Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etape Hibernia - August 22 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the Boards mini tour of Ireland?
    That is still on even if I am the only one going on it. I was thinking late summer would be the best time, when everyone is in good condition... thinking something along the lines of a ~1,000km loop out of Dublin over 5 days. Maybe including Donegal and the Silvermines on the way back.

Not particularly related to this event though.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Booked and hotel booked (thank god for the Supavalu breaks!), if it's half as well organised as their scottish spin it'll be awesome!

I just entered this myself, very interested in the house sharing idea (and a lift :) )

Brilliant,for once an event I can actually cycle to instead of finding a lift! Looking forward to this already.Would prefer a mass start though,depending on whether I buy a road bike between now and then it could take me anywhere between 4....well 4 and a half to 6 hours.Will probably leave it til later in the year to register so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Got an email earlier today from the organisers IMG to say thanks for being the first to enter the Etape Hibernia :eek:

Just hope they don't expect spectacular things from no.1 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

weaselman wrote: »
    This sort of event calls for a dutch style Alpe D'Huez stayover. Head down in the campervan on the Friday night with 3 slabs of dutch gold, crank on the tunes and start spraying the roads with every pros name you can think of. Sign in on the saturday and back to the van to party on til the wee hours of the morning. 2 hours sleep and change into race mode for the next few hours. Might affect race performance on the sunday but it would be worth it.

Sounds like an excellent idea. Are we all going in your campervan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭weaselman

Sounds like an excellent idea. Are we all going in your campervan?

We'll see, would have to talk nicely to the auld pair to get the camper. We could have a competition, how many boardsies can you fit in a campervan. My guess is about 52. Signed up last night, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

lafors wrote: »
    Got an email earlier today from the organisers IMG to say thanks for being the first to enter the Etape Hibernia :eek:

Just hope they don't expect spectacular things from no.1 ;)

Jaysus ....Talk about being under pressure.... Go lafors GO

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They could give the low numbers to the "elites" (ie those who put their expected time as less than 4 hours) - so the pressure could be on Lumen:)

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    They could give the low numbers to the "elites" (ie those who put their expected time as less than 4 hours) - so the pressure could be on Lumen:)

Yay, we like that one better Beasty :)
    Sure Lumen brings it upon himself anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

weaselman wrote: »
    We'll see, would have to talk nicely to the auld pair to get the camper. We could have a competition, how many boardsies can you fit in a campervan. My guess is about 52. Signed up last night, looking forward to it
    I'm going perusing campervans with my Dad in the next few weeks. If he gets one, we can set up a Dutch corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭weaselman

I'm going perusing campervans with my Dad in the next few weeks. If he gets one, we can set up a Dutch corner.

Deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Booked and hotel booked (thank god for the Supavalu breaks!), if it's half as well organised as their scottish spin it'll be awesome!

hmmmm
    203810_front200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

hmmmm
    203810_front200.jpg

Please keep your tack fixation in Donegal:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

If you haven't already entered, there's a competition for a place over at the DCC: http://www.dublincycling.ie/node/621

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Etape Hibernia

Look out for much more in the way of news and competitions as we get closer to the event. You can follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/etapehiberniaand Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Etape-Hibernia/120909541283423#!/pages/Etape-Hibernia/120909541283423 too!

Look out for much more in the way of news and competitions as we get closer to the event. You can follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/etapehibernia and Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Etape-Hibernia/120909541283423#!/pages/Etape-Hibernia/120909541283423 too!

Fixed you links ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Is there a route available on mapmyride, or similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Look out for much more in the way of news and competitions as we get closer to the event. You can follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/etapehiberniaand Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Etape-Hibernia/120909541283423#!/pages/Etape-Hibernia/120909541283423 too!
    on registration the tshirt being sold for €20 has Etape Caledonia on it. is there a Hibernia specific one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Has anyone got anything from these guys? Registered ages ago and nothing.

I am probably not going to be able to do this so will have a spare entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

blorg wrote: »
    I am probably not going to be able to do this so will have a spare entry.

I might do this so, I'll take it!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I might do this so, I'll take it!
    cool talk when I get back from France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

If anyone is curious, the Clare CoCo website actually has more info about the event than the site itself.

http://www.clarecoco.ie/recreation-culture/events/sky-ride-etape-hibernia.html

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭RoubX

There is a long list of things that are driving me nuts about this event, esp. after getting the info booklet. However, because they are on this forum and have the right the withdraw anyone from the event at any time, I'll be a good boy and stay quiet for now.

BTW I think it's non-controversial to say that the lack of changing or shower facilities is going to make the carpark an exciting place to be. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cantalach

RoubX wrote: »
    There is a long list of things that are driving me nuts about this event, esp. after getting the info booklet. However, because they are on this forum and have the right the withdraw anyone from the event at any time, I'll be a good boy and stay quiet for now.

Why, is RoubX your real name?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement