Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Stratige

callaway92 wrote: »
    it brings it back to normal footstep sound, so you sir, are WRONG
    Oh, ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

callaway92 wrote: »
    it takes around 3 solid days of playing, always having sitrep on...you get some games where you might get 10-15 claymores if a few people are using them, especially with scavenger

It's annoying enough to do, esp. if you come across some bollix with a heartbeat sensor or a headphone user.

It is a useful perk though, if you play Derailed, Sub-base, Underpass or Rundown you're likely to come across quite a few claymores, it'll tell you where someone is as well as saving your ass if you plan on rushing into a building unaware.

No idea how people get the 750 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Me and JamieDev are having a great laugh killing boosters all afternoon, found 2 sets of them in a game there it ridiculous, getting double kills with semtex all over the place :D

Just went 30-5 on Storm with the Akimbo G18s and Scrambler, fuuuuun! :cool:
    Got Scrambler Pro (for completeness, mainly) in 2 or 3 rounds with Akimbo weaponry, G18s and P90s.

LOL, I got thrown into a game of TDM where my team was losing 3200-900, they were all snipers and crap ones at that, and just as I spawned an enemy guy threw a care package marker right near me, killed him, took his crate, chopper gunner! since all my team were camping on one half of the map, I spawn trapped the other team and raped them, brought the team score back up to 3000, we won in the end:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

krudler wrote: »
    LOL, I got thrown into a game of TDM where my team was losing 3200-900, they were all snipers and crap ones at that, and just as I spawned an enemy guy threw a care package marker right near me, killed him, took his crate, chopper gunner! since all my team were camping on one half of the map, I spawn trapped the other team and raped them, brought the team score back up to 3000, we won in the end:D
    lol, epic! What map was it on? And of all the things he could have got, I bet the owner of the CP was bloody raging!

Denny M wrote: »
    lol, epic! What map was it on? And of all the things he could have got, I bet the owner of the CP was bloody raging!

Wasteland, the enemy team kept spawning near the helicopter, it was double kill after double kill, only for my team moved and they started spawning in other places I would have kept going :D 21 kills out of a stolen care package, its things like that that make the game worth playing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

krudler wrote: »

ive done this on cod4, we were losing by about 1500 points, i killed 20 people in a row bringing us up to about 7000 points, i was congratulated by my own team while accused of cheating by the other team, i was ''camping'' in one building waiting for them to come to me, when i shot one id move to another room and waited for them to come back lol. eventually ran out of ammo and got killed while switching weapons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

gino85 wrote: »
    I was camping in one building waiting for them to come to me
    Fixed that for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

gino85 wrote: »
    ive done this on cod4, we were losing by about 1500 points, i killed 20 people in a row bringing us up to about 7000 points, i was congratulated by my own team while accused of cheating by the other team, i was ''camping'' in one building waiting for them to come to me, when i shot one id move to another room and waited for them to come back lol. eventually ran out of ammo and got killed while switching weapons

are you sure you just werent accused of "camping" :confused:

lol, I really need to get a capture card, got a brilliant kill on Storm there, heard a guy thrown down a care package marker, shot him enough to put him into Final Stand, he backed away from me as I was reloading my RPD and he got squished by his own package :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Just got a nuke on bailout ....

checked the score after the chopper gunner

7400 :pac: blessed

Just got a nuke on bailout ....

checked the score after the chopper gunner

7400 :pac: blessed

Congrats, its a great rush getting to 20+ kills, praying someone doesnt shoot down the chopper or tube you at the last minute.

Was playing a TDM game on Bailout yesterday, the whole enemy team was on the walkway between the two main buildings(the arcade and gym), to be fair to them they were doing a damn good job of defending it, one of my teammates robbed on of their care packages as it landed by one of the cars out on the ground floor, got a predator out of it. boom, 6 person multikill.We still lost but it split them all up and it went to 7500-7200 in the end, was a really fun game.

LOL, forgot to change my killstreaks when rust came up... predator missle, harrier and ......emergency airdrop!!!!

You've never seen crazy till you've seen a fully loaded lobby in rust when an emergency airdrop with an ac130 in it is up for grabs. I'm gonna keep that streak when rust is on now, its crazy fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just had a funny one in Underpass, I had a cold-blooded class, other team got 3 harriers that I managed to take down. With the 3rd one the person that called it in simply said "oh f**k you straight to hell"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭raheny red

The quickest way to get sitrep pro is by using noob tubes with danger close.

raheny red wrote: »

but thats turning to the dark side....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

raheny red wrote: »

How's that? Just running around searching for claymores and then blowing them up from afar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

shawpower wrote: »
    How's that? Just running around searching for claymores and then blowing them up from afar?

Quickest way to get it is to go into a ffa with Damo , Mal and Blacky , you should have sitrep pro within the hour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭raheny red

Well, obviously you could just do that but you can also carry out the main objectives also. I'm currently trying to get 720 done in order to complete the challenge, sad really. You'll fly along really with danger close and a noob tube. I got 20 in one game of demolition alone today. The team defending were on the plane and two of their players had scavenger and one man army on. So they were filling the entrance at the top of the plane with claymores. Before I entered the plane I would fire down a noob tube, helping clear the way for my team and I. It's pretty handy. Sitrep pro is an unreal tool. Trying to unlock it 'normally' will take some time and effort, with danger close you'll fly through it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Demolition on Derail. My teams just planted the bomb at B and i'm running around the back of the containers to stop them defusing when i bump into some sh1tebag that wastes a round shooting at a combination of me and the ground. As he's doing this totally unawares i had already started putting my tactical insertion down when he kills me. The chap shat himself thinking yesss two free kills off this loser when he realised that i had respawned before he had the chance to reload. Result: He got a p90 in the mush. Worthy of a facepalm surely.

I thought afterwards....Why didn't he switch to his secondary. Got to love these planks that insist on playing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm currently in a lobby with 3 friends playing team tactical against these Irish lads. They're hilarious. I've got tears in my eyes. It's so funny. Times like these, i love this game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Had my first flawless game today :)

Went 24-1-0 on domination in wasteland

Just when i was starting to tire of this game!

Also riot shield + throwing knife + scavenger = hours of fun

anyone know is there a limit on how many claymores can be planted by 1 player at any one time with the likes of scavenger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dhagendas39

hightower1 wrote: »
    anyone know is there a limit on how many claymores can be planted by 1 player at any one time with the likes of scavenger?

2 is the most claymore you can have down, if you put down a third one the 1st one blows up

This, although I think it's possible to switch using OMA to a class with C4, and the C4 doesn't remove the Clays. Some use this tactic to increase the blast radius of a clay, or so I'm lead to believe.

Have read that before, never seen it in action though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dhagendas39

ya ive seen this few times, its a nice trick, you just put down a claymore somewhere kinda obvious and you put a c4 hidden infront of it somewhere and the person comes over and sees the claymore and shoots it but the claymore blows up the c4 and kills the guy lol:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Loving my new class:

M16 w/ red dot
    AA12 w/ extended mags

SOHP
    SPP
    NP

Semtex
    Flashbangs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

Loving my new class:

M16 w/ red dot
    AA12 w/ extended mags

SOHP
    SPP
    NP

Semtex
    Flashbangs
    Apparently the holo sight is more accurate on the m16 due because of a glitch.

LOL I just ran towards a guy as I was changing my class with OMA, he was panic firing as the class change completed as I hoofed it right up to him and buried a throwing knife in his mush :D he was RAGING over the mic at me lol

Never realised you can get glass penetration kills with a throwing knife, turns out you can :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

C4 and Riot Shields are so much fun. As is cornering someone with a riot shield and watching them panic :pac: Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

As is cornering someone with a riot shield and watching them panic :pac: Good times.

Had one lad chasing me around for about 4 games.Every time I seen him coming down a corridor crouched I'd turn and leg it.Then stop and turn to see if he p1sesed off some where else only to catch him stop running and crouch behind me again.Nearly died laughing.He had a mike and at the end of each map said he only wanted to talk to me:D

Last night was playing with a bunch of guys who insisted on spinning around on the spot every time they killed someone, its was fcuking hilarious, the enemy team must haev thought they were all nuts, I joined in as well :D for all the bitching between players that goes on when people do stupid stuff like this it makes it more fun.

ho-lee sh1t, was just in a TDM game there where we utterly annihilated the other team on Salvage, went 7500-1100, my first kill was a triple, got another a few secs later, got my uav and predator out of that hardline, got my emergency airdrop from that with a double and another kill, got a pavelow, harrier, airstrike and uav from the drop, then another guy another drop immediately after, he got a pavelow, uav, harrier and predator out of it, it was crazy! they kept grouping together so it was double and triple kills all over the place, never seen anything like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Krudler, I joined that game, within 2 seconds of spawning some of your air support killed me. I quit straight away :P

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Krudler, I joined that game, within 2 seconds of spawning some of your air support killed me. I quit straight away :P

lol I dont blame ya, many a time I've been horsed into a game where the other team had harriers and pavelows and just thought "fcuk this noise" and left :D

HOLY ****, just saw a guy go 67-9 on domination in a ground war, got a nuke as well

On a 34 win streak in domination , then switched over to TDM (see megabitch thread)

Shammy wrote: »
    On a 34 win streak in domination , then switched over to TDM (see megabitch thread)

Was that on your own, or in a party? Hard to do with randoms, so qudos if you managed that.

with three English lads that i usually play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I literally played no COD for a week, but got back into it properly last night. Played FFA mostly and really felt back on form after a month or two of mediocrity. I hosted quite alot of games, which certainly helps. It's one of those games that really messes with your head. My game time clocked over 16 days last night, serious value for money. Fantastic.

I'll be in the megabitch thread tomorrow, saying I spoke to soon wink.gif

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I literally played no COD for a week, but got back into it properly last night. Played FFA mostly and really felt back on form after a month or two of mediocrity. I hosted quite alot of games, which certainly helps. It's one of those games that really messes with your head. My game time clocked over 16 days last night, serious value for money. Fantastic.

I'll be in the megabitch thread tomorrow, saying I spoke to soon wink.gif

I was playing earlier in the evening before you got on. Had some average enough games but then leveled up which gave me a new killstreak. So I decide to unlock the nuke and try for that for the laugh.

I set my streaks to Harrier/Chopper/Nuke, jumped into a Domination game and the first map in was Karachi. I also set my Perk 2 to Hardline. Got killed early at 1:1 but then got my 6 kills and found a quiet space with a roof (killed myself too many times!!) to call harrier in. Gets me two kills and then I get told that my Pavelow is ready for call in? What?!? Bugger, mustn't have selected it right so no Chopper. So when the harrier finishes, I'm up to about 12 kills so would have gotten my chopper easily. Then in comes my Pavelow. It starts circling the map as normal, but their whole team are bunched at the C flag spawn (UAV was online) and my Pavelow on the other side of the map. I was raging. It ended up getting me to 19 kills so I was 5 short. I went looking for those kills but got picked off before getting any. I reckon that with the chopper and their spawn, I could have gotten pretty close.

So I thought I'd try again. Next map: Highrise. I had ended up on a strong team the previous game, that were playing Domination correctly, holding 2 flags and spawn trapping the opposition to ensure the win. So when I ended up with them again, I thought I'd have a great chance on this map. We spawned at C so I ran out to ensure we got B. I was running a Tar silenced, thinking that i'd prefer to go unnoticed as I racked up the kills. When we had B, I hopped up on the ledge by the propane tank to start picking them off as they came out from the A spawn. Trouble was that with my silenced non-stopping power gun I was dealing light damage, so the guys up at the windows were getting the kills while I was getting stuck with assists. I ended up with 13 kills, 10 assists!!! and something like 6 deaths at the end when I ran closer to their spawn or cleared out our C flag. But I didn't get a single killstreak. If I had, the chopper would have destroyed them in the back. If I'd been running with the right gun for the circumstances, those assists probably would have halved which would have gotten my harrier pretty easily.

