Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

tom thum wrote: »
    so who would u like/ not like to be the next manager?

• Declan Ryan
    • Dinny Cahill
    • Nicky English
    • Michael Cleary
    • Raymie Ryan
    • Any of the current u21 management team
    • Brian Cody :pac: :D

Dislike
    1. Babs
    2. John Leahy
    3. Paddy McCormack
    4. Michael Doyle
    5. John McIntyre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Sad news..But thanks to Liam ,Eamonn,Michael and all involved, for bringing Liam home in september...and for giving us great days,none more enjoyable than the day they stopped the drive for five.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Unreal news,just when we're on a high from the AI win and now this happens.what can you say only to wish them the best for the future and thanks for all the great memories.:confused:

I think the man owes us all a proper farewell in semple stadium. id go there anyway and salute a true legend. Up Tipp and Liam Sheedy, Eamon o'shea and Michael Ryan you legends! the guys who made me joyful again. cmon the premier!

Co board take your time and pick the right man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭zinx

I think the man owes us all a proper farewell in semple stadium. id go there anyway and salute a true legend. Up Tipp and Liam Sheedy, Eamon o'shea and Michael Ryan you legends! the guys who made me joyful again. cmon the premier!

Co board take your time and pick the right man.

Rattler Byrne is your man.

And by the way,I wouldn't be advocating a farewell gig in Semple.Would cost a fortune and your county board has form when it comes to charging supporters in to see your heroes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

zinx wrote: »
    Rattler Byrne is your man.

And by the way,I wouldn't be advocating a farewell gig in Semple.Would cost a fortune and your county board has form when it comes to charging supporters in to see your heroes.

Jaysus you're really tryin to push Tipps buttons arent ya? You must be lonely without Liam McCarthy, is there nothing else to do in KK no?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Jaysus you're really tryin to push Tipps buttons arent ya? You must be lonely without Liam McCarthy, is there nothing else to do in KK no?

Gerry C raising white flags aplenty today for the premier :)
    I think that was a green

Gerry C raising white flags aplenty today for the premier :)
    I think that was a green

Meself and yourself are puttin them over the bar, zinx got taken off after 15 mins with a sore knee :pac:

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Meself and yourself are puttin them over the bar, zinx got taken off after 15 mins with a sore knee :pac:
    I suppose I should count myself lucky it was not one of my eyes

Why who lost an eye???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

That's hardly a dig at Ballingary's Willie Maher (Tipp u21 selector) who lost the sight in his eye 10 odd years ago? A super under-age hurler, and a pretty good manager/selector nowadays too. Sound man too!

If it is, it's a pretty low dig in fairness.

Fair play to Liam et al. They've taken this team to a new level, Eoin Kelly said it best in his winnning speech when h said that they took over a sinking ship, but by God today (Sept 5th) this ship is well and truly sailing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Im just after realising he probably had his mind made up about this over the summer, fair play to him for not announcing it before the season was over to have the attention on him, cant blame him for stepping down, the commitment of the management team has been unbelievable

looder wrote: »
    That's hardly a dig at Ballingary's Willie Maher (Tipp u21 selector) who lost the sight in his eye 10 odd years ago? A super under-age hurler, and a pretty good manager/selector nowadays too. Sound man too!

If it is, it's a pretty low dig in fairness.

Fair play to Liam et al. They've taken this team to a new level, Eoin Kelly said it best in his winnning speech when h said that they took over a sinking ship, but by God today (Sept 5th) this ship is well and truly sailing!!
    No,I think he's on about a KK man who lost an eye in a game against Tipp many years ago(60s I think)the same man has all ways said it was an accident but the the KK boys just won't let it go even after all these years.Zinx is only on here to stir the ****.:rolleyes:

Or a Jackie Tyrell frontal charge which he gets away with at least once per game.

