Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thank you Tipp for humbling Kilkenny!

A huge congrats. Well deserved win.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Tipp, ye played a stormer!! fair play to ye! Was cheering for ye all day!

Waterford girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

very happy - great game!!!

:)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Hi guys. Great win delighted. Anyone know when the cup will be doing the rounds especially Mullinahone need to sort the dat off work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Wooohooo!

I know the homecoming will be in Semple tomorrow at 7pm, but does anyone know if the team coach will be coming off the motorway at Urlingford and up Fennor Hill as in previous years, or will they continue along the motorway to the Two-Mile-Borris exit? There's a gang of us usually line up at Fennor, want to make sure the kids aren't disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP TIPP

sing it loud and sing it proud in thurles tomorrow night

Tipperary ABU

Did eoin kelly say tipp had the best supporters in the world?:D:D pushing it there id say....no pitch celebrations either..:)

For a team who were completely wrote off we attended in our droves today and out sung our Kilkenny counterparts. We were the 16th man.

I thank everyone for their graciousness in coming on this thread and congratulating tipp and i wont argue any further.

Ill leave on this note..

UP THE PREMIER !!!!!!!!!!

Cookie89 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Great win delighted. Anyone know when the cup will be doing the rounds especially Mullinahone need to sort the dat off work :D

I think Mullinahone tuesday night ;) c'mon tipp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

I think Mullinahone tuesday night ;) c'mon tipp!

heard it Mullinahone tonight after thurles with Killenaule tuesday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

What's the story with the homecoming? Will I need to be at semple well before 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

What's the story with the homecoming? Will I need to be at semple well before 7?

Team is arriving in to Thurles Railway station at 6.25 (if the train's on time).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Gates open at the stadium from 5, don't need to be there that early but if you want a decent view I wouldn't leave it to late to get up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

What a day, what a win and what a team.sick as a dog today but I'm going out for more shortly It's well worth it.Congrats to Liam Sheedy an the boys you've made my year and last but noT least ''up your's Babs''

UP THE PREMIER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

The drive for five died when it met the blue and gold...Mighty game..Mighty men,Mighty day...................................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

ztoical wrote: »
    Gates open at the stadium from 5, don't need to be there that early but if you want a decent view I wouldn't leave it to late to get up there.

Heard the Stadium is already half full, so I expect that it will be pretty full come 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Anybody know where I can get a Tipperary songs CD. Galtee Mountain Boy, Sliabh na mBan etc. I was in Lar na Páirce today but was too busy to have a good look as I was looking for other stuff too. Would the have a good CD there. I never really checked before :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Congrats to our neighbours in Tipp from a Limerician. As good a final display as i have witnessed in my short 26 years. Hopefully other counties will take encouragement from Kilkenny's loss and go on to repeat your feat. Here in Limerick we'd settle for just our first fifteen players on the field :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Well done Tipp, well deserved win. Great team no doubt that was proved Sunday.
    Pains me to say it as im from Kilkenny. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

just back up to the smoke now lads... some celebration down in thurles last night. great craic, great few days.

am gonna be doing a world of suffering for the next few days!! but we can hold our heads up high now.

best compliment i can pay kilkenny, is that we out kilkenny'd ye!

c'mon tipp

Will.

• Advertisement

ft9 wrote: »
    Well done Tipp, well deserved win. Great team no doubt that was proved Sunday.
    Pains me to say it as im from Kilkenny. Enjoy it.

good on ya

Le King wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can get a Tipperary songs CD. Galtee Mountain Boy, Sliabh na mBan etc. I was in Lar na Páirce today but was too busy to have a good look as I was looking for other stuff too. Would the have a good CD there. I never really checked before :o

You could do worse then call up to Festy in killenaule and get him to record a version for you ;) As good as any I've heard and he needs no encouragement to sing it fair play to him

Great craic in Mullinahone tonight. anyone there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

Great game, I didn't want to leave Croke Park at all the atmosphere was just great but the traffic on the way up and back wasn't!

