Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Did anyone else get annoyed at Marty Morrissey for speaking over Slievenamon to thank fans for not running onto the field after Kerwick sang The Galtee Mountain Boy? Twould have been nice if the whole song was played. I'm not complaining about the day, dont get me wrong at all, ye know yerselves like

you took the words outta my mouth;another gaffe from the unfortunate looking one.Also,the bloody PA system was torture.Apart from that,it was a day to savour.Hopefully,a new dynasty for Tipp hurling to rival the early 60s vintage.Tiobraid Arann abu!

looder wrote: »

Ha ha good man Festy. He sung it in Mullinahone Tuesday night too with little encouragement to do so, fair play to him!

leave paddy saint and his missus alone mrbatman. A jilted ex-boyfriend no doubt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Are ye lot still celebrating?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Are Stand tickets available at the ground tomorrow for the U21's, The tickets on ticketmaster are all stuck in the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Are Stand tickets available at the ground tomorrow for the U21's, The tickets on ticketmaster are all stuck in the corner?
    They're nearly sold out as far as I know. Thy're on sale in Superquinn in Clonmel and also in Lar na Pairce at the moment. I think you can pay cash at gate for the terraces. €10. That's where I'm heading anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

They're nearly sold out as far as I know. Thy're on sale in Superquinn in Clonmel and also in Lar na Pairce at the moment. I think you can pay cash at gate for the terraces. €10. That's where I'm heading anyway!

did you go to the All Ireland last Sunday Looder?

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    did you go to the All Ireland last Sunday Looder?
    Sure did!! .... When the hill broke out in Slievnamon with about 5 or 6 mins to go, it was one of the best feelings in the world. Unreal :D ... I only got the voice back on Wednesday :D. It was quare nice going into work in Kilkenny City on Tuesday morning I tell ya!! Did you go up yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Sure did!! .... When the hill broke out in Slievnamon with about 5 or 6 mins to go, it was one of the best feelings in the world. Unreal :D ... I only got the voice back on Wednesday :D. It was quare nice going into work in Kilkenny City on Tuesday morning I tell ya!! Did you go up yourself?

yes i did. was in the Stand.
    was it your first senior championship game of the year?

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    yes i did. was in the Stand.
    was it your first senior championship game of the year?
    Jaysus no! I was below in Cork too. I missed the Saturday qualifier with Wexford through work this year unfortunately, missed the Offaly match through commitments to the club team and got caught babysitting for both the quarter and semi final Sundays as the Godsons parents were both caught in work. First year in 4 that I've missed a championship match. I would have loved to be in Croker for the Galway match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Plug wrote: »
    Are ye lot still celebrating?:P
    Hopefully we will be doing more celebrating on Saturday night:cool:

• Advertisement

I heard that the Terrace was 15 euro Looder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Tipperary team shows one change with Ciaran Haugh replacing the suspended J Coghlan
    Tipperary (All-Ireland U21HC final v Galway) – James Logue, Kevin O’Gorman, Padraic Maher, Michael Cahill, James Barry, Brendan Maher, Ciarán Hough, Seamus Hennessy, Noel McGrath, Seán Carey, Patrick Maher, Brian O’Meara, Michael Heffernan, Paddy Murphy, John O’Dwyer. twud be deadly if we won this aswell. the future would be looking really bright for us. come on lads. TIPP ABÚ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

looder have you got any word yet on when the Swan are playing the county senior semi-final?

2 All Irelands in 1 week! Up the premier!

What a week for our Hurlers !! A massacre in Semple tonight,Happy days:):)

tippspur wrote: »
    What a week for our Hurlers !! A massacre in Semple tonight,Happy days:):)

And personally i think if it was held in Pearse stadium in Galway we'd have travelled up in our droves and won comfortably.
    Galway drove wides and missed goals but i personally think it would have only angered tipp.
    delighted the bonnar got a goal.

And personally i think if it was held in Pearse stadium in Galway we'd have travelled up in our droves and won comfortably.
    Galway drove wides and missed goals but i personally think it would have only angered tipp.
    delighted the bonnar got a goal.
    yeah. id say we would have beaten them handy. delighted for bonnar aswell.

tom thum wrote: »
    yeah. id say we would have beaten them handy. delighted for bonnar aswell.

The only disappointing thing is that the inter-county scene is done til next year. Anyone want to start a county championships thread and wait til resumption of 2011 league for a new Tipperary discussion thread?

The only disappointing thing is that the inter-county scene is done til next year. Anyone want to start a county championships thread and wait til resumption of 2011 league for a new Tipperary discussion thread?
    i think it would be better if we left it in here, instead of having seperate threads. if we could drop the 2010 on the end of the thread name.

So when's the club games back in action? Who is playing who and what happens to the divisional champions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Dexysgirl

I am truly delighted that Tipp won in Croke Park on the 1st Sunday in September. It was a magnificant game and the win was deserved.
    I was born in Tipp. My parents are both from Galway, but have spent much of their 166 combined years living in Tipp. I feel that between us we cover the average oppinion about having the U21 final in Semple Stadium.
    As it is the home of the GAA is a nice idea that one of the All-Ireland finals be played there.
    However, neither myself or anyone in my extended family feel it was right or fair that the final was played in Thurles yesterday. Its just that simple.
    You can say that Tipp would have won in Pearse Stadium , and you could be right, but that was never a possibility.
    I would hope that the clubs of Tipperary would themselves lobby the powers that be in The GAA to have an alternative venue in place, should this situation occur again. Then when Tipp wins, then there can be no doubt.
    I would hope not to get any nasty or smart replies to this as being a Tipp person myself I would not expect it from my fellow countymen/women.
    Thanks

Dexysgirl wrote: »
    I am truly delighted that Tipp won in Croke Park on the 1st Sunday in September. It was a magnificant game and the win was deserved.
    I was born in Tipp. My parents are both from Galway, but have spent much of their 166 combined years living in Tipp. I feel that between us we cover the average oppinion about having the U21 final in Semple Stadium.
    As it is the home of the GAA is a nice idea that one of the All-Ireland finals be played there.
    However, neither myself or anyone in my extended family feel it was right or fair that the final was played in Thurles yesterday. Its just that simple.
    You can say that Tipp would have won in Pearse Stadium , and you could be right, but that was never a possibility.
    I would hope that the clubs of Tipperary would themselves lobby the powers that be in The GAA to have an alternative venue in place, should this situation occur again. Then when Tipp wins, then there can be no doubt.
    I would hope not to get any nasty or smart replies to this as being a Tipp person myself I would not expect it from my fellow countymen/women.
    Thanks

I have a degree of sympathy with Galway and felt that the venue should have been decided after the semis. Limerick or Ennis would have been a better choice. However Thurles was chosen back in April or May as the venue and no county objected to it then. Also dont forget that Tipp had to travel to Pearse back in 2003 for a senior all ireland qualifier. We could have also complained but we didnt and won the match.
    On top of that Galway never complain about the fact they have only one game to play to get to an all ireland final at u21 level and it took alot of persuasion before they entertained the idea of joining leinster at any level. they were more then happy to use circumstances to their own advantage

julyjane wrote: »
    looder have you got any word yet on when the Swan are playing the county senior semi-final?

As far as I know, it's the first week in October (that's according to the County board anyway) - It's the quarter, not the semi. We won't know the opposition until the week before.
    tippspur wrote: »
    I heard that the Terrace was 15 euro Looder.

I paid €15 for the terrace alright last night. Don't know where I got the idea that it was €10 out of. Both stands were fairly full and the terrace had a fair number of people in it too. The attendance of 21,100 seemed a little low for what was there i think. I would have said closer to 25,000 myself. It was over as a contest after 15 minutes. I'm delighted we didn't ease off and win by just 8 or 9 points. We showed no compassion whatsoever to them. Bonnar was my man of the match. He worked his socks off.

Shane McGrath is some character lads. The craic he was at with the sliothars was unreal, not to mention the jump after he won it. Legend.
    So when's the club games back in action? Who is playing who and what happens to the divisional champions?

This week in Thurles: Seamus O Riain Cup double header under lights Monday and Tuesday.

Seamus O'Riain Cup; Round 2

Templederry Kenyons Vs Portroe
    in Semple Stadium on Mon 13-Sep @6-30pm

Nenagh Eire Óg Vs Lorrha/Dorrha in Semple Stadium on Mon 13-Sep @8pm

Loughmore vs Cashel in Semple Stadium on Tues 14-Sep @ 6-30pm

Kilruane MacDonaghs Vs Roscrea in Semple Stadium on Tues 14-Sep @8pm

I'll go with:
    *Templederry (although I've a soft spot for Dinny 'the hand' Hogans Portrow (as we pronounce it here in the South)
    *Nenagh
    *Loughmore by 10 points+
    *The men from Clughjordan, Kilruaine

The North and Mid finals are on next Sunday. Toome vs Borris up North with Sars playing Drom in the Mid - Not sure of times or venues but presume it'll be Nenagh up North and the Stadium for the Mid.

1st round of the County championship is also been played next weekend.
    This is the draw for it:
    County Championship draw

Killenaule v Upperchurch Drombane

Carrick Davins v Galtee/Treacys
    (could be off as rumours flying around the Combo are pulling out)

Kildangan v Éire Óg Anacarty

Burgess v Holycross Ballycahill

North Runners Up v Knockavilla Kickhams

Mullinahone v Mid Runners Up

The way it'll work is this:
    Round 1: 12 teams (losing divisional semi-finalists + losing divisional finalists each division): 6 games

Round 2: (8 teams (6 Winners Round 1 + 2 Seamus O'Riain Cup Finalists); 4 games

Quarter Finals: 8 teams (4 Divisional Winners [Clonoulty + Carrick Swans so far Vs 4 Winners Round 2); 4 games

Semi Final:

Final :

Final has to be played by Sunday October 17th as far as I know as Tipp need to have a team in the Munster club championship.

We've a pretty complicated system here in Tipp!!- We should probably try and reduce the number of Senior teams as they're just too many up at the moment but that's a story for a whole other day.

I'm going heading upto the Stadium myself Monday night I'd say to have a look. Should be two good games. Nenagh vs Lorrha is a bit of a derby and should be a cracker.

Dexysgirl wrote: »
    Thanks

Without sounding harsh, Tipperary 5-22 Galway 0-12 This was one of the best Tipp under 21 sides ever when you think about it so I've no doubt that if the game was played in Salthill, Croke Park, Limerick or Ennis the outcome would have been the same (although the margin probably wouldn't have been as great). Also word from Galway was that this was a mediocre Galway u21 team compared to what we have seen over the past decade.

In saying that, I do agree that it should have been a neutral venue with Limerick been the obvious choice. It wasn't Tipp's fault though, it was the GAA's. Personally I think the real reason it was played there was that the GAA need to justify putting up floodlights in Semple Stadium.

I absolutely detest the idea of hurling been played under lights. Hurling is too fast a game with too small a ball for under lights. It takes that split second longer to notice the ball and it's a lot more difficult to read under lights than during the day. Take the Tipp goal last night that went all the way to the net in the second half. That would not have happened in my opinion if the game was played during the day. It's grand to train under lights but a match should never be played under them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Unbelieveable win last night, they deserves some credit for their hard work, and I'm sure they'll be celebratin this week. It says alot about the characters of the u21's who were on the senior team that they didnt travel to Mullinahone with the cup - straight back to buisness with the heads down. If they keep up this attitude, the future might be looking bright enough :)

Look lads if the game was played in the Galway Managers back garden Tipp would still have hammered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I wish I was from Tipp like me Daddy(Templemore):) - Exciting times indeed for hurling in the county. With proper management I reckon the current crop of players at Senior and U21 level have more then enough talent to rival KK's achievements under Cody. Its all about getting the management right which unfortunatly did not happen after Nicky English departed the scene after the last All Ireland. I firmly believe the current senior manager is the man to do this and hope he stays on as long as possible to guide Tipp to even greater heights:D

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I wish I was from Tipp like me Daddy(Templemore):) - Exciting times indeed for hurling in the county. With proper management I reckon the current crop of players at Senior and U21 level have more then enough talent to rival KK's achievements under Cody. Its all about getting the management right which unfortunatly did not happen after Nicky English departed the scene after the last All Ireland. I firmly believe the current senior manager is the man to do this and hope he stays on as long as possible to guide Tipp to even greater heights:D

Good on ya Birdnuts. good to hear your keeping the blue and gold flying up in Blessington by all accounts (Wicklow and Tipp)

it has been an amazing september in fairness. i just hope , that they can kick on and not let the winning of one senior all ireland get to their heads. if competition is strong in the panel and the lads keep the head , then the future shold be bright indeed.ill always remember this september well.

• Advertisement

tom thum wrote: »
    it has been an amazing september in fairness. i just hope , that they can kick on and not let the winning of one senior all ireland get to their heads. if competition is strong in the panel and the lads keep the head , then the future shold be bright indeed.ill always remember this september well.

Previous years after winning the AI come into mind but i have a feeling about this team and the infrastructure that is in place that we can build on this. we have let good teams go to rot in the past but we have a hungry young manager and hungry young team and we have Larry Corbett, Brendan Cummins and Eoin Kelly who will keep these youngsters feet on the ground and get the message through that All Ireland's are not a God given right as they found out to their cost. We are in the best position we were ever in to win all irelands.
    Babs and Leahy may disagree :rolleyes:

Advertisement