Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Playing in Scrapyard there. A guy on the opposite team was on the 2nd floor window of the shed which is near where the A Flag on Domination is (the window in the small room straight up the stairs). He was firing at one of my teammates so I ran at the window from outside, jumped up and stabbed him. Didn't think it was possible to stab someone from the floor below.

Best thing was I got killed by someone else straightaway, so I got to see the whole thing on his KillCam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

:D - OMG - :D
    (Fun game for once)

I remember now why I made my name "Ith_mo_Spas", enemy team were stuffed by the end of that game. Start of game, triple kill with spass (single and double as soon as i could reload). Few more singles for pred, that got me a double for harriers, that got me 3 and one more shotgun sandwich and chopper time. Got 22 kills total at the end of the chopper. Got killed so wasn't bothered about beating mates killstreak at this stage, so I turn to my "Piss em off bigtime class", tar-21 silenced, stinger, scavegner, cold blooded (almost pro :)) and ninja. Shot down 3 uavs, 1 harrier and 1 pavelow.

22-1, and loads of pts for shooting down air support, not a bad game, for once :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Add me on 360 for a few games. Don't have a mic though.

RossCFC88

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Started messing with a riot shield today. Positive k:d ratio and the game winning kill cam. Nice!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Defending in S&D in Karachi and by accident I put a claymore in a really open obvious spot just in front of the bomb site beside the bus. Was pissed off that I'd probably wasted a claymore but thought "You never know". A minute later I get the match winning kill from it and this annoying American teenager who'd be whining the whole match starts screaming down the mic "WTF?! WTF?! Who puts a claymore there?!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

irish_goat wrote: »
    Defending in S&D in Karachi and by accident I put a claymore in a really open obvious spot just in front of the bomb site beside the bus. Was pissed off that I'd probably wasted a claymore but thought "You never know". A minute later I get the match winning kill from it and this annoying American teenager who'd be whining the whole match starts screaming down the mic "WTF?! WTF?! Who puts a claymore there?!" :pac:

I always stick claymores in non obvious spots, like on Karachi, everyone guesses that theres a claymore at the top of the ladder near the Seal spawn, put it just to the right where you can see over towards the market area instead, much more fun :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

irish_goat wrote: »
    A minute later I get the match winning kill from it and this annoying American teenager who'd be whining the whole match starts screaming down the mic "WTF?! WTF?! Who puts a claymore there?!" :pac:

Getting one up on those sorts of people is nice alright. They feel the need to broadcast everything they say and with every "f*ck you noob" you just want to humiliate them more and more.

Got into a free-for-all with a pile of Irish folks last night, all three on mics. Two kids from Donegal trying to synchronise tactics over the mic (perhaps didn't quite get that we can all hear) and one Cork guy moaning every time he was killed. It was surprisingly great to hear Irish accents in MW2 when you usually hear American teens bitching to each other.

I ended up sticking semtex to the head of one of the Donegal kids, killing both and they both started shouting at me trying to pronounce my username (cofaigh) and doing so wrongly. The Cork guy pipes up, pronouncing it properly, "It's pronounced Cofaigh, a fine Cork name if I've ever heard one. Now shut the Hell up before I turn this country on its end and kick yeer arses."

Beautiful.

I'm not from Cark.

Had a few good HQ games with some of boardsies tonight. Usually never play that game mode but in teams it is fairly good.

A guy got an incredible throwing knife kill on me earlier, he was down by the tail of the plane wreckage on afghan, and hoofed the knife over the hill, it sailed all the way over it, and got me right in the side of the head as I was was running alone the stone walkway/stairs thingy at the very back of the map, i really wish I was recording it, stunning shot even if it was completely accidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

krudler wrote: »
    A guy got an incredible throwing knife kill on me earlier, he was down by the tail of the plane wreckage on afghan, and hoofed the knife over the hill, it sailed all the way over it, and got me right in the side of the head as I was was running alone the stone walkway/stairs thingy at the very back of the map, i really wish I was recording it, stunning shot even if it was completely accidental.

You can just picture the delight on your mans face when his random knife throw got a kill! That would have me smiling for hours afterwards if I pulled it off. :D:D

• Advertisement

I didnt even know what killed me till I watched the killcam, was cool seeing it flip as it sailed straight over the hillside and buried it right in my noggin, awesome random kill.

I didnt even know what killed me till I watched the killcam, was cool seeing it flip as it sailed straight over the hillside and buried it right in my noggin, awesome random kill.

It's kind of a pity that you don't get to see those things as the "killer", only the victim. I'd love to have some kill cams from some of the Semtex "stuck" kills I get when playing Domination etc. I am become pretty nifty at popping a grenade right onto the flag if I'm nearby. :)

shawpower wrote: »
    It's kind of a pity that you don't get to see those things as the "killer", only the victim. I'd love to have some kill cams from some of the Semtex "stuck" kills I get when playing Domination etc. I am become pretty nifty at popping a grenade right onto the flag if I'm nearby. :)

a guy stuck a semtex to the sole of my foot once, that was hilarious, gotten them in the face a few times, and I love finding snipers, throwing one at their arse then running away, never gets old and you know they're raging when they see the killcam:D

my kdr is gone to sh1te, but I dont care, I'm having way too much fun playing for the craic and nothing else, my killstreaks are uav, package, predator now, cant be bothered going for the higher ones all the time. its more fun running and gunning and just having a laugh..

my kdr is gone to sh1te, but I dont care, I'm having way too much fun playing for the craic and nothing else, my killstreaks are uav, package, predator now, cant be bothered going for the higher ones all the time. its more fun running and gunning and just having a laugh..

I'm concentrating on my win:loss a lot more now. Since I'm playing in party's more, I'm expecting to win every game and get pissed off if we lose. Slightly less so in a TDM. When I am in a lobby of randoms, that's when I play to get the high killstreaks, but other than that it's low killstreaks and objectives first, kills second.

I'm just trying to use a lot more gun/perk combos instead of sticking to the same old all the time, I still have my fave class, my sniper one and my anti-air one, but use a few slots for purely expermenting/fcuking around, akimbo ump45's and steady aim=win :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

shawpower wrote: »

Semtex is my grenade of choice so 'stuck' kills happen every now and then, love it when the stickee has a mic. Some choice responses include "daaaaammmmnnn" "oh sheeet" and "goddam f*ck you, you c*cksucking f*ggot, face me like a man, in real life i would pwn you etc..."

This, right here. Videogames are entertainment, if you're playing for reasons other than fun, then something is terribly wrong. Granted satisfaction is a part of that enjoyment.

I use the same killstreaks *fistbump*

a guy stuck a semtex to the sole of my foot once, that was hilarious, gotten them in the face a few times, and I love finding snipers, throwing one at their arse then running away, never gets old and you know they're raging when they see the killcam:D
    I love taking the person with me when I get stuck. On wasteland, there was a guy on the turret in the square in the trenches. His team mate was lying on the ground near the central bushes. I was running parallel to the central bushes and I saw the guy lying down but he was sniping at the rest of my team (fairly poorly it has to be said) so I left him for the minute and started shooting at the guy on the turret who was racking up kills as my team proceeded to run around the corner and die. The guy lying down sticks me and I begin to run towards while continuing to shoot at the guy on the turret. All 3 of us died at the same time! :P

This, right here. Videogames are entertainment, if you're playing for reasons other than fun, then something is terribly wrong. Granted satisfaction is a part of that enjoyment.

I use the same killstreaks *fistbump*

3,4,5 in the house :D

I was playing FFA on Karachi earlier and a guy was whinging because I killed him 4 times, he was camping in the buildin just in front of the mounted machine gun near the seal spawn, standing at the top of the stairs with an ACR with baby monitor, I tagged him with semtex twice and noobtubed him (he deserved it) the other two. Then he ws bitching that I "wrecked his kdr", I mean ffs is playing the game is sat in the same spot then thats pretty sad, i was running around with silenced P90 having a laugh, went 22-17 I think, but still, it was fun.

Had a brilliant game of Domination on Crash there, which I normally hate as its so easy to get spawn trapped at either A or C, we took A, they got C then I almost had B and some fcuker tubed me. We wound up getting raped for a while as we were trapped at A, me and one other lad got out and took a few of them down, got a care package out of my 4th kill, found a quiet spot, chopper gunner , and to make it better, the lad I was with took B, so they were trapped at C, got 19 kills out of it :D we still lost but it went 197-200 so it was close, it was utter mayhem for the whole thing, I'm really starting to like Ground Wars as opposed to regular 4 or 6 team games, utter chaos from start to finish :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I put the S in wankers, and the D in b'tards .. some of you will know what I mean :D

Was really fun but my connection's gone to hell now so I'll leave it for another night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

Decided to finally try using the heartbeat sensor for the first time ever and went flawless on estate MTDM 32-0 using M4A1 Hearbeat Sensor, SOH, SPP, NINJA.

Happy days!

Ryan! wrote: »
    Decided to finally try using the heartbeat sensor for the first time ever and went flawless on estate MTDM 32-0 using M4A1 Hearbeat Sensor, SOH, SPP, NINJA.

Happy days!
    How did you get 32 kills without dying with an M4 without scavenger? Where did the ammo come from? What was your secondary?

Jackobyte wrote: »
    How did you get 32 kills without dying with an M4 without scavenger? Where did the ammo come from? What was your secondary?
    I was using the spas, i've no idea how I managed it but I did. I was especially surprised because I wasn't using a silencer, there wasn't enough time to put bling on pre-game. And yea I usually use scavenger.

Ryan! wrote: »
    I was using the spas, i've no idea how I managed it but I did. I was especially surprised because I wasn't using a silencer, there wasn't enough time to put bling on pre-game. And yea I usually use scavenger.
    Oh ya, killstreaks as well I suppose. Forgot about those things. :rolleyes:

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Oh ya, killstreaks as well I suppose. Forgot about those things. :rolleyes:
    Yea, annihilated them with harrier, pavelow, chopper-gunner setup :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

The other night I'd a load of my mates online, so we all hopped into a private match. We played 4v4 S&D and went through every map from start to finish. Up playing till about 5am. The most I've enjoyed COD in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Played some DOM and TDM with a few boards lads last night.

Had a great few games even though we came up against an abundance of teams using the t00b/camping strategy.

Apologies if I brought the team standard down :o

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

I used to care way to much about k/d in the 2 previous games, didn't make much of a difference to cod 4 as I was unreal with the mp5. WaW though just aggrivated me I had a decent kill death ratio and struggled to keep it there and it pissed me off some special but then I realised that game was a crock of sh*te. Then with MW2 same old story and started off terrible and managed to get even and just gave up, now I've been having way more fun and my k/d went up but i'll only check it once every few months or so, don't want to end up not enjoying the game.

The great thing about this game is variety I only prestiged for the first time last week, only had a day and a half of gameplay even though a got the game at midnight when it came out, but anyway I pretty much used maybe 5 guns throughout the prestige and only really used 2 guns excessively and pretty much the same perks throughout. Now that I have prestiged though I've decided to change it up a bit. The mpk5 is great (i wouldn't use it at the start as I thought it was only a rip off of the mp5)
    albeit not as good as the mp5 but stick steady aim on and when playing trailer park its just too easy.

The game was obviously planned better aswell, the new match making seems to work better with the ping and so on. The new migrating host is also a great addition, I used to play cod4 with a friend and he could tell when he was host and if he was doing slightly bad he would try his hardest to get in the top 3 and quit to end the game just to get the win(he had a 150 win streak). The game is also brillant for loading time, i doubt many games load fast that it, btw I'm talking about when you turn it on.

That is way I like the game, there are alot of cons but the amount of pro's totally outweight them.

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I put the S in wankers, and the D in b'tards .. some of you will know what I mean :D

Was really fun but my connection's gone to hell now so I'll leave it for another night.

That was fun alright, although I kept getting kicked out of the lobby or wound up on the enemy teams even with a [Brds] tag, a few times I stayed in the same lobby as the enemy guys and had to join session to get back in the boardsie one. Good fun though, and I caught 2 guys boosting on the TDM on Afghan, two opposing team players on the cliff behind the gun emplacements, my teammate had no TI down but I heard the enemy one, ran over, shot him twice, and then clambered onto the cliffside trapping my teammate :D he kept pm'ing me abuse but I wouldnt move,I kept firing hoping an enemy would see me on the UAV and come over and kill us both, he eventuall chucked himself off the cliff as he couldnt get back on the ledge from where I had him trapped, ah booster justice :D

Advertisement