Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etape Hibernia - August 22 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I'll be there too - hoping for under 4 hours.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

lafors wrote: »
    Just wondering how many from boards are actually doing this? What times are you expecting to post?
    Me: hopefully under 5hr 15min rolling time :o

Given a recent 120k run around sally gap / wicklow gap /blessington etc took me 6hr30, I'll be pleased to finish this in anything under 6hrs. Hills look pretty straightforward, so I guess it depends a fair bit on the wind. If you see a middle aged lad puffing and panting in a red DHB top riding a Kellys hybrid, do say hi. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Wasn't planning to go but have just won a place through the Dublin Cycling Campaign. :)

All I have to do now is convince my better half that it's a good idea and find somewhere to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have an entry which I will pass on gratis to anyone who wants to risk pretending they are me.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lashed

Am I the only one who registered for this and havent got anything in the post yet?
    I registered just after the ring of Kerry in June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

daragh_ wrote: »
    All I have to do now is convince my better half that it's a good idea and find somewhere to stay.

I vaguely recall a discussion near the beginning of this thread about shared accomodation, but looking through my e-mail it looks like I've booked nothing.

Which is a bit of PITA since there's no Sunday registration. Prices are no doubt Sky-high now.

We are renting a house and making a week out of it.

One of the aims of the cycle is to promote tourism in Clare so I guess it's working :)

Lashed wrote: »
    Am I the only one who registered for this and havent got anything in the post yet?
    I registered just after the ring of Kerry in June.

Don't think you get anything in the post - just bring your confirmation e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

@Lumen, I see what you ve done there!! Very good ;) !!

@lashed I ve only got web confirmation no post!!
    Just your reg no is all that's reqd I'm sure!!

Check startlist, time & group allocation online....

Waves sent off every 2mins is the schedule...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Anyone remember what the time options were. I have forgotten what I predicted and am in wave C. Was out of action until 2 weeks ago after Wicklow with a virus that effected my heart and I only slowly getting back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mickmcl09

Lumen wrote: »
    I vaguely recall a discussion near the beginning of this thread about shared accomodation, but looking through my e-mail it looks like I've booked nothing.

Which is a bit of PITA since there's no Sunday registration. Prices are no doubt Sky-high now.

@ darragh & Lumen. I've got a house booked with a group of lads from Sportif Waterford CC from saturday to saturday. We've got 1 room left, 2 singles @ €60 a head. You're welcome to it if you're stuck.

BTW, I've got nothing back from the organisers, not even an e-mail. All I have is the credit card statement with the €54 payment on it.

@esroh
    I thought exactly the same... Bonuses what time I specified!!!

It appears they don't give give a dam any way considering the waves go at 2min intervals.....
    Saying that I couldn't care less what time / wave I go in as everyone will ride their own pave and slot into groups of suitable speed.

Seems to be done on date of entry as in earliest registered go in first wave!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

mickmcl09 wrote: »
    @ darragh & Lumen. I've got a house booked with a group of lads from Sportif Waterford CC from saturday to saturday. We've got 1 room left, 2 singles @ €60 a head. You're welcome to it if you're stuck.

BTW, I've got nothing back from the organisers, not even an e-mail. All I have is the credit card statement with the €54 payment on it.

Nice one but it looks like I might be taking the whole family with me. Thanks for the offer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

cipo wrote: »
    @esroh
    I thought exactly the same... Bonuses what time I specified!!!

It appears they don't give give a dam any way considering the waves go at 2min intervals.....
    Saying that I couldn't care less what time / wave I go in as everyone will ride their own pave and slot into groups of suitable speed.

Seems to be done on date of entry as in earliest registered go in first wave!!!

Not really, I was the very first to enter (got an email from them thanking me) and am in group c, I think I put my time in as 5hrs...not definite on the time though. My mate is in group d so i'll have to hang back for him, he only entered 2 weeks ago.

lafors wrote: »
    Not really, I was the very first to enter (got an email from them thanking me) and am in group c, I think I put my time in as 5hrs...not definite on the time though. My mate is in group d so i'll have to hang back for him, he only entered 2 weeks ago.

5 hours sounds about what I might have said at the time :)

I deduced that mates who had entered well before me were in grp A...

I entered later and in grp C....!!!!

It sounds like it's random then!!

Nothing to do with est. times and / or when entry was made!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lashed

penexpers wrote: »
    Don't think you get anything in the post - just bring your confirmation e-mail.

Thats the reason I didn't get anything so. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Lumen wrote: »

shouldn't be that bad, esp since you shouldn't really need to be in ennis, lots of accod in shannon/edge of limerick(travel lodge just on the dual carrage way out), only about 20 - 25mins from lim to ennis...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

It sounds like a lot of us are heading out for this, we should compile a list of all Board.ies attending.

It sounds like a lot of us are heading out for this, we should compile a list of all Board.ies attending.
    Signal rabbit
    Esroh

Just copy and add your name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Signal rabbit
    Esroh
    Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Signal rabbit
    Esroh
    Lumen
    Lafors

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭buzzingnoise

Signal rabbit
    Esroh
    Lumen
    Lafors
    buzzingnoise

Signal rabbit
    Esroh
    Lumen
    Lafors
    buzzingnoise
    penexpers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Signal rabbit
    Esroh
    Lumen
    Lafors
    buzzingnoise
    penexpers
    Ashleey

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mellon

Signal rabbit
    Esroh
    Lumen
    Lafors
    buzzingnoise
    penexpers
    Ashleey
    anoble66
    Mellon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Signal rabbit
    Esroh
    Lumen
    Lafors
    buzzingnoise
    penexpers
    Ashleey
    anoble66
    Mellon
    Jawgap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Signal rabbit
    Esroh
    Lumen
    Lafors
    buzzingnoise
    penexpers
    Ashleey
    anoble66
    Mellon
    Jawgap
    Twin-go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I won't be able to do that unfortunately but I have registered ages ago. Can you transfer the entry to another? Otherwise good luck with my name lol

• Advertisement

Signal rabbit
    Esroh
    Lumen
    Lafors
    buzzingnoise
    penexpers
    Ashleey
    anoble66
    Mellon
    Jawgap