Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etape Hibernia - August 22 2010

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Without being a snitch. Check out the time he said he posted and that from the results. Maybe he was just referring to his cycle time?

On a serious note, why didn't, crc, a sponsor, not have a sales stand? I reckon they could have sold a boat load of inner tubes for a start.

I also was surprised by the change in route but it adds to the fun and the challenge. Some of the people in my group were like me a bit exhausted by the extra climbing. Respect to anyone who used a 53 by 11 combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 smiler12

was the original route harder? i had lent my compact to a friend who then passed me with about 15mls to go. so next time i'll use the compact myself.

have to say fair play to dermot murnaghan for getting back on and finishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Irish Cycling Photos

Hello All
    You can view photos of the SkyRide Etape Hibernia Clare 22nd Aug on
    www.irishcyclingphotos.com

the exact link is click here

Rgds to All

Barry
    http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/icons/icon12.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

lafors wrote: »
    Good review of the event....maybe I was a bit too harsh on it ;)

http://www.cyclosport.org/article.aspx?id=1575

I thought it was a great event and will grow stronger in the future. So much better that Etape Caledonia in many ways, mostly down to the 'can-do' attitude of the Clare public and the fact they want the event on. If Etape Hibernia can get 5000 people in the next few years, it boosts the local economy no mistake.:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Does anybody have any estimate of the "financial benefit" if any to nort Clare. Say on the Doolin, Lahinch, Miltown Malbay leg of the event!

What I'm hearing, is bugger all hotel, or hostel nights booked by cyclists or organisers in this leg. In fact bugger all money of any kind left in the area as a by product of the event. Yet, the whole population really inconvenienced by the road closures.

Comments please!

Apologies for the late reply, just back from a stunning week in Lahinch with the extended family. Was down in Doolin on Wednesday night and it was hopping, with barely even standing room in McGanns or McDermots. High season, Lahinch and Doolin are always pretty packed, to help the local economy you'd need to hold the event off season. No idea of the statistics, but I have never seen so many bike racks around the place as last week. I've been cycling around the Burren a fair bit last week, and heard no negatives about the road closure from any locals.

Really enjoyed the event, and will defo be back next year. Etape Hibernia entry fee €54, t-shirt €20, seeing the kids at the finish screaming 'go dad', priceless!

Getting texted the finishing time was also a nice touch, though the Ennis registration as has been said by so many was a painful waste of time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement