Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Sorry, but I try to see a scenario in my mind and it just sort of fades on me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Damn it Deki, now you've raised another point to confuse me. I really can't picture them going after each other. Unless... Indy was after something buried in the AvP temple and Ripley was all "just blow the god damn thing up!" Nah, that's not even hugely plausible. Harungah.
    We could just settle it all and assume we're talking about Alien Resurrection Ripley, in which case she'd just bleed on him and all would be over. Dang.
    That however, would make her non-human

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Deki wrote: »
    Sorry, but I try to see a scenario in my mind and it just sort of fades on me...
    Fine, if they refuse to fight they both get tossed to The Rancor beast
    250px-Rancor.jpg

but together they would definitely beat the rancor :p

They go in one at a time, and they not Jedi

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:you loving this - aren't you?

Just vote already

I'm thinking...don't rush me :(

I not rushing you. Take your time.

Well I voted Wolf.

• Advertisement

That was a very well reasoned vote. Thank you kindly.

So now Jack against Lara? I already decided this.(I mean when everyone's voted on this one.)

Jack and Lara are fight 16 for Round 1.

Jack and Lara are fight 16 for Round 1.
    then who is next - I've lost track?

Then we have the first Intermission match, followed by Round 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Humans IMO have more mental capacity than the Xenomorphs. Yes, I know they've shown signs of intelligence such as using shadows well and in AR when they killed one of their own so the floor would dissolve with acid blood. But c'mon in the main they are pretty fcuking stupid. Take Aliens for example, a sea of them just kept coming and coming even though a lot of them were being taken out by the remote controlled machine guns.

Indy would have taken the Xenomorphs that Ripley did, and he wouldn't have found himself impregnated by them while doing it either. ;)

Wow the LZ-Pter voting bloc has split. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

When has indy shown he could deal with countless numbers of enemies?

Xenomorphs are the ultimate killers, the ultimate prey and are tough to kill without getting hurt.

Added to that, they wanna make babies with your face.

And ripley took them down. On four seperate occasions. A task which even the mighty predators found challenging.

Indy cant even survive a nuke without a refridgerator.

I staying out of this fight.

Pter wrote: »
    When has indy shown he could deal with countless numbers of enemies?

Xenomorphs are the ultimate killers, the ultimate prey and are tough to kill without getting hurt.

Added to that, they wanna make babies with your face.

And ripley took them down. On four seperate occasions. A task which even the mighty predators found challenging.

Indy cant even survive a nuke without a refridgerator.

Let's look at the times Ripley has taken down Xenomorphs;

She's a natural survivor but that requires an awful amount of luck. Like having a space station full of guns and ammo to hold off Hordes (Aliens), was able to destroy the Queen by killing herself (Alien 3 - and she was fcuked anyway so bravery doesn't come into it), and was able to stay alive for so long in AR because she was connected by blood to the Queen as well as the hybrid.

Human Ripley (and we are talking about the original Ripley, this after all *is* the Human League) IMO is great, but would she have achieved what she did if all she had was a gun, a whip and her smarts? I don't think so. In a basic fight Jones IMO would win.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Let's look at the times Ripley has taken down Xenomorphs;

She's a natural survivor but that requires an awful amount of luck. Like having a space station full of guns and ammo to hold off Hordes (Aliens), was able to destroy the Queen by killing herself (Alien 3 - and she was fcuked anyway so bravery doesn't come into it), and was able to stay alive for so long in AR because she was connected by blood to the Queen as well as the hybrid.

Human Ripley (and we are talking about the original Ripley, this after all *is* the Human League) IMO is great, but would she have achieved what she did if all she had was a gun, a whip and her smarts? I don't think so. In a basic fight Jones IMO would win.
    Yep, just humans here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

No freaks allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Humans IMO have more mental capacity than the Xenomorphs. Yes, I know they've shown signs of intelligence such as using shadows well and in AR when they killed one of their own so the floor would dissolve with acid blood. But c'mon in the main they are pretty fcuking stupid. Take Aliens for example, a sea of them just kept coming and coming even though a lot of them were being taken out by the remote controlled machine guns.

That's a textbook case of hive intelligence. Aliens don't give a damn about an individual xeno. It is the survival of the hive that is important. They would gladly sacrifice countless numbers of their own to simply waste the enemy's ammunition.
    You are just lucky the Tyranids aren't here!

tyranids_demotivate.jpg

Selfless Xenos? You give the hive too much credit good sir! What about that Xeno that was wimpering like a biatch when his "hive" decided to sacrifice him in Alien Resurrection so they could escape? That Xeno didn't seem too happy to die in order for his fellow Xenos to survive! :p

Look, its easy to kill one xeno, but its impossible to stop them all...which is what ripley did.

Its easy to stop nazi's...sure the allies did that no bother.

Yeah, it was an easy victory with no casualties all right. :P

Eggsactly. Ipso facto, Ripley wins.

Taking out all those aliens is fantastic, but that isn't who Ripley is fighting now. She's up against another human.: One that I think is quite a lot like her. Is this a fight to the death or just till one says "uncle"? ( I just don't know if she would do it- it's not that I think she couldn't.) :(

Oh yeah cause Indy is all about the bloodlust

• Advertisement

Indy's all about the common sense;

Advertisement