Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Some win for the U-21's today!

Antrim were a fish out of water in fairness. Galway will be hoping to pay us back for minor final in 2006 and of course for the seniors losing to us this year.

Great to be in 2 All Ireland finals this year

H'ON TIPP!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mrbatman

I have heard that the No 2's girlfriend is a disgusting snotty pig. Anyone know anything about that?

mrbatman wrote: »
    I have heard that the No 2's girlfriend is a disgusting snotty pig. Anyone know anything about that?

Ah now we are here to discuss Tipperary Hurling/Gaelic football and not their WAGS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Best ofluck to the Swan today in the south senior hurling final. H'on the Swan

looder wrote: »
    Ah seriously though, on the match itself it's probably fair to say it could go either way. The game Tuesday night will be after bringing Killenaule on a ton. They have Festy Kerwick back also and although he may not start, he'll be introduced pretty early I'd imagine.

How did the south final go? Did Festy appear? Was John Dwyer eligible to play?

i was just thinking about the club scene in Tipperary and wondering is there too many clubs and whether we would benefit by merging a few at adult level and leaving it as is at underage level for development purposes only. Surely it might be better to have it North and South Tipperary rather then 4 divisions. I mean in all honestly mullinahone or one of the carrick clubs or whoever could easily travel to cashel to play a west tipp club and likewise thurles up north.
    It might help both hurling and football in the county as it might filter and funnel the best and create more grades so everyone gets a game

• Advertisement

How did the south final go? Did Festy appear? Was John Dwyer eligible to play?

i was just thinking about the club scene in Tipperary and wondering is there too many clubs and whether we would benefit by merging a few at adult level and leaving it as is at underage level for development purposes only. Surely it might be better to have it North and South Tipperary rather then 4 divisions. I mean in all honestly mullinahone or one of the carrick clubs or whoever could easily travel to cashel to play a west tipp club and likewise thurles up north.
    It might help both hurling and football in the county as it might filter and funnel the best and create more grades so everyone gets a game
    well. im just back now. the swan won the south senior Hurling final today. final score 1 -16 to 2 - 11. it was on the ege of ur seat stuff. with five mins to go it looked like kilenaule were gonna take it. fanning bursted through for a goal.
    but the swan battled hard and showed a fierce amount of heart. i think it was gizzy reade buried the ball in the net from about 21 yards. ( im open to correction ) the swan made it very hard for themselves though, they had some amount of wides. a good few players were guilty of shooting from near impossible angles.
    pa kerwick did come on for killenaule but didnt make much of an impact. john o dwyer also played for killenaule. both teams played as per match programme except that brian grace started instead of darren fahey for the swan.
    id like to take this opportunity to congratulate looder( id say we wont hear from him for the week) and also the players and the selectors maurice, bull and john. well done again lads. SWAN ABÚ

id say they had themselves backed again at 6/4. the beer is on paddy powers tonight in carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Swan won by 2 points,and well deserved it was too probably should have won by more only for a lot of second half wides.Festy came on early in the first half but looked off the pace and done very little,Bubbles O'Dwyer played well and Fanning got a great goal.Dwane Forgarty of Swan got MOTM.and I have to say Danny O Hanlon was back to his best today.I don't expect to hear from Looder for a while.:)

come on looder . wake up. i want to hear read UR match report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

I was at the match, I don't get the chance to go to many of them but I really enjoyed it. Especially the last 10 minutes.

At the end of the first half Killenaule missed a goal that they were really unlucky to miss but overall the Swan played a better game on the day. A few minutes before the end it looked like Killenaule were going to win it they were a point or 2 up with what seemed like no time left but the Swan came back.

MJ Walsh was taken off with an injury, looked fairly bad. He had already been hurt and got back up again and a few minutes later he had a chance at what looked like a perfect point but he fell again. Hopefully he'll be OK. Dwaine Fogarty fully deserved to be MOTM, Gerry Walsh had a great game too, as did Thunder O'Sullivan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

tom thum wrote: »
    come on looder . wake up. i want to hear read UR match report.

:) 'hon the Swan.

What a way to win it. Gizzy Reade, take a bow. What a goal!

It wasn't the best final by any means but who cares as long as you win them. Full back line was immense throughout. Gerry Walsh is as good a corner back as anyone in the county. He's kept Kelly quite, he's kept Bubbles Dwyer quite a few times, he's kept Festy quite as well.
    Lanigan caught ball all day. We won in midfield in the 2nd half. Shelly caused us a few problems in the first but Russell did well on him in the second. O'Hanlon has one of the best paw's in Tipperary. Caught a world of ball. Fogarty hurled as well as he ever has done. Savage game.

The full forward line tried hard all day.. Harrassed and harried their men all day. Serious effort by them.

Fair play to the Killenaule boys yesterday for coming down to Carrick. It's what the GAA is all about really. Leather the ****e out of each other for an hour and hen be able to have a few pints after it. It's something that you only see in the GAA and it's why it means so much to us all.

22 South titles are now secured. 'hon the Swan

P.S. I'm going out the door for more:p

new tipp song - 'Tipperary the home of hurling'

http://www.youtube.com/user/premierview#p/u

anyone know when tipp have any open training sessions? id like to go up and see them train. also, does anyone know how the preparations are going for september.?

tom thum wrote: »
    anyone know when tipp have any open training sessions? id like to go up and see them train. also, does anyone know how the preparations are going for september.?
    Every Tuesday and Thursday they train - All are open to the public I think.

They played Portumna and won by 10 points last night so they are going fairly well I'd say.

Heres the general consensus in Mullinahone about the 5 in a row bid... (see attachment no 2)

Brilliant stuff !!!

Well done to the swan by the way. Hope we can see some of them in the blue and gold soon. maybe some who did previously have gotten a little older and wiser mentioning no names, as we cant doubt the talent is certainly there.

God to hear Festy score a few points. All the talk about Henry, maybe Festy might be waiting in the long grass come Sept 5th. Have to admit im sick of all this Henry Shefflin talk. Well done to him if he plays but as far as im concerned we'll take whatever hand of cards we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Heres the general consensus in Mullinahone about the 5 in a row bid... (see attachment no 2)
    Could they not have done somthing about the mudflaps? :D

Im sick of all this Henry crap aswell,Its just a load of codology from KK.

HaHa,you don't miss much slashers.:)

• Advertisement

ha ha ah sure theyll get plenty of dirt on them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Qualitylecturer

Anyone know anything about Brendan Mahers injury last night?

Anyone know anything about Brendan Mahers injury last night?
    He had to go for an X-ray last night but didn't hear anything after. It would be horrible for him to miss 2 All Ireland finals over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

Going into the final we are going in to win it, no doubt about that so whether Sheflin is there or not makes no diffreence and personally I'd rather he was there so we'll have a 'real' victory also he couldn't have damaged a crutiate ligament and be back training again, it's all mind games and smoke!!...who gives a toss anyway!!

bring it on!!, we'll have it won in first 15 minutes!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Oh jesus, what happened Brendan Maher??

Oh jesus, what happened Brendan Maher??
    He got an accidental slap on his hand in training yesterday. Clashed with Hennessy I think. Hopefully the X-ray was only a precaution and he's okay. Hes been our best player this year in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

looder wrote: »
    He got an accidental slap on his hand in training yesterday. Clashed with Hennessy I think. Hopefully the X-ray was only a precaution and he's okay. Hes been our best player this year in my opinion

I think so too, he has been fantastic centre field all year. Let us know what ye hear anyway. Sound

I think so too, he has been fantastic centre field all year. Let us know what ye hear anyway. Sound
    Thank God, Good news. He'll be okay for next Sunday.

'hon Tipp!

One down - 2 to go!

We won the u16!

John Mcgrath the younger brother of Noel meant to be unreal.

HO'N THE PREMIER!

• Advertisement

One down - 2 to go!

We won the u16!

John Mcgrath the younger brother of Noel meant to be unreal.

HO'N THE PREMIER!
    a good positive result.

Advertisement