Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etape Hibernia - August 22 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Irish cycling legend Sean Kelly, has today been confirmed as a participant in the 2010 Sky Ride Etape Hibernia, Ireland’s first closed road mass participation cycling event which takes place in County Clare on Sunday August 22nd.

Cool!! Can't wait to drop him..........:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Etape Hibernia

Thanks Beasty - are you referring to Sean's wins at P-R?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris%E2%80%93Roubaix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Does Sean have to register the day before?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

Thanks Beasty - are you referring to Sean's wins at P-R?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris%E2%80%93Roubaix

Reckon it's the use of the word MYTHICAL. That's how I read it anyway.

Now, I'm excited about the Etape!!!

• Advertisement

Ah, sorry! We do have a sense of humour, honestly. And we ARE listening to all of the comments on here. We will listen and take heed.

We realise that some aspects may not be perfect in year one, however our experience at the Etape Caledonia will hopefully pay dividends and make this a great event in the years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

We realise that some aspects may not be perfect in year one, however our experience at the Etape Caledonia will hopefully pay dividends and make this a great event in the years to come.

Is this going to be an annual event?
    And is it going to be on the same course for the coming years or will it move around the country from year to year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Irish cycling legend Sean Kelly, has today been confirmed as a participant in the 2010 Sky Ride Etape Hibernia, Ireland’s first closed road mass participation cycling event which takes place in County Clare on Sunday August 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Jawgap wrote: »
    Cool!! Can't wait to drop him..........:):)
    Good luck with that, he is still quite nippy on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Must read before i post ... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Does Sean have to register the day before?
    you can register in the morning now i heard. they have changed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

WolfeIRE wrote: »

Hopefully you are well informed, this would be very good news if true.

Can @Etape Hibernia confirm this please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I would also like to point out that the Etape Hibernia is not Ireland's first closed roads mass participation cycle. I believe this is

www.m3cycle.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

penexpers wrote: »
    I would also like to point out that the Etape Hibernia is not Ireland's first closed roads mass participation cycle. I believe this is

www.m3cycle.ie
    Course will probably be more interesting though. I think the EH was proposed before the M3 cycle happened too. Also- technically was the M3 cycle on "closed roads"- as they had never been opened. I cycle down in Sundrive on "closed roads" every Wednesday.

blorg wrote: »
    Good luck with that, he is still quite nippy on the bike.

I fully expect him to be enjoying a cup of tea made from the dust of my freshly ground up bones while I'm still lumping it around:)

I'm just looking forward to sharing the same tarmac as him - they do have tarmac on the roads in Clare don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mickmcl09

Jawgap wrote: »
    the entry booklet mentions somethng about having to produce photo id at the registration - you'll need to get the forger's kit out to create a Blorg id for Dirk!!!

btw - what if he puts in a really sh1t time - you're name will be sullied:)

For anyone booking hotels - check before you go for any Etape specials. I was booking online and noticed the message saying to call the hotel for special rates for Etape participants - and special they were!

The rate for cyclists was nearly 50 yoyos extra for a two night stay compared to the online rate in the same hotel - naturally I went with the online rate rather than compromise my post-event pasta and beer budget.

I've got a house booked for a week from Saturday 21st. 5 singles left @€;60 a head. 5 miles from ennis. Cars will be secure and transport in and out of town is arranged. I also have a person to take bottles etc. the night before to pick up when passing spanish point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    ROK ON wrote: »
    Hopefully you are well informed, this would be very good news if true.

Can @Etape Hibernia confirm this please?

Can anyone confirm that registration is now being allowed on the Sunday morning as well?

Hi on the nickel...

I am afraid that this is not the case. There will not be registration on the Saturday, please refer to a little earlier in the thread to see reasoning.

For any other queries, or to just make contact with the organising team, please email info@etapehibernia.com. We are happy to help in any way that we can...

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

There will not be registration on the Saturday, please refer to a little earlier in the thread to see reasoning.

I'm assuming you mean there will be registration on Saturday (e.g. day before race) and not on Sunday (morning of race).

Sorry, yes, there will NOT be registration on the SUNDAY morning!

Thanks again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 dtlibra

Sorry, yes, there will NOT be registration on the SUNDAY morning!

Thanks again...
    Whatever about registration, it's not clear on the website when the latest date is for entry.
    I won't know whether I can participate until 2-3 days before Aug 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

dtlibra wrote: »
    Whatever about registration, it's not clear on the website when the latest date is for entry.
    I won't know whether I can participate until 2-3 days before Aug 22.

Then why not email the team at the address given just 4 messages before your message ;)

Oh I'm generous I'll even copy and paste it for you

info@etapehibernia.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dtlibra

ktz84 wrote: »
    Then why not email the team at the address given just 4 messages before your message ;)

Oh I'm generous I'll even copy and paste it for you

info@etapehibernia.com
    Good news -

Hi Dtlibra

You will be enter on Saturday 21st at the Glor between 9am and 8pm. We will accept cash only. Hope you can make it!

Thanks Jo

Jo Dytch, IMG Mass Participation Sport
    T: +44 (0) 208 233 5815 · F: +44 (0) 208 233 5801 · M: +44 (0) 7912 999 614 · www.imgmassparticipationsport.com
    IMG UK Ltd. · McCormack House · Burlington Lane · London W4 2TH

Online entry closes in 42 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Online entry closes in 42 minutes :)

I emailed them on Tuesday and they still have not got back to me!! I didn't realise that iut closed that soon!

They also say that there will be places available on the Saturday 21st. But then I just got an e-mail from them saying that these places would be limited to first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

They also say that there will be places available on the Saturday 21st. But then I just got an e-mail from them saying that these places would be limited to first come first served.

Well might wait and see so, if i have to go down on the Saturday morning to register I may as well enter as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I also got an email the other day, which among other things reminded me to Check / know your race number before visiting the Registration desks which trawling through previous emails was not evident. After some head scratching, I eventually found the full list of names, numbers, and start times here. Maybe of some use to other entrants...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just wondering how many from boards are actually doing this? What times are you expecting to post?
    Me: hopefully under 5hr 15min rolling time :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

I'm doing it.

I turn 30 on the day!!!

I'm doing it with a gang of friends some very new to biking and some who are former international triathletes!! ( I know.... the shame of riding with a tri sporter) ;) So time will not be our priority!

Pubs close to finish in ennis will ve no.1 priority.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement