help a lot. Particularly for the extra blast radius from the 2 Harrier bomb drop, but also for the turret guns as well. Quicker kills from them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had fun in Quarry, was using the M4, got enough to get the Harrier, called it in just as a guy from the other team called in a Pave Low, Harrier ended up taking it out within a few seconds, guy who called it in gave out yards, and I got the points for the destroy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm pretty new to MW2 so forgive me if this seems like a trifle, it had me smiling.

Was sniped to Hell and back by someone on Quarry there earlier by some kid taunting people from one of the higher positions, my own bad luck and skill put me at the wrong end of his Intervention so many times that he started to specifically taunt me. The three other people on mics were also getting fed up, not with the kids skill (he was pretty good, and was doing that quick-scoping thing quite well) but with the taunts. So once the map switched to Underpass, the game was on.

His perch was that box on the opposite side of the silos from the blue office (don't know the names of these places so bear with me). He was able to hold his own there with claymores and his USP but the taunts continued. My loadout contains smoke grenades (I'm told I use them well, I don't know either way) so I figured I could try to at least get a few points back on the guy. I'd smoke out the entrance to the box without the claymore, wait for the smoke to build and then charge straight in hip-firing, preparing a melee attack or cooking semtex to throw at his head :)

More often than not, his instincts won out and he switched to his sidearm quickly enough and took me down (I'm pretty crap to be honest) but the few times I was able to take him down and his screams of fright once his vision clouded were worth it. The taunts ended and he logged out soon after that, cursing.

I'm starting to like this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'm pretty new to MW2 so forgive me if this seems like a trifle, it had me smiling.

Was sniped to Hell and back by someone on Quarry there earlier by some kid taunting people from one of the higher positions, my own bad luck and skill put me at the wrong end of his Intervention so many times that he started to specifically taunt me. The three other people on mics were also getting fed up, not with the kids skill (he was pretty good, and was doing that quick-scoping thing quite well) but with the taunts. So once the map switched to Underpass, the game was on.

His perch was that box on the opposite side of the silos from the blue office (don't know the names of these places so bear with me). He was able to hold his own there with claymores and his USP but the taunts continued. My loadout contains smoke grenades (I'm told I use them well, I don't know either way) so I figured I could try to at least get a few points back on the guy. I'd smoke out the entrance to the box without the claymore, wait for the smoke to build and then charge straight in hip-firing, preparing a melee attack or cooking semtex to throw at his head :)

More often than not, his instincts won out and he switched to his sidearm quickly enough and took me down (I'm pretty crap to be honest) but the few times I was able to take him down and his screams of fright once his vision clouded were worth it. The taunts ended and he logged out soon after that, cursing.

It's stuff like that that I love. When someone is behaving arrogantly as that kid seems to, getting kills like that, or even just scaring the bejebus out of them, is sweet.

Rhyme wrote: »

Joooiinnn Ussss!!

Nothing like that feeling of satisfaction after killing a guy once, no matter how many times he's killed you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Normally, my first few games each nite are total pants, but after a few I get my mojo back :D

Was playing last nite, first few games, getting trounced as usual, when I decided to run the opposite way of my team on TDM in Storm, down towards the left of the map (with the startin spawn point on the hill at the chainlink fence as the point of reference".. Up the stairs I went, and as moving away from there, I heard "Enemy Emergency Airdrop" and quickly thought.. "where would I drop those crates".. so I turned around and ran back down towards the Truck. Sure enough, two blokes just about to collect their hard earned goodies, so I whipped out the RPG and fired it straight at the truck... got a shedload of points, double-kill, acheivements and my team scouped 3 outta the four crates...

A nice evening's work!

shay wrote: »
    my team scouped 3 outta the four crates...

A nice evening's work!

Sweet. I love stealing the hostiles airdrops, did it 3 times last night... got a pavelow and 2 air strikes.

That was a great idea. Blow up the truck. I don't think I'd have thought of that, but then again I don't tend to run with a RPG often. Don't have it unlocked yet this prestige anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

That was a great idea. Blow up the truck. I don't think I'd have thought of that, but then again I don't tend to run with a RPG often. Don't have it unlocked yet this prestige anyway.

Cheers - my natural destructive tendency helped me out ;)

Its a funny thing with the RPG - when I eventually reach level 65 or whatever it is, I'm delighted, like kid at xmas... then I get up to the end of level 70, and like Dougal with the red button in the cockpit of a plane, I can't help but click the prestige button (AGAIN) and its lost again!

PS I only carry it in 2 outta 7 classes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Had great fun playing Team Tactical with the lads last night! Tried out a new class with the Famas and loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Lads just quickly, what's the secondary on the riot shield default class?

Lads just quickly, what's the secondary on the riot shield default class?
    Akimbo PP2000 machine pistols

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Just unlocked the Stinger there this morning and damn it's cool to use, that little bell to tell you it's achieved lock is music to my ears. Granted I'm probably a nightmare to play against if your killstreak includes choppers or harriers.

I'll probably relegate it to a backup class once the shine wears off though, it makes stealth trickier since it sticks up so much but I'm making good use of it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Was playing this morning and a guy in the lobby was screaming swear words down the mic because a ''big bad bee'' was hovering around him in his bedroom.

Pissed myself laughing you want to hear him. :pac::pac:

celtic723 wrote: »
    Was playing this morning and a guy in the lobby was screaming swear words down the mic because a ''big bad bee'' was hovering around him in his bedroom.

Pissed myself laughing you want to hear him. :pac::pac:

I honestly don't blame the guy, although I would turn off my mic first. Or throw it off first :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

Denny M wrote: »
    Akimbo PP2000 machine pistols
    u sure its akimbo, not just 1 gun?

Ryan! wrote: »
    u sure its akimbo, not just 1 gun?

I'm nearly sure it's just 1 gun aswell, no attachments.

I'm nearly sure it's just 1 gun aswell, no attachments.
    Well I just checked there again on my game on PC, and it was Akimbo PP2000.

Denny M wrote: »
    Well I just checked there again on my game on PC, and it was Akimbo PP2000.

So it is Akimbo :p

• Advertisement

So it is Akimbo :p
    Fair enough, I was thinking maybe they had it different on the different platforms for a sec :P

Advertisement