Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

this is the Tipperary/Kilkenny border on all ireland final week

HPIM1633.jpg?t=1284852259
    Where is this lads?

We did a spot of painting ourselves in South KK the night before the final :D

looder wrote: »
    Where is this lads?

We did a spot of painting ourselves in South KK the night before the final :D

Mullinahone-Callan road

Draw for Round two of Dan Breen took place at 9pm tonight:

On Sunday:
    Burgess Vs Church
    KIldangan V Combo

These could be a double header in Templemore.

On Monday night in Semple Stadium, Thurles:

Nenagh V Drom or Mullinahone

Loughmore V Borris or Knockavilla

Probably 6-30pm and 8pm throw in.

EDIT: Official fixtres:
    Coiste Chontae Tiobraid Árann

The draws for round (2) of the county senior hurling championship took place on Monday night the 20th

Sunday the 26th in Templemore
    Galtee/Treacys v Kildangan @ 2.00pm
    Upperchurch Drombane v Burgess @ 3.30pm

Monday the 27th in Semple Stadium
    Nenagh Éire Óg v Winners of Drom and Inch and Mullinahone @ 6.30pm Loughmore Castleiney v Winners of Borris-Ileigh and Knockavilla Kickhams @ 8.00pm

Extra time will be played in all games if required

Reminder
    County senior hurling championship round (1) Thursday the 23rd in Semple Stadium Borris-Ileigh v Knockaville Kickhams @ 6.30pm Mullinahone v Drom and Inch @ 8.00pm

I see Hugh Coghlan gone playing in Portlaoise and Brian Burke of Fethard has taken a senior football selectors role.
    Keep me informed on the games tonight. Would love to have went only up in Carlow studying at the mo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Offensive and off-topic posts deleted.

mrbatman, if you personally insult another person in that fashion again you will be banned.

Now, please, back to talking about the iomáiníocht :)

• Advertisement

I see Hugh Coghlan gone playing in Portlaoise and Brian Burke of Fethard has taken a senior football selectors role.
    Keep me informed on the games tonight. Would love to have went only up in Carlow studying at the mo.
    Borris beat Knockavilla handy. Borris 1.20 to Knockavilla 0.08

I only seen the second half as was working late and hed to drive from KK. No life in the second half but that was due to Borris been well ahead. Borris could have a say on this championship yet.

Mullinahone beat Drom 2-15 to 1-12. Seanie Curran stole the show for Mullinahone. Scored an excellent goal and got 3 if not 4 points from play also. Eoin Kelly hurled okay. Paul Curran hurled very well. Callinan wasn't great although got a goal and a point or two. Seamus Butler was poor for Drom as was Eamon Buckley.

Mullinahones second goal was poor defending/ goal keeping.

Borris now play Loughmore Monday while Nenagh play Mullinahone after it.

I love this time of year.. Games coming thick and fast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

County Championship Round 2 Fixtures:

Kildangan v Sean Treacys/Galtee Rovers
    Burgess v Upperchurch Drombane
    Mullinahone v Nenagh Eire Og
    Borris-iliegh v Loughmore Casteleiney

Kildangan, Upperchurch, Mullinahone and Borris-iliegh to win those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/0924/hurlingallstars.html

The starting 15, except for Conor O Mahoney, is nominated. Not bad in fairness. Hopefully the lads will get what they have earned

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    County Championship Round 2 Fixtures:

Kildangan v Sean Treacys/Galtee Rovers
    Burgess v Upperchurch Drombane
    Mullinahone v Nenagh Eire Og
    Borris-iliegh v Loughmore Casteleiney

Kildangan, Upperchurch, Mullinahone and Borris-iliegh to win those.

I'll go for Kildangan, 'Church, I'm undecided for the Mull v Nenagh match but reckon it's going to be a cracker. I'd like to see Mullinahone win it as I'd know a few of the lads playing it. I reckon Borris will win the final game as I heard Webster is getting married this weekend so will be missing, and presumably half the team will be on the sauce for it. With two full teams, this had all the makings of a classic but I think Borris might be too strong for them if Webster isn't involved.

I reckon I'll give Sunday in Templemore a skip but the two games next Monday are not to be missed in the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

Borris beat Knockavilla handy. Borris 1.20 to Knockavilla 0.08

I only seen the second half as was working late and hed to drive from KK. No life in the second half but that was due to Borris been well ahead. Borris could have a say on this championship yet.

Mullinahone beat Drom 2-15 to 1-12. Seanie Curran stole the show for Mullinahone. Scored an excellent goal and got 3 if not 4 points from play also. Eoin Kelly hurled okay. Paul Curran hurled very well. Callinan wasn't great although got a goal and a point or two. Seamus Butler was poor for Drom as was Eamon Buckley.

Mullinahones second goal was poor defending/ goal keeping.

Borris now play Loughmore Monday while Nenagh play Mullinahone after it.

I love this time of year.. Games coming thick and fast now.

callinan didnt score a goal that was david butler.

seamus butler scored 4 points from play from a score of 1.12. not bad i would say!

• Advertisement

trebor28 wrote: »
    callinan didnt score a goal that was david butler.

seamus butler scored 4 points from play from a score of 1.12. not bad i would say!
    I meant to edit that post actually. I thought it was Callinan who got the goal. I was on the town end 21 yard line and the goal was scored at the Killinan end so wasn't 100%. Only found out after I posted.

Did Butler really get four? I thought he only got two. His general play wasn't great though in my opinion, especially for a player of his calibre.

I wasn't at the matches yesterday but Burgess beat Upperchurch pretty easily yesterday and Kildangan came back from 10 or 12 points down with 20 mins to go to beat the Combo.

Looking forward to the matches tonight in the Stadium.

Looking forward to the matches tonight in the Stadium.

The amazing Seanie Curran strikes again for the little village :) i backed them for a tenner at 14/1. They have a chance

The amazing Seanie Curran strikes again for the little village :) i backed them for a tenner at 14/1. They have a chance
    The Mull v Nenagh match was a lot better quality than the Borris v Loughmore.

Good wins for Mull and Loughmore. Noel McGrath with a great finish after an excellent pass from his cousin Liam was the highlight of the second.

Seanie Curran scored 2-04 or something from play in the first. Good prospect. The four Currans were the best hurlers on the field.

Draw has been made.

Saturday in the Stadium, Carrick Swans vs Kildangan @ 4pm
    Clonoulty vs Burgess @5-30pm

Sunday in the Stadium: Toom vs Mullinahone @2pm
    Lougmore vs Sars @ 3-30pm.

I'll go for Swans, Clonoulty, Toom (although I hope I'm wrong), and Sars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Toom always seem have the upperhand against Mullinahone, except the year when Mullinahone won the county. Should be a tough game.

Kildangan, Conoulty,Toom and Sars but I hope i'm wrong for a couple of those. Nice to see 2 south teams is the semi's for once.

Dymo wrote: »
    Toom always seem have the upperhand against Mullinahone, except the year when Mullinahone won the county. Should be a tough game.

Kildangan, Conoulty,Toom and Sars but I hope i'm wrong for a couple of those. Nice to see 2 south teams is the semi's for once.

Would love if both the Swan and Mullinahone could get through. i fancy Lough-more could do a number on Sars. They've never feared playing them. Sars have an unbelievable side on paper though.

Kildangan 1-14 Carrick Swans 1-9
    Clonoulty Rossmore 2-21 Burgess 1-13

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Disapointing result for the Swan,I thought they would do better than that.big win for Clonoulty they could be dark horses for the County this year.

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    Kildangan 1-14 Carrick Swans 1-9
    Clonoulty Rossmore 2-21 Burgess 1-13
    We were poor in the first game. I don't know whether it was rustiness from not playing any competitive game since the South final (and only 1 challenge match) or just that we had an off day.

Kildangan derserved their win, they had their homework done and crowded their half back line, which made for very poor viewing but it was effective for them. We couldn't break it down at all. although I thought we were going to catch them when we went within a point with 4 minutes to go. A late goal killed off any hope of an underserved win though. I can't see them progressing any further this year.

When looking back on the year in a few months time, we'll probably look at it with mixed emotions. Winning a South for the first time in nine years was great. It was the only aim at the start of the year. However, losing a man who has been a great servant to the club, a pure gent and also a commitee member for 42 odd years is saddening to say the least. Also the thoughts of what could have been. Kildangan aren't a great side and were there for the taking in my opinion yesterday. Unfortunately our preperations were hampered due to a couple of breavements and also a couple of weeks celebrating/over celebrating Swans South success and Tipp's All Ireland success' as well. We'll learn a lot from yesterday though and I've no doubt it will stand to us in good stead in the future.

I didn't stay to watch the Clon match. I heard Timmy Hammersley was on fire though, scoring 1-08 approx from play. He really has improved his all round game over the past 18 months. Hopefully he continues improving at the rate he is currently improving at for the sake of the county team.

Conditions were terrible for hurling yesterday, although as usual, Thurles was looking very well. It was soft underfoot though but you'd expect that this time of the year.

I can see Toom beating Mull today by 4 or 5 points and I can see Sars beating a Loughmore side minus Webster by 6 or 7 points.

Toome 1.26
    Mullinahone 0.13

Full time in the first game today. I'm not surprised Toom won but I am slightly surprised by the margin. Apparently Mull went for goals and couldn't get them while Toom kept ticking points over.

• Advertisement

Toomevara 1-26 Mullinahone 0-13
    Thurles Sarsfields 2-19 Loughmore Castleiney 2-13

Toomevara, Thurles Sarsfields, Kildangan and Clonoulty Rossmore left.
    draw for the semis is on tomorow night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

A Sarsfields supporter was telling me last night about a parody on Youtube of the film Das Boat in which there's commentary by Michael O'Muirehuirtigh commentating on Tipp win the All Ireland.

I haven't managed to find it on Youtube.

Is there such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

tippspur wrote: »

:D:D:D:D

Very very good.
    Great bit of work there.

(superb movie incidentally).
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

just heard, what i hope is a rumour. i hope its not true. cant say anymore for the time being.

tom thum wrote: »
    just heard, what i hope is a rumour. i hope its not true. cant say anymore for the time being.

tom your killing me here. is it about the management?

EDIT: just seen it...................its not ideal. the co board are a disaster to let this happen.
    maybe the u21 management can take this young team forward

tom your killing me here. is it about the management?

EDIT: just seen it...................its not ideal. the co board are a disaster to let this happen.
    maybe the u21 management can take this young team forward
    yeah. they have resigned. id like to thank them for doing a great job and leaving us with some very happy memories.

Tipperary SH Management Team to step down

07/10/2010
    Press Release - Tipperary SH Management Team to step down

Statement from Tipperary County Board
    Tipperary County Board announces with regret that Liam Sheedy, Eamon O’Shea and Michael Ryan are stepping down as the Tipperary senior hurling management team, having completed 3 successful years which culminated in Tipperary’s magnificent All Ireland senior hurling championship victory this year. The County Board had offered to appoint all 3 for another 2 years. However, due to various personal and work commitments, the management team informed the Board that, much to their regret, it was not possible for them to continue. Tipperary County Board is deeply grateful to Liam, Eamon and Michael for the excellent job they did while in charge of the senior hurling team. They brought extraordinary ability, commitment, pride and passion to their roles and they built a team that exhibited the same characteristics. They worked tirelessly on behalf of the team for the last 3 years. No words can express our deep sense of gratitude to and admiration for them. While we are deeply disappointed with their decision, we totally respect it and we know it was a difficult one for them to make. We wish them and their families every success for the future and we look forward to them being able to make further contributions to the GAA in Tipperary. They have left Tipperary hurling in a very strong position and have established an extremely solid base on which to build future success. The County Board will now begin a process to appoint a new management team.
    Ger Ryan
    PRO, Tipperary County Board
    Tel: 086 8149146
    Email: pro.tipperary@gaa.ie

Statement from Liam Sheedy, Eamon O’Shea and Michael Ryan
    We have informed Tipperary County Board that we are stepping down as the Tipperary Senior Hurling Management team.
    Over the last 3 years we have given of our time on a voluntary basis to put in place a top class professional set-up that would allow the players to develop, grow and be successful. Our aim when we took over was to take Tipperary hurling to a new level and we are very happy that we have achieved that. Hurling in Tipperary is in a very healthy state and the future is very promising. This is exactly what we wanted to achieve and we are delighted that Tipperary can look forward to more success with optimism.
    We all have responsible, demanding, professional jobs and we are very grateful to our employers for enabling us to carry out our role with Tipperary with such great support in what is a very challenging economic and working environment. However, we have found ourselves working up to 16 hour days in order to deliver in both roles and this is simply not sustainable on an ongoing basis. This has led to our decision to stand down.
    We have thoroughly enjoyed the last 3 years working with people who strive to be the best they can be in every task they do.
    We are all lucky to have families who are steeped in the GAA and we want to thank them sincerely for supporting us 100% throughout the journey we have taken.
    All of the players we have worked with over the last 3 years deserve huge credit for the effort and commitment they showed. They are a credit to their families, their clubs and their county for the manner in which they applied themselves at all times. We are absolutely delighted that they have reaped the rewards of winning Munster, National League and All Ireland medals. We thank them for their great co-operation with us.
    The relationship with Tipperary County Board and Tipperary Supporters Club was top class and we all worked well together to allow the team prepare in the best way possible. We thank them sincerely.
    We would also like to compliment and thank the backroom team for the work they have done throughout our term. They really set an extremely high standard and we are forever indebted to them for this.
    We would also like to thank the many thousands of loyal Tipperary supporters who gave us such great encouragement.

so who would u like/ not like to be the next manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Exiled2NY

Got some shock, when I heard the news this morning!!! Who will even be in the running for the job?

Fair play to Sheedy and the management team. They did a great job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

would've been great to have the lads stay on, they seemed to have created a great team environment, but sometimes life deals you another hand! fair play to them they did an unbelievable job and gave us a fantastic 3 years, culminating in one of the best weekends/weeks ever in september.

lets not let it get us down too much, we have a fantastic team, we need to believe we can keep it going and not make the same mistakes we made in 2001

thanks liam, eamonn, and michael etc al for what you've done. Tipp abu!

Advertisement