Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

Speak of King Larry, big game for the Sars the weekend.
    Plus, how do ye think St Patrick's will fare in Junior Munster final? would be fantastic if they won it such a small community between the 2 villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Speak of King Larry, big game for the Sars the weekend.
    Plus, how do ye think St Patrick's will fare in Junior Munster final? would be fantastic if they won it such a small community between the 2 villages.
    I was talking to a man from Cork today who reckoned the Cork champs will be very strong. If you look at how Borrisokane faired in the intermediate it's not looking too good for Pats but hopefully they can do it. St. Pats is a club I always liked to see do well so hopefully they can surprise me and beat the Cork side.

I seen their opponents in the Semi play in relegation in Waterford last year or the year before (at intermediate level) and I wasn't impressed with them at all and it took Pats extra time to dispose of them. Hopefully that was an off day for the Drangan men though. 'hon the South!

I reckon Sars will beat De La Salle by four or five points. I really can't see anyone in the country beating Thurles Sars. They're an awesome team on paper. They still haven't hit full potential this year but when they do, they'll annihilate whoever is in their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Is Zinx getting so desperate for some Hurling success now that he is adopting Cork teams,It's sad to see.:rolleyes:

Best of luck to Sars by the way.

looder wrote: »
    I was talking to a man from Cork today who reckoned the Cork champs will be very strong. If you look at how Borrisokane faired in the intermediate it's not looking too good for Pats but hopefully they can do it. St. Pats is a club I always liked to see do well so hopefully they can surprise me and beat the Cork side.

I seen their opponents in the Semi play in relegation in Waterford last year or the year before (at intermediate level) and I wasn't impressed with them at all and it took Pats extra time to dispose of them. Hopefully that was an off day for the Drangan men though. 'hon the South!

I reckon Sars will beat De La Salle by four or five points. I really can't see anyone in the country beating Thurles Sars. They're an awesome team on paper. They still haven't hit full potential this year but when they do, they'll annihilate whoever is in their way.

The Cloneen crowd may take exception to you referring to St Pats solely as the 'Drangan men' :D

To be fair as you said that team were intermediate only last year so Pats can take a bit from having beaten them but they have it all to do v Meelin.

One of Meelins players scored 2-10 out of 2-15 the last day so if Pats can contain him they have a chance.

Sars have a great chance of claiming the crown this year but the Leinster champions will have a good chance and i wouldn't write Clarinbridge off either as Galway club hurling is very strong.

i was awestruck by the county experience Sars have when i looked at their lineup and Redser wasn't even involved on the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭zinx

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Great year for KK hurling
    Another big shout for De la salle in their beating of Tipperhairy chumps Thurles Sars today.

Poor auld Tipp lads starting to fall apart again after a bit of success in September...Bluffers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

zinx wrote: »
    Another big shout for De la salle in their beating of Tipperhairy chumps Thurles Sars today.

Poor auld Tipp lads starting to fall apart again after a bit of success in September...Bluffers

You've clearly not been paying attention:
    zinx,

If you post in this thread again I will ban you from the entire Tipperary Forum. Consider this your only warning.

Banned, permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Dunno what happened Sars in the first half today. They'd a great chance which they rushed right at the end to draw level. De La Salle could very well go on and win it out now I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Does anyone know what time and where the Waterford Crystal match is being played on sunday?

Clonmel Sportsfield at 2.00 pm

jprboy wrote: »
    Clonmel Sportsfield at 2.00 pm
    Yep,Sunday 16th Jan.good to see this thread on the move again, means there's a bit of Hurling on the go,the Tipp lads will only be back from there Holidays so I wouldn't be expecting a whole lot out of them but they should still overcome WIT.

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    Yep,Sunday 16th Jan.good to see this thread on the move again, means there's a bit of Hurling on the go,the Tipp lads will only be back from there Holidays so I wouldn't be expecting a whole lot out of them but they should still overcome WIT.

Footballers due to play Waterford. same venue?

c'mon the premier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Footballers due to play Waterford. same venue?

c'mon the premier!

Footballers playing in Walsh Park, Hurlers in Clonmel. I might be at the football game, I'll report back if I go

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Far be it from a Clare man to tell good Tipperary folks how to run their hurling, but do you want to start a new thread for the new season? Do you want to rename this 1? Do you want to start a thread in the GAA forum? Do you want to move this to the GAA forum (with a re-direct from here)?

Let me know if you want me to do any of the above and I'll do it

Clareman wrote: »
    Far be it from a Clare man to tell good Tipperary folks how to run their hurling, but do you want to start a new thread for the new season? Do you want to rename this 1? Do you want to start a thread in the GAA forum? Do you want to move this to the GAA forum (with a re-direct from here)?

Let me know if you want me to do any of the above and I'll do it

Personally id be for a new thread but perhaps we could put a poll up to gauge peoples views?

New hurling year so new thread is more then appropriate but lets hope our fortunes are the same as last year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

Personally id be for a new thread but perhaps we could put a poll up to gauge peoples views?

New hurling year so new thread is more then appropriate but lets hope our fortunes are the same as last year ;)

ya im good for the new thread too if all else are in! nice one.

Edit: Although i do like to read back over this one now and then, especially the aftermath following the debacle below in the Park, through to the final.... great stuff and great read!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

New thread would be nice. Be able to keep four individual ones over the years for four championships on the trot. :pac:

i think it should stay in Tipperary forum too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If anybody would like to start a Tipperary Hurling 2011 thread, I'd be happy to move any relevant posts over from this one for ye as well. :)

Advertisement