So clearly neither were very close to the nuke, but if I'd not made two setup mistakes there were definitly possible nukes for the taking. Firstly, killstreak was arseways, and then I needed a non-silenced, possible FMJ gun to make sure of the kills on Highrise. Oh well. But it's the first time in 3 prestiges that I've bothered to really try for a nuke, so I'm encouraged and will give it another go soon enough.

I also set my Perk 2 to Hardline.

Is using hardline for 1 less kill, actually a wothwhile trade off for stopping power? I can't see it. Those 10 assists could easily have been 10 kills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I was playing earlier in the evening before you got on. Had some average enough games but then leveled up which gave me a new killstreak. So I decide to unlock the nuke and try for that for the laugh.

But it's the first time in 3 prestiges that I've bothered to really try for a nuke, so I'm encouraged and will give it another go soon enough.

Reminds me of a game me friend and I were in yesterday, on highrise actually. We were over the south side (the building facing the one where snipers try and climb onto the roof). I sat in with my intervention picking off people trying to storm our building, and killing people that did enter with my usp. My friend is in the same building with me, sniper picks him off from that spot on top of the building. Over the mic he tells me there's a guy up there, I kill him and his TI with a pred :)
    Then I get harriers and they get me I think 13 streak (had uav cos I only just prestiged). Meanwhile my friend has got chopper out (and nuke equipped, he always goes for nukes). About 4 minutes left, he's screaming down mic that he's at 25 kills, (he never got nuke before). Not realising that our score was 7,300 I kill two guys that are about to storm the building (as I'm defending him), bringing our score up to 7,500. He didn't have time to set nuke off, I felt so bad ;)

Td;dr. Stopped mate from gettin nuke by getting game winning kill just as he gets 25th kill.

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Is using hardline for 1 less kill, actually a wothwhile trade off for stopping power? I can't see it. Those 10 assists could easily have been 10 kills?

Probably not. I won't be trying it again I think. I guess it just makes that first step a bit easier to get the harrier. 6 kills with a silenced Tar is pretty attainable, so I thought I'd try it for a little bit. Looking back though, I'd defintely run with Stopping Power.

Although, one tip I read here is to set up three classes. All with OMA installed, and all with your favorite Assault Rifle and identical apart from having different Perk 2's. It went something along the lines of using Stopping Power to give you a good chance of getting to 7 kills, then swapping to DangerClose pro before calling in the Harrier and Chopper for major benefit there, and then switching to Hardline to make it 24 for Nuke instead of 25. Although maybe it was just using 2 classes. Hardline first to mean you just get to 6, then change to DCP for air support, and then back to Hardline...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Td;dr. Stopped mate from gettin nuke by getting game winning kill just as he gets 25th kill.
    Ouch! That's gotta hurt :)

About 4 minutes left, he's screaming down mic that he's at 25 kills,

I'm assuming he didn't notice the score himself and therefore realise he needed to call it in immediately!! Sickner though.

Probably not. I won't be trying it again I think. I guess it just makes that first step a bit easier to get the harrier. 6 kills with a silenced Tar is pretty attainable, so I thought I'd try it for a little bit. Looking back though, I'd defintely run with Stopping Power.

Although, one tip I read here is to set up three classes. All with OMA installed, and all with your favorite Assault Rifle and identical apart from having different Perk 2's. It went something along the lines of using Stopping Power to give you a good chance of getting to 7 kills, then swapping to DangerClose pro before calling in the Harrier and Chopper for major benefit there, and then switching to Hardline to make it 24 for Nuke instead of 25. Although maybe it was just using 2 classes. Hardline first to mean you just get to 6, then change to DCP for air support, and then back to Hardline...

Interesting tactic.