I've just read this zinx guy on the main boards site stirring more shyte in the Liam Sheedy thread,I was heartened to see ye boys handing him his arse on a plate.:D

tippspur wrote: »
    I've just read this zinx guy on the main boards site stirring more shyte in the Liam Sheedy thread,I was heartened to sge ye boys handing him his arse on a plate.:D

Ah sure it has always been the norm against KK :D. Zinx is just a lost young man whose umbilical cord from reality was abruptly cut on 5/9/10 :D

I think this might even galvanize Tipp a bit more if anything. Anyone know if Dinny Cahill and Eamon O'Shea are good friends? Thinking outside the box a little here but if Dinny got the job his club mate is always a phone call away :)

I said it over on the other thread lads...Babs is the man to take ye on to the next level.
    There will be no issues with commitment there and like myself he wouldn't be satisfied with this backdoor messing.

A proper hurling traditionalist who will put manners on some of the young Turks if they start acting the big time charlies with their medal.

Sound man is Babs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I said it over on the other thread lads...Babs is the man to take ye on to the next level.
    There will be no issues with commitment there and like myself he wouldn't be satisfied with this backdoor messing.

A proper hurling traditionalist who will put manners on some of the young Turks if they start acting the big time charlies with their medal.

Sound man is Babs.
    John Leahy? Is that you?

brilliant clip here from some random tipp fan.

The faces on the KK crowd simply priceless

EDIT: this ones for you Zinx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

i dont think i ever saw anyone more bullin in all my life.

• Advertisement

3/9/2010. zinx all ireland prediction :
    Kilkenny are going to destroy them.

i dont think i ever saw anyone more bullin in all my life.

"Twas a good goal eh Joe? Happy enough with that Joe?"

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Sound man is Babs.

The young turks as you call them acted the big time players with their hurleys,and the cats couldnt stay with them.If there were medals for bitterness,Babs would be unstoppable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT100 wrote: »
    The young turks as you call them acted the big time players with their hurleys,and the cats couldnt stay with them.If there were medals for bitterness,Babs would be unstoppable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zinx or a few of his kk brethren would push him all the way

ha,ha. 'are you going to cry?here's a Kleenex for ya':D

DT100 wrote: »

Babs is a man that divides opinion alright,I'd take him over Tommy Dunne anyway.
    I'd bring in Eoin Brislane as no.2 and try and fit the Redser in as well.Maybe as a mind coach.

These 3 men typify all that is great about Tipperary hurling.A dream team.
    Ye boys don't know how lucky ye are to have them.

heres the national hurling league fixtures for tipp for 2011

NHL Div 1 (Rd 1): Sat Feb 12th: Tipperary v Kilkenny, 7.30pm

NHL Div 1 (Rd 2) (5.45): Dublin v Tipperary sat feb 19th

Sat 5 March: NHL Div 1 (Rd 3): Tipperary v Waterford

Sun 13th march Tipperary v Offaly

NHL Div 1 (Rd 5) (2.30): Cork v Tipperary

NHL Div 1 (Rd 6) (2.30): Galway v Tipperary

Sun 17th april Tipperary v Wexford,

heres the national hurling league fixtures for tipp for 2011

NHL Div 1 (Rd 1): Sat Feb 12th: Tipperary v Kilkenny, 7.30pm

NHL Div 1 (Rd 2) (5.45): Dublin v Tipperary sat feb 19th

Sat 5 March: NHL Div 1 (Rd 3): Tipperary v Waterford

Sun 13th march Tipperary v Offaly

NHL Div 1 (Rd 5) (2.30): Cork v Tipperary

NHL Div 1 (Rd 6) (2.30): Galway v Tipperary

Sun 17th april Tipperary v Wexford,

Tipp play Wexford at home in both codes and they couldn't even have a double header for it :mad:. They play Galway in Pearse stadium the same day as footballers play Wexford. Just think they could promote the big ball game better imo and think of fans in this recession

Tipp play Wexford at home in both codes and they couldn't even have a double header for it :mad:. They play Galway in Pearse stadium the same day as footballers play Wexford. Just think they could promote the big ball game better imo and think of fans in this recession
    yeah. very good point , in fairness. they should be trying to do that with most counties , where possible.

• Advertisement

anyways did anyone hear Sheedys interview with Marty last night?

Advertisement