Loving Seamus Dorans new victory song, I heard it on Tipp FM. Has anyone got a link to it or is it for sale anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Great crack in Mullinahone by all accounts.....Sadly I didnt make it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Some going lads, jesus we gave it socks. We're off now for our five a row!!! UP THE PREMIER!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Hello all happy Tipperary folk.

Haven't been able to get on here in a while for one reason or another but it'd be very amiss of me not to come back and pay my tribute to Liam Sheedy and his panel. Absolutely fantastic display on Sunday, was so proud leaving Croke Park. There's a different dimension to this team now. Tipperary always have been able to produce fine hurlers but this bunch of lads have developed a serious work ethic this season. Add to that a physicality that I have never seen and it's clearly going to be a winning recipie. Hitting hard and not giving an inch of space to the KK outfit. Brilliant coaching from Sheedy and his staff.

Padraic Maher was absolutely immense, what a star like considering his season didn't start that well... As for Larry Corbett, what a man for the big games. His body readjustment for final goal was pure natural instinct, and the icing on the cake. All Star written all over him. Eoin Kelly, legend, and has achieved hurling immortality, no one deserves to lift that cup more than him. Well done to all, it took more than these three to win the match.

I'd also like to mention the crowd on Sunday. Unreal atmosphere, I don't think I will ever witness it again. The noise and encouragement off the pitch matched the intensity and effort on it. Great day to be a Tipperary person. Thanks for the memories lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Fair play to ya Festy - You legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxKWLtsl3NQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQlrrIr8uA

On the game itself, My God, we showed a level of aggression which I didn't think was possible in this team. remember when we left Waterford bully us in 2007? That could have been the best thing to ever happen this team!

Cummins scored a peach of a point. I've seen him do it on countless occasions for his club. He set up Noel McGraths goal too but launching a rocket down to the edge of the square.

Micky Cahill had the game of his life. Unbelievable. He really came of age on Sunday.

Paul Curran caught a world of ball (even if his man scored 1-09)

Paddy Saint. Safe as a house.

Paudi Maher - My man of the match. What a hurler for the big occasion.

Conor O Mahony. Solid as ever. Took a serious belt before having to go off.

Declan Fanning. Possibly should have tore Larkin down for Richie Powers goal but hurled well apart from that, especially in the 2nd half.

Brendan Maher was outstanding. An unbelievable talent.

Shane Mcgrath hurled well too.

Gar Ryan had an exceptional 2nd half.

Noel Mcgrath worked his socks off. he made a 30 yard sprint for his goal and an outstanding pass to Lar for his 2nd goal of game.

Bonnar Maher kept Tommy Walsh quiet. what more could we ask for. Ran himself into the ground and laid up Lar for his last goal.

Johnno chipped in with a few nice points.

Eoin was his usual deadly accurate self from frees

Lar Corbett was deadly accurate when he got the ball. He only touched it 6 or 7 times yet broke KK hearts when he did :). I had him backed for 1st goalscorer, 1st goalscorer and Tipp to win and MOTM :D Abhoy Larry!!

Fair play to Sheedy and co who took an awful lot of abuse after May 30th on Leeside. We're back where we belong. We are the Premier County. Welcome home Liam McCarthy!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

The man has been one of our more consistant performers all year long.

The name Saint came about from his father. His father is originally from the Cross of Pallas, meaning he was John of the Cross, or in sneery Borris, 'Saint John of the Cross' and thus the name Saint came about.

Everyone fo the Tipp team should be made saints in my opinion!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Did anyone else get annoyed at Marty Morrissey for speaking over Slievenamon to thank fans for not running onto the field after Kerwick sang The Galtee Mountain Boy? Twould have been nice if the whole song was played. I'm not complaining about the day, dont get me wrong at all, ye know yerselves like

Advertisement