Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

One argues that Ripley wouldnt even let him play with the sword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

This is what happens;

Ripley and Indiana Jones are in a crappy situation where they are forced into battle. Ripley starts bitching to the devious foe who is making them fight each other, Indiana yawns and just shoots her in the back. Game over. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

( in reference to blood lust) No I don't think he is, I don't think she is either,:( i really don't like this match up. I really think they'd be better allies than foes.( and I would like to see that) I don't think either of them actually enjoy the fight, only fight from necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Indy is a great character, but imo, he relies on luck while Ripley relies on ingenuity, skill and grit.

She would win out with these characteristics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Pter wrote: »
    Indy is a great character, but imo, he relies on luck while Ripley relies on ingenuity, skill and grit.

She would win out with these characteristics.

Ah here, Ripley is all about the luck. Indy has escaped from so many dodgey situations. Ripley just constantly runs. Sure she has good moments when she takes the fight to the Aliens, but normally she's trying to run away and prevent the spread by blowing stuff up. She never actually hunts the lads. She would have been dead in number 3 if it wasn't for her pregnant state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Hey guys,

I know the tournies are great fun and we all get wrapped up in it sometimes, but can you please try and keep the discussion about the events here in these discussion threads?
    Mentioning it in the lair is grand in passing, but constantly bringing the discussion there will only get in the way of the folks who arent using the tournies enjoying the forum.

Thanks,

Nerin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Nerin wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I know the tournies are great fun and we all get wrapped up in it sometimes, but can you please try and keep the discussion about the events here in these discussion threads?
    Mentioning it in the lair is grand in passing, but constantly bringing the discussion there will only get in the way of the folks who arent using the tournies enjoying the forum.

Thanks,

Nerin
    Sorry sir, know I been guilty of that meself.

sorry- hangs head.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

You got dragged into it by me Deki.

Re: Koth and Pter's vote, that's true to a certain extent lads, but what mostly wins the day for Jack is his ability to think on his own and ignore CTU and government protocol. That's why Jack has often found himself in hot water and indeed, why he found himself up against the US Senate and possibly facing a court martial. This dude wins the day because he's a free thinker, he still managed to whoop ass in Africa without CTU, he took down entire gangs by his own FFS! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Re: Koth and Pter's vote, that's true to a certain extent lads, but what mostly wins the day for Jack is his ability to think on his own and ignore CTU and government protocol. That's why Jack has often found himself in hot water and indeed, why he found himself up against the US Senate and possibly facing a court martial. This dude wins the day because he's a free thinker, he still managed to whoop ass in Africa without CTU, he took down entire gangs by his own FFS! :D
    When I'm only now starting to watch the show, as I finally picked up series one.

And without all the intel provided by other people in the show, the first series would have been basically Jack grounding his daughter :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

Lara Croft, coz all she has to do is give him the eye, and Bauer will unload his weapon.
    Gee, how did I see that coming

Galvasean wrote: »
    Lara Croft has fought, dinosaurs, aliens, monsters, demons, agents at area 51 etc. etc. etc. and come out on top.
    Bauer's escapades against 'durka durka' style terrorists pale in comparison.

Really? I don't remember that, that being said I only remember the first three games, there was no freaks in them right?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Selfless Xenos? You give the hive too much credit good sir! What about that Xeno that was wimpering like a biatch when his "hive" decided to sacrifice him in Alien Resurrection so they could escape? That Xeno didn't seem too happy to die in order for his fellow Xenos to survive! :p

Forced natural selection. The xenos kill off any weakling with 'emotions'. Keeps teh hive fighting fit.
    Yeah, it was an easy victory with no casualties all right. :P

Operation D-Day, also known as, OPeration: "Charge at them headlong, they can't possibly shoot us all!" - a tactic eerily similar to the one used by the xenos in Aliens :cool:

Really? I don't remember that, that being said I only remember the first three games, there was no freaks in them right?

Can Jack do that?

That reminds me, I'm going to watch Aliens Resurrection now, LZ's guilty pleasure. :cool: :pac:

EDIT Jack could do that with ease, jesus all he needs to do is shout and those pansy dinosaurs will go wimpering back to where they came from. ;)

EDIT Jack could do that with ease, jesus all he needs to do is shout and those pansy dinosaurs will go wimpering back to where they came from. ;)

Oh I'm sorry, I though this tourney was about the respective characters' actual abilities, not ChuckNorrisisms

I went with Lara on this, but really I reckon a decent shot in the face is enough to take out a dino... Lara is peppering those chaps and they're taking a long time to die. I now question her aim.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I went with Lara on this, but really I reckon a decent shot in the face is enough to take out a dino... Lara is peppering those chaps and they're taking a long time to die. I now question her aim.

Scaly skin FTW.That's video game bosses for you. They can take an unusual amount of punishment. Heck, it takes a fair few bullets to take down Lara aswell.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Scaly skin FTW.That's video game bosses for you. They can take an unusual amount of punishment. Heck, it takes a fair few bullets to take down Lara aswell.

Ah, well then Jack stands no chance... Lara will survive his 1st bullet even if he gets it to her, and then WHUPPA! Down goes Bauer!

INTERMISSION- time to stretch and relax with the intermission match:p
    lets_all_go_to_the_lobby11.jpg Let's all go to the lobby...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Deki wrote: »
    INTERMISSION- time to stretch and relax with the intermission match:p
    lets_all_go_to_the_lobby11.jpg Let's all go to the lobby...
    Right relax as a cyborg mauls the mutant squirrel

I don't know Wolf - The dragon's reaction to the squirrel girl was anything but combative.:p Just munch my popcorn and think this over...

Wolf vs. squirrel. Wolf gonna win.

what are your skills again? She got some big teeth too Wolf. Retractable knuckle spikes,claws, advanced sense of smell, enhanced eyesight, can call all the squirrels down on you...
    Oh, and how can you resist those hazlenut flavored lips?

Adevanced hand to hand skills, superior strength and reflexes. Razor-sharp claws, and a jaw that can bite through concrete. I don't like hazelnut.

okay Wolf, don't get defensive, i'm still thinking. :p

• Advertisement

I also seek to expunge the stain upon Doom's honor.

Advertisement